The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

View Poll Results: Is "the bathroom selfie" hot? And not, y'know, kind of gross?
It's hot. 0 0%
It's gross. 5 41.67%
It's kind of gross but still can be hot. 1 8.33%
No opinion. 6 50.00%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-22-2021, 12:42 AM   #1
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

The bathroom selfie

So somewhere over about the past 10 years, give or take, "the bathroom selfie" (and when I say "bathroom selfie" I'm largely talking about the ones in public restrooms and not, say, their personal bathroom... though even then, eh) became the norm for largely very attractive girls and women and "social media influencers" (what a horrible title, btw) and so on.

Did we all kind of accept that this wasn't gross at some point? Or is it, in fact, gross? I don't care, but I see these and I'm thinking, "Ew... they're either 'cannons hot' from the toilet probably 2 minutes ago, about 30 seconds from doing so, or 5 feet away there is probably somebody blowing it up from another stall simultaneously. Even if not and they're alone in there, surely they're standing in the 'wake' of somebody who was a few minutes prior. And here they are posing right next to that, happily, proudly."

It just seems like an odd choice to me and maybe a strange socially acceptable pattern. Not so?

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 09-22-2021 at 12:50 AM.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 05:26 AM   #2
CyberCubed
Overlord

The ones people take at home are fine, obviously in your own personal bathroom. But out in a public place it's a bit odd.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 07:29 AM   #3
Coola Yagami
Overlord

I'm thinking cause those public ones got big ass mirrors.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 02:54 PM   #4
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

If we're talking public bathrooms, yeah, that's kinda gross. Not to mention maybe a bit too into yourself...

I generally don't do selfies, save for showing a friend the costume bull horns I recently bought off Etsy and took that pic in a room at home, but a public bathroom....? That would never even cross my mind, even if I had a smart phone to do it with.

Home bathroom selfies aren't that much better, but at least its not being done around strangers trying to take care of their own business, which feels a little rude.

edit: Only public one I could give a pass to could be, say, in a historical building with a bathroom kept in its vintage design and was worth a photo.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 02:17 PM   #5
mrmaczaps
Banned

Bathroom photos are the sh!t.

As in bad. Funny the ones where no one flushed before the selfie tho. Lol
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 03:09 AM   #6
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk

some girl posted on Facebook a bathroom selfie and forgot to flush the toilet. Do to perspective the toilet bowl full of her...leavings, was right next to her dumb face.

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight...for HIM?

~Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 10:33 AM   #7
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Ninja View Post
some girl posted on Facebook a bathroom selfie and forgot to flush the toilet. Do to perspective the toilet bowl full of her...leavings, was right next to her dumb face.
Seen plenty of bad selfies like that... its amazing how self absorbed some folks are if they think they're looking great. Sh!t happens.
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 05:19 PM   #8
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Ninja View Post
Also, weird. Like, "nothing puts me in the mood for taking a selfie like right after I just pinched off a big poo!"
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 03:09 PM   #9
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Also, weird. Like, "nothing puts me in the mood for taking a selfie like right after I just pinched off a big poo!"
I agree with this, I don't get. Cherry on top is that this girl was making one of those "I'm trying to be sexy" kissy faces in the selfie too...

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight...for HIM?

~Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 01:57 PM   #10
Prowler
Emperor

I'm not a fan of taking selfies overall. And in the very rare occasion I take one, I sure as hell don't take it the bathroom. That seems like a really odd place to take a photo. Let alone a selfie.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote