The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 07-30-2019, 11:33 AM   #61
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I have some pretty crazy dreams but I swear, last week right after I came back from Vegas with alcohol poisoning... had a nerve-wracking one. So, I couldn't sleep but I was trying to. I had like a cat nap unexpectedly (like I just slipped into it), but it didn't feel like I was asleep at all. Like, I was in my bed, then suddenly I "woke up" on the 2nd floor inside some strange building somewhere else. I had no idea how I'd gotten there, or where "there" was. I jumped down, hit the floor hard and walked outside. It looked like a nearby neighborhood or something. People walked up to me and I was asking them where I was but they just laughed at me, asking why I was in pajamas with no shirt. In my head I was absolutely convinced this was not a dream and absolutely real... I even speculated that somehow I'd sleep-walked somewhere weird maybe because of the alcohol poisoning. It was pretty horrifying, really. Like, "I just sleep-walked out of the house? What else did I do? How am I getting back?"

I woke up super happy (in my bed, of course), relieved it wasn't real.
What a trip. What happened with the alcohol poisoning?

This reminds me of a dream-like state I was in, back during my elementary school days, during a cabin/camping trip.

My friend and I went to bed inside a small cabin bedroom. I woke up in the middle of the night, thinking I was outside laying in the dirt and leaves. I can remember seeing mostly darkness, but also the silhouettes of tree's. I lay there for a while, feeling sort of scared and paralyzed. I could hear my friend breathing next to me, and I remember I finally built up the courage to speak, and I asked "Jordan, how do we get back inside?" and he replied "I don't know". Without any acknowledgement beforehand, he had also woken up in the middle of the night, to the conclusion that we had somehow ended up outside.

It's blurry from there, but at some point the haziness wore off and one of us stood, up, felt around the walls, and turned on the bedroom light. To our relief, we had been in the bedroom the whole time. We acknowledged how strange it had been and sort of tripped out over it before going back to bed.

Weird times.

We were around 10 or 11 years old at the time. Pretty much inseparable at the time, but only a couple years later we began to grow apart. Around the time we were in college I learned he had taken his own life. He was a good person and it was tragic. I'll always remember sharing this very creepy memory, among other strange happenings we experienced together.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 11:57 AM   #62
Vegita-San
Emperor

I've slept walked before. most dangerous one was in between train cars on a trip to florida and a conductor found me and brought me back. not fun.

I hve the most odd dreams on tylenol pm.

last one was seeing a bunch of hot witches on brooms passing people, waving, flying in the slow lane on a three lane highway.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 02:05 PM   #63
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Yeah, I had a similar dream where I ended up in Montreal when I had no memory of getting there, and not being able to sort out what happened with my mom, or my friend who lives there.

Another recent one was that I dreamed I was supposedly eight months pregnant (didn't look it) and came into a panic when I realized in the middle of a parking lot that I hadn't felt movement all that time, even though nothing had happened. After a bit of palpation, I said "oh there it is" and went along my way. This was my second pregnancy dream. Yeah, thanks psyche, for reminding me of things way out of my reach right now.
Old 07-30-2019, 03:19 PM   #64
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
What a trip. What happened with the alcohol poisoning?
Too much damn drinking. Too many bottles, too many shots, too many free drinks shoved in my face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
I've slept walked before. most dangerous one was in between train cars on a trip to florida and a conductor found me and brought me back.
Sh**...

I also have a recurring KIND of dream. The most recent one of it involved pet turtles. Basically, the whole neighborhood was flooded and all of the houses were kind of cut in half... meaning, like, they didn't have roofs or a top half so you can just kind of get into any of them. But here I am, finding cool little turtles all over the place. Like, "Sweet! I'm taking these home as pets!" All breeds, all sort of youngish. I'm putting them in this kind of a nook in a rotten tree, so I can take them all with me. But I just keep finding more and more of them, and when I bring them back to the nook, the first turtles I stuffed in there already crawled out so I have to stop what I'm doing and look for them, too. Over and over again.

Many variations on this dream, but basically it's the... picking up/finding things, putting them in a place for safekeeping, then picking up/finding other things, returning to the place for safekeeping and the earlier things are partially missing or gone.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 04:56 PM   #65
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
Yeah, thanks psyche, for reminding me of things way out of my reach right now.
tell me about it. lately my psyche likes to torture me with false hope dreams about my first highschool crush, and someone i went out with three times. it didn't work out that early in life, and we're still friends, but she's been way off limits for a while now.

my conscious knows this. obviously my sub conscious has other ideas. i'll dream we have a great night just chatting, or going out to dinner.. wake up happy, and then reality sets in.

fml.

Old 07-30-2019, 05:25 PM   #66
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

The weirdest thing about my pregnancy is how non-nonchalant I am when bad things happen.

Like never feeling movement by 8-months.
Or in the first case, standing in the family living room, saying "whoop, baby's coming, gonna go the bathroom; brb." And painlessly delivering a three month old with my bare hands. Then getting back to whatever I was doing with a "newborn".
Old 08-01-2019, 04:08 AM   #67
Vegita-San
Emperor

Perhaps the weirdest random dream i ever had. a voice from the sky shouts 'TANGO!' and all kinds of disasters happen. from sinkholes to stampedes.

Old 08-26-2019, 09:45 AM   #68
newfan
Mad Scientist

In relation to a few of the posts, the sleep walking sounds dangerous, thankfully I have not experienced that.
I can relate to dreaming of the things we want, or didn't realise we did but I think that is likely a lot of people.

Last night, ghostly, something was trying to tell me that one of my cousins was going to die, no matter what screen I had on (TV, Laptop etc) a dark looking video would appear with a voice telling me that death is coming, my deceased great grandma's face kept appearing with my cousins behind her telling me that he would be going too.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 09:55 AM   #69
Voltron
Handsomest Boy in School

I had a dream the other night where I was Batman, but I sucked at it. Commissioner Gordon would call about a crime, but I didn't know where anything in Gotham was, so I would always arrive late and the crime would be over. I remember being lost in places and just kind of cursing under my breath because everyone was going to be pissed at me.

It was really embarrassing.
Old 08-26-2019, 01:48 PM   #70
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

That reminds me I was briefly in NYC last night, I think on business, and jokingly wondered to myself where the Turtles were at. Of all times that could be indulged a little and I have to go and be aware that they're fictional even in a dream. So, being Batman sound funner.

Though I did once dream of waking up and being surprised to find I'd become green skinned and three fingered and was trying to keep a low profile hoping no one would notice. That was a neat one. (Move over, Jennika, I did it first. Okay, second, I think April was briefly one many years ago.)
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 09:34 AM   #71
newfan
Mad Scientist

Don't think I've been a TV/Book character in a dream, I have been a different person or I am me but still different to how I usually am.

Anyway weird one for last night, I had crawlies in my hair which were found by a member on here, they were straightening my hair. (I was being lazy). I was horrified that I had them and that the person knew about it. I have had dreams about things in my hair before but it's usually been spiders for some reason rather than hair lice.
Old 11-18-2019, 04:21 PM   #72
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Two Turtles, with gear somehow snagged and hung up on each other, stuck under a table.

Mostly it was Donnie's stuff (too much junk on him like those last films) that was somehow snagged on Leo. I helped them out, after all what are friend's for. lol Involved two small locks Donnie had to give the keys for. Even teased them about a couple of heroes such as them needing to be recused from being stuck under a table. lol Leo didn't look too happy, but I figured he was prob just a little embarrassed.

No idea why there was a table or how they ended up under it. lol
Old 01-23-2020, 08:56 AM   #73
Sumac
Banned

Had a weird dream few nights ago. It had started with me watching something on my PC, but then it shifted to a story about two women who decided to live in the Dracula's castle. One was constantly saving the other from a vampire, who apparently was so powerful that he could create duststorms and earthquakes.

At the end, two girls attempted to lure Dracula in a trap and suddenly his castle transformed into wrestling ring with several wrestlers fighting each other. At this point, story about girls and Dracula was abandoned and soon I woke up.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 02:01 PM   #74
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Commercial for an animated TMNT movie -- presumably IDW-based because even the new Turtle girl was there -- that would be on like 8 or 9pm on Cinemax. Saw it on a tv in a public place and was glad to see that a number of adults were interested in it. Then I woke up disappointed that it was a dream.
Old 01-27-2020, 06:52 AM   #75
Vegita-San
Emperor

Weirdest, STRONGEST alternate reality dream I've ever had. I finally got everything I ever wanted. dream house, dream family, dream wife. only I had developed some odd type of amnesia...so every morning, my memory reset to pre dating levels. I only remembered the wife as a friend. and every time I woke up in the house, I felt like I was in a strangers place. each morning, the reaction was exactly the same way, so the family had a routine to handle it. knowing how my luck goes in life? yeah. probably would happen.

Old 01-28-2020, 03:23 AM   #76
newfan
Mad Scientist

Another movie type dream there Vetiga San

I had an non reality dream too last night, also involved a member I get along with here, but we were not ourselves. I had this bad/dodgy family, with grandpa at the top, doing illegal stuff (I'm sure I was quite young too) Anyway, dodgy grandpa was going to kill an ally in his circle for telling a silly little white lie, (who turned out to be the member on here) like lying about having a job or something stupid. I was trying to warn them without getting caught because I might be killed too for betraying them.
Old 01-29-2020, 07:28 AM   #77
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Oddest nightmare I had was when I served jury duty. I dreamt I was a juror at joker's trial. Like the joker was legit arrested and as he was carried off some friend saw me and casually blurted out my address within earshot. So later that night Joker was at my place and I hid under the bed and my friend hid in a closet. I saw joker's feet walk past me and he fired a few rounds into the closet and left.

I still remember the odd silence, before I woke up. Like was Joker gone or was he hiding? Was I safe or was he gonna peak under the bed at any moment? And even worse, was my friend dead or just laying low til he was gone?

I woke up never knowing.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 04:55 PM   #78
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
That's creepy.

I had an odd dream not long ago, but now I've forgotten what it was. I just remember waking up with "Every Morning" from Sugar Ray running through my head.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 07:05 PM   #79
AquaParade
Banned

I had a really morbid dream last night. The type I almost feel guilty for saying out loud. What’s the point of sharing something so vile and meaningless? But I have to get it off my chest.

It was a dream about me and my dog, who passed a few years back. The first thing I remember is that I’m holding him in my arms in some apartment that I don’t recognize but feels like home. When I put him down, he doesn’t look well at all - arched back, too skinny, and walking in no particular direction. Pretty much the state he was in near the end of his life in reality.
Of course I become worried, so in an effort to, I guess, wash away any pain he might be in, I stick him in what can only be described as a toilet/bath hybrid; Semi-futuristic in design, it is flat on the floor, like a small tub, but with a gaping suction hole that opens up against the wall. In my mind, I know it’s a toilet, but it looks like the perfect tool for bathing a dog and I oblige to what seems perfectly reasonable in this reality by sticking him in.
It works. Whatever aches and pains plagued my little buddy are washed away as he appears revitalized. Reality shifts and the process repeats itself. I place Dallas in into the small tub again. But this time when I turn it on, he is rapidly sucked down into the drain behind him in the blink of an eye. Before I can react, his jacket of skin surfaces up and clogs the drain hole. I know that Dallas isn’t dead. I know that I’ve accidentally skinned and flushed him. I’m absolutely sick to my stomach and know there is nothing I can do to either reverse the situation or put him out of his misery.
Reality begins to shift and I have around 5-10 seconds to wonder whether I’m dreaming or not as I begin to wake up. I’m comforted when I finally take hold of the fact that Dallas died years ago and whatever happened can’t be real.

The dream haunted me all day. Again, sorry to be so morbid. I often dream about Dallas, while remembering him in poor health, but this dream takes the cake as far as nightmares go. It’s honestly a little embarrassing and the kind of dream that has me questioning why my mind would even go there. I don’t get off on violence in that sense and all in all it left me pretty disturbed. I’m all right now and I feel better having shared it.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 07:44 PM   #80
Sumac
Banned

Had a dream based on Jurassic Park.
Bunch of people were trapped in a subway with some dinosaurs. Not all of them were "real" species, but clearly based on some real life things. After some struggle the group had escaped dinosaurs on a jeep and into the river.

It was a very detailed dream.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote