The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 06-11-2021, 01:42 PM   #221
ZariusTwo
Overlord

I've recently started to blame the adoration of the Star Wars prequels more on Kevin Smith than simply the generation that was raised on them getting older and flying the flag proudly for it.

He at the very least had the cred at the time to convince the Fandom Menace to become more accepting of George's whole vision again, due to that "audience with" segment years ago where he told a crowd he would never have done a single thing to alter that trilogy and then gave a big lecture on how they were actually awesome.

That's what I like the most about Smith, and that he'll stand up for this s*it and can sell you an old model like it's a brand new car, and tells you exactly how to drive it. He may be lying about the product, he may be lying about always being a fan, but man does he make that MOTU car run. He makes you want to buy the toy, he makes you believe Chris Wood can act

So I can't really get riled up about him...he's written some of my favourite comics, his Green Arrow is what the CW show ought to have been, his Daredevil should have been the fourth season or something, his Spidey/Black Cat was one of the last real impressions Felicia Hardy made on the franchise for years (she's sort of getting better now because of Jed McKay), when he 'gets' something, it shows, he can apply himself, and that's enough.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 01:45 PM   #222
CyberCubed
Overlord

Kevin Smith also lied about Bruce Timm working on a B:TAS continuation, when in reality he's working on a Batman reboot cartoon with no connection to the DCAU at all. He wrongly hyped up a lot of people to think their childhood Batman show was coming back.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 01:46 PM   #223
Leo656
The Franchise

All "Pre-Crisis" Kevin Smith, though.

Having a daughter broke his brain. He fell off hard and never recovered.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 02:23 PM   #224
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Kevin Smith also lied about Bruce Timm working on a B:TAS continuation.
He didn't 'lie', he was misinformed

Last edited by ZariusTwo; 06-11-2021 at 03:09 PM.
Old 06-11-2021, 03:10 PM   #225
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Sadly, some of the Youtube hate merchants from the fandom menace are already claiming victory and saying ClownfishTV were right, citing that the trailer is just 'bait and switch'. In truth they were always going to start raging on this show at first opportunity.

Clownfish themselves devoted their coverage of the trailer to having a go at the 'saltier' She-Ra fans
Old 06-11-2021, 03:33 PM   #226
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Sadly, some of the Youtube hate merchants from the fandom menace are already claiming victory and saying ClownfishTV were right, citing that the trailer is just 'bait and switch'. In truth they were always going to start raging on this show at first opportunity.

Clownfish themselves devoted their coverage of the trailer to having a go at the 'saltier' She-Ra fans
I don't pay any attention to those youtubers, They always complain about wokeness in there favorite franchises.
Old 06-11-2021, 03:40 PM   #227
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:

youtube is the only place you can go for real news.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 03:46 PM   #228
Leo656
The Franchise

There's always the 1% (or greater) chance they turn out to be right, though.

I mean, we all thought Disney Star Wars was gonna be awesome. Partly because the MCU was such a success on their watch, and also just because "Disney" in general. "No WAY they can f*ck this up!"

And then they f*cked it up. They FIST-F*cked it up. With no lube. They pooched the biggest "sure thing" since the WWF bought WCW, and they pooched it spectacularly. Sure, there will be comics and TV series and so on that will be entertaining, but the film franchise is irreparable. The easiest layup of all time somehow ended up in the other team's basket, on the complete other side of the court. It still makes no goddamn sense how that even happened.

And now, I no longer do cartwheels until I actually have something cartwheel-worthy directly in front of me. Nobody gets the benefit of the doubt from me, anymore.

I don't *think* the show will be bad. But it might be. And if it is, I won't be the least bit surprised.

"From the mind which brought you 'Tusk' and 'Yoga Hosers'!" fills me with ZERO confidence whatsoever, no matter how awesome that trailer is (and it is, I'm not saying it isn't... I'm just saying, it's just a sizzle reel).

We shall see, fingers crossed.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 03:55 PM   #229
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:

Hate merchants? You mean truth merchants right?

If you want YouTubers to stop complaining about woke crap.... TELL THESE STUDIOS TO STOP MAKING WOKE CRAP.

It's like an abandoned house in the neighborhood attracting rats, everyone complains about it and no one does nothing, the rat problem gets worse do naturally it's news but every time someone covers the rat problem everyone complains 'oh here comes the hate brigade always talking about the rat problem'. It's like if you don't want to cover it constantly, do something about it.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 10:27 PM   #230
IMJ
Emperor

Honestly? The virtue signalers will use this as ammo to eat me alive at a later date (you know... I make airtight points, so naturally I'm the big bad guy to the mouth breathers) date.....

Pirate this **** if you are can't resist your addictions to watch it. Download it.

If it has merit, go back and watch it again via netflix.

It's the old Hollywood argument that has manipulated you anyway - "watch it and then make your judgement (heh heh, after you've given us your money for watching it)." Don't reward Hollywoke anymore unless it's earned it.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 12:22 AM   #231
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
Honestly? The virtue signalers will use this as ammo to eat me alive at a later date (you know... I make airtight points, so naturally I'm the big bad guy to the mouth breathers) date.....

Pirate this **** if you are can't resist your addictions to watch it. Download it.

If it has merit, go back and watch it again via netflix.

It's the old Hollywood argument that has manipulated you anyway - "watch it and then make your judgement (heh heh, after you've given us your money for watching it)." Don't reward Hollywoke anymore unless it's earned it.
I intend to do that. Download first, and then catch it on Netflix if I feel it has legs. I'm not shilling for it, if it's woke done wrong, I'll admit when I'm wrong, but I just feel like it could be handled with a lot more care than what people are projecting/assuming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Hate merchants? You mean truth merchants right?
They're hate merchants not because they're pointing out something that's in all likelihood accurate, they're hate merchants in the sense that they try to spin absolutely anything with an empowerment angle as a threat to what they consider the civilised world. It gets increasingly annoying.

Teela is being unfairly dogpiled by them for her 'butch' look and importance in the story, but she always had a key role in the mythos, and fans have clamoured for her to be a part of Adam's wider world and to fully embrace her destiny, which is of equal importance to the lore.

Hell, the MOTU movie is one of my childhood favourites, not only does Adam not appear at all, He-Man gets side-lined/captured mid-way through and , and the main character is largely Skeletor or Courtney Cox!

Last edited by ZariusTwo; 06-12-2021 at 02:33 AM.
Old 06-12-2021, 02:43 PM   #232
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
I intend to do that. Download first, and then catch it on Netflix if I feel it has legs. I'm not shilling for it, if it's woke done wrong, I'll admit when I'm wrong, but I just feel like it could be handled with a lot more care than what people are projecting/assuming.

They're hate merchants not because they're pointing out something that's in all likelihood accurate, they're hate merchants in the sense that they try to spin absolutely anything with an empowerment angle as a threat to what they consider the civilised world. It gets increasingly annoying.

Teela is being unfairly dogpiled by them for her 'butch' look and importance in the story, but she always had a key role in the mythos, and fans have clamoured for her to be a part of Adam's wider world and to fully embrace her destiny, which is of equal importance to the lore.

Hell, the MOTU movie is one of my childhood favourites, not only does Adam not appear at all, He-Man gets side-lined/captured mid-way through and , and the main character is largely Skeletor or Courtney Cox!
No one wants butch Teela, no one wants Teela to take the show from He-Man. Those aren't Teela fans or even He-Men fans.

And I'm sorry if their videos are so constant because the wokeness just doesn't ****ing stop. Like why not adapt the He-Man show closer to the 2002 version but even better? That one didn't forget He-Man was the main character, but that was also pre-woke era.

As for 'an empowerment angle as a threat to what they consider the civilised world', I mean... are they wrong? They don't get increasingly annoying... what gets increasingly annoying is we can't seem to be able to get anything.... literally... ANYTHING without wokeness.

I mean what's next? ALF reboot but this time 95% of the episodes are dealing with ALF's gender dysphoria? And then when Clownfish TV and everyone else rightfully complains, you're gonna complain too?

Don't direct your ire towards them. Direct it towards Kevin Smith, the true source of this ********. If the reboot was ****ing amazing and flawless believe me, Clownfish would be jizzing all over that because unlike Kevin, those two are ACTUAL FANS.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 06-12-2021, 03:08 PM   #233
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
I know where you are coming from, man. You are coming from that place that I try to come from with a sense of reason where your recognize that:
presentation+personal psychology!=reality

I go for that too as much as possible. But it's been years of benefit of the doubt and this nonsense has continuously permeated our pop culture and done so in a vitriolic fashion.

As a statement to everyone who recognizes the forest for the trees here, just outright stop supporting situations where Hollywoke and the "people of twitter" receive any kind of financial reward or backing at all whatsoever.
Old 06-12-2021, 03:29 PM   #234
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
I know where you are coming from, man. You are coming from that place that I try to come from with a sense of reason where your recognize that:
presentation+personal psychology!=reality

I go for that too as much as possible. But it's been years of benefit of the doubt and this nonsense has continuously permeated our pop culture and done so in a vitriolic fashion.

As a statement to everyone who recognizes the forest for the trees here, just outright stop supporting situations where Hollywoke and the "people of twitter" receive any kind of financial reward or backing at all whatsoever.
In my case, I cancelled my Netflix over them choosing to add that kiddy movie to their lineup. Rather than take it down after tons of backlash, they chose to double-down on it.

I'm not giving Netflix a dime.

Old 06-13-2021, 10:59 AM   #235
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Alright, so Kevin put out another bunch of tweets last night detailing more of the show.

-There will be a special recap intro in episode one to bring viewers up to speed

-The five episodes of volume one will each be a homage to several 80s movies, including Superman II, Temple of Doom, Batman '89, Hellraiser, and the Dolph Lungren MOTU Movie.

-The series description is for volume one only, it does not give away anything coming along in volume two.

-The show will not be any more 'woke' than the original was. Kevin also pointed out that the most powerful character in the franchise is actually The Sorceress.
Old 06-13-2021, 01:27 PM   #236
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Alright, so Kevin put out another bunch of tweets last night detailing more of the show.

-There will be a special recap intro in episode one to bring viewers up to speed

-The five episodes of volume one will each be a homage to several 80s movies, including Superman II, Temple of Doom, Batman '89, Hellraiser, and the Dolph Lungren MOTU Movie.

-The series description is for volume one only, it does not give away anything coming along in volume two.

-The show will not be any more 'woke' than the original was. Kevin also pointed out that the most powerful character in the franchise is actually The Sorceress.
1- yep, before it becomes the Teela show

2- we'll see

3- the Teela show

4- Yes but there were a lot of things keeping her powers in check. She can't even leave the castle in her human form. Something tells me if Teela becomes Sorceress she will become all-powerful without any of her limitations because 'yas queen'.

Old 06-14-2021, 07:27 AM   #238
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Kevin Smith's bull $#!(
Ok so it sounds basically like Skeletor gets the power sword and wins. It probably causes He-Man to revert back to Prince Adam in front of Teela who is shocked and angered that she had no "agency" over his secret. He-Man/Adam goes away in shame at his "wronging her" for lying and for losing to Skeletor and she has to rise up to be the champion as was "hinted at" during the original show somewhere.

Smith also says something about maybe not even wanting to do a second season because he'd be so nervous about following this season up, so that sounds like an early excuse if this thing fails or people are angry.

Meanwhile....

Last edited by IMJ; 06-14-2021 at 01:07 PM.
Old 06-14-2021, 09:53 AM   #239
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Ok so it sounds basically like Skeletor gets the power sword and wins. It probably causes He-Man to revert back to Prince Adam in front of Teela who is shocked and angered that she had no "agency" over his secret. He-Man/Adam goes away in shame at his "wronging her" for lying and for losing to Skeletor and she has to rise up to be the champion as was "hinted at" during the original show somewhere
Teela's destiny is to be the Sorceress, not the champion of Greyskull
Old 06-14-2021, 10:35 AM   #240
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Teela's destiny is to be the Sorceress, not the champion of Greyskull
Ah. My fault. Amended.

Quote:
Kevin Smith's bull $#!(
Ok so it sounds basically like Skeletor gets the power sword and wins, killing the Sorceress. This also causes He-Man to revert back to Prince Adam in front of Teela who is shocked and angered that she had no "agency" over his secret. He-Man/Adam goes away in shame at his "wronging her" for lying and for losing to Skeletor. Teela is now free to have "agency" over her future and rises up as the new Sorceress in order to grant Adam the ability to change again. During the last episode she shames Adam repeatedly for his "privilege" as He-Man before restoring him underneath her. Across the season, Skeletor "abuses" Evil-Lyn [they/them] who defects to the other side where they can be in peace about who they are. Upon his return, the whole team demands He-Man change his name to "Hero" or "Hero Person".

Smith also says something about maybe not even wanting to do a second season because he'd be so nervous about following this season up, so that sounds like an early excuse if this thing fails or people are angry.

Meanwhile....

Last edited by IMJ; 06-14-2021 at 10:44 AM.