The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2016, 12:15 PM   #1
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
Man of Steel 2

This will make Leo656 very happy and Commenter 42 very unhappy. There will be fist pumps and cries of joy from one man, and howls of outrage and gnashing of teeth from the other.

http://batman-news.com/2016/08/08/wa...an-of-steel-2/

Me? Give me a Lex Luthor that isn't Jesse Eisenberg (or at least drastically change that twitchy twerp's performance) and more Cavill and Adams, and I'll be happy.

If WB has already jumped the gun and done Doomsday, what do they follow up with? The Superman Clone Saga (sorry, I don't remember the story arc's actual title)? Parasite? Bring in a better Supergirl (move over, Melissa)? Mongol? Metallo?

Personally, I'm betting the Superman clones... Superboy/girl, Cyborg Superman, Eradicator, Steel. I guess we'll have to see how Justice League handles bringing him back.
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 12:18 PM   #2
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 37,245
I find it bizarre after all this time Brainiac has never been done in live-action. He's one of the most important villains.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 12:23 PM   #3
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I find it bizarre after all this time Brainiac has never been done in live-action. He's one of the most important villains.
I KNEW I WAS FORGETTING ONE OF HIS ENEMIES!

Yup, the movie will be Brainiac. No doubt about it.
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 12:24 PM   #4
Electric
Organized Lightning
 
Electric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 2,479
DC is not afraid
__________________
Electric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 12:24 PM   #5
Commenter 42
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,954
Actually this makes me happy. Snyder's barely treading water, and they just tosd him a cement block.
Commenter 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 12:27 PM   #6
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commenter 42 View Post
Actually this makes me happy. Snyder's barely treading water, and they just tosd him a cement block.
I'm pretty sure, agree or disagree, that Snyder won't be involved. At best, a minimalized presence.

WB wants/needs Superman to make bank, so they're going to pull out all the stops.
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 12:28 PM   #7
ToTheNines
[sic]
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 15,085
Lol, can we not talk about Leo?
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 01:56 PM   #8
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 20,934
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I find it bizarre after all this time Brainiac has never been done in live-action. He's one of the most important villains.
Yep. It's pretty pathetic, even factoring in the Reeve movies... his villains were Lex, then Zod, then Lex again in Returns, then Zod again in Man of Steel, and Lex again in BvS coupled with Zod's body again. How sad is that? Can we get new villains, please?

Mongul and Warworld would rock, though it might be thematically too similar to what they're probably planning with Darkseid and Apokalips. Brainiac is a no-brainer. I thought Man of Steel was foreshadowing him with the Codex stuff but they pissed it off to do a Dark Knight Returns/Death of Superman jambalaya in DC Cinematic Universe movie #2.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 02:48 PM   #9
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 3,098
ugghhh

the first movie was DREADFUL!!! Wow, i don't intend on seeing this but if Cyborg Superman was the villain i'd consider it.
turtlefanforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 03:45 PM   #10
ToTheNines
[sic]
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 15,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Yep. It's pretty pathetic, even factoring in the Reeve movies... his villains were Lex, then Zod, then Lex again in Returns, then Zod again in Man of Steel, and Lex again in BvS coupled with Zod's body again. How sad is that? Can we get new villains, please?

Mongul and Warworld would rock, though it might be thematically too similar to what they're probably planning with Darkseid and Apokalips. Brainiac is a no-brainer. I thought Man of Steel was foreshadowing him with the Codex stuff but they pissed it off to do a Dark Knight Returns/Death of Superman jambalaya in DC Cinematic Universe movie #2.
They've bungled everything. Half of his supporting cast is already dead. Snyder will surely kill some more in JL.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 04:16 PM   #11
Commenter 42
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,954
You know who might make a good Superman film? Cameron.

Hear me out.

Think about the sci-fi of Superman. It's the part they rarely explore. Think about the menagerie of aliens. Would be interesting. Superman off-world.

I'd say Abrams, given what he's done for Star wars and Star Trek, but he already had a shot, and his ideas were a little meh.
Maybe he's grown.
Commenter 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 04:20 PM   #12
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 20,934
Quote:
Originally Posted by AT-Man View Post
Great, now y'all just spoiled that Superman will get revived in DCEU!
So dumb. They actually go to the trouble of doing the Death of Superman in DC Cinematic Universe Movie #2, and they can't even make it to the end of the movie without spoiling his resurrection.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 04:21 PM   #13
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 20,934
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I'd say Abrams, given what he's done for Star wars and Star Trek
What, you mean this?



The best thing he did for Star Trek was having mostly nothing to do with the latest one. And TFA was pretty much just a study in how to "lift" a movie with only a slight coating of anything original.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 08-08-2016 at 04:59 PM.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 04:22 PM   #14
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill
 
Netkeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Texas, but not for much longer
Posts: 3,645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commenter 42 View Post
You know who might make a good Superman film? Cameron.

Hear me out.

Think about the sci-fi of Superman. It's the part they rarely explore. Think about the menagerie of aliens. Would be interesting. Superman off-world.

I'd say Abrams, given what he's done for Star wars and Star Trek, but he already had a shot, and his ideas were a little meh.
Maybe he's grown.
I don't like Superman [which probably makes my liking of Man of Steel incredibly appropriate because it was his personality that I liked] but I would be all over this.
__________________
Netkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 04:32 PM   #15
NinjaPug
Foot Elite
 
NinjaPug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,259
This version has already been ruined so much that it would take a great writer/director for me to get excited about this. Please don't continue trying to deconstruct Superman. Also, please don't kill main characters by shooting them in the head in a throwaway scene because you think it's "fun". Keep The ****** version of Lex away from this too.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 12:53 PM   #16
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 12,618
Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
This will make Leo656 very happy and Commenter 42 very unhappy. There will be fist pumps and cries of joy from one man, and howls of outrage and gnashing of teeth from the other.

http://batman-news.com/2016/08/08/wa...an-of-steel-2/

Me? Give me a Lex Luthor that isn't Jesse Eisenberg (or at least drastically change that twitchy twerp's performance) and more Cavill and Adams, and I'll be happy.

If WB has already jumped the gun and done Doomsday, what do they follow up with? The Superman Clone Saga (sorry, I don't remember the story arc's actual title)? Parasite? Bring in a better Supergirl (move over, Melissa)? Mongol? Metallo?

Personally, I'm betting the Superman clones... Superboy/girl, Cyborg Superman, Eradicator, Steel. I guess we'll have to see how Justice League handles bringing him back.
I hope Man of Steel 2 will have Supergirl in it, the prequel comic told Kara's origin, she was the one who stepped out of that cryochamber, when Superman went into the ship and for a brief moment, sees one that was opened.
__________________
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 02:59 PM   #17
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 9,963
Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
This will make Leo656 very happy and Commenter 42 very unhappy. There will be fist pumps and cries of joy from one man, and howls of outrage and gnashing of teeth from the other.

http://batman-news.com/2016/08/08/wa...an-of-steel-2/

Me? Give me a Lex Luthor that isn't Jesse Eisenberg (or at least drastically change that twitchy twerp's performance) and more Cavill and Adams, and I'll be happy.

If WB has already jumped the gun and done Doomsday, what do they follow up with? The Superman Clone Saga (sorry, I don't remember the story arc's actual title)? Parasite? Bring in a better Supergirl (move over, Melissa)? Mongol? Metallo?

Personally, I'm betting the Superman clones... Superboy/girl, Cyborg Superman, Eradicator, Steel. I guess we'll have to see how Justice League handles bringing him back.
I will assume Darkseid is reserved for Justice League. What about Brainiac? He could reverse the stance the public took as a result of Zod. During the chaos Lex could be creating another monster,but this time a Superman he can control which will result in Bizarro and if the plot merits it Superboy can enter as the perfected clone while Bizarro could be from dated dna and Superboy a touch of Luthor dna to humanize the Kryptonian clone.
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 02:07 PM   #18
Cure
Y'all need Jesus
 
Cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,910
BuEller, man. Ferris Bueller. He's also in Speed.

And yeah, I never thought of him, but he would make a good Mr. Fantastic.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 08:45 PM   #19
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!
 
MsMarvelDuckie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Posts: 8,463
So this is actually a go then? Haven't they learned their lesson yet? Superman is not the same as Batman, tonally or otherwise. Trying to make them both similar in character is to completely miss the dynamic between them. I agree with 42. And daaamn but Ruck WOULD make a good Reed! Also I fully agree that Evans and Chicklis were great as Johnny and Ben. Hmm Geller as Sue? I could dig it!
__________________
"You IDIOTS! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -from "Spaceballs"

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 08:56 PM   #20
Luigiperps
Mad Scientist
 
Luigiperps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 1,060
They better bring Jimmy Olsen back.
__________________

Why I love Mikey. He looks into the
face of a giant, killer, mutant alligator with this face.
Luigiperps is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.