The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 04-22-2022, 11:52 AM   #21
IMJ
Emperor

There are a handful of shows on Netflix that I watch now -

Stranger Things
Squid Games
Kingdom (a real good Feudal China zombie show)
Ozark
a lot of their crime docs and a few other shows that maybe don't come to mind right now.

But with that said, I never originally subscribed for that. In some ways I miss when Netflix was this repository of obscure 70's, 80's and 90's movies (like "Night of the Comet" or other weird movies).

My prevailing belief is that all of these companies that keep doing this woke $#!( have like.... three.... employees who push this stuff with some kind of manipulative, insipid exuberance to a room of colleagues who are all afraid to say "oh GOOODDDDD PLEAAASSSEEEEE STFU!" And so woke $#!( content gets out there.

Basically the world of corporate-life-of-terror wherein everyone is glad when someone says something truthful, but then proceeds to acts like the truthsayer is a naysayer-villain anyway. Scapegoat and patsy culture = corporate culture. And when no one speaks up you get woke ****, the companies lose money but no one speaks up and it keeps happening. Meanwhile the four blue hairs act like they are movers and shakers in "confronting" all of their perceived "social inequities" through ridiculous streaming programming that nobody actually wants to watch. You see this culture mostly at retail jobs, in call centers and apparently in film-publishers.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 08:16 AM   #22
superstaff
Mad Scientist

I've never liked Netflix. At all.

Every show that I've watched from there, I either hated from the get-go, or started off liking/loving it then it got messed up somewhere along the way (ex: Voltron, Bojack Horseman.....before anyone asks, I loved it up until season 5).
superstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 11:02 AM   #23
AquaParade
Banned

I haven't used it since "The Office" left the service. Anytime I open it up, I just do the classic thing of browsing around for ten minutes before leaving.

These streaming services aren't really for me, because I tend to only watch movies & shows that I have a special interest in. I never turn the television on and actively look for something to watch. I hear about a movie or show from a friend or online, and then actively pursue it.
Generally speaking.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 02:28 PM   #24
superstaff
Mad Scientist

I've never subscribed to any. I'm content with my cable service, lol.
superstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 02:32 PM   #25
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

I wouldn't be surprised if Netflix gets gobbled up by a larger streamer. My money's on Amazon.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 02:47 PM   #26
Prowler
Emperor

I've only subscribed to Netflix a couple of times. The 2nd time was to rewatch Seinfeld last autumn.

I'm not using the service ever again. Plus a lot of stuff is only available in certain countries anyway. And their original works don't interest me at all. They seem to be loaded with wokeism crap.

It can either change a lot for the best or just die/get bought by someone else.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote