The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 06-09-2021, 12:45 PM   #21
ChosenOne
Banned

Yep, you nailed it. This has nothing to do with desperately hoping that the comic can still be salvaged back to its old form, or wanting to read about actual ninja turtles doing actual ninja turtle stuff, or see more development from their ancillary characters and villains. No, sir. The real truth behind all the criticism is that we all secretly love this run and its blatant agenda and just can't get enough of it. Really captures the essence of TMNT, you know?

Obligatory Austin Powers paraphrase: Soo Mi? Soo Yu!
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 12:47 PM   #22
CyberCubed
Overlord

Anyone get the feeling we're going to get a mini-series with Rahzar/Tokka and Lita in the future timeline? The ending shot basically set up its own special mini-series, and we'll certainly see more of Rahzar/Tokka there. Definitely interested to see that.

As I mentioned this was a decent epilogue issue. Technically we're still not done with mutant town as we have the whole Sally running for Mayor and kicking Old Hob out arc coming up next, but at least we're making progress?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 12:48 PM   #23
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
It's funny how the hated book gets all the discussion, despite there being previews for The Last Ronin on twitter every few days.

Far be it for me to regulate what people want to discuss, and I know there's a general truth to there being more discussion around hated things, but I'm still amused. Sue me.
People are way more mad about the Bad Thing than they're happy about the Good Thing.

Kinda have a feeling that most people would trade Last Ronin back to the ether in exchange for an ongoing TMNT series that satisfied, if it came down to choosing one over the other. TLR might be good but it's still an out-of-canon mini-series that has no appreciable effect on the status quo, nor is it likely to. And it'll be over with sooner rather than later, while the ongoing has sucked for a long while and most likely will continue to suck for the foreseeable future, and might never recover.

I hear you, though. "Count your blessings, not your curses" and all that. In the grand scheme of things that can often be difficult.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 12:49 PM   #24
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Anyone get the feeling we're going to get a mini-series with Rahzar/Tokka and Lita in the future timeline? The ending shot basically set up its own special mini-series, and we'll certainly see more of Rahzar/Tokka there. Definitely interested to see that.

As I mentioned this was a decent epilogue issue. Technically we're still not done with mutant town as we have the whole Sally running for Mayor and kicking Old Hob out arc coming up next, but at least we're making progress?
I hope so, or even a return to that timeline sometime (heh) in the main ongoing. I really want to know more about that floating Turtle.

I'm cautiously intrigued for the next arc. Saki makes everything better by just being there. He's never really interacted with Hob, or even with Stockman after their brief team-up in Vengeance. There's room for very good dialogue there, if they happen to meet.
Old 06-09-2021, 12:54 PM   #25
CyberCubed
Overlord

This also tied up a nagging end I had from the City at War arc with Karai (and Koya's) feud with the Turtles finally over. And I guess with Jennika forgiving Karai from impaling her and nearly killing her, I guess this is all put behind them. I guess the human kids that went to Fugioid to hide from Karai can come back to Earth now? lol
Old 06-09-2021, 12:57 PM   #26
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
This also tied up a nagging end I had from the City at War arc with Karai (and Koya's) feud with the Turtles finally over. And I guess with Jennika forgiving Karai from impaling her and nearly killing her, I guess this is all put behind them. I guess the human kids that went to Fugioid to hide from Karai can come back to Earth now? lol
I thought the issue with their return was whatever Fugitoid was afraid would happen with LeatherKrang? Even though it's been months and nothing happened yet, and he apparently didn't care enough to warn the Turtles anyway, AFAWK.
Old 06-09-2021, 01:06 PM   #27
FrederikWolferson
Foot Soldier

Wow,the FW cartoon had higher stakes then this.
FrederikWolferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 01:17 PM   #28
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrederikWolferson View Post
Wow,the FW cartoon had higher stakes then this.
The Hello Kitty cartoon show has higher stakes than this.

Jennika: We're really good.
B&R: Guess you are at that.
Sally: Just leave, you guys.
B&R: M'kay.
Koya: WAIT! I WANT A FIGHT!
B&R: Sorry, can't hear you, we're already out the door.

Anyone else remember when these guys wielded chainsaws and sledgehammers, and slaughtered entire crime families, and left Donnie for dead with his guts all over the floor, and killed an innocent old lady just for kicks? I've dreamed up a lot of great scenarios for this comic, maybe I dreamed those too.
Old 06-09-2021, 01:19 PM   #29
Leo656
The Franchise

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 01:22 PM   #30
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
I thought the issue with their return was whatever Fugitoid was afraid would happen with LeatherKrang? Even though it's been months and nothing happened yet, and he apparently didn't care enough to warn the Turtles anyway, AFAWK.
Well yeah he's worried about Krang, but the initial reason for the human kids to hide there was just so Karai didn't recruit them to join the Foot against their will. If she's no longer going to bother the Turtles they have no reason to stay in Dimension X. I wonder if we'll see them whenever Fugitoid comes back to Earth.

But yeah, the whole Krang/Leatherhead and Utrom/Triceraton plots are LONG overdue. There was really no reason to leave that hanging for so long especially with the 6 month time-gap in-universe from issue 100-101 (are we expected to believe they've all been just chilling on Burnow Island for 6+ months?)

At least the Pantheon story we know is a slow-burn since they're built up as the endgame villains of the entire IDW run, but the arc with the Utroms/Krang should have happened by now.
Old 06-09-2021, 01:27 PM   #31
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I really want to know more about that floating Turtle.
They appear to have a long braid quite Venus's; also there's another turtle with pinkish face markings and a bow and arrows between that one and Tokka.
Also Pepperoni is huge in that picture but not entirely surprising considering N'Sho-V's current state.
Old 06-09-2021, 01:27 PM   #32
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Well yeah he's worried about Krang, but the initial reason for the human kids to hide there was just so Karai didn't recruit them to join the Foot against their will. If she's no longer going to bother the Turtles they have no reason to stay in Dimension X. I wonder if we'll see them whenever Fugitoid comes back to Earth.

But yeah, the whole Krang/Leatherhead and Utrom/Triceraton plots are LONG overdue. There was really no reason to leave that hanging for so long especially with the 6 month time-gap in-universe from issue 100-101 (are we expected to believe they've all been just chilling on Burnow Island for 6+ months?)

At least the Pantheon story we know is a slow-burn since they're built up as the endgame villains of the entire IDW run, but the arc with the Utroms/Krang should have happened by now.
Ironically enough, the Pantheon have been/are about to be front-and-center a lot more than the Burnow Island plot thread. The epilogue to #100 makes it clear that Fugitoid is unwilling to return any of the humans - even Harold or Libby - to Earth as long as LeatherKrang is running rampant. So then why didn't he let the Turtles know about that threat in the meantime...? This whole thing makes very little sense in-universe, and that's even without going into the absence of any glimpses at Burnow Island in the meantime like you said. Yet another reason why wasting precious time on trivial matters is so grating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypered1 View Post
They appear to have a long braid quite Venus's; also there's another turtle with pinkish face markings and a bow and arrows between that one and Tokka.
Also Pepperoni is huge in that picture but not entirely surprising considering N'Sho-V's current state.
I hadn't noticed those, thanks for pointing them out. And there's a mandrill, too, which I guess is a nod to Archie TMNT.

It'll be fun if Pepperoni and Anchovy have a love-hate relationship in the future, even if it leans more towards love.
Old 06-09-2021, 01:33 PM   #33
CyberCubed
Overlord

Bob and Carmen from the Archie series were also in the future shot:

I guess IDW Leo finds them soon.
Old 06-09-2021, 01:45 PM   #34
ChosenOne
Banned

A little detail I just noticed: at first I thought Rat King's face in the final panel of the last page stood in for the threat Saki was concerned about but if you look close, RK's eyes are visible as two tiny red dots outside the window in the first panel of that same page. He was actually right outside watching them!

Sh*t, Kitsune is so toast... Must be the first time ever in a comic that a former big bad gets stuffed into a fridge, as TV Tropes would put it.
Old 06-09-2021, 01:49 PM   #35
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Guess I'll just post this under spoiler tag since it's being discussed:
Spoiler:

Kinda cool to see Campbell's original DeviantArt OC Artemisia is hanging out in the crowd.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 02:46 PM   #36
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

Iam back! And i wil kill the turtles and take my revenge! MUHAHAHAHAAH!!!!!
Old 06-09-2021, 02:48 PM   #37
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Is that Venus-Not-Venus in the upper left?
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 03:15 PM   #38
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Guess I'll just post this under spoiler tag since it's being discussed:

Kinda cool to see Campbell's original DeviantArt OC Artemisia is hanging out in the crowd.
Wait, that lizard like mutant behind Jay, oh my god! Did Mona and Donnie finally do it?!

"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 03:18 PM   #39
TomWaltz
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
The epilogue to #100 makes it clear that Fugitoid is unwilling to return any of the humans - even Harold or Libby - to Earth as long as LeatherKrang is running rampant. So then why didn't he let the Turtles know about that threat in the meantime...?
Um, actually, the TMNT and their allies are aware of the LeatherKrang situation. Was mentioned by Angel and Alopex mentioned it in the TMNT ANNUAL 2020. Of course, Rat King used his powers to make Angel and Alopex forget about actually witnessing LeatherKrang in the sewer, but they (as well as the TMNT) do all know LK's lurking in the shadows somewhere... they just don't know where.

Talk soon...

Tom W.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2021-06-09 at 2.14.13 PM.jpg (16.4 KB, 20 views)
TomWaltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 03:19 PM   #40
phillytmnt
Thug

I’m at the point unfortunately where I’m going to stop picking up the ongoing series and just wait for Tom Waltz to come back for the Armageddon game storyline. I tried to stick around but this story is doing nothing to keep me interested other than Saki appearing. This just isn’t for me personally and I was a huge fan of the series.
What was the point of the battle of the bands? Or Tokka and Razzor appearing? Wasn’t Rocksteady and Bebop a deadly threat? Everybody seems to be friends with there is no sense of threat or danger in the story. There is too many new characters that are uninteresting and I could care less who Jennika hooks up with. 17 issues of just seeing random characters hang out is way to long!
I wish this would be a TMNT comic again. There is still so much potential in this comic and so many storylines where it could go that would be far more interesting than animals kissing. For example, someone taken up the mantle of Shredder like Chrell and forcing Saki to team up with the turtles and confronting his past could be awesome. Or a new deadly criminal organization. Anything but what we are currently seeing.
phillytmnt is offline   Reply With Quote