The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 05-21-2021, 05:47 PM   #21
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
https://www.cbr.com/batman-the-long-...ebuts-box-art/

This states that Part 2 is $40? Is that parts 1 AND 2 together? Or is it just part 2 priced that high? I learned the hard way with the disappointing rewrite of Hush to watch it streaming before buying it.
ignore that article most DC animated titles are 20 at retail so it would cost you 40 to get parts 1 and 2 or wait for the set to come out with both parts like they did with Dark Knight Returns.
Old 07-30-2021, 06:30 PM   #22
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Like 'Hush' before it the ending was changed. Instead of the younger son, Alberto Falcone faking his death and being the real serial killer it was Gilda Dent, who was the knocked up by Alberto and to do right by her they were to be married. She was forced to get an abortion and used Harvey to kill off the warring Gotham crime families and get revenge. Gilda was pointed to as being an imitator to allow a crime-free Gotham for her and Harvey to focus on starting a family instead of being more married to a job in the actual story. I would have preferred a straight up adaptation. It' not as bad as The Riddler being Hush instead of the information feeder and co-conspirator while Gilda was an imitator and we never learned exactly to what degree, but it was the younger Falcone son. Also, Mario, the eldest and the one who attempts to avoid it appears not to exist. Another note of difference is Sophia marries Sal Marone's son instead of some guy named Gigante' like the old royal peace by marriage troupe. Still though it leaves room for Dark Victory with Sophia being The Hangman cop killer.
Old 08-01-2021, 09:35 AM   #23
CyberCubed
Overlord

Watched these, they were ok. These movies have pacing problems where the characters have long pauses after they speak and they just stare for a few seconds. It's odd.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 10:56 AM   #24
Anarchistguy
Mad Scientist

Location: Canada (This country is too peaceful, Something's up...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Watched these, they were ok. These movies have pacing problems where the characters have long pauses after they speak and they just stare for a few seconds. It's odd.
And yet you have no problem with DBZ...

"When my time comes, I wanna be buried face down, so those who don't like me can kiss my ass!"
Anarchistguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 11:19 AM   #25
CyberCubed
Overlord

That has nothing to do with slow pacing of characters talking to fill a 1 hour 20 minute movie. The characters talk slowly.

DBZ has different type of pacing (only really getting bad at Namek for obvious reasons), but it's a different show, so I don't see why you're bringing it up here.
Old 08-01-2021, 12:57 PM   #26
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
That has nothing to do with slow pacing of characters talking to fill a 1 hour 20 minute movie. The characters talk slowly.

DBZ has different type of pacing (only really getting bad at Namek for obvious reasons), but it's a different show, so I don't see why you're bringing it up here.
DBZ have characters flashback to the last few episodes all the time and there are plenty of pointless scenes like "Bulma needs to find a diaper for Trunks, so she takes Yajirobe's scarf". That and the characters do in fact make weird pauses and talk slowly, the pacing of the show was entirely designed avoiding running out of source material to work with, rather than what made sense to keep the viewer interested. Why do you think Kai exists if not to fix the pacing?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 01:20 PM   #27
CyberCubed
Overlord

Not counting flashback scenes, DBZ has very good proper pacing. All those extra scenes the anime added gave more context to what the other characters were doing at the time (since the manga is actually very fast paced), and adds to the story. Granted this isn't a DBZ thread so I'd rather not go off-topic here, so let's continue this discussion in the DB Super thread instead.

This thread is for Batman.
Old 08-01-2021, 05:07 PM   #28
King Kahn
Stone Warrior

I was really looking forward to these movies as I love The Long Halloween.

Man, just disappointed. Maybe it was the animation style that threw me off, I don't know but the whole thing felt dull. From the animation to the story it all felt like a slog to get through.
King Kahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 09:36 AM   #29
Anarchistguy
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Not counting flashback scenes, DBZ has very good proper pacing. All those extra scenes the anime added gave more context to what the other characters were doing at the time (since the manga is actually very fast paced), and adds to the story. Granted this isn't a DBZ thread so I'd rather not go off-topic here, so let's continue this discussion in the DB Super thread instead.

This thread is for Batman.
So it's only ok to be off topic when YOU do it

Gotcha

"When my time comes, I wanna be buried face down, so those who don't like me can kiss my ass!"
Old 08-02-2021, 10:37 AM   #30
CyberCubed
Overlord

I don't want Batman fans to be hijacked by anime talk. All DC fans hate anime.
Old 08-02-2021, 10:48 AM   #31
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
I was really looking forward to these movies as I love The Long Halloween.

Man, just disappointed. Maybe it was the animation style that threw me off, I don't know but the whole thing felt dull. From the animation to the story it all felt like a slog to get through.
It was fine until the ending was changed. I don't mind the person who is The Holiday Killer changed but its two things the motivation of the killer and Batman letting the individual off on condition that the individual will never kill again.
Old 08-02-2021, 11:19 AM   #32
Anarchistguy
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Exactly. Thanks for proving my point.

Regardless, despite the changes, I still intend to check out these movies.

Old 08-02-2021, 11:33 AM   #33
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarchistguy View Post
Exactly. Thanks for proving my point.

Regardless, despite the changes, I still intend to check out these movies.
It might be better to watch it back to back.As a mentioned, the first part is beat for beat the same. Part two its somewhat different before the end changing, but not much. I can't believe Batman let the killer off promising its done and if done again Gordon would be notified. This is the same hero who puts Joker in Arkham after saving his life knowing he will breJ out in a few hours and never change.
Old 08-02-2021, 12:36 PM   #34
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Fans of Teen Titans probably want to have a word or two with you.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 12:39 PM   #35
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I remember how much DCAU purists were raging hard when Teen Titans came out and how pissed off they got when it became more popular than their sacred DCAU shows. Tons of topics about how they ruined the characters with anime, while it was what made that show interesting.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 02:40 PM   #36
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I remember how much DCAU purists were raging hard when Teen Titans came out and how pissed off they got when it became more popular than their sacred DCAU shows. Tons of topics about how they ruined the characters with anime, while it was what made that show interesting.
They couldn't wrap their heads around the idea that this show wasn't part of the DCAU.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote