The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 06-09-2015, 02:06 PM   #41
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Yeah, I can see why Tara would feel that way if they're getting some of the original cast back. I'm not saying these new girls will be terrible or anything, but I definitely understand why the original women feel left out and hurt about it.

As for Buttercup's cowlick, I agree. They should get rid of that.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 04:08 PM   #42
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTitan97 View Post
You can't really blame her for feeling that way though. According to Tom Kenny, they're even bringing back Roger L. Jackson as Mojo Jojo and Jennifer Hale as Ms. Keane (Though not as Princess Morbucks). So in reality if they could bring back at least three actors from the original series, there's no reason they couldn't bring back the original actresses for the girls.

Not that I'm knocking down the new girls, I'm sure they'll do fine. But I can understand how Tara must feel since this a character she's voiced for years and would love to do it again in a heartbeat.
This. They should have just re-cast full bore and not had some old cast and some new cast. Just make a brand new cast for the brand new series.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 12:30 AM   #43
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

Shame, they are not bringing back the original 3 actresses, but still looking forward to this.

http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 05:25 AM   #44
drgon78
Mad Scientist

They brought back the original cast of Teen Titans for Teen Titans Go, I don't see why they didn't for this one.
drgon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 07:37 AM   #45
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

I actually take back what said a bit. All three of the original voice actresses, actually want to reprise their roles, why they don't just role with I don't know.

http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
Old 06-10-2015, 07:39 AM   #46
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Exactly. They should have just brought them back, and I think it's a shame that they didn't. But we'll see how these other girls do.

Old 06-10-2015, 08:17 AM   #47
CyberCubed
Overlord

Does it really matter that the Powerful Puff girls have new voices? Its not like their voices are hard to imitate or that the originals were so amazing.

Blossom had a standard voice, Bubbles is high-pitched, and Buttercup has some roughness or toughness to her voice. Its not like this is some plot driven show.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 10:42 AM   #48
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Does it really matter that the Powerful Puff girls have new voices? Its not like their voices are hard to imitate or that the originals were so amazing.

Blossom had a standard voice, Bubbles is high-pitched, and Buttercup has some roughness or toughness to her voice. Its not like this is some plot driven show.

I know where you are coming from, but when all 3 wanted to return, then just go with that.

Old 06-10-2015, 01:19 PM   #49
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlueTurtle1 View Post
I know where you are coming from, but when all 3 wanted to return, then just go with that.
It's not their call to make. & I imagine the new blood costs a lot less than these folks.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 03:45 PM   #50
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

It matters in a way because old cast members are returning yet they didn't even bother to bring Tara, Cathy, and E.G. back to voice the Girls. And while I agree that it's not their call, it still sucks that they were overlooked.

Old 06-10-2015, 03:50 PM   #51
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
It's not their call to make. & I imagine the new blood costs a lot less than these folks.
True, but the original cast was awesome, enough said!

Old 06-10-2015, 03:50 PM   #52
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite

man I really like their voices....and they sounded great in the PPG special....kinda wish they brought them back.....

but....I that's not gonna stop me from enjoying this new show, maybe they will be just as great ^_^

(gonna be hard for me to imagine Bubbles as anyone else other than Tara though)
Old 06-11-2015, 05:16 PM   #53
THGhost
Puppet Master

Still managing to go off-topic I see, eh Technodrome Forums?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTitan97 View Post
You can't really blame her for feeling that way though. According to Tom Kenny, they're even bringing back Roger L. Jackson as Mojo Jojo and Jennifer Hale as Ms. Keane (Though not as Princess Morbucks). So in reality if they could bring back at least three actors from the original series, there's no reason they couldn't bring back the original actresses for the girls.

Not that I'm knocking down the new girls, I'm sure they'll do fine. But I can understand how Tara must feel since this a character she's voiced for years and would love to do it again in a heartbeat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
This. They should have just re-cast full bore and not had some old cast and some new cast. Just make a brand new cast for the brand new series.
Agreed. Isn't Roger L. Jackson still voicing Mojo Jojo as well? It's gonna be wierd hearing his and the Narrator and the Mayor's original voices along with everybody else's new voices.

1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007

"Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

"Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester

"Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42

Last edited by THGhost; 06-12-2015 at 09:10 AM.
THGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 05:56 AM   #54
drgon78
Mad Scientist

Sounds like another epic fail for cartoon network.
Old 06-12-2015, 09:29 AM   #55
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgon78 View Post
Sounds like another epic fail for cartoon network.
It's a little early to start calling this an "epic fail" considering we haven't even seen clips from the show yet.

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 10:22 AM   #56
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Exactly. Don't judge it until you see it.

Old 06-12-2015, 04:36 PM   #57
drgon78
Mad Scientist

I have no interest in it without the original voice actors for the main three, if they at least still had Tara Strong I might have been interested. Also considering there isn't a single show on CN that I like other then Venture Bros with new seasons every 2-4 years, I have little faith in this new version. I just hope this will not be the Teen Titans Go version of the Powerpuff Girls.
Old 06-12-2015, 04:39 PM   #58
CyberCubed
Overlord

Powerpuff girls wasn't really THAT great a show in the first place. I watched it all when I was a kid, and its a fun show, but its certainly nothing amazing or mind blowing.

I don't see how people can be bothered by Powerpuff girls being slightly different, its not like this was some plot driven series or something. It was a better than average CN show that now people are nostalgic for, that's it.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 05:54 PM   #59
mexichrist83
Hench Mutant

Quote:
I don't see how people can be bothered by Powerpuff girls being slightly different, its not like this was some plot driven series or something. It was a better than average CN show that now people are nostalgic for, that's it.
This coming from someone who continuously complained about the changes made to Hun and whether or not certain characters are specific races is amusing.

Anyway, I wasn't a big fan of the original show because it was after my time for something like that but from what I saw it seemed like an entertaining show. I took my youngest brother to see the movie and I have to admit that the movie was really fun. The voice actresses really made the PPG as characters so I can understand completely how not having the original actresses would cause trepidation about the rebooted version especially considering how they are all still very active in voice acting. Elizabeth Daily even posted a youtube video today of her expressing her thoughts on how she and the other actresses weren't even approached to do the new series. Very strange situation with this recasting.
mexichrist83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 06:13 PM   #60
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Quote:
Powerpuff girls wasn't really THAT great a show in the first place. I watched it all when I was a kid, and its a fun show, but its certainly nothing amazing or mind blowing.

Oh please.

No one cares if PPG was a "plot-driven series" like you do, that isn't soley why people like it. People liked it because it was fun, smart, and appealed to all ages, boys and girls. It may not be a great show to you, but there's no denying how it's definitely one of Cartoon Network's greatest shows considering its lasting impression.

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote