The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Books, Comics, and Other Literature

Notices

Old 09-16-2020, 02:17 PM   #1
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Superman: Agent of Batman Pitch By Max Landis

Presently blacklisted, Max Landis has had no official platform at DC to put together the sequel to his acclaimed 2015 Superman mini-series American Alien, which also formed the basis for the recent animated movie Man of Tomorrow...but for some reason Youtube still allows him to exist, so he's pitched it here

ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 02:23 PM   #2
Leo656
The Franchise

I f*cking hate this guy and everything he touches.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 08:07 PM   #3
neatoman
Emperor

I did see his pitch for a TMNT movie, his idea of how to make a sequel to the 2014 movie. I hated it, it almost makes me glad that OotS exists instead of it and I hate that one with a passion.
Spoiler:
Not only does it have Bebop and Rocksteady taking the spotlight just like in OotS, it also has a character who is pretty much Jennika 0.1.

Max Landis sucks a bag of dicks, he can go eat rotten earthworms and down them with skunk piss for all I care. The best thing he ever made was that parody of Death of Superman, and that's just "good" in an ironic sense.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 06:49 AM   #5
2K3
Foot Soldier

I've been following his "Kryptonian Epic" for a while on Youtube, and here's my pros and cons on the idea so far:

Pros
1. This Superman can make mistakes (Death of Deadshot for one) but also helps make people better than what they are (his redemption of Aquaman and Riddler for one)
2. Lex Luthor character is so on point; and his manipulation and control of several characters such as an more elderly John Constantine, Zatanna, his own Justice League (comprised of a threatened Flash, a manipulated Wonder Woman and criminal Manchester Black) and a more mercenary-styled Suicide Squad (comprised of Deadshot, Lady Shiva, KGBeast and Brutale) is impressive. And as big as he is, apparently he won’t be the “Final Boss” of the series (it’s either Zod, Brainiac or Doomsday).
3. The racial diversity of certain characters (African-American Ted Kord and Jimmy Olsen, Half-Japanese Lois Lane etc.) is awesome (on par with “Spectacular Spider-Man”)
4. A more mentally disturbing Batman (complete with Multiple personality disorders; not just Batman and Bruce Wayne, but also Killer Moth, Bane, Matches Malone, and alternate Batman like the Caped Crusader, Owlman and Zur En Arhh)
5. Not all villains are beyond redemption (Riddler, Mr. Freeze and Parasite all seem to have great tragic yet redeeming qualities in his story); heck Riddler joins this version’s JSA.
6. His take on certain heroes are interesting (A Lovecraftian Aquaman, a “Former Wayne-Tech Based” Blue Beetle, a more buff-gladiator Wonder Woman with a limited view of Man’s World, and a “Red Tornado”-style armoured Flash with a “Plastic Man”-style personality and backstory)
7. This version’s Pete Ross is a fantastic supporting character (especially if he’s going where I think he’s going)
8. The Story flows like something out of Game of Thrones/ LotR (a rich tapestry of characters, all with their own mythos and stories and connect with Clark’s story really well)

Cons
1. Certain character/ location changes are odd (Why is Ted Kord in Bludhaven instead of Hub City; and why is Dr. Sivana a Green Arrow villain, what’s wrong with Count Vertigo instead?)
2. His take on Joker and Vandal Savage is an acquired taste.
2K3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 07:12 AM   #6
AquaParade
Banned

This guy is somewhat interesting. He is creative and he is charismatic.

He's a bit exhausting and I think a bit of a liar & egomaniac as well. He used to go on this game show called "movie fights" where people would debate movies for points (lots of fun) but anytime he was on, they would have a round that involved pitching a movie idea that's better than your opponents.

So he would always do this thing where he pretends to be making up the pitch on the spot. And everyone would buy it! I mean, maybe I'm more perceptive of people's behavior than others, but it was blazingly obvious, in my mind, that this dude was not pitching "off the top of his head" anytime this happened. It seemed to me that he definitely thought about it beforehand. Seemed like a desperate attempt to impress people.

Decide for yourself but I'd be interested to hear if I'm the only one with this perception.
The show was called Movie Fights, on the ScreenJunkies YouTube channel.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 07:17 AM   #7
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

He was accused of sexual assault and all this stuff back in 2019.
Old 07-01-2021, 09:38 AM   #8
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
He was accused of sexual assault and all this stuff back in 2019.
Yes, and he largely reinvented himself as a talent coach for writers and rebuilt his career on Youtube. Nowadays, only lefty moral guardians still care about what he did and the rest of us have forgiven him, recognised that he's put the work in, and are just enjoying his pitches and hot takes again.
Old 07-01-2021, 09:43 AM   #9
Leo656
The Franchise

Speak for yourself, I haven't forgiven him for anything. Everything I've ever heard from this guy is the lunatic coke-ramblings of a madman.

Old 07-24-2021, 03:06 PM   #11
Galactus
Foot Elite

I don't know why I hate him. His pitches are insulting but they have zero chances of ever becoming a thing so he's just another guy doing awful fan fics that he puts on youtube...but I really him.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 05:44 PM   #12
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Yes, and he largely reinvented himself as a talent coach for writers and rebuilt his career on Youtube. Nowadays, only lefty moral guardians still care about what he did and the rest of us have forgiven him, recognised that he's put the work in, and are just enjoying his pitches and hot takes again.
You forgave a writer who sexually assaulted women? Okay then.

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 04:13 AM   #13
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
You forgave a writer who sexually assaulted women? Okay then.
Oh spare me.

Women can be predators too. And have gotten away with worse. The guy has creative ideas and he clearly still has a career, so the big bad 'no second chances required' fembots can enjoy their time of the month somewhere else about it, while they 'ship themselves with all these weird-ass irredeemable toxic characters in fiction thinking they can 'fix' them like a bunch of hypocritical harpies.
Old 07-25-2021, 05:34 AM   #14
The Deadman
Foot Elite

"He has creative ideas so I forgive him for what he did" is big brain stuff right there.

Also not one person has questioned whether or not women can be worse. Both genders can be equally as bad.

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 03:40 PM   #15
Leo656
The Franchise

Landis might have "creative" ideas but I've never, ever seen a single "good" one.

I think if it wasn't for his Daddy's last name he'd be one of those baristas who gives you a copy of their latest script with every latte you order.