The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 02-21-2020, 02:17 PM   #41
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Pratt compares this one to how Avengers Endgame brought "everyone together," and reconfirming how it has everyone from all of the movies again:

https://www.darkhorizons.com/pratt-t...c-world-shoot/
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 02:21 PM   #42
CyberCubed
Overlord

Hopefully it’s not just brief scenes or cameos like Jeff Goldblum was in the second. Laura Dern looks very good for someone who is now 30 years older than she was in 1993
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 03:09 PM   #43
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Hopefully it’s not just brief scenes or cameos like Jeff Goldblum was in the second.
Yeah, his whole part was in the trailer.
Old 02-21-2020, 03:16 PM   #44
IMJ
Emperor

Definitely excited and glad for more continuity connections. I've really enjoyed the last two flicks, although it was less fun once they got to the mansion in part 2. Always loved Dr. Grant.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 05:42 PM   #45
CyberCubed
Overlord

Also when he says we're bringing "everyone back" I hope he doesn't mean, everyone. All we really need is the original 3 from Jurassic Park 1, the 3 everyone loves and remembers.

Not Jeff's black daughter from Lost World (when I was a kid I couldn't understand why he had a black daughter, remember this is back in 1997 or whatever it was, lol forced diversity in 1997 of all times), or the couple from Jurassic Park III which really aren't worth revisiting.

Just Sam, Laura Dern, and Jeff.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 05:48 PM   #46
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

You wouldn't want to see William H. Macy back?
Old 02-21-2020, 06:33 PM   #47
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
You wouldn't want to see William H. Macy back?
The should clone Richard Attenborough for this movie. It would be fitting.

What? -shrugs-
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 06:10 PM   #48
sdp
Megan Fox = April

We have confirmed Dr. Grant, Dr. Sattler, Dr. Malcolm in major roles, so not just cameos, they have a big part in the movie. We also have confirmed the two new characters from Fallen Kingdom and two supporting characters from JW. Sadly no one from TLW or JP/// have been confirmed.

And yes we do need those characters back, besides throwaway lines as to why they don't go to Sorna, we haven't gotten any real references to the previous sequels despite Colin Trevorrow stating they're 100% canon. Yes, I do want to see Kelly and the Kirby's again even if just a brief cameo.

As far as the leaked plot for JW3:
Spoiler:
Ellie finds out about how some Dinosaur poachers kidnapped the cloned girl from Fallen Kingdom so she and Alan go look for her and get the help of Claire/Owen.

We've had a short film of dinosaurs living in the mainland out on youtube called Battle at Big Rock as well as three motion comics depicting how life is now in the normal world with dinosaurs[/YOUTUBE]. Also the CG animated series Camp Cretaceous comes out in August which takes place during the events of JW. There's also a Lego Jurassic World show which is not canon and mostly comedy.

Just filling in the new
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 04:24 PM   #49
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Jurassic World 3 is officially titled. Jurassic World: Dominion
https://deadline.com/2020/02/jurassi...ed-1202868096/

Old 02-25-2020, 04:37 PM   #50
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Solid title, really. If anything, it'd be nicer as "Jurassic Dominion."
Old 02-25-2020, 07:24 PM   #51
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Yeah, I wish this hadn't been the "Jurassic World" trilogy but the "Jurassic" trilogy, you know, Jurassic World, Jurassic Kingdom, Jurassic Dominion. Whatever, still excited some stuff we know:

This is an ending for the past 6 Jurassic Park movies. Not necessarily the last Jurassic Park movie in this continuity (). Kinda wish this continuity could end to get a real reboot based on the books.
Old 02-26-2020, 05:06 AM   #52
Egon1982
Hench Mutant

Personally i thought part 2 of Jurassic World was better than the first as it has some practical effects, better characters and more enjoyment.
Egon1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 10:55 AM   #53
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Yeah, I wish this hadn't been the "Jurassic World" trilogy but the "Jurassic" trilogy, you know, Jurassic World, Jurassic Kingdom, Jurassic Dominion. Whatever, still excited some stuff we know:

This is an ending for the past 6 Jurassic Park movies. Not necessarily the last Jurassic Park movie in this continuity (). Kinda wish this continuity could end to get a real reboot based on the books.
Enough with reboots. **** them.
If anything I respect THIS decision to stick to the same continuity.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 02:56 PM   #54
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

I'm looking forward to it. Now that the Dinosaurs are out in the wild. all sorts of crazy stuff will happen. People getting random attacks from Dinosaurs out there.
Old 02-26-2020, 10:15 PM   #55
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I'm not crazy for dinosaurs in the mainland but it was alluded to in the original, shown in the second one, cliffhanted in the third, hinted in the fourth, and actually done in the fifth one so I guess it was inevitable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
Enough with reboots. **** them.
If anything I respect THIS decision to stick to the same continuity.
This timeline has done everything it can do, I love JP and I love this continuity but I'd rather it end and have a movie based on the actual book.
Old 02-26-2020, 10:23 PM   #56
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
This timeline has done everything it can do, I love JP and I love this continuity but I'd rather it end and have a movie based on the actual book.
I'd normally agree with Sumac but you're right, with this franchise. To go any further and just... what, more random pockets of dinosaurs spread out in the world somehow? There's no way they can do another park. Maybe dust off the old genetically engineered, militarized dinosaur idea? Eh, no, they've done about all they can. All they can do is a full reboot in a while and a closer adaptation of the original novel isn't a bad idea.
Old 02-27-2020, 08:37 AM   #57
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I'd normally agree with Sumac but you're right, with this franchise. To go any further and just... what, more random pockets of dinosaurs spread out in the world somehow? There's no way they can do another park. Maybe dust off the old genetically engineered, militarized dinosaur idea? Eh, no, they've done about all they can. All they can do is a full reboot in a while and a closer adaptation of the original novel isn't a bad idea.
I think they can move forward without relying on "small pockets of dinosaurs" or "militarized dinosaurs". So far they'e made a pretty decent job with it.

Quote:
I don't see it. There is always the way to continue story.

Last edited by Sumac; 02-27-2020 at 05:05 PM.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 11:01 AM   #58
frank_one
Mad Scientist

A reboot based on the books? I wouldn't be willing to see that.
The first book by Crichton has been already developed as a movie by Spielberg and is a masterpiece. Do you really want a second attempt at that? Is there someone out there really thinking Spielberg's version is not good enough? Isn't the fact that we are here talking about the Jurassic Park franchise after 27 years a sufficient evidence of how good the first movie by Spielberg was? I know, the novel has some differences, a different tone, but I don't think it is something so important, I don't think the movie deserves to be rebooted just for that.
The second book by Crichton? Ok, the movie adaptation was very different from the novel and was not perfect. But was the book better than the movie? No, it wasn't! The Lost World by Crichton is boring and it adds nothing to the story, nothing that wasn't already in the first novel, it is just a vague tribute to Conan Doyle's The Lost World (great book!) with some of the characters of Jurassic Park in it. That's why the movie is different from the novel, it had to be different.
So, do we really need a reboot closer to the novels? I don't think so.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 06:33 PM   #59
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
I think they can move forward without relying on "small pockets of dinosaurs" or "militarized dinosaurs". So far they'e made a pretty decent job with it.

I don't see it. There is always the way to continue story.

Don't get me wrong, to me a world where dinosaurs exist can have tons of movies being made in it. However look at the JP movies, each sequel needs to have something "bigger", you can't do that forever and keep it not be ridiculous, remember when JP4 would have human/raptor hybrids?

That's where we'll end up again if we continue this continuity. I mean smaller scale stories would be awesome but it's not happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_one View Post
A reboot based on the books? I wouldn't be willing to see that.
The first book by Crichton has been already developed as a movie by Spielberg and is a masterpiece. Do you really want a second attempt at that? Is there someone out there really thinking Spielberg's version is not good enough? Isn't the fact that we are here talking about the Jurassic Park franchise after 27 years a sufficient evidence of how good the first movie by Spielberg was? I know, the novel has some differences, a different tone, but I don't think it is something so important, I don't think the movie deserves to be rebooted just for that.
The second book by Crichton? Ok, the movie adaptation was very different from the novel and was not perfect. But was the book better than the movie? No, it wasn't! The Lost World by Crichton is boring and it adds nothing to the story, nothing that wasn't already in the first novel, it is just a vague tribute to Conan Doyle's The Lost World (great book!) with some of the characters of Jurassic Park in it. That's why the movie is different from the novel, it had to be different.
So, do we really need a reboot closer to the novels? I don't think so.
The movies have Spielberg magic and that makes them better than the books, the books are different but it's an interesting take. The only way to redo JP is to be like the books which is very different, a remake similar to Spielberg's take will only be a downgrade.
Old 03-11-2020, 10:21 PM   #60
Voltron
Handsomest Boy in School

I just hope they don't ram their liberal agenda down our throats like they did with the first movie.

All the dinosaurs were getting a sex change? Real believable. Thanks, Obama.