The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 07-21-2021, 04:38 AM   #41
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
True... though the fact that they ignored Andy's story (and it wasn't JUST Andy's story, think about that whole family in 2 and the teacher and such) and went back into production willy nilly in 3 (and then after 3 all the press about everyone talking about a Chucky doll massacring a whole boot camp?)... do you think that makes it more or less likely that they would try it again a third time? There's no way.
You’re right. Like I mentioned there’s still ongoing killings with Bride - Cult that involve the doll.

Quote:
It's kind of like the Jurassic Park/World thing. That they'd reopen the park years later and just slightly change the name was pretty unlikely (like, who on earth is going to insure that park?)... OK, fine. But would they reopen it AGAIN?
This actually fits because the original park never opened and thinking they could rebuild it better/safer makes sense. It’s only been in business once. I forgot how long. If it was real I’m sure a ton of people would go too. At least one time.

Quote:
Eh. I guess so. I just don't think anyone's particularly chomping at the bit to see that.

I guess it'd be kind of neat if in a future Chucky movie or episode we get, like, the equivalent of Godzilla swatting away/killing "Zilla," in a 20 second scene.
Ya it wasn’t that popular. I wouldn’t mind seeing a sequel but some think it’ll never happen now because Amazon bought MGM.
Old 07-28-2021, 09:20 AM   #42
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Surprised no one put the trailer in here

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 10:38 PM   #43
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Ya I saw it the other day. Kind of odd that the last 2 movies didn’t have as good a budget that this seems to have. Well Curse was fine but Cult had a noticeable dip in production value.
Old 10-12-2021, 12:39 PM   #44
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Comes out tonight!
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 12:56 PM   #45
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Man, poor timing for Jon Gruden... now the show won't get any NFL crossover exposure for when the announcers would inevitably refer to him as "Chucky."

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 02:32 PM   #46
newfan
Mad Scientist

I don't think it's airing in my country yet, need to keep an eye out for when and which channel. I'll read spoilers/reviews here, see how it goes down with people.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 10:44 PM   #47
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Episode 1 was really good. Not much to say since it just setup everything.

Spoiler:
We learn Charles Lee Ray’s parents were killed. Maybe by him, just a guess. It does not really imply that.
Old 10-13-2021, 02:14 AM   #48
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

It was OK. A little slower than I was expecting. Basically the setup is Chucky is to be the lethal enforcer of a troubled gay teenager. I mean, sure. Why not.
Old 10-13-2021, 08:59 AM   #49
cammy85
Stone Warrior

Dang!! This means Canada will be a week behind just like Canadian Netflix used to do with Black Lightning before scrapping the weekly airings.
cammy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 03:38 PM   #50
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Not bad, look forward to catching the next and actually having more interaction, less of the lifeless doll act, and getting a better feel for it then.

Spoiler:
So the little sister of the high school b*tch quite enjoyed her sister being shamed on stage...though her mother staring at her from the next seat felt awkward, like she was rather enjoying that her younger daughter was enjoying it, which is kinda unsettling.

Looks like the kid that was with Chucky in some of the ads, so if anyone really does buy him I'm guessing it's that woman.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 09:31 AM   #51
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Apparently this season is only 8 episodes, and

Spoiler:
Glen/Glenda was referenced in episode 2

Old 10-20-2021, 02:58 PM   #52
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Only 8? Even shorter than I feared it might be.

Second ep wasn't bad, I liked that there is more interaction now with the main kid and Chucky. At the moment, more or less one of those shows that I could take it or leave it, so not spectacular, but it's a decent enough watch so far.

The dynamic of that family of that awful girl confuses me though. She behaves like someone who was the spoiled brat favorite, yet the mother seems to favor the younger one...who otherwise seems ignored and doesn't really interact with her family much.
Spoiler:
Is the younger one going to turn into a killer though?

Liked the scene of her and Chucky playing video games. Though it seems like Chucky has sort of calmed down and become more choosy about who he murders... Possibly preferring to maybe guide a next generation of killers?

In the bedroom of the boy who "owns" him, when Chucky was prompting him to man up and kill someone, I was sort of hoping the kid would inform Chucky of the fact that it's easy for him so say, given that no one is going to put a doll in prison.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 09:08 AM   #53
The Deadman
Foot Elite

I saw a few people on social media say it was 8 and then one of the tv tracking apps I have say there's 10 so who knows.

Old 10-22-2021, 03:05 PM   #54
Leo656
The Franchise

According to Wikipedia, eight episodes were written for the first Season.

For some reason it was a lot harder to find that information than it ought to be. Like it was buried really deep in the article about the show. Weird.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 01:17 AM   #55
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

All the way on episode 5 now. It's a real snorer. And cheap-ish.
Old 11-15-2021, 02:37 AM   #56
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Whaaa?! Snorer and cheap? Haha.

I think it’s been really good. I like the characters. I find their lives interesting and Chucky is the same. I love seeing the flashbacks of how Charles Lee Ray grew up and met old characters.

How is it cheap? It’s definitely better than Cult. I liked Cult but the effects clearly took a hit. It’s the only one I feel was noticeably DTV.

I’ve seen mostly positive feedback but also some complaints about the characters and it taking too long for Andy and Kyle to show up.

If that’s all you want to see you’re not going to enjoy it. The new characters matter too. They’re now part of Chucky’s on going legend.
Old 11-15-2021, 12:00 PM   #57
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
Whaaa?! Snorer and cheap? Haha.

I think it’s been really good. I like the characters. I find their lives interesting and Chucky is the same. I love seeing the flashbacks of how Charles Lee Ray grew up and met old characters.

How is it cheap? It’s definitely better than Cult. I liked Cult but the effects clearly took a hit. It’s the only one I feel was noticeably DTV.

I’ve seen mostly positive feedback but also some complaints about the characters and it taking too long for Andy and Kyle to show up.

If that’s all you want to see you’re not going to enjoy it. The new characters matter too. They’re now part of Chucky’s on going legend.
I guess it all depends on whenever they make another movie and choose to either acknowledge or ignore the tv show.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 12:03 PM   #58
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
How is it cheap?
Look at Chucky killing the kid in the 4th episode. That's easily the most embarrassing looking Chucky killing in the whole franchise. I don't know if they had a puppeteering problem or what, but when he's stabbing the kid on the 2nd floor in what looks like slow motion... truly awful stuff.
Old 11-15-2021, 09:32 PM   #59
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
I guess it all depends on whenever they make another movie and choose to either acknowledge or ignore the tv show.
I extremely doubt Don Mancini will ignore any part at this point. It’s become a “how long can this keep going?” kind of thing. Especially after the remake that he was not happy about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Look at Chucky killing the kid in the 4th episode. That's easily the most embarrassing looking Chucky killing in the whole franchise. I don't know if they had a puppeteering problem or what, but when he's stabbing the kid on the 2nd floor in what looks like slow motion... truly awful stuff.
I rewatched it on DVR and the actual stabbing does seem off. It’s not that deep and is to the side of the body. If this is what you mean. It’s not on camera very long. The slow motion is intentional.

There are moments Chucky seems a bit “puppet-y” and hollow. Like not 100% convincing (compared to the theatrical movies) but it’s not a big deal imo. The behind the scenes show he’s literally a puppet attached to rods that people move so that’s why it comes off this way.
Old 11-16-2021, 09:52 AM   #60
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
I rewatched it on DVR and the actual stabbing does seem off. It’s not that deep and is to the side of the body. If this is what you mean. It’s not on camera very long. The slow motion is intentional.
That's what I mean. Though I think it returns to that stabbing at least 2-3 times.

Quote:
There are moments Chucky seems a bit “puppet-y” and hollow. Like not 100% convincing (compared to the theatrical movies) but it’s not a big deal imo. The behind the scenes show he’s literally a puppet attached to rods that people move so that’s why it comes off this way.
I appreciate the craft in doing something like this almost 100% practically... but at a certain point, some situations, would a CGI or CGI-augmented Chucky really be so bad? Like if the alternative is scenes like that?