The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 02-27-2023, 05:21 PM   #1
Cowabung-Gal
Mad Scientist

Horror TMNT Movie

So the twisted mind behind “Blood & Honey” wants to make a TMNT horror movie next.

https://screenrant.com/winnie-pooh-b...-tmnt-horrors/

Fans are already screaming over this. One person posted artwork protesting this idea, and I jokingly commented, “Well, just try to think of it as part of the multiverse. That’s Marvel’s excuse anyway.”

Then I got blocked by that person.

This is going to be interesting, nonetheless.

Last edited by Cowabung-Gal; 02-27-2023 at 06:27 PM.
Cowabung-Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2023, 05:36 PM   #2
AquaParade
Banned

I’d watch it. Sounds like a guest issue of Mirage volume 1. I love the different takes.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2023, 06:03 PM   #3
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I'd accept the TMNT being the heroes of a horror themed movie, that would be interesting, but if they would be the monsters, no thanks.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2023, 06:45 PM   #4
neatoman
Emperor

I saw the Winnie the Pooh horror movie, it sucks. It's not even cohesive, it shifts main characters throughout and is full of complete nonsense, not to mention that the acting just blows. The best thing you can say about it is that it at least tries to do something visually interesting but that hardly elevates it. I don't really put much faith in the idea that this guy will do much better with TMNT or Teletubbies, it would probably just be more mish-mash gibberish.

Anyway, the only reason he was allowed to make that movie is because the characters went public domain. TMNT just won't anytime soon (2080) and I don't think Paramount would green-light such a project as long as they still feel like they can somehow make a profit from the series.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2023, 09:19 PM   #5
Monty Mole
Hench Mutant

It probably won't be very good, but I'd still watch that over Mutant Mayhem.
Monty Mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2023, 09:54 PM   #6
Dpooly84
Banned

It won't be made unless it's a fan made movie. As Neto said the license resides with paramount, and as much as they disregard the tmnt product they will not allow some hack to make a tacky horror version of a profitable property.
Dpooly84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2023, 04:04 AM   #7
The Deadman
Foot Elite

The article also mentions the dude wants to do a Teletubbies movie too and well...if they can turn The Banana Splits into a horror movie, they can turn Teletubbies into one as well.

Last Movie Watched: Leprechaun Origins (2014).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E11).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2023, 10:20 AM   #8
triplexxx
Mad Scientist

I was hoping this wouldn't be brought up. This guy has already stained one childhood icon/franchise, and to think he's already planning on doing several others, and now including TMNT? Sure TMNT can be dark, but the way he probably plans this will be a total perversion. Assuming he lives long enough to do so, if they haven't put a mafia hit out on him already, which they probably have...in any case, there's no way I'm ever watching anything this lunatic makes. I pity anyone that saw that Blood & Honey trash as well as any theater that made the lousy decision to show it, even Jim Cummings mentioned his disapproval of it some time ago on Galaxycon.

Last edited by triplexxx; 02-28-2023 at 10:28 AM.
triplexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2023, 10:31 AM   #9
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplexxx View Post
I was hoping this wouldn't be brought up. This guy has already stained one childhood icon/franchise, and to think he's already planning on doing several others, and now including TMNT? Sure TMNT can be dark, but the way he probably plans this will be a total perversion. Assuming he lives long enough to do so, if they haven't put a mafia hit out on him already, which they probably have...in any case, there's no way I'm ever watching anything this lunatic makes.
Winnie the Pooh is public domain. Even though the movie sucks, it's not really worth being upset over because it's not like this guy will be the only one to make Winnie the Pooh movies going forward. In fact, some former employees are making a Winnie the Pooh movie set to be released next year.

Of course some people are going to make crap with public domain characters... It's just that it's not worth caring about the crap because literally anyone with talent who wants to can make something better.
Hahahaha!
Old 02-28-2023, 10:49 AM   #10
triplexxx
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Winnie the Pooh is public domain. Even though the movie sucks, it's not really worth being upset over because it's not like this guy will be the only one to make Winnie the Pooh movies going forward. In fact, some former employees are making a Winnie the Pooh movie set to be released next year.

Of course some people are going to make crap with public domain characters... It's just that it's not worth caring about the crap because literally anyone with talent who wants to can make something better.
I'm well aware of the public domain and copyright expiration issues regarding the franchise. Who owns or doesn't own the franchise means nothing to me whatsoever. I also understand slasher films are what they are, even though I'm not much of a horror fan myself...but destroying innocence by taking an innocent childhood icon and turning it into something deranged and releasing it as an official work in the media? Just because one is allowed to do something doesn't mean that they should. Now this guy wants to do the same to Bambi, Peter Pan, etc...?

I'm sorry, but I just don't approve of the destruction of innocence and the horrible effects it can have on people, the nasty thoughts and images that it can staple into people's minds, and probably never able to get out of their minds again. Anyway I had to state my disapproval of it and I have.

Last edited by triplexxx; 02-28-2023 at 11:02 AM.
Old 02-28-2023, 10:55 AM   #11
Cowabung-Gal
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I'm sorry, but I just don't approve of the destruction of innocence and the horrible effects it can have on people, the nasty thoughts and images that it can staple into people's minds, and probably never able to get out of their minds again.
And that’s the main reason why everyone hates the new Velma show.
Old 02-28-2023, 11:44 AM   #12
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
I'm well aware of the public domain and copyright expiration issues regarding the franchise. Who owns or doesn't own the franchise means nothing to me whatsoever. I also understand slasher films are what they are, even though I'm not much of a horror fan myself...but destroying innocence by taking an innocent childhood icon and turning it into something deranged and releasing it as an official work in the media? Just because one is allowed to do something doesn't mean that they should. Now this guy wants to do the same to Bambi, Peter Pan, etc...?

I'm sorry, but I just don't approve of the destruction of innocence and the horrible effects it can have on people, the nasty thoughts and images that it can staple into people's minds, and probably never able to get out of their minds again. Anyway I had to state my disapproval of it and I have.
I'm not so sure anyone really takes Blood and Honey seriously enough for it to have "horrible effects" on people. Unless me thinking "what an idiotic creation" as I left the theater counts, I can't exactly say it had any such effects on me. This kind of stuff is easy to disregard when you know it isn't the end all be all.
Hahahaha!
Old 02-28-2023, 11:58 AM   #13
triplexxx
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
I'm not so sure anyone really takes Blood and Honey seriously enough for it to have "horrible effects" on people. Unless me thinking "what an idiotic creation" as I left the theater counts, I can't exactly say it had any such effects on me. This kind of stuff is easy to disregard when you know it isn't the end all be all.
Well, I just hope it hasn't started making people too sick to ever want to eat honey anymore, or renew anyone's fear of the dark or of camping in the woods, and I hope this stuff doesn't end up on t-shirts or merchandise or the masks/costumes end up in Halloween stores during Halloween season. The last thing I want to see is this flick or any other flicks this guy makes initiating a "following".
Old 02-28-2023, 01:35 PM   #14
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Blood and Honey isnt destroying anyone's innocence, let's be real here lol.

Old 03-01-2023, 04:50 AM   #15
Lord Nightwalker
Stone Warrior

I have said it a few times, the TMNT can fit into any genre really well, especially with good writing. In the "regular" run of the mill TMNT we all love, you'll find elements of them all. Don't believe me? Try picking things out.

But this. This guy's idea?
Hard no.
What he described wasn't even a "Brightborn" treatment of the characters, or even a Peter Benchley's Creatures kinda thing....but just extremely out of character...
No...if we're going all in on a dramatic, scary TMNT film, just doing a serious version of their story will suffice.
Lord Nightwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2023, 07:54 AM   #16
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

TMNT horror movie?

News reporter April O'Neil investigages, as New York City is flooded with giant monster rats. The Turtles set out to investigate, and soon learn that the Rat King (Victor Falco) is behind. He has expiremented with chemicals stolen from the Utroms at the TCRI, and now he kidnaps people and turns them into monster rats.

Victor Falco wants revenge on society, after studying chemistry in a university in his youth, until being expelled for doing dangerous expirements with chemicals. The Turtles must defeat the Rat King and, assisted by the Utroms, find a way to turn the monster rats back into Humans.

I know something similair has been done before but as said, the TMNT fit into all genres (action-adventure, comedy, crime, science fiction, fantasy and horror).
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2023, 12:10 PM   #17
Cowabung-Gal
Mad Scientist

I think it would go something like this:

New Yorkers are suddenly disappearing at an alarming rate, the first victim being a pizza delivery boy. Investigative journalist April O’Neil follows the trail into the city’s sewage system. There she discovers four frightening humanoid turtles that fight like deadly ninjas, and their master is a malicious mutant rat that feeds on human flesh. The city’s pollution problem has led to the creation of the mutant monsters instead of the mutagen accident in the original story, and every night the turtles kidnap at least one person and drag them underground to feed on them.
Old 03-01-2023, 12:33 PM   #18
Dpooly84
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowabung-Gal View Post

New Yorkers are suddenly disappearing at an alarming rate, the first victim being a pizza delivery boy. Investigative journalist April O’Neil follows the trail into the city’s sewage system. There she discovers four frightening humanoid turtles that fight like deadly ninjas, and their master is a malicious mutant rat that feeds on human flesh. The city’s pollution problem has led to the creation of the mutant monsters instead of the mutagen accident in the original story, and every night the turtles kidnap at least one person and drag them underground to feed on them.
Add in horrible acting, special effects, and shite costumes and I think you nailed it lol
Dpooly84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2023, 01:24 PM   #19
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowabung-Gal View Post

I would watch that