Notices

Old 10-20-2017, 09:11 AM   #41
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Link please?
I second this!

So was the Savante aka the biggest fodder in the TMNT universe done away with the allow Karai to have a rival to the Foot Clan?

Surprised Natsu went along with her grandfather's assassination unless it was a '(allow) kill or be killed moment'. Anyone else find the bald tattooed look odd? I just cannot get into this design.
Old 10-20-2017, 11:42 AM   #42
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Jesus Christ with all the blood and death in this issue you would think this was published by Image, not that I'm complaining
Old 10-20-2017, 12:30 PM   #43
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
So was the Savate aka the biggest fodder in the TMNT universe done away with to allow Karai to have a rival to the Foot Clan?
No, I don't think so. Discussion about the Savate's relevance to the story likely ended years ago, and the idea to have Karai go through this personal journey and decide to form her own clan probably came up a while later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Anyone else find the bald tattooed look odd? I just cannot get into this design.
I love it, I hope to see her alongside Karai when she pops back up in the main ongoing. I'm also curious as to how other artists may interpret her and Ocho.
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 12:33 PM   #44
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
No, I don't think so. Discussion about the Savate's relevance to the story likely ended years ago, and the idea to have Karai go through this personal journey and decide to form her own clan probably came up a while later.

I love it, I hope to see her alongside Karai when she pops back up in the main ongoing. I'm also curious as to how other artists may interpret her and Ocho.
Agreed on all counts.
Old 10-20-2017, 05:46 PM   #45
Mayhem
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Link please?
https://www.knowheregamesandcomics.c...sive-p93272695
Old 10-20-2017, 06:52 PM   #46
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
So... Krang? Fugitoid (again)?

My money's on Krang, the only other "major characters" involved in this are the Turtles themselves and Leatherhead, and it's definitely too soo to off him.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 07:06 PM   #47
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I can see how Krang being killed would work for the narrative, but then again, there's the other "erasing potential" situation in not killing major characters. And in some ways, there could be use for him. But then again, he's the only character "major" enough that could potentially go down. And even then, Shredder will be returning for sure, or at least just his re-animated body. (Ew)

Plus, it would add fire to the Ch'rell storyline when that finally comes along. Vengeance for a death would be far more dramatic than vengeance for imprisonment.

Though, from the way he's been used as a "major" character for this particular set, it could very well be Hakk-R and I'm just chasing a red herring . He probably won't have much of a place outside the story he's in, much like Darius Dunn.

But Krang is more likely. At least Donatello seems to be involved in one last fight with him, since he wasn't involved in the other two.

I can see him having a cathartic death. Maybe attempting to take down Maligna and having enough of an honorable death that he could be put to rest on Burnow Island.

Last edited by Utrommaniac; 10-20-2017 at 07:30 PM.
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 07:31 PM   #48
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Krang going out a hero or Fugitoid. Them's the only realistic options, and either would excite and delight me.

Honestly, my money is on Krang but I'd love for it to be Fugitoid. How nuts would it be for Krang to be released back to Earth to lead the Burnow Island Utroms?
Old 10-20-2017, 08:04 PM   #49
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

From the way things are looking, Leatherhead is probably going to beat Hakk-R until there's nothing left but bits of metal and wire, and whatever organic matter he has.

Going by the "do not kill because of future potential", Krang has far more potential than Hakk-R does.
Old 10-20-2017, 08:07 PM   #50
CyberCubed
Overlord

Hakk-R also isn't a major character whose death would affect the story in any way, or have any impact. As cool as his design is, he's just a glorified henchmen lackey. If he dies, nobody would mind much.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 10:19 PM   #51
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

That's true. I'm mostly thinking through the logic of the "rule" and which characters have died.

Shredder is a major character that will be coming back.

And the other big "death" besides Shredder's is Darius Dunn, who really would have nothing to do outside of what he did during the Street Phantoms arch. Krang does have some room for potential. He could be called in to help with the Triceratons. He could fake his death and hide out on Burnow/Morbus where he'll regroup and make a new plan - only to have some opposition at home. He could even be useful in #100 in stopping Kitsune - who he knows and used to work with. Whatever business he has with her probably isn't through/been reconciled.

Hakk-R, however, will have squat to do.

Fugitoid has basically proven unkillable, unless it'll take a little more than what Leatherhead did to him.
Old 10-21-2017, 04:11 AM   #52
Mayhem
Foot Elite

Or the website could just be teasing something that doesn't exist, but given they had to request the variant order, and have obviously received the issues in order to sell them now, they must know the contents of the story...?!
Old 10-21-2017, 10:41 AM   #53
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Yeah, it could read as a "major" character death or "major character" death

It doesn't have to be "main character" death to affect the flow of the story. Kind of like how Boromir could be considered a secondary character in Lord of the Rings, but his death had cataclysmic impact on how things would run from that point forward. Even though it's been implied otherwise, Zenter getting killed in the swarm/during the swarm would have an enormous impact on major parts of the story. Or even Gizzla. Even though that would make her just one more maternal death in the lineup. And she's only had like...five lines?
Old 10-22-2017, 12:35 PM   #54
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Here's my full summary and review of TMNT Universe #15 at TMNT Entity.

I'm liking the number of enemy factions that have been building up across IDW's TMNT titles. I know there was some talk this week about IDW introducing too many characters, but I actually think it makes the world feel larger. And having so many different enemy groups who all cover their own gimmicks keeps the TMNT's rogues gallery from feeling stale.

As for this whole arc, while I'm glad to see Karai get back into the narrative, I think I walked away with Koya being my favorite character from the story. admittedly, now that she has her flight back, it kinda lessens her reason for hating Leonardo, but the spectral wings look pretty cool, so it's a give and take.
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 01:52 PM   #55
CyberCubed
Overlord

Well given that Karai just killed the leader and all those other people at the table meeting, it seems like every time IDW introduces a new opposing faction to the Foot, they're immediately eliminated. Same for The Savate, The Ghost Boys, the Street Phantoms, etc.

Granted Karai's starting her own clan now, but it does seem like everytime we have this new opposing clan/villains/gangsters/ninja's to the Foot Clan, they get killed off very shortly.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 02:03 PM   #56
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

This is Karai we're talking about though. I think any clan she starts up would give the Foot a great runaround.
Old 10-22-2017, 03:43 PM   #57
neatoman
Emperor

So while the monster rampage was quite bloody and brutal (quite satisfying indeed), I couldn't help but notice that you didn't really see what they actually did to cause such blood splatter. Aside from Karai clearly cutting off Toru's head (in shadow), we don't get to see what any of the killing blows were.

Not really complaining as I still enjoyed it, just wondering if it's a stylistic thing or a censor making demands? Probably the second but still.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 04:22 PM   #58
Erik Burnham
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpengler View Post

I'm liking the number of enemy factions that have been building up across IDW's TMNT titles. I know there was some talk this week about IDW introducing too many characters, but I actually think it makes the world feel larger. And having so many different enemy groups who all cover their own gimmicks keeps the TMNT's rogues gallery from feeling stale.

As for this whole arc, while I'm glad to see Karai get back into the narrative, I think I walked away with Koya being my favorite character from the story. admittedly, now that she has her flight back, it kinda lessens her reason for hating Leonardo, but the spectral wings look pretty cool, so it's a give and take.

You’re making an assumption that there is mind control.

There is not.

Think of it this way; there are places for Karai’s spirit to go that have been established.

She will have no spirit to go (or she’ll wind up in one of the many hells.)

Don’t consider it an excuse; I didn’t mean if that way.
Erik Burnham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 05:05 PM   #59
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpengler View Post

Yeah, Doc Spengs, I didn't read mind control into this either. I think the message from 'the blade will corrupt you' is not the blade makes you do evil things, but that if you use the blade, you lose your soul. I think the message was Karai didn't care she was going to lose her soul, it was a worthwhile price to pay for the blade's power.

I didn't see any indication of mind control in this story at all. Everything Karai is doing is of her own free will.

IDW is the best version of TMNT

If they make a TMNT reboot movie retelling the shredder battle/origin, I won't buy a ticket.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 06:53 PM   #60
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Yeah, I would agree. Plus, after all she's been through, she probably won't even care. Like the whole "so what if I lose my soul?" thing.

And going back the "death of a major character" thing, I tried to see if it was any other summaries for the same issue. And none of them had that third bullet point. So I am going to put it up to hype for the moment, since it's the only venue with that mark.

Looking through Santolouco sketches on Tumblr, though, the chances of Fugitoid seem to have gone up a bit.

And one very ugly-looking death for a Malignoid bug