The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 05-19-2022, 04:59 PM   #61
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
It wasn't popular. People that played Battletoads back then were few. Younger gamers only heard of them through memes and the fact that Rare made the games.
Tbh I have never seen a Battle Toads meme. I'm sure they exist but they cannot be that common.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 05:05 PM   #62
Turo602
The King of Kings

Yeah, TMNT is way more popular than Battletoads. I don't get why that's even a question. Battletoads wasn't even pushed by Microsoft and was basically released just to die with no Switch port, no online co-op, or even a physical release. Ninja Turtles has way more buzz and coverage and will surely reach a wider audience by name alone.
Old 05-19-2022, 05:24 PM   #63
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turo602 View Post
Yeah, TMNT is way more popular than Battletoads. I don't get why that's even a question. Battletoads wasn't even pushed by Microsoft and was basically released just to die with no Switch port, no online co-op, or even a physical release. Ninja Turtles has way more buzz and coverage and will surely reach a wider audience by name alone.
Yeah there really is no debate.

TMNT was at one point the biggest cartoon series and action figure seller in the world. Battle Toads has never been anywhere near the highest selling video game series in the world at any point.

Ask anyone about TMNT and even if they have never watched it they most likely have heard of it. Battle Toads? Not a chance.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 09:00 PM   #64
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turo602 View Post
Yeah, TMNT is way more popular than Battletoads. I don't get why that's even a question.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Yeah there really is no debate.
Well no sh**, guys. I'm talking about the # of people who were into the Battletoads side-scrolling beat'em ups from the 90s are about the same # of people who were into TMNT side-scrolling beat'em ups from the 90s. The size of the fandom has nothing to do with it.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 10:33 PM   #65
Turo602
The King of Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Well no sh**, guys. I'm talking about the # of people who were into the Battletoads side-scrolling beat'em ups from the 90s are about the same # of people who were into TMNT side-scrolling beat'em ups from the 90s. The size of the fandom has nothing to do with it.
You asked if it would make a big enough splash as Battletoads did and proceeded to say that only 90s gamers are interested in these games which is a false equivalence. TMNT was always more popular and it's remained consistently relevant while Battletoads remained a nostalgic dead franchise. Kids, teenagers, and young adults have all had opportunities to get into Ninja Turtles since those arcade games. Why exactly would this not appeal to them?
Old 05-19-2022, 11:08 PM   #66
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
"Shredder's Revenge" is only for nostalgists. They didn't even try to up-res the graphics or anything.
I am sure, all of this effects and animations would have been possible on NES and SNES!! /sarcasm
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote