The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you believe in aliens?
No, I do not believe in the existence of aliens 7 18.42%
Yes, I believe that aliens exist, but I do not believe that they have visited Earth 10 26.32%
Yes I believe that aliens exist & that they've visited Earth but not influenced human affairs 6 15.79%
Yes, I believe that aliens exist, and that they have visited Earth and influenced human affairs 15 39.47%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-24-2021, 08:49 PM   #81
IMJ
Emperor

I don't want to get too far out there, but I think it's entirely within the realm of possibility that a lot of these unknown craft - especially the ones that the Navy has documented traversing the air and then directly into the sea are likely surveillance drones.

As in, if they somehow shot one down, it wouldn't be manned. I'll leave it up to each individual person here to consider that theory and decide who the drone "owners" could be on their own.

But I will say that my best educated guess is that the "tic tacs" and some of the "satellite looking flyers" we are now seeing confirmation of are observational tools.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 08:58 PM   #82
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

It's fun to speculate on. Obviously ANY race that's able to thousands of light years and able to make it here OK could wipe us out without breaking a sweat (it would also mean they conquered so many of the very basic problems of extended spaceflight we can't get around). They could also certainly masque themselves just fine if they wanted to.

Then there's other theories like... what if we are the aliens? Adam and Eve were "alien" crash landings (Battlestar Galactica remake and an episode of the OLD Twilight Zone and so on), etc..
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 04:01 AM   #83
frank_one
Mad Scientist

My question is, why don't they try to communicate with us? What's the point of observing us for decades? Are they afraid of our reaction?
Maybe it is because they are not alien and that stuff flying around is us from the future studying our own past. That's a possibility.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 07:46 AM   #84
FrederikWolferson
Foot Soldier

I just don't really believe in the recent UFO disclosures.
FrederikWolferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 08:15 AM   #85
frank_one
Mad Scientist

One problem about UFO is that people tend to associate them with alien creatures and intergalactic monsters but that is just ONE possible scenario. UFO stands for Unidentified Flying Object, just that; something that flies and that we don't know about. Those objects are in our skies, they've been filmed and we are unable to identify them so we call them UFO. They are there, they are real, their existence is not quesionable.
Old 05-25-2021, 08:43 AM   #86
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_one View Post
One problem about UFO is that people tend to associate them with alien creatures and intergalactic monsters but that is just ONE possible scenario. UFO stands for Unidentified Flying Object, just that; something that flies and that we don't know about. Those objects are in our skies, they've been filmed and we are unable to identify them so we call them UFO. They are there, they are real, their existence is not quesionable.
Exactly. It's not in question anymore whether or not these things exist because we have governments openly admitting to it. It's now "what are they" and "by where did the capabilities of these craft come?"
Old 05-25-2021, 08:47 AM   #87
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
My question is, why don't they try to communicate with us? What's the point of observing us for decades? Are they afraid of our reaction?
Maybe it is because they are not alien and that stuff flying around is us from the future studying our own past. That's a possibility.
The hacked into our social media. Within hours they decided we were just too dangerously stupid to even try to make contact with, as they risk being pulled down to our levels of low intelligence. They said 'let's get the heck outta here!!!!!'

That probably happened that one day Instagram went down for a few hours. The aliens have seen enough and Earth is now on the 'Do Not Visit' blacklist for other alien species.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 02:23 PM   #88
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Then there's other theories like... what if we are the aliens?
That's pretty much what my mom thinks (though not overly seriously), that we're the aliens and have been this way before. Hell... maybe our ancestors already ruined Mars and they burned the records. (Though to the rest of the universe we're already aliens either way.)

Quote:
My question is, why don't they try to communicate with us?
We're "those people." The crazy neighbor they watch, but avoid. Even WE aren't crazy about communicating with us. lol We keep trying to say hi and they keep pretending no one is home.

Quote:
What's the point of observing us for decades?
Maybe we're basically like an ant farm? But in this case they're watching how the primitive beings evolve and impact the world.

Quote:
And that there has basically my go-to (joke) theory for a long time. The "gray aliens" aren't aliens...they're future humans (or what used to be human) after having messed with DNA too much, enough to screw themselves over, and have come back in time to figure out how to fix it.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 02:30 PM   #89
AquaParade
Banned

I definitely believe in aliens. Why wouldn't there be other areas in the universe that support life?

I think it really comes down to our sliding scale of what "life" means. How shocked would you be to discover a plant on Mars? How about bacteria?
Would a small insect from another galaxy be "alien" enough for you, or does it need to be twice the size of a human to count?
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 04:38 PM   #90
frank_one
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
How shocked would you be to discover a plant on Mars?
A lot, that would be a big, big news.
Old 05-25-2021, 04:49 PM   #91
Galactus
Foot Elite

Do I think there is other sentient life in the Universe? Yes.

Do I think they've actually visited our planet? As a teenager I was a big believer in a lot of the UFO conspiracy theories; The Roswell incident, the Hill abduction, aliens influencing our history etc but I've become a lot more skeptical with age. There's still a few extra terrestrial encounter stories that give me pause though so I have a slightly open mind.

I do have a suspicion that a lot of the recent disclosures of UFO-related incidents is probably a distraction from other bad news.

That being said I do hope we get back to conspiracy theorists trying to prove the existence of alien craft in Area 51 over them trying to prove that anyone with more liberal political views are sucking childrens blood to stay eternally young.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 05:18 PM   #92
IMJ
Emperor

I see some forum leftists and progressives supporting this thread content who flung conspiracy shaming for other things in the past.

There is a lot to be said about these as potential drones. I think a lot of them might come out as false radar images, false infra-red images. But the first person "tic tac"stories are pretty hard to dodge.

If you want to dive deep and not go "aliens" you could go secret, underwater government agency. Hell you could go "Atlantis is real". It doesn't have to be aliens, but given the patterns and the lack of contact I still stand by "surveillance".
Old 09-13-2022, 06:46 PM   #93
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

so only 1 out of every 5 people here in the Drome do not believe in aliens

ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2022, 07:28 PM   #94
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
so only 1 out of every 5 people here in the Drome do not believe in aliens

https://i.gifer.com/QkgZ.gif
Well it's a big question. I think we are at the point in larger society where most people understand the scope of the Universe enough to believe that, in general, it's ridiculous to think that there are not other civilizations out there.
Old 09-14-2022, 01:25 PM   #95
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

I wonder what the current percentage of the general population that believes in the existence of alien life is, and how it compares to our numbers here
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote