The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 12-07-2021, 12:20 PM   #5201
mikey see
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0 View Post
I think they are.

The first style guide turtles were repaints of the wave 1 turtles. So, these look to be repaints of the Turtles In Disguise turtles.
Right on. Looks like they're more matte, too. I knew I was going to regret ordering the glossy disguise set!
mikey see is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 01:31 PM   #5202
Tuxedo Moroboshi
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey see View Post
Right on. Looks like they're more matte, too. I knew I was going to regret ordering the glossy disguise set!
That's easy enough to fix. Just get some matte spray sealer from any hobby store and it works like a charm. Just make sure it's either acrylic or lacquer, because enamel might not dry very well on action figures (speaking from personal experience).

But ya, I often use matte spray sealers or gloss spray sealers if I feel a figure is either too glossy or too matte (depending on the figure).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg testors_1260_dull_cote.jpg (81.2 KB, 4 views)
Tuxedo Moroboshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 07:29 PM   #5203
Spidergreg
Mad Scientist

Someone remind me again 'cos i forgot but
Neca hasn't ship Pizza monster yet right?
Spidergreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 07:30 PM   #5204
Spidergreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0 View Post
I think they are.

The first style guide turtles were repaints of the wave 1 turtles. So, these look to be repaints of the Turtles In Disguise turtles.
What does repaint TiD mean? It's going to be shiny?
Old 12-07-2021, 07:33 PM   #5205
TMNTFanatic4Life
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidergreg View Post
Someone remind me again 'cos i forgot but
Neca hasn't ship Pizza monster yet right?
No, it hasn’t shipped yet
TMNTFanatic4Life is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 07:37 PM   #5206
Spidergreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNTFanatic4Life View Post
No, it hasn’t shipped yet
Damn, i bundled my Ace/Muta with pizza monster.

Funny how some people's ace/muta has already been shipped
when we only got the updated email just now.
Old 12-07-2021, 07:48 PM   #5207
IMJ
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuxedo Moroboshi View Post
That's easy enough to fix. Just get some matte spray sealer from any hobby store and it works like a charm. Just make sure it's either acrylic or lacquer, because enamel might not dry very well on action figures (speaking from personal experience).

But ya, I often use matte spray sealers or gloss spray sealers if I feel a figure is either too glossy or too matte (depending on the figure).
Talk a little more about what you've done with this man. I know that it's just a simple spray application, but I'd love to see some examples.

Maybe start a thread about figure enhancements or something so as not to hijack this thread....
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 07:45 AM   #5208
mikey see
Stone Warrior

Quote:

Thanks for the tip! I think I'm too anal about my stuff to mess with it though. Like, if I buy a figure that's missing some black paint, and I could easily touch it up with a Sharpie and it would be completely unnoticeable... I won't do it. I can't bring myself to alter the product I bought, even if it means I'd enjoy the figure more.

Thanks Obama.
mikey see is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 07:45 PM   #5209
mikey0
Foot Elite

Wingnut and Screwloose ToyHypeUSA Review: https://toyhypeusa.com/2021/12/08/ne...igures-review/
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 08:12 PM   #5210
IMJ
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey see View Post
Thanks for the tip! I think I'm too anal about my stuff to mess with it though. Like, if I buy a figure that's missing some black paint, and I could easily touch it up with a Sharpie and it would be completely unnoticeable... I won't do it. I can't bring myself to alter the product I bought, even if it means I'd enjoy the figure more.

Thanks Obama.
That's how I feel - I don't do much messing with my figures, but this clear coat thing has me interested.....
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2021, 08:41 PM   #5211
Dask
Hench Mutant

I see some Ace Duck posters in the promo shots for toon dio, including the recent NECA official pics of Ace Duck and Mutagen Man. Are these posters included in the toon diorama (I bought the generic street scene so I don't know, although I got the Loot Crate "punks" posters for around $9 about a year ago from eBay)? Are they packed in with Ace Duck? or are these unattainable items only seen on NECA displays....
Dask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2021, 09:55 PM   #5212
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dask View Post
I see some Ace Duck posters in the promo shots for toon dio, including the recent NECA official pics of Ace Duck and Mutagen Man. Are these posters included in the toon diorama (I bought the generic street scene so I don't know, although I got the Loot Crate "punks" posters for around $9 about a year ago from eBay)? Are they packed in with Ace Duck? or are these unattainable items only seen on NECA displays....
yeah, they're with the diorama.

"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2021, 08:07 PM   #5213
Tuxedo Moroboshi
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
Talk a little more about what you've done with this man. I know that it's just a simple spray application, but I'd love to see some examples.

Maybe start a thread about figure enhancements or something so as not to hijack this thread....
Well, I dunno if I'm knowledgeable enough to make an entire thread. I don't wanna derail too much, but I will say, there's videos on YouTube about this kind of stuff. Here's just one example.
Tuxedo Moroboshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 07:49 PM   #5214
Y2Josh
Foot Soldier

Randy teased Mousers for next Tuesday on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/status...68899083227141
Y2Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 09:28 PM   #5215
Spidergreg
Mad Scientist

Neca is starting their X days of download again starting with toony terrors.
Hopefully we get an updated list of turtles + reveals soon.

Get your predictions in.
- Party Wagon
- Bugman
- Human Baxter Stockman
- neutrinos

The obvious ones
- TiD recolor
- Tokka & Rahzar
Old 12-13-2021, 11:13 PM   #5216
j3h
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Neca is starting their X days of download again starting with toony terrors.
Hopefully we get an updated list of turtles + reveals soon.

Get your predictions in.
- Party Wagon
- Bugman
- Human Baxter Stockman
- neutrinos

The obvious ones
- TiD recolor
- Tokka & Rahzar
Putting the two posts together, if the toon turtles checklist is revealed next Tuesday, it will also reveal the mousers.

Randy did also tweet that there will not be anymore on sales or preorders for the rest of this year, so your wallet can breathe a sigh of relief. He also tweeted that NECA’s van will not cost as much as super 7’s.
j3h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 03:03 AM   #5217
Spidergreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3h View Post
Putting the two posts together, if the toon turtles checklist is revealed next Tuesday, it will also reveal the mousers.

Randy did also tweet that there will not be anymore on sales or preorders for the rest of this year, so your wallet can breathe a sigh of relief. He also tweeted that NECA’s van will not cost as much as super 7’s.
Considering it's already mid December,
breathe a sigh of relief for 2 weeks?
Old 12-14-2021, 08:24 AM   #5218
j3h
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Considering it's already mid December,
breathe a sigh of relief for 2 weeks?
This time of year, two weeks is a refreshing break (in addition to however many weeks it’s been since the last NECA on sale). We’re good to resume frivolous self spending after that
Also I got the impression from Randy’s tweets yesterday, that there might not be any online drops till the spring, at which time there might be a few releases that are exclusive to online sales along with preorder availability for sets also sold in Target.
j3h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2021, 02:27 PM   #5219
inaheap
Mad Scientist

Quote:

I wonder if this would work on Super7 April. Cool figure but she sure is shiny.

Anybody else think NECA should start with a Channel six van? It keeps their news theme going. Also could keep the ones who bought the Super7 still buying NECA too.

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2021, 05:32 AM   #5220
deadsy333
Thug

Got a shipping notification for my Pizza Monster order.
deadsy333 is offline   Reply With Quote