The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2021, 05:24 PM   #2721
mikey0
Foot Elite
 
mikey0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 3,039
Super7 Spectacular Wish We Were There-ic-Con is on October 5th: https://mobile.twitter.com/super7sto...7Ctwgr%5Etweet
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 06:02 PM   #2722
italianice388
Hench Mutant
 
italianice388's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: NEW YORK
Posts: 473
Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepDrifter View Post
My dude!!! I’m dying for Armaggon to get made!!! Always on point.
haha!! you always have excellent taste! 2 for armaggon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemu View Post
I'd be all over Armaggon
3 for armaggon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Definitely! He’s on my list of new figures I really hope they do.
4 for armaggon!!
italianice388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 06:03 PM   #2723
italianice388
Hench Mutant
 
italianice388's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: NEW YORK
Posts: 473
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0 View Post
Hard agree. Also, Slash looks fatter than the original 1990 action figure.
yesss! right? the janky teeth just don't feel the way they felt in the original. we need a sharp-tooth head!
italianice388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 06:17 PM   #2724
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist
 
I Crave Pizza No More's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 1,496
Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepDrifter View Post
2) As others have stated, it gives collectors a chance to own him. He wasn’t easy to find even when he was actually released… my parents got me Robotic Bebop & Rocksteady and Hot Spot one summer (93) at a Bradley’s but there was no Scratch. I had him on my Christmas list that year. Never saw him in the wild. I was always interested in him.


I’m not sure I understand your complaint about chronology here, either, as Mutagen Man came in Wave 2… before Rocksteady. Wave 5 has Ray Filet and we are still missing 4 figures from Series 2 (89). I think it’s a fair assumption at this point that Super7 aren’t playing by any sort of rules here; Scratch being absolutely fair game. Also as mentioned several times, Brian has indicated we are likely to see characters that were never made into Playmates figures before much sooner than later.
About the first point, Scratch is the ONLY original figure I never saw in the wild. And believe me, a couple of my TMNT obsessed friends and I searched.

About the second point, there's a big difference between including a 1990 figure with the 89 releases and a 1993 figure with those releases. Mutagen Man was still fairly early on--by the time Scratch came along, the whole toy line was a completely different beast.

Look, the sculpt is great. I'm glad people are happy to have a Scratch. But it still strikes me as out of place, and it just seems like S7 felt like it needed to do something to stand apart from NECA since the two have been making many of the same figures.
I Crave Pizza No More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 06:40 PM   #2725
Spidergreg
Mad Scientist
 
Spidergreg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Posts: 1,280
Quote:
Originally Posted by italianice388 View Post
How incredible would a S7 Armaggon be?
What i an S7 Armaggon?
S7 only makes playmates figures and i can't think of a playmates armaggon.
Spidergreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 06:42 PM   #2726
Spidergreg
Mad Scientist
 
Spidergreg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Posts: 1,280
I want an S7 hothead!!
Spidergreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 06:50 PM   #2727
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist
 
I Crave Pizza No More's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 1,496
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidergreg View Post
What i an S7 Armaggon?
S7 only makes playmates figures and i can't think of a playmates armaggon.
I think people are just having fun speculating.
I Crave Pizza No More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 06:57 PM   #2728
mikey0
Foot Elite
 
mikey0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 3,039
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidergreg View Post
What i an S7 Armaggon?
S7 only makes playmates figures and i can't think of a playmates armaggon.
It has been hinted that S7 will be working with Varner Studios to create Ultimates of TMNT characters who never got vintage figures.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 06:59 PM   #2729
Dask
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: May 2020
Location: NY
Posts: 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidergreg View Post
I want an S7 hothead!!
I hope they don't skimp on the neck length! Hothead has the potential to being one of the most visually appealing figures in the entire line.
Dask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 09:05 PM   #2730
SleepDrifter
Thug
 
SleepDrifter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Dimension B
Posts: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dask View Post
I hope they don't skimp on the neck length! Hothead has the potential to being one of the most visually appealing figures in the entire line.
Very much agree here. Hot Head in general can potentially be huge. I’m assuming there will be an alternate long neck head sculpt… very excited for him to come around.
SleepDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 09:15 PM   #2731
King Kahn
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Nashville TN
Posts: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepDrifter View Post
Very much agree here. Hot Head in general can potentially be huge. I’m assuming there will be an alternate long neck head sculpt… very excited for him to come around.
yeah the same way they did mekanek in the motu classics series
King Kahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 08:22 AM   #2732
mikey see
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Crave Pizza No More View Post
... it just seems like S7 felt like it needed to do something to stand apart from NECA since the two have been making many of the same figures.
Is that such a bad thing? NECA beat S7 to market with their TMNT line(s) and releases twice as much product per yer. Super7 needs to catch up a bit, and offering an infamous figure like Scratch is a great way to garner some attention.

Besides, if they went in chronological order like you seem to be suggesting the later waves would lose a lot of people. Personally I can't wait to see Halfcourt, Sandstorm, etc, but a lot of people would skip a 92/93 wave entirely. Heck, I've already seen a bunch of people saying they're out after '89. Starting to mix in some of these later releases with the "prime" characters is a great strategy in my opinion.
mikey see is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 05:41 PM   #2733
mikey0
Foot Elite
 
mikey0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 3,039
Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepDrifter View Post
As others have stated, it gives collectors a chance to own him. He wasn’t easy to find even when he was actually released… my parents got me Robotic Bebop & Rocksteady and Hot Spot one summer (93) at a Bradley’s but there was no Scratch. I had him on my Christmas list that year. Never saw him in the wild. I was always interested in him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Crave Pizza No More View Post
About the first point, Scratch is the ONLY original figure I never saw in the wild. And believe me, a couple of my TMNT obsessed friends and I searched.
Scalpers and comic book collectors were buying up TMNT basic figures in those days. I'm not saying that's what happened, but it is plausible. Turtlemania changed everything for completists of the original Playmates toy line.

Last edited by mikey0; 09-22-2021 at 06:00 PM.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 05:56 PM   #2734
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist
 
I Crave Pizza No More's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 1,496
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey see View Post
Is that such a bad thing? NECA beat S7 to market with their TMNT line(s) and releases twice as much product per yer. Super7 needs to catch up a bit, and offering an infamous figure like Scratch is a great way to garner some attention.

Besides, if they went in chronological order like you seem to be suggesting the later waves would lose a lot of people. Personally I can't wait to see Halfcourt, Sandstorm, etc, but a lot of people would skip a 92/93 wave entirely. Heck, I've already seen a bunch of people saying they're out after '89. Starting to mix in some of these later releases with the "prime" characters is a great strategy in my opinion.
We'll have to agree to disagree on this one. And that's fine.
I Crave Pizza No More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 01:51 PM   #2735
inaheap
Mad Scientist
 
inaheap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,038
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Crave Pizza No More View Post
About the first point, Scratch is the ONLY original figure I never saw in the wild. And believe me, a couple of my TMNT obsessed friends and I searched.

About the second point, there's a big difference between including a 1990 figure with the 89 releases and a 1993 figure with those releases. Mutagen Man was still fairly early on--by the time Scratch came along, the whole toy line was a completely different beast.

Look, the sculpt is great. I'm glad people are happy to have a Scratch. But it still strikes me as out of place, and it just seems like S7 felt like it needed to do something to stand apart from NECA since the two have been making many of the same figures.
I anticipate it is more likely that S7 is trying to make the more popular figures first. Scratch has a lot of fans. I'm fine with that. There are probably a number of characters in every year that few will want. Let those be last.
__________________
I have always liked Cowa-bunga!


We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 05:56 PM   #2736
Coro
Mad Scientist
 
Coro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: St. Louis, MO USA
Posts: 2,273
Im not a huge fan of the alternate turtles, so I am pretty close to being complete or as far as I want to go on S7 already.


But man....I wish sewer Mikey's head was the same green as the turtle we already have. I want that head on my toitle! Actually both those heads on sewer Mike are awesome!
__________________
SuperChadMonkey
Space Monkey Toys

Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 05:58 PM   #2737
Dask
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: May 2020
Location: NY
Posts: 314
Let's not forget that some figures that looked kind of dull or plain as a kid may be significantly better after the S7 treatment/glam up.

I'm curious to see how some of my favorites will end up looking and there's a lot that are still missing (e.g. Zak and Dask the Neutrino, Triceraton, Hothead, Usagi, Panda Khan, Mona Lisa, Chrome Dome, Fugitoid). Also want to see the punk frogs. Hopefully, they are all different species of frogs and toads.

Last edited by Dask; 09-23-2021 at 06:04 PM.
Dask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 06:05 PM   #2738
Skullox
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: California, SF-East Bay
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coro View Post
Im not a huge fan of the alternate turtles, so I am pretty close to being complete or as far as I want to go on S7 already.


But man....I wish sewer Mikey's head was the same green as the turtle we already have. I want that head on my toitle! Actually both those heads on sewer Mike are awesome!
Aw man, that's exactly what I was thinking! Haha. They're awesome and I ordered him for swapping but I'm still on the fence.
Skullox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 06:37 PM   #2739
italianice388
Hench Mutant
 
italianice388's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: NEW YORK
Posts: 473
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coro View Post
Im not a huge fan of the alternate turtles, so I am pretty close to being complete or as far as I want to go on S7 already.


But man....I wish sewer Mikey's head was the same green as the turtle we already have. I want that head on my toitle! Actually both those heads on sewer Mike are awesome!
same. as i mentioned earlier, if S7 made a head pack for the four turtles, i'd be all in. 5 heads for each of the 4 turtles - 20 unique heads, i'd shell out $55 for that. maybe throw in a few weapons too.

i'd kill for talking turtle and storage shell heads.
italianice388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 03:04 AM   #2740
D Piddy 1982
Stone Warrior
 
D Piddy 1982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Oxford, UK
Posts: 587
OK, now I'm in a quandary. I was eyeing up the NECA Ace Duck / Mutagen Man 2-pack on a UK pre-order (still available).

But now this S7 Ace Duck has come along he looks amazing! But better than NECA? Possibly.

Obviously for roughly the same amount of money you either get 1 (S7) or 2 (NECA) figures. So not sure which set to go for (Mutagen Man looks great to be fair so would not just be getting that set solely for Ace).

What to do...
__________________
Twitter handle: @D_Piddy1982

" 'Hero Turtle' craze leads to duck deaths"
D Piddy 1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.