The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 04-30-2024, 08:54 PM   #7441
Y2Josh
Hench Mutant

Speaking of matching paint apps... I just saw all of these except Leo at my Target... and I have no idea what they were thinking with this whole wave.

I think everyone knows the Turtles are a darker green, but within this same wave, the Pizza Club Turtles are mostly cel-shaded. Then the punk Turtles aren't cel-shaded, and Mikey's bandana/glasses are done in that lighter orange color that they use on the front of his cel-shaded bandana. And then Samurai Mikey and Space Don also aren't cel-shaded... but Mikey's bandana is the darker orange used on the back of the cel-shading.

It's wild to me that they have this ostensibly amazing system of modularity in place, but have somehow bungled it so badly that you can't use most of the parts together.
Y2Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2024, 06:47 AM   #7442
DonnieLaForge
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Josh View Post
Speaking of matching paint apps... I just saw all of these except Leo at my Target... and I have no idea what they were thinking with this whole wave
That didn't stop the rube I just saw on IG from buying 4 adventure packs to swap heads on. They were thinking of him, he'll buy anything!

It's going to be a bit hilarious if they think they are now going to shift gears and reissue everything without cel shading. That's a $#!t sandwich I'd like to see them try and feed us and end up choking on themselves.
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2024, 08:31 AM   #7443
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

We could just say it’s error versions from the different seasons.
lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2024, 08:51 PM   #7444
DonnieLaForge
Mad Scientist

Lots of people posting pics of their Pizza Club turtles arranged from left to right in the WRONG ORDER. I mean...come on guys...it's embarrassing!
Old 05-02-2024, 02:46 AM   #7445
Tuxedo Moroboshi
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieLaForge View Post
Lots of people posting pics of their Pizza Club turtles arranged from left to right in the WRONG ORDER. I mean...come on guys...it's embarrassing!
Donatello does machines, Michelangelo is a party dude, Raphael is cool but rude, Leonardo leads! Very unorthodox rhythm to these lyrics and the rhyming is off...
Tuxedo Moroboshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2024, 07:02 AM   #7446
oldmanwinters
Overlord

I was afraid the Target website was glitching out, but I managed to snag Baxter, Kirby, and the Corporate Raiders Casey Jones 2-pak, which were the big 3 items I really wanted from this year's Haul.

EDIT: Here are the page listings:

Business Suit Casey Jones & Split Foot Soldier:
https://www.target.com/p/neca-teenag...33#lnk=sametab

Kirby (Officially "Jack" Licensed, I guess):
https://www.target.com/p/neca-teenag...24#lnk=sametab

Baxter's only shows the back of the box for some reason:
https://www.target.com/p/neca-teenag...29#lnk=sametab

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2024, 02:17 PM   #7447
TurtleManiac
Banned

Only thing left that I want from haulathon but couldn’t find in store yet is red shirt Casey Jones, and can’t order on the site either, must be super rare.
TurtleManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2024, 04:20 PM   #7448
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Almost 6:30 ET and none of the TMNT sets have sold out for this week. Did folks just not love this wave as much as I did or have they spent their tax returns already?

I skipped out on everything else except Pizza Club Don and Mikey. Kinda wish I had picked up one or both of the Mirage Foot Soldiers. The Punk Turtles just didn't appeal to me for the price point (they didn't even get a commemorative box with a decorated flap).

Waiting for Mirage Rat King!

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2024, 11:01 AM   #7449
Y2Josh
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Almost 6:30 ET and none of the TMNT sets have sold out for this week. Did folks just not love this wave as much as I did or have they spent their tax returns already?

I skipped out on everything else except Pizza Club Don and Mikey. Kinda wish I had picked up one or both of the Mirage Foot Soldiers. The Punk Turtles just didn't appeal to me for the price point (they didn't even get a commemorative box with a decorated flap).

I really love the Mirage figures, but I decided not to get them, simply because I have so much other Turtles stuff at this point, it's a rabbit hole I don't need to go down.

I did pick up the Casey pack in store a few weeks ago, and I do like it, but in a line that's stuck as close as possible to toon fidelity, it's up there with the original April in terms of inaccuracy. And of course it's a bummer about the paint not matching the original Casey figure. The Foot Soldier is even worse off, as that brighter purple sticks out like a sore thumb in a display.
Old 05-04-2024, 01:18 PM   #7450
TurtleManiac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post

Yeah, the Punk Turtles price of $160 is insane. That price scared me away the first time, then I saw it again at another store so I figured now or never, no way I’d wanna pay scalper prices if I decide I want it later on.

Haven’t opened my Pizza Club Turtles yet but seen some reviews complaining about the green skin tone being too dark. It does stand out a bit when posed next to previous releases. I wouldn’t mind so much if they came with more head sculpts, that’s my only real complaint about the Pizza Club Turtles, 2 of them look mad and 2 of them look happy. Should be both head sculpts included with each Turtle. Maybe we will get an ultimate 4-pak Turtles with all the headsculpts and accessories, and the correct green tone.
TurtleManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2024, 04:51 AM   #7451
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

since i got the year of the rabbit i'm good with not getting anything on this last drop.

"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
Old 05-10-2024, 05:04 PM   #7452
Tuxedo Moroboshi
Mad Scientist

I ended up getting Pizza Club Mikey so that I could use him for a custom. I'm... a bit annoyed, though. Turns out he's supposed to come with an apron and mine is missing it. Like... I wasn't gonna use the apron anyway, since this Mikey's gonna be for a custom figure, but... at the same time, this wasn't cheap, so it sucks to have missing stuff. And I could still have used the apron with my other NECA turtles and I already have the chef's hat. I'm not quite sure what to do...
Old 05-10-2024, 05:42 PM   #7453
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

pizza club mikey finally arrived a couple days ago... so I got all 4 pizza club turtles, punk turtles, the mirage ones, just about everything new except the updated B&R.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2024, 06:00 PM   #7454
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuxedo Moroboshi View Post
I ended up getting Pizza Club Mikey so that I could use him for a custom. I'm... a bit annoyed, though. Turns out he's supposed to come with an apron and mine is missing it. Like... I wasn't gonna use the apron anyway, since this Mikey's gonna be for a custom figure, but... at the same time, this wasn't cheap, so it sucks to have missing stuff. And I could still have used the apron with my other NECA turtles and I already have the chef's hat. I'm not quite sure what to do...
Double check the box, mine was taped to the fresh packet, and it's really thin so i at first thought it was the packet.

"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
Old 05-10-2024, 07:29 PM   #7455
Tuxedo Moroboshi
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewarrior20 View Post
Double check the box, mine was taped to the fresh packet, and it's really thin so i at first thought it was the packet.
Well... if that's the case, then I'm screwed. I saw what looked like an empty bag (except for the fresh packet) and threw it away already. Already took out the trash and waste management already came, so... that little bag is long gone.

I sure didn't see anything that resembled an apron, though. Just a clear plastic bag with a fresh packet inside, so unless I was completely blind and threw the apron away, I didn't get one. But I guess I can't rule out the possibility that I'm an idiot and did throw it away...
Old 05-10-2024, 09:18 PM   #7456
Y2Josh
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuxedo Moroboshi View Post
Well... if that's the case, then I'm screwed. I saw what looked like an empty bag (except for the fresh packet) and threw it away already. Already took out the trash and waste management already came, so... that little bag is long gone.

I sure didn't see anything that resembled an apron, though. Just a clear plastic bag with a fresh packet inside, so unless I was completely blind and threw the apron away, I didn't get one. But I guess I can't rule out the possibility that I'm an idiot and did throw it away...
You may want to reach out to customer service. They might tell you to kick rocks, but I've also seen some people say they're getting better.
Old 06-04-2024, 09:47 AM   #7457
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

Think it’ll be the Archie wrestlers and shredder throne for Comic-Con?
Old 06-05-2024, 08:18 AM   #7458
DonnieLaForge
Mad Scientist

Oh yeah, I totally forgot about that Shredder throne.
Old 06-25-2024, 07:20 PM   #7459
Dask
Mad Scientist

Oh no, April too!

https://www.instagram.com/p/C8qLRK5MSF1/
Dask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2024, 06:05 PM   #7460
mikey0
Foot Elite

Amazon has the Ultimate April O’ Neil: https://x.com/toybroreviews/status/1...7Ctwgr%5Etweet
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote