The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 03-05-2022, 07:24 AM   #1
neatoman
Emperor

Should the second Fastforward season have happened?

Yes yes, I know Fastforward is pretty much where the series turned into a generic kids cartoon. However, had the second season been produced, the lingering plot threads would not have been abadonned. And it's not like Back to the Sewer was an improvement.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2022, 08:10 AM   #2
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

As someone who doesn't mind Fast Forward all that much even though it's nowhere near the same quality as the first five seasons, it's probably for the best that it didn't continue. Granted BttS wasn't much of an improvement imo but FF was too much of a turnoff for others that returning to the present time was much easier to digest. That said, I'm glad BttS didn't last long since I was not a fan of the attempts at trying to mirror the 2007 film for marketing purposes as the designs gave me The New Batman Adventures vibes and not in a good way.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2022, 08:21 AM   #3
ABrown
Banned

In hindsight, I would've preferred a second Fast Forward season to what we got in the Back to the Sewer season. The final episode of FF would've been the turtles returning home.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2022, 09:36 AM   #4
Sumac
Banned

It would've depended on its quality.

It seems by the end of the first season Fast Forward had started to get on its feet, but its still was a far cry from previous seasons. But, if FF Season 2 kept at least this level of quality, I think, it would not have been that bad.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2022, 11:00 AM   #5
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

It had some interesting ideas like Chr'ell playing Starro on a Triceraton and Usagi the space cadet, but it's biggest problem by switching direction the way it did was Darius Dunn is still free and not in custody. Sure, IDW made him pay penence for another version's crimes (likely murdering Casey and April's grandson and granddaughter-in-law), but to not tie up that end was odd. Sh'okanabo was tied up atleast.
Old 03-05-2022, 09:33 PM   #6
CyberCubed
Overlord

Does this really need to be asked 15 years later? For the record Season 2 was only going to be 10 episodes. Not a full 26 episode season.

Ch'rell coming back would have meant he wouldn't be in Turtles Forever, so I much prefer what we got as it made the final movie of the series much better.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2022, 05:18 AM   #7
Sumac
Banned

They could just rewrite Turtles Forever, if FF2 had happened.
Old 03-06-2022, 05:18 AM   #8
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

I don't think the Turtles needed to stay in the future for two seasons. Take them somewhere else instead.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2022, 05:43 AM   #9
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Does this really need to be asked 15 years later? For the record Season 2 was only going to be 10 episodes. Not a full 26 episode season.

Ch'rell coming back would have meant he wouldn't be in Turtles Forever, so I much prefer what we got as it made the final movie of the series much better.
Do you have a source for FF season 2 being 10 episodes rather than 26?
Hahahaha!
Old 03-06-2022, 10:50 AM   #10
CyberCubed
Overlord

Season 2 was going to be 10 episodes and we actually had all 10 episode titles revealed by a 4kids staff member:

https://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sh...15&postcount=7

You can look through that entire thread from 2009 for more discussion but there's the main post.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2022, 10:54 AM   #11
Powder
So tired of this place

I hate BTTS & love FF, so, yeah, it shoulda.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 04:56 PM   #12
SaurusX
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
I don't think the Turtles needed to stay in the future for two seasons. Take them somewhere else instead.
Agreed. They should have gone to space again since that was a superior story arc.
SaurusX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 11:52 PM   #13
Prowler
Emperor

Should? I don't know. What were the ratings and the toy sales like for Fast Forward? Perhaps 4kids felt the sales and ratings weren't good enough to justify the planned 2nd season, after all?

Now, would I like to have seen it? Eh, not really.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 07:53 AM   #14
Zachatello00
Ninja Comedian

Unpopular opinion time, but I would have ended the series with "the lost season" and been done with it. Once you get to the point where you need to change the entire premise of the show, your show is pretty much over, and maybe that's okay. They had accomplished pretty much everything they needed to. Each turtle had plenty of chances to shine (especially Leo, the only turtle that most people care about, but that's a seperate issue...) they hit the major Mirage story lines, and they took care of the Shredder. Is there anything else they really needed to do?
Old 03-17-2022, 11:09 AM   #15
sdp
Megan Fox = April

When FF was announced everyone was pissed but not me, I really liked the colorful designs and the idea of a future season arc seemed fun, especially with new villains and a whole new setting, heck I thought maybe they could even adapt some Vol.4 storylines. I was fine with taking a break from the cliffhanger ending we had in season 4.

I defended the show until it aired, man, what a waste of a premise. The plots felt very dumbed down and most of the original characters were either not interesting or just tired tropes. I really wanted to love it but I couldn't outside of a few episodes. I still would've loved a season 2 and having a real ending. I'm one of the few if not the only person who thinks it but I think Back to the Sewers is superior to both FF and the lost season.

Lost season was awful, it doesn't feel like it belongs with S1-4. It feels like a spin off just like FF/BTTS

Konami only bought what was left of 4kids because of Yugioh though, had 4kids owned TMNT they would've sold it for far more and perhaps remained relevant for a while longer, but even if that hadn't been the case other companies would've bought 4kids instead of konami since TMNT is an evergreen brand so Konami wouldn't have been able to afford it. But it's all irrelevant since 4Kids never had the chance to buy TMNT and I even think during the height of Pokemon were not big enough to acquire a brand like TMNT outright, it'd be too expensive for them, definitely not when they lost Pokemon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Turtle Terminator View Post
Here's a new question, would people have liked to have seen a BTTSS2, with concepts like the Shredder War, as pitched in S1? After watching Js Reviews series, apparently 4Kids were interested in buying TMNT and making an eighth season, but this season wouldn't have had Laird editing scripts to make them better quality. Same creative staff, excluding Laird.
I would've loved to have seen the Shredder Wars.

I don't ever remember reading 4kids was going to buy TMNT, seems a bit like BS. They did own the rights to 2k3 completely and licensing rights for TMNT for a certain amount of time which is what Viacom bought from 4Kids to own 100% TMNT and not sharing anything with 4kids but they didn't own anything besides the show and the licensing for a while..

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Hm... 4Kids owning TMNT outright? Let's see, that means TMNT would have been owned by Konami by now, right?
No, why would TMNT be owned by Konami? Because they got Yu gi oh back from 4Kids? They always owned YGO.

Last edited by sdp; 01-17-2024 at 08:16 PM.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2022, 12:10 PM   #16
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachatello00 View Post
Unpopular opinion time, but I would have ended the series with "the lost season" and been done with it. Once you get to the point where you need to change the entire premise of the show, your show is pretty much over, and maybe that's okay. They had accomplished pretty much everything they needed to. Each turtle had plenty of chances to shine (especially Leo, the only turtle that most people care about, but that's a seperate issue...) they hit the major Mirage story lines, and they took care of the Shredder. Is there anything else they really needed to do?
I agree, Lost Season, for all its warts, was the climax of everything 2k3 built before. Fast Forward and BTTS felt like unneeded attachments to it.
Old 03-17-2022, 02:47 PM   #17
ABrown
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Lost season was awful, it doesn't feel like it belongs with S1-4. It feels like a spin off just like FF/BTTS
Really? I've always felt that season five was the natural progression after season four, and would've worked as a nice conclusion to the series. It wasn't perfect, but I definitely enjoyed the season.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2022, 03:17 PM   #18
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
It indeed feels different and more like a weird spin-off of a TMNT series, but it preserved most of the atmosphere of the past 4 seasons, compared to what came after.
Old 03-17-2022, 04:30 PM   #19
The Turtle Terminator
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I'm currently watching the Ninja Tribunal season properly for the first time currently. I really feel like I'm watching a completely different show. I haven't seen FF since it aired, but I think I have a preference for it over this.

I honestly would've liked to see FFS2, assuming the episode concepts we were told by Laird/TMNT4Kids are accurate. Funny to think about, but Turtles could've gone out on a bit of an odd note in 2009, with Turtles Forever and the FFS2 finale being the only 2 stories in the present timeline. I really don't think the show would've felt right ending without a full season in the present day like BTTS.

Here's a new question, would people have liked to have seen a BTTSS2, with concepts like the Shredder War, as pitched in S1? After watching Js Reviews series, apparently 4Kids were interested in buying TMNT and making an eighth season, but this season wouldn't have had Laird editing scripts to make them better quality. Same creative staff, excluding Laird.
Old 03-17-2022, 04:34 PM   #20
neatoman
Emperor

Hm... 4Kids owning TMNT outright? Let's see, that means TMNT would have been owned by Konami by now, right?
Hahahaha!