The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 02-20-2022, 11:38 PM   #101
Dask
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
This reads like an ad.
LOL. Trust me, I don't know him personally nor am I financially invested. I do like the channel.
Dask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2022, 03:24 AM   #102
Chris
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuxedo Moroboshi View Post
Well, looks like Renet's colors weren't even mentioned in the Fwoosh interview.
Yeah
Not sure if they deliberately didn't raise it or just didn't realize at the time since this was pre-recorded. Hopefully NECA will address it ahead of release given how many people are asking at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
The Last Ronin is opening the door to a whole line based on IDW, going by their hinting.
We’re already eating for the success of the book.
I honestly took that as a hint towards more Last Ronin figures rather than an IDW line but I'm more than up for both!

Quote:
IDW has even less of a consistent style than Mirage, so it's hard to say.
I could see them going with Duncan's style, for setting the tone. Santalouco also comes to mind for being iconic. Maybe even Eastman's modern style.

Definitely Santalouco for an IDW line. He's the one that everyone thinks of and arguably the most popular artist they've had on the book.

I do love Ben Bates' work but he only did that one arc and a few minis/specials so it wouldn't make sense to base the line on his art (at least to me).
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 09:12 AM   #103
Dask
Mad Scientist

Preorders available for Archie Slash, Last Ronin, and Renet via BBTS

https://toynewsi.com/139-41919

https://toynewsi.com/139-41918

https://toynewsi.com/139-41917

hmm...why are they all $37 (I've preordered nevertheless) - the price tag seems more justifiable for the Universal Monsters line considering that they are big bulky figures with photorealistic details going on....
Old 02-22-2022, 09:39 AM   #104
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

Sometimes BBTS sells things that they really don't have retailer access to, at markups, and they go secure a limited quantity some way or other, possibly with foot soldiers running around to Target etc. Could this be due to that? Probably not...and hopefully not, because I think it's a good sign if NECA is moving away from retail-exclusives for their future endeavors. But yeah that's a bit steep. They have a ways to go on quality control before they can start asking this for every figure and get away with it long-run...
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 09:55 AM   #105
AquaParade
Banned

Does anyone prefer either BBTS or Entertainment Earth? I don't have much experience with either.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 10:06 AM   #106
Dask
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Does anyone prefer either BBTS or Entertainment Earth? I don't have much experience with either.
I usually go with BBTS because of their cool Pile of Loot feature and flat $4 shipping rate. EE as a backup when things are sold out elsewhere or for EE exclusives. The problem with EE is their shipping rates are excessive.
Old 02-22-2022, 10:26 AM   #107
mikey see
Mad Scientist

BBTS all the way for the reasons posted above. I also appreciate that I can very easily cancel orders once the FOMO wears off if need be. They also gave me a full refund for my Super7 Foot, no questions asked. That kind of customer service deserves my business.
mikey see is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 10:34 AM   #108
AquaParade
Banned

BBTS it is. Thanks.
Old 02-22-2022, 08:21 PM   #109
The Purple Dragon
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dask View Post
Preorders available for Archie Slash, Last Ronin, and Renet via BBTS

https://toynewsi.com/139-41919

https://toynewsi.com/139-41918

https://toynewsi.com/139-41917

hmm...why are they all $37 (I've preordered nevertheless) - the price tag seems more justifiable for the Universal Monsters line considering that they are big bulky figures with photorealistic details going on....
Good question this is not ultimate figures.this is like the gamestop 90 single figures.with less stuff so i think 27/28$ is wath this line shoued sell fore.also did not that post afther the video say that renet was a idw color variant.
The Purple Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2022, 01:54 AM   #110
tmntfanuk
Foot Soldier

Hey all. Can anyone tell me when the Pre-Order goes up for Casey? And is it on the NECA site? Thanks.
tmntfanuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2022, 03:13 AM   #111
Discogod
Resolutely Analogue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntfanuk View Post
Hey all. Can anyone tell me when the Pre-Order goes up for Casey? And is it on the NECA site? Thanks.
He's not even been revealed properly yet, he won't be going up for PO for a while.
Discogod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2022, 06:32 PM   #112
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

First thing first... I need a set of Mirage Turtles... I know everyone is expecting it as a given that they will reissue the Mirage Turtles, it possibly give us brand new ones, but dammit I need it in writing

I never bought them when they were first released as I was barely collecting at that time... a few years later, I ALMOST bought a set of 4 turtles in the clamshells (with the build-a-streetcorner pieces) for $200... and I really wish that I had, because now a set goes for way way more than that. It's absurd.

And all these years, I have held off and ignored the bootlegs too because I had hope they would reissue them... and I'm still waiting.

I need to KNOW we are getting new turtles... cause without them, I don't have much desire to buy other Mirage figures. At the same time, if they release the turtles down the road, I will wish I hadn't skipped any of the other mirage figures they are releasing in 2022/23 leading up to them.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2022, 08:54 PM   #113
EddieNES
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
First thing first... I need a set of Mirage Turtles... I know everyone is expecting it as a given that they will reissue the Mirage Turtles, it possibly give us brand new ones, but dammit I need it in writing

I never bought them when they were first released as I was barely collecting at that time... a few years later, I ALMOST bought a set of 4 turtles in the clamshells (with the build-a-streetcorner pieces) for $200... and I really wish that I had, because now a set goes for way way more than that. It's absurd.

And all these years, I have held off and ignored the bootlegs too because I had hope they would reissue them... and I'm still waiting.

I need to KNOW we are getting new turtles... cause without them, I don't have much desire to buy other Mirage figures. At the same time, if they release the turtles down the road, I will wish I hadn't skipped any of the other mirage figures they are releasing in 2022/23 leading up to them.
The bootlegs are really well done.
EddieNES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 07:00 AM   #114
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

I wish I could herd all us cats into a boycott of the wrongly colored Renet. We really gonna let NECA use FOMO to take $40 from our pockets when we all know their play is to take another $40 later with a blue release and laugh all the way to the bank?
Old 02-28-2022, 07:24 AM   #115
Tuxedo Moroboshi
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieLaForge View Post
I wish I could herd all us cats into a boycott of the wrongly colored Renet. We really gonna let NECA use FOMO to take $40 from our pockets when we all know their play is to take another $40 later with a blue release and laugh all the way to the bank?
Unfortunately, the issue with boycotts is that they might send the wrong message. The message we'd be TRYING to send is that we don't want to buy a Renet that's the wrong color, but the message they might actually get is that there's no interest in Renet at all. In which case, they wouldn't even bother making a blue one later, either.
Tuxedo Moroboshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 08:09 AM   #116
Dask
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Unfortunately, the issue with boycotts is that they might send the wrong message. The message we'd be TRYING to send is that we don't want to buy a Renet that's the wrong color, but the message they might actually get is that there's no interest in Renet at all. In which case, they wouldn't even bother making a blue one later, either.
This is actually a solid point. I pre-ordered Renet because I wanted to support their new initiative. I'm not particularly attached to the color as I am bit comic book naive (I'm trying to rectify the situation!) but I do remember her from the 2012 series and love her design. I've always liked these steampunk/cyberpunk/space age motifs (e.g. Neutrinos, Renet, Scrag, Space Usagi etc.)
Old 02-28-2022, 08:25 AM   #117
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Oh, yeah, ok, you're right. Throw your $40 at a figure you don't actually want then. My bad. I'm dumb.

Or maybe they'd wonder "gee they bought everything else except that one...could it have been all the bitching about the wrong color?" But yeah they're too stupid to put that together so just pay them anyway.
Old 02-28-2022, 09:13 AM   #118
Tuxedo Moroboshi
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Oh, yeah, ok, you're right. Throw your $40 at a figure you don't actually want then. My bad. I'm dumb.

Or maybe they'd wonder "gee they bought everything else except that one...could it have been all the bitching about the wrong color?" But yeah they're too stupid to put that together so just pay them anyway.
Obviously, there's not really any way of knowing what message they'd get or what decision they'd make. I'm only operating under the assumption that a blue one isn't coming, anyway. Lots of people complained about how toon April looked, and while I've been hearing that they'd make a fixed version as an ultimate, I have yet to actually see it happen. It doesn't help that the Channel 6 Catwoman set still has the same small body for April (albiet with a more proportioned head, though that doesn't address her height).

All that said, you could be right, and I could just be falling for a clever trick NECA's employed to make me double-dip. Normally I wouldn't bite (I've held off on most of the turtle variants, especially the style guide recolors), but I've wanted a Renet figure for ages, so they've kinda got me cornered on this one. If they do end up releasing a proper blue one later, I'll just display the brown one with my toon figures.
Old 02-28-2022, 09:20 AM   #119
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Yeah, Neca puts a bit of a craw up my arse with this stuff, and I barely buy their figures. I won't blame them for already having a customer base that knows the term "FOMO" all too well, but at the same time, they are working with a line that gets away with using tons of the same parts over and over, whether that's for the turtle variants or the endless army building.

And they charge a premium price. They shouldn't need to constantly release rough drafts. To add insult to injury, if you ask Randy, he'll likely tell you that the option you'd like isn't coming, before Neca announces it a year later.

I'm not trying to go rabid on them, but I stand by these points. It's lame. I don't care about Playmates practices though, because their figures don't appeal to me in the first place, so obviously there is a lot that Neca is doing right - capitalizing on various incarnations of TMNT, giving fan-favorite character's the first figure, designing awesome accessories, etc.
Old 02-28-2022, 09:23 AM   #120
Tuxedo Moroboshi
Mad Scientist

In case anyone misinterprets me, I do wanna state that I'm not happy about the stuff NECA's pulling here. In fact, I hate it. I'm just not sure how to deal with it in a way that'd get the guaranteed results I want, and I guess I really am being suckered in by FOMO.