The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 07-11-2021, 09:18 PM   #1
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Walmart Exclusive Classic Basic figures

https://www.walmart.com/ip/TMNT-Clas...mpaign_id=9383

Raph

https://www.walmart.com/ip/TMNT-Clas...gure/991674434

Mikey

Old 07-11-2021, 11:18 PM   #2
Spidergreg
Mad Scientist

Are these this year's rereleases?
I could immediately tell the Raph is not a vintage figure because it's very pale
but the packaging is dope. Closest thing to the vintage one so far.
Spidergreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 05:20 AM   #3
Shortfuse
Foot Soldier

Hope these are coming to the UK.

Shortfuse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 05:23 AM   #4
LincolnHawk
Mad Scientist

got all three turtles so far, they haven't put donnie up yet, wasn't able to get party wagon.....hopefully i can grab that
Old 07-12-2021, 06:03 AM   #5
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

are these like 100% identical to the ones that came out shortly after the 2012 Nick series started airing? I like spotting little differences between the reissues but I'm not sure if there are any here.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 06:06 AM   #6
LincolnHawk
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
are these like 100% identical to the ones that came out shortly after the 2012 Nick series started airing? I like spotting little differences between the reissues but I'm not sure if there are any here.
other than teh pkg, I think so, I hated that pkg, with the "classics" tag on it, sold my party wagon back in the day, happy to get this again
Old 07-12-2021, 08:49 AM   #7
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
No, these are the retro rotocast heads from last year. The 2013 Classic Collection retro reissue figures had hard heads (not the hollow heads) and different paint jobs.

It’s nice to see the 1988 to 1990 card fronts again.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 09:02 AM   #8
mikey see
Mad Scientist

I don't usually like these reissues but with those vintage cardbacks I'd say these are pretty great. They'd make a fantastic stand-in if you can't/won't buy the real thing.
mikey see is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 11:33 AM   #9
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0 View Post
No, these are the retro rotocast heads from last year. The 2013 Classic Collection retro reissue figures had hard heads (not the hollow heads) and different paint jobs.

It’s nice to see the 1988 to 1990 card fronts again.
do you know if there are any good comparisons that show the difference between the two reissues?

I've seen comparisons between the retro hard and soft heads, but I mean specifically between these newer reissue heads you just described.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 11:51 AM   #10
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
do you know if there are any good comparisons that show the difference between the two reissues?

I've seen comparisons between the retro hard and soft heads, but I mean specifically between these newer reissue heads you just described.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EMN7kPysSlQ

There are not any out of package shots of the big rotocast headed figures and the hard heads, but this YouTube reviewer does compare the moc SDCC 2020 figures and GameStop 2019 figures side-by-side.

Raphael is the only rotocast turtle with a darker colored head. Leonardo has the largest rotocast head out of them all.

Last edited by mikey0; 07-12-2021 at 12:11 PM.
Old 07-12-2021, 01:35 PM   #11
IMJ
Emperor

These have been released so many times... Being re-released once was more than enough.

IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 01:51 PM   #12
Leo656
The Franchise

My Party Wagon's had a busted side door forever. That's kinda tempting.

Can't lie, some of my Kenner "Real Ghostbusters" figures had busted proton packs and my Ecto-1 was in such disrepair I had to scrap it, so on some level I appreciate them doing this stuff occasionally. I'd rather pay $50 for a reissued Ecto-1 or Party Wagon vs. trying to find a vintage one in good shape for a decent price. It's just easier.

It's too bad McFarlane isn't likely to share the DC license anytime soon. Otherwise Hasbro could bring back the old Kenner "DC Super-Powers" line. That would do huge business, considering how insane the prices on those figures have gotten, even loose.

MOTU Origins is by far my favorite "retro" line of the moment, since they don't just recreate the vintage toys 1:1 but actually make improvements where they can (such as better articulation, larger vehicles, etc.). To me that's "better" than simply recreating the originals exactly as they were BUT like I said I've bought some Ghostbusters stuff and might still in the future, so I can't really cry about the 1:1 re-releases either.

Huge believer in the free market economy. Just put the product out there and let people buy whatever they like, says I.

....But yeah Playmates as a whole is just entirely worthless when this is the "best" they can manage to do.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 02:24 PM   #13
LincolnHawk
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post

These have been released so many times... Being re-released once was more than enough.

https://i.imgur.com/yXbG9jnl.jpg
meh like I said earlier, these look so much better than the earlier releases, they aren't stamped with the "classic" label that I've always hated, after this set, I'm done buying "classics"
Old 07-12-2021, 02:45 PM   #14
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post

https://i.imgur.com/yXbG9jnl.jpg
Unfortunately, it looks like Playmates will bring out repros until they lose the license. The reissues sold from 1993 to 2000 were streets ahead from the newer re-releases. On the other hand, characters like Baxter, Krang, the Foot Soldier, and Slash are getting rotocast heads at this point in this century. So, the molds of the relaunched figures aren’t 100 percent like the vintage ones.

Last edited by mikey0; 07-12-2021 at 03:11 PM.
Old 07-12-2021, 03:11 PM   #15
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I've still never been able to get any of the re-releases, I'll definitely try to finally get one this time. Haven't owned one since I was a kid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0 View Post
Unfortunately, it looks like Playmates will bring out repros until they lose the license. The reissues sold from 1993 to 2000 were streets ahead from the newer re-releases. On the other hand, characters like Baxter, Krang, the Foot Soldier, and Slash are getting rotocast heads in this century. So, the molds of the relaunched figures aren’t 100 percent like the vintage ones.
haven't they basically lost the license? Everyone and their mother is making TMNT figures and or other licensed goods. There's more stuff than anyone could ever wish for.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 03:15 PM   #16
TMNTFanatic4Life
Stone Warrior

Will the van be in store? I missed out on the pre order online.
TMNTFanatic4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 03:25 PM   #17
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
haven't they basically lost the license? Everyone and their mother is making TMNT figures and or other licensed goods. There's more stuff than anyone could ever wish for.
Not yet. Playmates still holds the master license.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNTFanatic4Life View Post
Will the van be in store? I missed out on the pre order online.
The Turtle Party Wagon should be at Walmart before the year is out.
Old 07-12-2021, 03:58 PM   #18
PrestonC
Random Punk

Whoa whoa whoa… first I’ve heard of the figures being re-released. Will they be back in stock, or is that it?
PrestonC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 04:07 PM   #19
kizer17
Thug

Strange they are already sold out. I can't find the links to the other figures. I searched on walmart and google. Can someone post the links to all the figures here. Really annoying these are already sold out, considering I can't even find the links. I hope they are in stores too. Dumb scalpers.
kizer17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 06:20 PM   #20
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by kizer17 View Post
Strange they are already sold out. I can't find the links to the other figures. I searched on walmart and google. Can someone post the links to all the figures here. Really annoying these are already sold out, considering I can't even find the links. I hope they are in stores too. Dumb scalpers.
Party Wagon - https://www.walmart.com/ip/TMNT-Orig...mpaign_id=9383

Leonardo - https://www.walmart.com/ip/TMNT-Clas...mpaign_id=9383

Mikey - https://www.walmart.com/ip/TMNT-Clas...mpaign_id=9383

Raph - https://www.walmart.com/ip/TMNT-Clas...mpaign_id=9383

Donnie has not been listed yet. The turtles and Party Wagon should be headed to Walmart stores in the third quarter (July to September) or fourth quarter (October to December).