The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 04-14-2015, 05:44 PM   #21
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
Spoiler:
So what's up with Stick and this upcoming war or whatever? Is that a thing in the comics?
Spoiler:
It is. In the comics Stick is the leader of the Chaste, a rival to the ninja clan known as "The Hand".

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 07:28 AM   #22
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Haven't really heard the general consensus regarding...

Spoiler:
...his costume that he gets in the final episode, but I really wasn't a fan. It looked like a cross between Ant-Man and Captain America. And I know Marvel is kind of going for a universal look for their heroes it just looked kind of silly. Am I alone in thinking this?
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 07:33 AM   #23
Purse Grabbin Puke
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krutch View Post
Haven't really heard the general consensus regarding...

Spoiler:
...his costume that he gets in the final episode, but I really wasn't a fan. It looked like a cross between Ant-Man and Captain America. And I know Marvel is kind of going for a universal look for their heroes it just looked kind of silly. Am I alone in thinking this?
I think this is the only downside to the show. The good thing is they can hear the backlash and fix it. I appreciate the effort of realism though, and I can live with it. The thing is, he was SO much cooler looking as "Black Mask" so it just might need some getting used to.
Old 04-15-2015, 12:44 PM   #24
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

I finished Daredevil last night and I have to say its the best Comic show right now. I really really hope Marvel grants it a Second Season. If that boring crap Agents of Shield can get a second season and a spinoff series, Daredevil can get a second season.
Old 04-15-2015, 01:12 PM   #25
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Just saw the first episode, pretty nifty stuff, it's so great to see fight scenes not filmed in Hollywood trope shaky cam style
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 01:44 PM   #26
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

People expecting an immediate or close to immediate 2nd season aren't really paying attention to what Marvel's game plan currently is. The idea is a season of Daredevil, a season of AKA Jessica Jones, a season of Iron Fist, a season of Luke Cage, and then they all team up together in a season of "The Defenders." So barring some major game changing plans, if there will be a second season of Daredevil, it wouldn't be until after that... and that's quite some ways away.

I really hope we see a Daredevil cameo in Age of Ultron, smacking around some Ultron robots at least.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 02:58 PM   #27
Purse Grabbin Puke
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Just saw the first episode, pretty nifty stuff, it's so great to see fight scenes not filmed in Hollywood trope shaky cam style
Wait until you see the end of episode 2... one word - "Amazing".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
People expecting an immediate or close to immediate 2nd season aren't really paying attention to what Marvel's game plan currently is. The idea is a season of Daredevil, a season of AKA Jessica Jones, a season of Iron Fist, a season of Luke Cage, and then they all team up together in a season of "The Defenders." So barring some major game changing plans, if there will be a second season of Daredevil, it wouldn't be until after that... and that's quite some ways away.

I really hope we see a Daredevil cameo in Age of Ultron, smacking around some Ultron robots at least.
Yes, I think I saw that "The Defenders" is in pre production already. I can't wait for the Luke Cage show.
Old 04-15-2015, 03:37 PM   #28
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I didn't even want to mention it, but imagining a TMNT live action TV show in the vein of "Daredevil"...

It will never, ever happen, though.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 03:44 PM   #29
Mona_Lisa
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purse Grabbin Puke View Post
I just finished binge watching this show on Netflix...WOW! I think I enjoyed it more than any other Marvel production I've seen so far.

Charlie Cox, who was incredible as Owen on Boardwalk Empire is absolutely incredible as Matt Murdock.

Vincent D'Onofrio as Wilson Fisk is simply amazing.

The show is brutally violent, and there are incredible fight scenes...
I have been watching it too. I think it is awesome... But I have to admit they kept talking about the city being destroyed, and I'm like what? when? why ????? and then I'm like O, (head slap) Avengers... lol!
Old 04-16-2015, 12:00 AM   #30
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mona_Lisa View Post
I have been watching it too. I think it is awesome... But I have to admit they kept talking about the city being destroyed, and I'm like what? when? why ????? and then I'm like O, (head slap) Avengers... lol!
Oh yeah, I was rather (pleasantly) surprised that they references Avengers, and that we are seeing the after effects and the repercussions of the destruction of a good portion of New York. Soemthing we rarely experience in comic books or movies, a city usually is just a huge set piece to destroy without thinking about the people living there.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 03:39 AM   #31
JakeSully
Banned

Great show so far and the best Marvel show so far.

Isn't it nice to see Marvel aim at the adult market for once for a TV show?
JakeSully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 06:08 PM   #32
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

AAAAAAAAAAAAAND It's official! Daredevil has been renewed for a 2nd season!!!!!!!!

http://marvel.com/news/tv/24478/netf...vels_daredevil
Old 04-21-2015, 06:10 PM   #33
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph's Girl View Post
AAAAAAAAAAAAAND It's official! Daredevil has been renewed for a 2nd season!!!!!!!!

Awesome news to hear!!!

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 07:11 PM   #34
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph's Girl View Post

Old 04-26-2015, 12:41 AM   #35
JakeSully
Banned

Awesome man.

And who can't wait to see The Punisher on the show?
JakeSully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 06:33 AM   #36
Revan
Han Shot First

Watched the entire first season. Loved it. Acting was great and I liked how they didn't rush the character development. I suppose that is the advantage to doing this as a series rather than a movie. They can take their time so the audience can get to know the characters over time.

One thing. My knowledge of Daredevil stems almost exclusively from the Ben Affleck movie in which he had that radar sense from sounds. That ability doesn't seem to be as strong in this Netflix series which I like. This series is a bit more grounded in reality. That Ben Affleck movie Daredevil was almost invincible... I like how the Netflix version is vulnerable. He takes a lot of beatings but keeps getting up. And his "radar" ability isn't so overpowering.

Great series. Excited for season 2.
Old 04-26-2015, 11:00 AM   #37
Warhorse
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I didn't even want to mention it, but imagining a TMNT live action TV show in the vein of "Daredevil"...

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/webroot/a...s/438597_o.gif

It will never, ever happen, though.
Agree! Considering Daredevil's place in TMNT's history. Heck, I've seen some people fantasizing that the same company that was transporting the radioactive substance that Matty got hit with is also the same company that was transporting the ooze that the TMNT got mutated with.

If only the two franchise were owed by the same property, it could make for one badass crossover.

Thanks to this show and the tone set by the first movie in 1990, the thought of potential for the growth of the TMNT brand being squished by the effing soccer moms, has me

But yeah, loved this freaking show. One of my customers was bragging to me how great it was, him knowing I'm a pretty big fan of the comic book adaptions, so gave it a shot, and it had me hooked within the first 5 minutes. Charlie Cox/Matt Murdoch just might challenge Chris Evans/Steve Rogers as my favorite actor/character team of the MCU.

Last edited by Warhorse; 04-26-2015 at 11:08 AM.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 11:25 AM   #38
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Do we have release dates set yet for the others? Will the tone be similar to Daredevil?
Also,how long is it generally between seasons of Netflix shows?
Old 04-26-2015, 12:17 PM   #39
Warhorse
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Do we have release dates set yet for the others? Will the tone be similar to Daredevil?
All I know is that I read that season 2 for Daredevil will be out in 2016.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 12:29 PM   #40
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Seasons of Orange is the New Black and House of Cards are usually a year apart.

Tags
daredevil