The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 04-13-2018, 09:42 PM   #1
Fishface
Foot Soldier

What did that guy mutate into?

In Season 1 of the original show, Shredder mutated Bebop and Rocksteady but also mutated the rest of their gang.

Here is them in mutant form.

Fixed Punks.jpg

I am of course talking about the one behind the mutated dog.

We had:

Rocksteady - Rhino

Bebop - Warthog

Scrag - Bat

Mowhawk Punk - Lizard

Bald Guy - Dog

There was one other punk but we can't tell what he mutated into. Anyone have any idea of know of any ideas of what he could have turned into?

Here's an image of what I can gather.

Untitled.jpg
Fishface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 10:26 PM   #2
Powder
So tired of this place

Myself, I thought he was supposed to be a mole. No way to know for sure unless perhaps David Wise had clearly stated what species those goons would mutate into in his scripts.

At any rate, I would have liked them to stick around. Scrag especially, but the lizard dude is super cool too.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 10:38 PM   #3
Fishface
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Myself, I thought he was supposed to be a mole. No way to know for sure unless perhaps David Wise had clearly stated what species those goons would mutate into in his scripts.

At any rate, I would have liked them to stick around. Scrag especially, but the lizard dude is super cool too.
It's questions like these that make me wonder if David Wise had them be a big focus or not. I wish there was some way I could get a hold of him!
Fishface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 03:14 AM   #4
neatoman
Emperor

You know, I keep forgetting that these characters even exist. What's the excuse for not using them? Bebop and Rocksteady had more than enough screen time to market the toys they were created for, you could have easily had Shredder send out a new mutant every episode, instead of relying on the same two morons all the time. One episode it could be the bat mutant, the next the dolphin mutant, then the giraffe mutant, etc.

The monster of the week has always been one of the most common episodic formulas, why wasn't it quite used here? It seems to me like most episodes are either "Shredder and Krang with Bebop and Rocksteady pull off some generic McGuffin plot" or "Random scientist and/or gangster pulls off some generic McGuffin plot". I'm not saying saying would be better off, it just seems more like the obvious choice.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 10:21 AM   #5
CyberCubed
Overlord

It's probably the same reason the writers didn't have Baxter Stockman stay in the Technodrome and work for Shredder/Krang after he became a fly, it was easier just to use two mutants.

With Krang also usually staying behind in the Technodrome in most eps, it was usually just Shredder/Bebop/Rocksteady sent to Earth for schemes. Having a trio of bumbling villains is a lot easier than an army especially if they were to be defeated in every single episode, it's the same thing the pokemon anime does with Jessie/James/Meowth. Just have a trio of incompetent villains and save the "big" villains for select arcs.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 03:27 PM   #6
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishface View Post
Here's an image of what I can gather.

Attachment 11858
Looks like an aardvark.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 02:26 PM   #7
Prowler
Emperor

I thought this was gonna be about Carter lol
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 03:08 PM   #8
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
You know, I keep forgetting that these characters even exist. What's the excuse for not using them? Bebop and Rocksteady had more than enough screen time to market the toys they were created for, you could have easily had Shredder send out a new mutant every episode, instead of relying on the same two morons all the time. One episode it could be the bat mutant, the next the dolphin mutant, then the giraffe mutant, etc.

The monster of the week has always been one of the most common episodic formulas, why wasn't it quite used here? It seems to me like most episodes are either "Shredder and Krang with Bebop and Rocksteady pull off some generic McGuffin plot" or "Random scientist and/or gangster pulls off some generic McGuffin plot". I'm not saying saying would be better off, it just seems more like the obvious choice.
I think mostly having Shredder, Krang, Bebop and Rocksteady were easier to write, dialogue-wise. They're funny when onscreen together at the same time, usually inside the Technodrome at the beginning of an episode.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 05:21 PM   #9
oldmanwinters
Overlord

I think the TMNT could have had their own version of the "Morlocks" if they had played this picked up this plot thread again.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 11:23 PM   #10
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan

The earliest version of a Kobold?

Yeah, since I don't have much to offer, I'mma gonna go with an anteater.

Since that punk is facing the front, he could be also be a camel, complete with back lumps. Or a mole.

It would have been cool if he mutated into a ferret.

But, I'm going by what Powder mentioned: we'll never know what that guy turned into, and I doubt that either David Wise nor Fred Wolf, actually remembers what that punk mutated into either.
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote