The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 05-15-2024, 05:48 PM   #161
Y2Josh
Hench Mutant

Yeah... as someone who really loves the look of that original set, I feel these look really bad. The cartoon-style heads don't look great, and they REALLY don't match those bodies.

Maybe I'll regret not getting these later, but I'm just not feeling them.
Y2Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2024, 07:42 PM   #162
IMJ
Emperor

Death-stare animated heads on wrinkley turtle corpse bodies. Pass.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2024, 07:21 AM   #163
mikey see
Mad Scientist

Sold out. I wonder how many scalpers are going to be left holding the bag on these. Honestly, I'm sure plenty of collectors will still go nuts with FOMO once they're delivered and they'll sell at a premium, at least initially.

Doesn't Mezco have a history of somewhat significantly altering/improving their prototypes for release? I wonder if they'll come up with some better heads and different bodies. Probably not on the bodies as I'm sure they want to reuse as much as possible, but surely they can do better than those comically awful heads.
mikey see is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2024, 10:42 AM   #164
Dask
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey see View Post
Sold out. I wonder how many scalpers are going to be left holding the bag on these.
A few years ago, I would be doing this, but I've had a string of miscalculations.

I got a second Galactus that never went up in value, assuming that it should because it looks better than the Sentinel (overlooked that the Sentinel is an army builder). That reminds me, my Pip Boy Edition PS4 Fallout 4 - I should probably sell it now. It finally went up from $40 to $200 because of the show, but by the time I put up the listing no one will care. I just put up a listing for TiD (less than eBay) but no one cares (I was gifted an extra set). And, supposedly it was/is high in demand. What gives. I'm just going to be stuck with a bunch of excess inventory that I will need to burn in a bonfire!

Last edited by Dask; 05-16-2024 at 01:15 PM.
Dask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2024, 11:25 AM   #165
Y2Josh
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey see View Post
Sold out. I wonder how many scalpers are going to be left holding the bag on these. Honestly, I'm sure plenty of collectors will still go nuts with FOMO once they're delivered and they'll sell at a premium, at least initially.

Doesn't Mezco have a history of somewhat significantly altering/improving their prototypes for release? I wonder if they'll come up with some better heads and different bodies. Probably not on the bodies as I'm sure they want to reuse as much as possible, but surely they can do better than those comically awful heads.
From what I understand, these were in stock and not pre-orders, so it's a little odd that they were showing prototypes. I know the initial release looked better in-hand than the prototype shots, but not by a huge amount, and I also didn't think those looked awful to begin with. The only advantage these have over that original release is that they were more limited (I believe), but that in itself may be enough to drive the aftermarket.
Y2Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2024, 11:52 AM   #166
TurtleManiac
Banned

Yeah the smooth toony head sculpts do look kinda weird on the textured comic style bodies, easy pass. The regular Mezco TMNT figures look ok, seems to be really popular and alot of people like them, but they’re just not for me. They’re not accurate to any of the comics, shows, or movies, but I guess that’s Mezco style, just make their own versions of things, and I know alot of collectors like that.
TurtleManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2024, 01:09 PM   #167
mikey0
Foot Elite

Mezco Con 2024 begins on June 24th: https://toynewsi.com/169-53197
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2024, 01:16 PM   #168
j3h
Hench Mutant

I’ve been told by an unfamiliar source* (so take that for what it is) that one:12 Casey Jones or a version of of him (meaning a deluxe offering or alt outfit) will be offered as part of the mezco summer con event.

*a coworker showed me a pic on his phone of an unreleased professional publicity photo of the figure that he was sent by someone who knows someone at mezco and said he was told it was a convention exclusive. From what I saw it looked like it could be the same outfit as the teaser photo from last year.

Last edited by j3h; 06-17-2024 at 01:31 PM.
j3h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2024, 02:59 PM   #169
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Casey Pre order tomorrow

Old 07-03-2024, 11:05 AM   #170
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Orders are up. Ships after SDCC.

https://www.mezcotoyz.com/one-12-collective-casey-jones

*EDIT* appears to be sold out. They sold over 900 (exact number not sure) in 8 mins. not bad. Maybe more stock after SDCC? who knows. Or if you are attending, try to get one there.

Got mine secured, of course

*EDIT2*

there is now a waitlist. if you join the waitlist, strong chance you can get one if you get on there early enough.

Last edited by Zulithe; 07-03-2024 at 11:13 AM.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2024, 11:50 AM   #171
909 Turtle Fan
Hench Mutant

Looks cool, like the scratched mask. But not for $120
Kinda reminds me of a fan made custom.

"Breathe in the smoke, Oroku Saki, and meditate. Open your mind and all will become clear."-Kitsune, SHotFC #3
909 Turtle Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2024, 07:53 PM   #172
DonnieLaForge
Mad Scientist

As a not-really-a-big-Casey-fan myself, I legitimately wonder for those who are Casey fans, how many Caseys is enough/too many Caseys? I have found as a big turtle fan that contrary to my previous beliefs there is in fact a measurable number, for me, of enough/too many turtles and we have now surpassed it.
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2024, 07:56 AM   #173
teemu
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieLaForge View Post
As a not-really-a-big-Casey-fan myself, I legitimately wonder for those who are Casey fans, how many Caseys is enough/too many Caseys? I have found as a big turtle fan that contrary to my previous beliefs there is in fact a measurable number, for me, of enough/too many turtles and we have now surpassed it.
plenty of more Casey's to go..

Vacation Casey (Cartoon)
Pimpled Casey (playmates re-mastered)
50th Annversay variant crack-masked disquise Casey
Turtles of Grayskull variant #2 (and 3)
Deluxe Goaltender Casey
Zombie Casey (Neca)

It's endless.....
teemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2024, 08:54 AM   #174
Dask
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemu View Post
plenty of more Casey's to go..

Vacation Casey (Cartoon)
Pimpled Casey (playmates re-mastered)
50th Annversay variant crack-masked disquise Casey
Turtles of Grayskull variant #2 (and 3)
Deluxe Goaltender Casey
Zombie Casey (Neca)

It's endless.....
Don't forget, completists need to get the Mcfarlane Casey!

https://toynewsi.com/14-53258
Dask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2024, 10:21 PM   #175
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieLaForge View Post
As a not-really-a-big-Casey-fan myself, I legitimately wonder for those who are Casey fans, how many Caseys is enough/too many Caseys?
Honestly, all I have is just my 1987 and 1990 Casey and that's plenty for me. Had I collected Super7, I probably would've picked up that Casey too ... but so much of his other stuff never does anything for me. Love Casey, but pretty selective I guess.
Old 07-05-2024, 10:12 AM   #176
Zachatello00
Ninja Comedian

I imagine I'd be in the minority here, and it's something we'd probably never see anyway, but would anyone else pick up April if they did her?
Old 07-05-2024, 11:27 AM   #177
Robogeek1973
Thug

I think I'd be good with just Shredder for now.

Maybe a Bebop and Rocksteady.

Splinter as well.

Leatherhead would be cool also.

Triceraton would be killer.

Mondo Gecko would be cool as well.

Then there's......
Robogeek1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2024, 12:04 PM   #178
teemu
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robogeek1973 View Post
I think I'd be good with just Shredder for now.

Maybe a Bebop and Rocksteady.

Splinter as well.

Leatherhead would be cool also.

Triceraton would be killer.

Mondo Gecko would be cool as well.

Then there's......
If there is money to be made, they will all be made
teemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2024, 02:22 PM   #179
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Shredder, Splinter, Bebop, Rocksteady all better happen at a minimum. Looking at their other licensed lines I think we should get at least a few of these if not all... problem is they will only release like a handful a year so it could take a while.

Oh, and since we are already getting Casey I think that bodes very well for a possible April figure. But who knows, they kinda shy away from female figures in their One:12 line unless they are very popular, like Wonder Woman etc.

The market is so saturated with TMNT figures anymore though, it's really hard to say how deep they will go because of that.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2024, 10:18 AM   #180
Zachatello00
Ninja Comedian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
Oh, and since we are already getting Casey I think that bodes very well for a possible April figure. But who knows, they kinda shy away from female figures in their One:12 line unless they are very popular, like Wonder Woman etc.
I agree, and understand why but find it a shame, nevertheless. It's not that aren't a good number of options for April figures, she's just my favorite non-turtle character, and I always like it when they throw some love her way.