The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2019, 07:42 AM   #21
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist
 
go_ninja84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: st. clair MI
Posts: 2,231
i have to figure a way to get that pizza box set
go_ninja84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 10:44 AM   #22
eastlos217
Hench Mutant
 
eastlos217's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 273
yea, cool idea and i hope super7 expands this to the point where they release alot of tmnt figures in this scale, but for 75 i think i will pass. =/
eastlos217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 11:50 PM   #23
TMNTooze
Foot Soldier
 
TMNTooze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 168
Cool set but price is a bit much. Would rather see these on individual cardbacks since they could make for a cool design.
TMNTooze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 08:52 AM   #24
bwwd
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 292
Super7 wasted good opportunity, if theyre gonna pack their bags, this is the reason, they just release stuff people dont really want, we had enough of kiddie tmnt toys in the past, i thought they learned from he-man, their articulated filmation figs are nice but these turtles are a joke.
I was excited cause i thought they will do something similar with tmnt... oh well.
When they will learn SDCC and conventions ARE NOT FOR KIDS ! Its mostly grownups because of nostalgia so know your market, is it that hard ? Noone will buy this, maybe out of pity for super7.
__________________

Last edited by bwwd; 07-12-2019 at 08:57 AM.
bwwd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 09:43 AM   #25
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwwd View Post
Super7 wasted good opportunity, if theyre gonna pack their bags, this is the reason, they just release stuff people dont really want, we had enough of kiddie tmnt toys in the past, i thought they learned from he-man, their articulated filmation figs are nice but these turtles are a joke.
I was excited cause i thought they will do something similar with tmnt... oh well.
When they will learn SDCC and conventions ARE NOT FOR KIDS ! Its mostly grownups because of nostalgia so know your market, is it that hard ? Noone will buy this, maybe out of pity for super7.
ReAction seems to be doing fairly well considering how many figures they make in the line and the licenses they have for it, some of the pretty out there. And it is riding on Nostalgia with the Kenner design. Just cause it's not for you doesn't mean it's not popular.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 10:18 AM   #26
mikey see
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,096
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwwd View Post
Super7 wasted good opportunity, if theyre gonna pack their bags, this is the reason, they just release stuff people dont really want, we had enough of kiddie tmnt toys in the past, i thought they learned from he-man, their articulated filmation figs are nice but these turtles are a joke.
I was excited cause i thought they will do something similar with tmnt... oh well.
When they will learn SDCC and conventions ARE NOT FOR KIDS ! Its mostly grownups because of nostalgia so know your market, is it that hard ? Noone will buy this, maybe out of pity for super7.
I think you're confusing your own personal opinions with fact. People definitely do want ReAction figures as evidenced by the 100s of figures that they've already released. And if you think ReAction figures are made for kids you're once again mistaken. They're a pure nostalgia grab for adults that grew up in the 70s and 80s.

And finally, as has been pointed out a number of times already, this is not THE turtles line that Super7 is releasing, it's only one of them. They've got a ReAction line for MOTU and they've got the Classics line. TMNT will almost definitely be the same. Wait a week and see.
mikey see is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 10:27 AM   #27
bwwd
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 292
might be, its just not for me, theyre too primitive for 2019, id be embarrassed to buy this for my kid today.
I just wished they do some more complex tmnt's , but it wasnt even announce worthy if thats what they do with the license IMO, looks like any other boogleg tmnt figs for kids.
__________________
bwwd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 10:30 AM   #28
mikey see
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,096
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwwd View Post
might be, its just not for me, theyre too primitive for 2019, id be embarrassed to buy this for my kid today.
I just wished they do some more complex tmnt's , but it wasnt even announce worthy if thats what they do with the license IMO, looks like any other boogleg tmnt figs for kids.
They're going to do a MOTUC-style line, I'd bet money on it. Look at the Toxic Crusader figure they released, it looks fantastic. We'll get our cool new vintage line, don't worry.
mikey see is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 01:11 PM   #29
bwwd
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 292
yeah that toxie was the reason i set expectations high but i hope its not the end from them, i still think they should of start by hitting it hard.I hope they wont lose $.
I dont know if tmnt is still big among the kids today i suspect it isnt similar like old cartoons from 70s werent popular in 90s.
__________________
bwwd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 01:35 PM   #30
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,838
Why do you keep referencing kids when these are all adult aimed collectibles cashing in on nostalgia specific designs?
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 02:17 PM   #31
DonnieLaForge
Mad Scientist
 
DonnieLaForge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Secret Sewer Lair
Posts: 1,033
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey see View Post
They're going to do a MOTUC-style line, I'd bet money on it. Look at the Toxic Crusader figure they released, it looks fantastic. We'll get our cool new vintage line, don't worry.
You are right, but my wallet is hoping you are wrong.
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 03:12 PM   #32
bwwd
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 292
Powder because designs are crappy and simplified, toxie is great tho.
For me if figure doesnt have articulated knees and elbows then its for babies who eat toys.
__________________
bwwd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 03:47 PM   #33
mikey see
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,096
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieLaForge View Post
You are right, but my wallet is hoping you are wrong.
I think I'm there with you. There are probably 50 vintage figures I'd love to see re-imagined and at $35 apiece... ouch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwwd View Post
Powder because designs are crappy and simplified, toxie is great tho.
For me if figure doesnt have articulated knees and elbows then its for babies who eat toys.
My vintage Star Wars, TMNT, MOTU, and Battle Beast collections beg to differ. I feel like you maybe grew up post-2000?
mikey see is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 04:07 PM   #34
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,838
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwwd View Post
Powder because designs are crappy and simplified, toxie is great tho.
For me if figure doesnt have articulated knees and elbows then its for babies who eat toys.
I can see your logic, but I don't really think it's fair to say that articulation is the lynch-pin of what makes a collectible "adult". Of course it's a subjective thing, but c'mon, simplicity in design is nothing exclusive to kids toys. There are whole niches of vinyl/resin/plastic figurines that have little to no movement & an almost entire adult demographic, like sofubi collecting. Some folks prefer an un-segmented sculpt, or retro aesthetics, that's perfectly valid.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 09:59 PM   #35
teemu
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: USA
Posts: 918
give me a casey jones reaction
teemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 01:45 AM   #36
bwwd
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 292
Maybe cause i had these old star wars figs in the same style and disliked their simplicity and stiff design as a kid, i was born in 80s.
I think its made for these guys who have all those old sw figs that others and me threw away and are excited to have other ones from other franchises.
But im just regular guy who does not collect figures, i have some tmnt and he-man , one iron man, spidey,deadpool but i realize those figures are standing untouched for weeks most of the time so its like expensive decoration for
your room, its nice to have some but to collect like others is too much for me, waste of room space and money, you just dont play with the figures that much unless you have kids over 3 years old.It is the reality, but excitement to own them when theyre announced is there, it fades away after awhile but i still care for the figures to be in good shape.
__________________

Last edited by bwwd; 07-13-2019 at 01:56 AM.
bwwd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 12:08 AM   #37
cloud
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 737
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwwd View Post
Powder because designs are crappy and simplified, toxie is great tho.
For me if figure doesnt have articulated knees and elbows then its for babies who eat toys.
It's a simplified sculpt to pay homage to the toys kids in the 80s/90s grew up with. it's done on purpose. It even resembles the Playmates vintage toys.

Again, just because it's not what you want doesn't mean it's crappy. Apparently there is a market for simple toys. Just look at how much Funko Pops are out there.

Just wait until Super7 shows off their Classic line. They said 7" TMNT figures are coming. The only thing is it's probably 30bucks + shipping.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 09:24 AM   #38
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist
 
Sabacooza's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,992
Personally, I think figures with lots of joints can look as ugly as ****. It ends up ruining the sculpt making them look like a robot.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 06:58 AM   #39
Swaynomics930
Foot Soldier
 
Swaynomics930's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: IL
Posts: 185
I'm all for this reaction series. Might actually keep on card
Swaynomics930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 08:57 AM   #40
Mr Salk
Thug
 
Mr Salk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 71
Super7 is bankruptcy bait.
Mr Salk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.