The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 07-17-2017, 11:18 PM   #41
Toitlefan
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
PL is 63 right now, if he doesn't finish Volume 4 within say the next 5 years it's never going to happen.

You really think he's going to bother when he's 70? I don't know much about the comic industry, but how many 70+ year old writers are there who put out new material?
Stan Lee has got over 30 years on Peter. I don't know how much writing he's doing but he's still heavily active in the industry. I know he's an exception but he's proof enough.
You never know, maybe Peter will make a Stan Lee-esque comeback!
Toitlefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 02:01 AM   #42
Nortock Diab
Hench Mutant

These news are promising (even if not much is said).

Plus, we learn the Origin campaign starts in just a few days.

Being back from holidays is not that bad .
Nortock Diab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 06:48 AM   #43
FearlessLeader
Mad Scientist

Quote:
PL is 63 right now, if he doesn't finish Volume 4 within say the next 5 years it's never going to happen.

You really think he's going to bother when he's 70? I don't know much about the comic industry, but how many 70+ year old writers are there who put out new material?
Everything hinges on Peter's health and how he maintains his health for the later part of his life. Saying someone won't do something just because they are a certain age is silly and actually age discrimination.

I am certain if we looked at the grand scope of the comic industry and people everywhere, if it was their passion more older people would publish comics. The problem is I'm guessing most companies don't want to hire people 60+ to work for them when they have ready and waiting 20/ 30 year olds to do so.

The thing about volume 4 is Peter and Mirage is doing the whole thing so he's in no rush. He can write it according to his moods and his passion so no corporate big wig will be telling him no just because he's "too old".

It's really just going to depend on how Peter feels as the years go on and if this is a project he can see himself undertaking. All of which is anyone's guess but this news makes me happy! I love volume 4 and have been waiting for anything about how they might conclude it.

I don't think I'll ever really feel completely good about the sale (even with enjoying the newer media) until we get this conclusion because that universe still feels very incomplete to me personally.

Artwork by Jim Lawson
FearlessLeader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 09:21 AM   #44
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

Hopefully, Peter can come back soon with that quote. I'm curious what he has in mind.
Old 07-18-2017, 10:08 AM   #45
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toitlefan View Post
Stan Lee has got over 30 years on Peter. I don't know how much writing he's doing but he's still heavily active in the industry.
We all know that he's not creatively, actively involved in much of anything, and hasn't been for a long time.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 11:46 AM   #46
CyberCubed
Overlord

You know it's hard to believe PL was only 46 years old in 2001 when he started Volume 4. For some reason I thought he was already in his 50's but he wasn't. Probably because he always looked older than he was at the time (PL has looked the same for like 20 years now), so he obviously had a lot more energy and enthusiasm in his 40's than he does now.

2001 was over 15 years ago after all. It really puts into perspective how young most of us all were back then. Some of us have been waiting our entire late teens, entire 20's, and early 30's for this series to reach it's conclusion. It's absolutely bizarre a young teen can become a fully grown adult in the same span Volume 4 was going on.

I was only in 10th grade in High School back then, lol.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 02:45 PM   #47
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
We all know that he's not creatively, actively involved in much of anything, and hasn't been for a long time.
Yeah, definitely not. He's written small back-up shorts and an occasional one shot, usually on special occasions, but even that's sparing. He hasn't done much in twenty to thirty years. I think he can barely see anymore; I remember him saying in recent years he can't really read comics anymore because his eyesight is so bad.

Stan Lee's been a beloved... mascot might be the best term, or simply public figure for Marvel, for about two decades now, I'd say.
Old 07-18-2017, 04:03 PM   #48
Powder
So tired of this place

I know better than to get my hopes up.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 04:04 PM   #49
MrPliggins
Foot Elite

Anyone who thinks 63 is old in a creative field should read this article on the 99u:

http://99u.com/articles/54991/a-driv...-license-never
MrPliggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 04:06 PM   #50
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Ridley Scott is 79 and he's still putting out movies like Prometheus and Alien: Cove...

Oh.
Old 07-18-2017, 04:21 PM   #51
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Ridley Scott is 79 and he's still putting out movies like Prometheus and Alien: Cove...

Oh.
Ha!

It's still impressive though.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 04:55 PM   #52
myconius
Abby Normal

Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
Rembrandt, Da Vinci and Michelangelo's art only got better as they got older.
Old 07-18-2017, 05:06 PM   #53
ToTheNines
[sic]

DKIII is probably my favorite Frank Miller story ever. Scorsese still has it. Ken Kesey's last novel was great. I could go on.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 05:14 PM   #54
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
DKIII is probably my favorite Frank Miller story ever.
He barely had anything to do with that.
Old 07-18-2017, 05:37 PM   #55
ToTheNines
[sic]

I didn't really investigate how much heavy lifting he did versus Azzerello, but you can clearly see his fingerprints on it. The shorts he did for each issue were all awesome.
Old 07-18-2017, 05:46 PM   #56
myconius
Abby Normal

Quote:
DKIII is probably my favorite Frank Miller story ever.
was that any decent?
i passed on it as it came out when i was phasing out DC from my pull-list.
though i might consider possibly getting the collected edition?
Old 07-18-2017, 05:49 PM   #57
Optimus Primer
Foot Soldier

Quote:
You know it's hard to believe PL was only 46 years old in 2001 when he started Volume 4. For some reason I thought he was already in his 50's but he wasn't. Probably because he always looked older than he was at the time (PL has looked the same for like 20 years now), so he obviously had a lot more energy and enthusiasm in his 40's than he does now.

2001 was over 15 years ago after all. It really puts into perspective how young most of us all were back then. Some of us have been waiting our entire late teens, entire 20's, and early 30's for this series to reach it's conclusion. It's absolutely bizarre a young teen can become a fully grown adult in the same span Volume 4 was going on.

I was only in 10th grade in High School back then, lol.
How is that hard to believe? Time passes, and people get older.

Anyway, I hope Pete will finish Vol. 4. Good to hear he's still thinking about it, and hasn't given up.
Optimus Primer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 06:20 PM   #58
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Quote:
I didn't really investigate how much heavy lifting he did versus Azzerello, but you can clearly see his fingerprints on it. The shorts he did for each issue were all awesome.
I personally suspect a lot of lifting on Azzarellos end. I've read most of Millers meager output since the aughts started, much of it out of morbid curiosity. "Questionable" is the nicest way I can put it.

That said, I stick up for that issue of ASB&R where Batman painted everything yellow to get one up on Green Lantern. Intentional or not - I'm betting no, given how it tried to get serious by the end - it made me laugh. I'm still hoping to get an opportunity to say "damn your lemonade" in context sometime.

Quote:
was that any decent?
It's supposed to be pretty good. Brian Azzarello co-writes it and it has Andy Kubert and Klaus Janson on art. Kubert interiors are rare enough these days that I might actually look it up in trade on that alone.
Old 07-18-2017, 07:05 PM   #59
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by myconius View Post
was that any decent?
i passed on it as it came out when i was phasing out DC from my pull-list.
though i might consider possibly getting the collected edition?
It's a must-read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dl316bh View Post
I personally suspect a lot of lifting on Azzarellos end. I've read most of Millers meager output since the aughts started, much of it out of morbid curiosity. "Questionable" is the nicest way I can put it.

That said, I stick up for that issue of ASB&R where Batman painted everything yellow to get one up on Green Lantern. Intentional or not - I'm betting no, given how it tried to get serious by the end - it made me laugh. I'm still hoping to get an opportunity to say "damn your lemonade" in context sometime.

It's supposed to be pretty good. Brian Azzarello co-writes it and it has Andy Kubert and Klaus Janson on art. Kubert interiors are rare enough these days that I might actually look it up in trade on that alone.
Oh, he's definitely written a lot of trash in recent years. Maybe I'm just being a fanboy, but I'm calling it a return to greatness.
Old 07-18-2017, 07:20 PM   #60
myconius
Abby Normal

Quote:
It's a must-read.
thanks Nines