The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 01-04-2021, 11:21 AM   #3201
staypuftweepel
Foot Soldier

I was only able to find a Krang because I asked the associates. They’ve been keeping them in the back. Here’s a review I made for the new Krang. It’s long so I split it into chapters. I show how the new Krang is different than the sdcc one and show how he fits in the bubble walker. I also show him with the ultimates and more. https://youtu.be/fWKNTJspcjs
staypuftweepel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 11:48 AM   #3202
xZAOx
Stone Warrior

Has there been any update from any NECA representatives on if we can expect Krang and the latest 2-pack to still show up on Target's website at some point?

I didn't see any mention, but didn't know if I'd missed it.
xZAOx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 12:43 PM   #3203
Shogun26
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by xZAOx View Post
Has there been any update from any NECA representatives on if we can expect Krang and the latest 2-pack to still show up on Target's website at some point?

That won't come from NECA but has to come from Target. Honestly, these have been put for two weeks, doubt they will be online with any stock.

Guys...I think Turtle Mania is back for good.
Shogun26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 12:51 PM   #3204
Juicexct
Foot Soldier

Quote:

I think both of these will end up online. NECA had switched both of these releases to 2021 releases. I assume the factories still shiped them directly to target and target ended up putting them out under their original release date. I think since NECA said that they were going to be 2021 releases that we will end up seeing them online within the next month.
Juicexct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 01:21 PM   #3205
IMJ
Emperor

It's nice to have something positive to add to this thread - especially when my feelings about the marketing, distribution and price points are all pretty well known.

But with that said I've gotten around to opening all of my NECA movie items for display and I'm really pleasantly surprised with the build quality.

Another buddy of mine here pointed out the build quality on the Mattel DC stuff to me a few weeks back. The NECA stuff feels like that. It feels like McFarlane sculpts (on the movie pieces at least) with Marvel Legends appeal but with Mattel build quality - tight joints that don't ratchet but aren't too tight that you fear breaking them.

Amidst all of this distribution BS and the scalper climate and everything I've tried to point out to add to the usable information for NECA, it's nice to say that bare minimum the actual action figures are really quality pieces in all of the right ways. The truth is that when something goes right or is well done, I'll say it immediately. But everything else I've posted in this thread is incredibly valid.

Maybe I should've posted this in the Wal-Mart thread because I'm talking about the movie figs, but I wanted to create that balance here before I find another reason to consumer bomb NECA's awful Fred Wolf distribution.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 02:31 PM   #3206
inaheap
Mad Scientist

Quote:

I'm kind of hoping there hasn't been an online drop because NECA is going to handle online orders themselves once these have had some shelf time.

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 02:53 PM   #3207
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by inaheap View Post
I'm kind of hoping there hasn't been an online drop because NECA is going to handle online orders themselves once these have had some shelf time.
My hope as well....
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 05:00 PM   #3208
useasneeded4pain
Foot Soldier

Quote:

The last update from Randy was that they weren't supposed to be out until 2021. So of course they hit early and no one has any idea what's going on. But Randy hasn't been on Twitter in like 2 months, so who the heck knows at this point??
useasneeded4pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 06:13 PM   #3209
JonesyKitty
Mad Scientist

So as I mentioned yesterday we went to 8 Targets and had no luck. Well today we wnded up going to the last one in our area and once again no luck. When we left our car started having issues due to the insane amount of rain so we decided to take a safer route home. I was about to drop $185 on ebay to just get it over with since I wasn't having any luck. Well we ended up passing one of the Targets on our way and stopped to go in and get window wipes for the car and I spotted them behind the glass on the Electronics. I ran up thinking they were on hold and the employee said he was limiting them to one each on the floor at a time because he was done with scalpers and keeping them behind the glass. So I freak chance lucked out and got both Krang and the Splinter/Baxter set without having to rely on ebay or the CHC groups! This was a huge victory for me! We sat there and bonded over Turtles for a few mins and I showed him pictures of my dioramas, it was my first pleasant experience with a Target employee and now I know which store to check when the next set goes out.

I hope those of you still looking have some better luck soon, it was so hard having to hold myself back from ebay but it finally worked in my favor.
JonesyKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 08:59 PM   #3210
King Kahn
Stone Warrior

Quote:
No. Neca is only doing the online portion for Walmart product. Target will still go through their own site.

I’d assume neca will do preorders for everything else like they did the Casey pack, rocksteady pack, etc.
King Kahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 10:51 PM   #3211
vicsavage
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonesyKitty View Post
So as I mentioned yesterday we went to 8 Targets and had no luck. Well today we wnded up going to the last one in our area and once again no luck. When we left our car started having issues due to the insane amount of rain so we decided to take a safer route home. I was about to drop $185 on ebay to just get it over with since I wasn't having any luck. Well we ended up passing one of the Targets on our way and stopped to go in and get window wipes for the car and I spotted them behind the glass on the Electronics. I ran up thinking they were on hold and the employee said he was limiting them to one each on the floor at a time because he was done with scalpers and keeping them behind the glass. So I freak chance lucked out and got both Krang and the Splinter/Baxter set without having to rely on ebay or the CHC groups! This was a huge victory for me! We sat there and bonded over Turtles for a few mins and I showed him pictures of my dioramas, it was my first pleasant experience with a Target employee and now I know which store to check when the next set goes out.

I hope those of you still looking have some better luck soon, it was so hard having to hold myself back from ebay but it finally worked in my favor.
Good for you. It's always nice to hear stories like this.
vicsavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 07:24 AM   #3212
mikey see
Mad Scientist

Shoo, catching up on things after being offline since right before Christmas.

On a whim I called my Target right before leaving town. Turns out they had Krang so I ran over there and sure enough, they had a full case of 6 out on the shelf. I didn't have time to look through paint (we were literally about ready to leave for five days) so I grabbed two. Then on the way home from Christmas we stopped at a Target to go to the bathroom (fast food places around here are all drive-through only) and low and behold, there was 8 Splinter and Baxters. Again, I didn't have time to look through paint so I grabbed two. Then once we got home my wife ran to our Target to grab some groceries and found them there as well. So I'm actually pretty surprised to hear people are having a hard time getting them, I thought they were hitting hard everywhere judging by what I've seen personally.

Anyway, I've got an extra Krang and Splinter/Baxter if anyone is in the STL area. I'd love to trade for Zork/Zarax, they're the only set I haven't been able to find.
mikey see is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 07:41 AM   #3213
inaheap
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
No. Neca is only doing the online portion for Walmart product. Target will still go through their own site.

I’d assume neca will do preorders for everything else like they did the Casey pack, rocksteady pack, etc.
This is pretty much what I meant. I'm hoping there hasn't been an online drop because NECA will announce that they are taking preorders once these have had some shelf time. still I wish Target would at least log the inventory into their system so we can see if the store has any.

On side note when you guys call Target to see if they have any is there a trick to it or just dial the store and ask whoever answers?

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.

Last edited by inaheap; 01-05-2021 at 07:48 AM.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 10:05 AM   #3214
mikey0
Foot Elite

NECA Updates Again With Online Shopping Progress For TMNT Items - https://toynewsi.com/139-38064
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 10:09 AM   #3215
mikey see
Mad Scientist

Quote:
On side note when you guys call Target to see if they have any is there a trick to it or just dial the store and ask whoever answers?
Hit 2 for department and then 1 for electronics. That's all I ever do anyway, and luckily my store knows what I'm talking about when I awkwardly ask "uh yeah, have you guys gotten any of the new NECA Ninja Turtle 2-packs in stock?". A few stores further out have no clue what I'm talking about and try to send me to toys.
mikey see is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 11:39 AM   #3216
DarthKrang
Mouser

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0 View Post
NECA Updates Again With Online Shopping Progress For TMNT Items - https://toynewsi.com/139-38064
Thanks for posting this. Still no mention of the Triceraton/Roadkill Rodney set that was available for international customers. A set which was never listed as a pre-order and seemed to be immediately available.
DarthKrang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 11:49 AM   #3217
Last Ronin
Hench Mutant

I hate myself.......

I had to buy Krang body and Metalhead off of ebay. Though I only paid 60 each for them it's still too much in my opinion, I just thought I had to get them now rather than wait and pay 90 or more for them later on.

But, I still think I got a good deal.

What do you guys think?
Last Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 12:06 PM   #3218
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthKrang View Post
Thanks for posting this. Still no mention of the Triceraton/Roadkill Rodney set that was available for international customers. A set which was never listed as a pre-order and seemed to be immediately available.
You’re very welcome. I hope that every collector who wants these are able to find them.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 12:27 PM   #3219
TMNTFanatic4Life
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Ronin View Post
I hate myself.......

I had to buy Krang body and Metalhead off of ebay. Though I only paid 60 each for them it's still too much in my opinion, I just thought I had to get them now rather than wait and pay 90 or more for them later on.

But, I still think I got a good deal.

What do you guys think?
60 each is a good, especially for Krang considering there were a lot on Ebay that went for well over 100 when these were first found in California a few weeks ago.

You did good.
TMNTFanatic4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 12:55 PM   #3220
deadsy333
Foot Soldier

I have been to 6 Target stores multiple times, and can't find the new ones. I may resort to ebay for these.
deadsy333 is offline   Reply With Quote