The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 12-15-2023, 02:41 PM   #61
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Frogman's finds restocked earlier today. I can vouch for them, as I have ordered through them. They are currently OUT OF STOCK but you can check back if you want

https://frogmansfinds.com/shop/in-stock

They should go up on amazon and other stores sometime between now and the first week of Jan, maybe new year's eve even.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2023, 06:44 PM   #62
Powder
40 Years of TMNT

These aren't for me as I'm not a He-Man fan in the first place, but they feel pretty "off". It's like, every last limb, head/face, accessory, all parts are sculpted very well! But... said parts don't look like they belong together. The proportions are super wonky for the TMNT side of things. Part of that is the style, to be sure, but I've seen it translate a lot better in fan-made figures that combined the two concepts.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2023, 08:24 PM   #63
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
These aren't for me as I'm not a He-Man fan in the first place, but they feel pretty "off". It's like, every last limb, head/face, accessory, all parts are sculpted very well! But... said parts don't look like they belong together. The proportions are super wonky for the TMNT side of things. Part of that is the style, to be sure, but I've seen it translate a lot better in fan-made figures that combined the two concepts.
Makes me wonder if there will be a counter line done in some kind of "Playmates Style" called "Masters of the Mutants" or something like that.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2023, 09:10 PM   #64
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

part of the reason the figures look the way they do is that the figures are modular. you can take the figure completely apart. All of the limbs come off, and the torso detaches. It's intended in the design. That's part of why we get kinda strange things like the turtles being able to take off their Shell and use it as a shield, or how their waist looks kinda slender compared to what you expect a Ninja Turtle to have (including them even wearing trunks... lol)

It's not gonna be for everyone. But great for fans of the Origins toy line IMO.
Old 12-16-2023, 08:28 AM   #65
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
part of the reason the figures look the way they do is that the figures are modular.
Well.... I mean.... you can make a figure out of any art direction and proportion and make it modular. I think the reason they look the way they do is because they are following the Origins design-direction, not necessarily because they are modular like Origins.
Old 12-21-2023, 11:06 AM   #66
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Old 01-01-2024, 03:57 AM   #67
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Wave 1 is now on amazon (leo currently sold out.) Also on EE, BBTS, etc.

Wave 2 can be pre-ordered on bbts, so far that's the only site that has them that I saw.
Old 01-02-2024, 02:43 PM   #68
DonnieLaForge
Mad Scientist

If they had done this 10 years ago, when I was in my early 30's, they'd have gotten all of my money as I would have been head-first into the entire line.

In my early 40's, I'm afraid that ship has sailed and they're getting no money from me.

And given that MOTU fans skew slightly older than TMNT fans do, by 2-5 years, I imagine the ship has sailed for many MOTU fans as well.

Would have been fun, but my toy box is full now and soon enough I'll be leaving for "college" (the nursing home) and my "mom" (children) will be fire-selling my toys at a garage sale just like happened 25 years (a quarter century) ago.
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2024, 06:29 PM   #69
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieLaForge View Post
If they had done this 10 years ago, when I was in my early 30's, they'd have gotten all of my money as I would have been head-first into the entire line.

In my early 40's, I'm afraid that ship has sailed and they're getting no money from me.

And given that MOTU fans skew slightly older than TMNT fans do, by 2-5 years, I imagine the ship has sailed for many MOTU fans as well.

Would have been fun, but my toy box is full now and soon enough I'll be leaving for "college" (the nursing home) and my "mom" (children) will be fire-selling my toys at a garage sale just like happened 25 years (a quarter century) ago.
I sold my vintage MOTU stuff all the way back in 2000 or so and never looked back. But then the hype bug for the MOTUO stuff bit me and it just felt like fun for toys again as opposed to the boutique culture.

And I was putting together a valid MOTU O collection for a while - Unpunched MOC examples in clamshell cases and loose figures. But now the last few waves I'm done with buying doubles.

I buy them and keep them MOC or I open them, but not two. I haven't decided what to do with these yet. But I have to say that the MIB NECA TMNT and the Mattel MOTUO stuff I have is taking up a lot of storage space now. A Lot.
Old 01-03-2024, 06:57 AM   #70
mikey see
Mad Scientist

I've actually seen more enthusiasm for these from MOTU collectors than TMNT fans (though both seem quite excited). I think they're hitting pretty hard on both fronts.

Having said that, I'm not jumping in with both feet either. They're just not doing it for me even though I have a rather large MOTUO collection and TMNT is my jam. I'll watch Amazon for sales and will likely pick up at least one of the turtles to check out but that might be it.

Admittedly, it's a relief to have little to no interest in a new line that's targeted at me.
mikey see is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2024, 11:18 AM   #71
mikey0
Foot Elite

Mouse-Jaw is showing up at some Target stores: https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/...7Ctwgr%5Etweet
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2024, 10:27 PM   #72
BlueKatana
Stone Warrior

Saw Mouse-Jaw at Target today, and when I got home my Leonardo and He-Man arrived from Entertainment Earth.
Old 01-12-2024, 08:57 AM   #73
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Old 01-15-2024, 08:58 AM   #74
Swaynomics930
Foot Soldier

Picked up Leo, Donnie, and Mouse-Jaw. Not a MOTU collector, but I do have a scareglow I am a sucker for glow in the dark. After getting the 3 I kinda want to get some og characters from MOTU. I think a regular he man would love dope on display with this new collab
Swaynomics930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2024, 12:02 AM   #75
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

If you want a regular he-man the new toon collection version is hitting now.
Old 01-16-2024, 09:48 AM   #76
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
If you want a regular he-man the new toon collection version is hitting now.
Only two of the toon figures have shipped from BBTS - He-Man and Beast Man. But based on those two alone I have to say they look amazing. I'm sure there is an argument to be made from hard core He-Man guys (I'm into the line but I'm a tourist, I'm not hard core) that something about them is wrong.

But I have to say man, those toon figures look so good that they are basically the He-Man toys we wanted as kids. And although I don't like 20 bucks for an action figure, given what Mattel delivered on I have zero complaints in this boutique-toy environment.

I am actually concerned that these filmation toys are so desirable that they will snuff out any interest in the standard origins line that doesn't follow the Flimation art-direction.
Old 01-16-2024, 04:40 PM   #77
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
Only two of the toon figures have shipped from BBTS - He-Man and Beast Man. But based on those two alone I have to say they look amazing. I'm sure there is an argument to be made from hard core He-Man guys (I'm into the line but I'm a tourist, I'm not hard core) that something about them is wrong.

But I have to say man, those toon figures look so good that they are basically the He-Man toys we wanted as kids. And although I don't like 20 bucks for an action figure, given what Mattel delivered on I have zero complaints in this boutique-toy environment.

I am actually concerned that these filmation toys are so desirable that they will snuff out any interest in the standard origins line that doesn't follow the Flimation art-direction.
https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/t...130838077.html

$20 will seem like a bargain a few years down the road. I mean, we're heading into territory where toys are basically aimed at collectors now as opposed to kids, given how expensive they are and how expensive they will continue to become.
I Crave Pizza No More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2024, 06:05 PM   #78
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Crave Pizza No More View Post
https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/t...130838077.html

$20 will seem like a bargain a few years down the road. I mean, we're heading into territory where toys are basically aimed at collectors now as opposed to kids, given how expensive they are and how expensive they will continue to become.
Absolutely agreed - I've been pointing that out here routinely for years. This is why I refer to it as the "boutique toy market", although I'm not entirely sure if anyone here actually understands what I'm illustrating when I say it.

That linked article went right to it - as I read the headline, the first thing I thought was "India". A few paragraphs in... "India".

Honestly, when 3-D printing becomes a household norm, toy companies aren't even going to make toys anymore. They'll sell you a schematic online and you make it at home.
Old 01-18-2024, 04:21 PM   #79
mikey0
Foot Elite

Sla’ker: https://toynewsi.com/241-51296
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2024, 04:48 PM   #80
IMJ
Emperor

I feel like I'm going to be stuck in a situation where I never find the Krang or Trap Jaw at retail....