The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 09-30-2020, 11:10 AM   #21
Sumac
Banned

I've watched very few episodes of new Twilight Zone.
I've seen a lot of episodes of Outer Limits though.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 09:21 AM   #22
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I'm watching the 2019 show right now, almost finished with season 2, show is a mixed bag. I want to love it but it has flaws. Like with the original show episodes that are longer than 30 mins always feel like they drag and that they could easily cut 10-15 mins from those episodes, luckily at least half of the show is only 30 mins.

The new narrator does an excellent show, the show seems a little too much influenced by dark mirror which I don't like and wish it took more ideas from the original tone of the show. It definitely shows more violence than previous twilight zone shows and I don't love that.

As far as SJW stuff, it's definitely there, especially the first season but it's usually a "I'm gay" which doesn't feel natural but whatever doesn't mess the episode up. Except for 3 episodes "Not All Men", "Replay" and "Point of origin" which go overboard with the SJW message, the sad thing is that they're excellent episodes with great morals but they go overboard where it reaches Captain Planet level of preachyness when they did a great job with the episode if it had only been more subtle like the original show, you didn't have them explaining in the end "oh it's because nuclear war is bad", "oh it's because we don't need to judge others" you don't need someone explicitly telling you the moral when it's perfectly understood, a shame as I said they're good episodes.

Blurryman the final episode of season 1 actually pokes fun of the show being overly preachy and the episode is a bit meta but I think they pulled it off. The new Nightmare at 20,000 feet is really good, wish it didn't have the last twist ending since it wasn't a strong one but solid nothing SJW about it. Favorite episode so far is the blue scorpion. Second season so far is better than the first in most aspects.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 01:39 PM   #23
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Yeah, I want to hear more about season 2. Supposedly it is better... but boy, did those first few season 1 eps scare me away.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2022, 01:57 PM   #24
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Didn't get back to finish season 2 until recently, overall season 2 is definitely much better than the first, though I guess the first season did have better episodes, at least S2 is more consistent than S1. All of the SJW is mostly gone in the second season, unless you're afraid of POC being protagonists in a few episodes, heck they even poke fun at woke culture in one episode The finale is a sequel to one of the episodes of the original series which is cool but it's a mixed bag sadly, the S1 finale was a far better tribute to the show itself and episode. I think the show had finally reached. I recommend it, it feels like Twilight Zone most of the time, it's just not groundbreaking. For what it's worth I enjoyed it more than Black Mirror but I never really liked Black Mirror ever.

I'm in the mood for more Twilight Zone, how are the 2002 and 1985 reboots?
I've never seen the movie either, only all of the original show
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2022, 04:09 PM   #25
oldmanwinters
Overlord

I think the 89s series is worth owning on dvd if for no other reason than all the big name folks who featured in various eps like Bruce Willis. I never saw the 2002 show.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2023, 12:50 PM   #26
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Jeeze, adding insult to injury, Paramount+ is removing the newest Twilight Zone from its library. You can watch it literally nowhere now:

https://bloody-disgusting.com/tv/374...aming-service/
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2023, 01:43 PM   #27
Wildcat
Foot Elite

They’ve been showing them on SyFy and they’re on DVD.

I saw a few episodes when I had the Paramount+ trial. Thought the airplane episode was an awesome reimagining of Nightmare at 20,000 feet. The one with the wife waiting for an egg was interesting. The squid episode was also cool.

So people here know I don’t mind “PC/Woke” stuff but the episode Replay was just ridiculous. It’s one of the rare times it actually bothered me.

That the police would keep hunting the mother and son to other places. I get it was a metaphor but it made absolutely no sense from the cops standpoint. You would not do that no matter how racist you are. It became comical.

It started so great too. I kept thinking there was gonna be a twist that the cop was trying to warn them about something or that the mother actually did something wrong and wanted to help the son.

I’d like to see the others but haven’t been able to keep up with them on TV.
Old 03-11-2023, 09:18 PM   #28
HotJuicyBurgers
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Jeeze, adding insult to injury, Paramount+ is removing the newest Twilight Zone from its library. You can watch it literally nowhere now:

https://bloody-disgusting.com/tv/374...aming-service/
I hate when companies do this ****. So dumb. Yar har and all that as they say.

http://bootd.wordpress.com/
HotJuicyBurgers is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
the cucking zone, the sjw zone