The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 01-27-2015, 05:52 PM   #1
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Ghostbuster Cast revealed for Reboot

Ghostbusters (Reboot) / 27 Jan 2015
Female Ghostbusters Cast Revealed: Wiig, McCarthy, McKinnon & Jones
Paul Feig is directing.

By Steve WattsSeveral well-known comedic actresses are said to be in negotiations for the new Ghostbusters movie.

Former and current SNL cast members Kristen Wiig, Kate McKinnon, and Leslie Jones are all in early talks for the film, according to Variety. Earlier this week, director Paul Feig confirmed that Melissa McCarthy was in talks as well.

Sources reportedly claim Cecily Strong is likely to play a government official, similar to William Atherton's role in the first Ghostbusters film.

Feig himself tweeted this image today of his quartet of ghostbustin' leads:

Feig has said that the new movie will pay homage to the original, and acknowledge those stories. He's trying to steer clear of self-parody, and instead is hoping to bring the franchise into the "new generation."
From IGN.com
Old 01-27-2015, 06:02 PM   #2
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

I don't know what movie I'm looking forward to the least. This or The Not-So Fantastic Four film.

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 06:15 PM   #3
CyberCubed
Overlord

I don't think I've ever been so appalled of the casting choices in a movie since we thought Eric Sachs was playing Shredder.

This is somehow even worse since at least Shredder was still Asian in the film.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 06:26 PM   #4
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

I think a Ghostbusters reboot is a really bad idea but I like this cast a lot better than the previously rumored folks like Seth Green and Jonah Hill.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 06:35 PM   #5
ToTheNines
[sic]

I never cared much when Murray was fiddle farting about doing it or not, and I really quit caring when Ramis went to the other side.

I wish they'd let it die. We got that awesome videogame and the spectacular IDW books. Those make up for the fact that we never got a real GB3, easily.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 06:47 PM   #6
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
I never cared much when Murray was fiddle farting about doing it or not, and I really quit caring when Ramis went to the other side.

I wish they'd let it die. We got that awesome videogame and the spectacular IDW books. Those make up for the fact that we never got a real GB3, easily.
agreed 110% with ya

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 06:54 PM   #7
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

Having some present and past SNLers in the cast feels pretty right to me. But my main concern is that they're gonna be essentially playing female versions of the same characters. If you're gonna do something new with it... then do something new.
Old 01-27-2015, 07:22 PM   #8
snake
Disgusting

Kill me. This reeks of bad ideas.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 09:08 PM   #9
B-Man
Hench Mutant

Wiig is a legend. She'll be funny. Really irritated that McCarthy is onboard (which was pretty much a lock the second Feig was onboard). I don't find her funny at all & can't stand her loud & obnoxious schtick she's been forcing ever since Bridesmaids. As a Ghostbusters fanatic, I want this to be good. Please be good.

"They were many. But we kicked... We fought well."
B-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 09:13 PM   #10
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

I'll reserve judgement, but I'm relieved that he mentioned acknowledging the other movies. You can read into that a number of different ways, but I hope it means that they exist in the same continuity. There are so many simple ways to write a continuation of Ghostbusters, even with an entirely new cast, that a reboot just seems lazy and unsatisfying to me.
Old 01-27-2015, 09:17 PM   #11
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I don't think I've ever been so appalled of the casting choices in a movie since we thought Eric Sachs was playing Shredder.

This is somehow even worse since at least Shredder was still Asian in the film.
Agreed 100%. I also stand by what Tothenines said.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 09:18 PM   #12
TonySiegel
Stone Warrior

where do I start?

"...Color or creed, is no need for a man to bleed/ I believe, we all breathe the same seed/ Unless it's diluted, for somethin to intrude it..." - Kool G. Rap
TonySiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 10:27 PM   #13
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Ever since the all female rumor started last year people have been complaining (for lack of a better word). Imdb has been flooded with basically spam at this point. I got into a couple of ridiculous discussions. The same old shtick.

There's literally the same complaints for every new sequel or big name movie. "[Insert Name] is too new, never gonna work, all cgi, bad cast etc." The typical naysayer stuff. I know not everyone is like this though. Just one side of field. A lot of people still want another GB and don't mind a female team.

I for one love the idea. Seeing a female take on it sounds cool to me. I'd prefer a sequel too so I'm glad to hear it will acknowledge the first 2. I hope it's finally happening because it's been on/off for so long. So many supposed ideas and dates have been given out over the years.

I absolutely HATE when people say let it die. I've heard this even before Ramis passed away. Ooh its impossible to make a good update cause Hollwood sucks now, right?... please.
Old 01-27-2015, 10:49 PM   #14
Peanut
Second Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
A lot of people still want another GB and don't mind a female team.

I for one love the idea. Seeing a female take on it sounds cool to me.
I think you're confusing people caring about them being female to people dreading, day f*cking ONE, that Feig directing would lead to having to deal with McCarthy's tired act sh*tting up the movie. There's a reason Tammy tanked and it's because no one wants to see that trash anymore.

I was absolutely in love with the idea of a female Ghostbusters team from the beginning, but I was also equally as worried she'd be in it playing her part from Bridesmaids. Again.

We can only hope if she's 100% locked for this movie that she isn't written as a loud mouth slob.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 11:06 PM   #15
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
I think you're confusing people caring about them being female to people dreading, day f*cking ONE, that Feig directing would lead to having to deal with McCarthy's tired act sh*tting up the movie. There's a reason Tammy tanked and it's because no one wants to see that trash anymore.

I was absolutely in love with the idea of a female Ghostbusters team from the beginning, but I was also equally as worried she'd be in it playing her part from Bridesmaids. Again.

We can only hope if she's 100% locked for this movie that she isn't written as a loud mouth slob.
I understand people complaining about McCarthy. I probably would have picked different girls but I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt. It comes down to the script and how they're written.

McCarthy doesn't play a slob on Mike and Molly. Not one of my favorite shows. Only seen a few episodes but she can play a non-slob.

Still regardless of the choices a lot of people have been complaining just for the all female idea alone. They've been complaining about a new team in general. Way before any of this.
Old 01-27-2015, 11:30 PM   #16
Purse Grabbin Puke
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bry View Post
Having some present and past SNLers in the cast feels pretty right to me. But my main concern is that they're gonna be essentially playing female versions of the same characters. If you're gonna do something new with it... then do something new.
They won't be playing female versions of the original characters. This will be a completely original concept aside from the fact they're Ghostbusters.

If I'd have to guess based on the director, I'd say he's smart enough to capture the essence of the original in the fact that all the Ghostbusters were just caricatures of the actor playing them. I for one cannot wait to see Kate McKinnon and Leslie Jones in this. They will steal this movie I'm guaranteeing it right now.
Old 01-27-2015, 11:43 PM   #17
Roseangelo
Emperor

This is so much bad. So. Much. Bad.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 12:27 AM   #18
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

Why they can't just leave things alone..... Sick of all these stupid reboots. Ill give this a big miss.

http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 02:13 AM   #19
Memphis
Stone Warrior

I hope I die before this and fantastic four release... But after Avengers.

Looking for MOC Dino figures. PM me if you're selling! *Already have Ankyl Leo*
Memphis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 04:26 AM   #20
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purse Grabbin Puke View Post
They won't be playing female versions of the original characters. This will be a completely original concept aside from the fact they're Ghostbusters.
Bry wasn't saying that. He was concerned that they would just be original characters, but have the same basic traits as the original Ghostbusters.

This is going to be a box office bomb of legendary proportions. I don't think anyone is at all interested in a Ghostbusters movie without Bill Murray (or any of the original cast, for that matter).
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
progress, toxic masculinity