Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Video Game Discussion

Notices

Old 11-23-2021, 06:17 PM   #121
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNTFanatic4Life View Post
Target had it at 19.99 since yesterday
Looks like the Switch version has proven the most popular of the console options and appears to be sold out on the Target and GameStop web listings I've seen. Wal-Mart still has it at a discounted price but not as low as 19.99.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 06:43 PM   #122
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Looks like the Switch version has proven the most popular of the console options and appears to be sold out on the Target and GameStop web listings I've seen. Wal-Mart still has it at a discounted price but not as low as 19.99.
when i got mine last week we had it for 40.

"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 08:25 PM   #123
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

You guys seen the alternate costume for Michelangelo? Its black and white style.
https://twitter.com/NickBrawlGame/st...05708296425474

Old 11-26-2021, 08:47 PM   #124
Shark_Blade
Emperor

It’s nice yes. I got the game on Black Friday, hope they add voices in its really hollow without them.

But other than that it’s a solid fighting game. I had fun.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 11:05 AM   #125
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

What are the chances they add Raphael and Donatello to the game? I know it’s a bare bones experience, but Injustice 2 really spoiled us on TMNT as fighters and it feels “less than” without all four turtles.
RaphaelinSTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 02:51 PM   #126
oldmanwinters
Overlord

New skins for Team Turtle:
https://twitter.com/NickBrawlGame/st...62688368902151

View my sketch work!
Old 12-04-2021, 06:45 PM   #127
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Almost 200K views in 2 days for free skin dlc fighting game, pretty crazy
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 07:03 PM   #128
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post

Almost 200K views in 2 days for free skin dlc fighting game, pretty crazy
The online enthusiasm for this game astounds me.

View my sketch work!
Old 12-07-2021, 10:40 AM   #129
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Well, consider me a little bit interested again!

Right? There's far worse ways to waste time than f***ing up most of those characters up with him. Including the Fred Wolf TMNT.
Andrew can rest easy now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZE5QZofYGw

View my sketch work!
Old 12-07-2021, 10:48 AM   #130
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Yeah, I'll probably give that a try now.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 11:36 AM   #131
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Yeah, I'll probably give that a try now.
I'm glad they gave Garfield a view Easter Egg-ish transformations like his saber-tooth cat form. I'll admit it left me wishing he had some U.S. Acres support characters though.

View my sketch work!
Old 12-07-2021, 11:41 AM   #132
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Are there no voices at all in this? I don't care if they didn't get the original this person or that person, but there should probably be something there. Garfield making quips and puns while fighting could go a long way.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 11:45 AM   #133
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Are there no voices at all in this? I don't care if they didn't get the original this person or that person, but there should probably be something there. Garfield making quips and puns while fighting could go a long way.
I'm sure the fandom will take care of that until Nick/GameMill pays some cash to get some legit voice talent:
https://gamebanana.com/games/12837

View my sketch work!
Old 12-07-2021, 02:23 PM   #134
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
I'm glad they gave Garfield a view Easter Egg-ish transformations like his saber-tooth cat form. I'll admit it left me wishing he had some U.S. Acres support characters though.
Did Paws Inc. also own U.S. Acres? Regardless, I don't see Orson and them getting in. Not sure we'll get other characters, though. I can only see Jon.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 08:20 PM   #135
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
Did Paws Inc. also own U.S. Acres? Regardless, I don't see Orson and them getting in. Not sure we'll get other characters, though. I can only see Jon.
When's the last time Orson and Co have been seen in anything other than the Garfield cartoon and the original comic strip?

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 09:33 AM   #136
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

They haven't been used since Garfield and Friends.

TMNT and Garfield's inclusions are fine but it's hard to get excited when you don't think of them as Nick, despite ownership.

Like I think of Rocko, Angry Beavers, Rocket Power, etc. And Doug despite now being owned by Disney who we all know are never going to touch the IP again so just sell it to Viacom. They bought Garfield and there's talks of being interested in buying Alvin and the Chipmunks. They can buy Doug, their first Nicktoon.
Old 12-14-2021, 02:31 PM   #137
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
They can buy Doug, their first Nicktoon.
They really should. I know Disney hasn't been in the habit of selling IPs for YEARS (they actually did part ways with Power Rangers, right?) but what plans does Disney really have for him? Plus, his best years were at Nickelodeon. "Disney's Doug" just never did it for me.

View my sketch work!
Old 12-15-2021, 05:54 PM   #138
sdp
-

TLR: I dont think Disney would sell Doug and I don't think Viacom would buy doug even if they Disney was willing.

I read an article of when the sale of Doug happened all those years ago from the LA times. According to the article Disney had big plans for doug as if they had robbed nickelodeon blind from their biggest IP, their Doug show was even renamed Disney's Doug. I don't see them selling it, to them it's just more content they have on Disney+ from an IP that invokes nostalgia for free even if they will likely never do anything with the character again, the possibility that someone else could is enough for them to keep it to rot in their vault forever.

I can't think of Disney ever selling off any of their IP, except the Toei tokusatsu library which included Power Rangers, but that one might've had to do with other reasons, they didn't outright own Power Rangers and shared some licenses with Toei who apparently did have some say. It's all speculation of course, especially since we now know Hasbro owns Power Rangers and is burning bridges with Toei apparently. However it's possible that if Disney didn't do something with the IP they could lose it or something so they decided to sell. Disney tried to make Power Rangers work and promoted it heavily but then it decided to kill it and Saban bought it (along with all the other Toei tokusatsu) that they acquired like Beetleborgs and VR Troopers.

Disney only got Power Rangers because they wanted to buy the Fox Family channel and it included all the Fox Kids stuff, so I guess Disney still owns the rest of the Fox Kids library from that original sale like Eek the Cat, Bobby's world and whatnot. They won't sell them even though they have no plans on using any of those properties, if a smaller studio owned them they'd definitely reboot some of those old shows.

Viacom bought TMNT but never bothered to buy the Fred Wolf show, I'm sure they'd sell it for the right price, why would Nick buy it? Because all the merchandise giving them money is based off that show, I doubt it'd be too expensive, it's the most iconic version of the turtles and just in using it for their tweets would make it worth their purchase, but they haven't and likely won't.

A shame Dougs fate is.

Quote:
TMNT and Garfield's inclusions are fine but it's hard to get excited when you don't think of them as Nick, despite ownership.
Agree 100%, I love the TMNT and garfield but thats not what I think of when I think of Nickelodeon. I'd rather have the yellow frog from Gullah Gullah Islan, hell even characters I hated like Rocky and Bullwinkle since they aired constantly on Nick.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2021, 07:22 PM   #139
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Just got the game today, really excited. Look forward to playing as Zim, Nigel and tmnt using a Gamecube controller.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2021, 10:48 AM   #140
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
TLR: I dont think Disney would sell Doug and I don't think Viacom would buy doug even if they Disney was willing.

I read an article of when the sale of Doug happened all those years ago from the LA times. According to the article Disney had big plans for doug as if they had robbed nickelodeon blind from their biggest IP, their Doug show was even renamed Disney's Doug. I don't see them selling it, to them it's just more content they have on Disney+ from an IP that invokes nostalgia for free even if they will likely never do anything with the character again, the possibility that someone else could is enough for them to keep it to rot in their vault forever.

Agree 100%, I love the TMNT and garfield but thats not what I think of when I think of Nickelodeon. I'd rather have the yellow frog from Gullah Gullah Islan, hell even characters I hated like Rocky and Bullwinkle since they aired constantly on Nick.
Yeah but did anyone really like Disney's Doug? I don't think many will bother watching it on Disney+.

It's so weird how we don't have Fairlyodd Parents or Jimmy Nuetron reps given how popular they were. XJ9 from My Life as a Teenage Robot is also a missed opportunity since she's an action hero.