The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 09-14-2021, 06:13 AM   #9021
Leo656
The Franchise

Yeah, I'm also ever-so-glad you decided to end your self-imposed exile for the sole purpose of picking up where you left off and trying to paint me as some kind of unenlightened idiot. I can't imagine how bored you must've been, to decide you absolutely needed to be here, right now, doing This. After almost three years! Something REALLY bad must've happened, that's all I can figure.

Can't just be that you were scrolling the internet, saw my little spiel, and decided that you needed to break your epic hiatus JUST to try and put me in my place. That'd just be pathetic and sad. People who escape this place aren't supposed to come back, that's like a full admission that their life's gone to sh*t. This almost has me concerned, now.

Anyways. You're right, I put a lot of weight on my own personal anecdotal evidence. Because MOST people here never leave the goddamn house, don't have any friends who aren't words on a screen, and I actually exist in a Real World Space. It's been like that around here way before Covid. So do I think that makes my own experience weigh a little bit more than people who get all their information from "I read..."? Yep. I do. I don't exist in my own personal echo chamber, unlike most of these people. I go outside. I talk to people, and more importantly, I watch and listen.

Four fully-vaccinated people in my wife's family just got Covid recently. Cite statistics and news blurbs to me all you want; my two eyes are telling me, the sh*t's faulty, dawg. Also, don't say that this Covid sh*t "doesn't impact" me. it does; I just also know what my own eyes see, and I trust that more than Words On A Screen.

As for those people in her family getting sick... "Oh, it was somebody else's fault"? Well, ain't that convenient. It's convenient how when someone gets a flu shot, but then gets the flu anyway, they don't get to go scream at the guy who coughed on 'em by accident and it's just "Sh*t happens". But with THIS... "YOU GOT ME SICK! YOU KILLED MY GRANDMA! YOU, YOU, YOU DID IT!" Typical Lib nonsense, all about Who Can They Blame.

...So long as it's not China.

Nothing I've said is "lazy and inaccurate", it's Direct and To The Point. I'm not the one over here weaving an epic tale of When Is It Okay And Acceptable To Start Being Sh*tty To People Over A "Difference Of Values".

I don't agree, guy. If someone's nice to you, you should be nice to them. If they call you "friend" and are sincere, you should give them that courtesy. If in my head, I don't share your "values" but I'm still good to you, you should accept that and not worry about whether or not I agree with you on Every Single Thing before it's "okay" that we be or remain friends. There are PLENTY of people I'm friends with where I have issues with how they live. I try and look past it. If they can't look past the fact that I disagree with some of the things they think/do, that's their prerogative but it kind of makes them an asshole in my opinion.

It's okay to cut off a friendship or a family member for several reasons. If they steal from you, rape/assault you, f*ck your husband/wife... those are Good Reasons. "We voted for different people" or "I think climate change is puffed up" or "I don't trust these rushed-to-market vaccines" is NOT a good reason to cut ties with someone. You can think that if you want, but nah. Those things should be a conversation, not a brick wall.

I'm sorry people were sh*tty for you being gay. That's not right and I knew someone would bring it up eventually as the next-closest analogue. But again, even then... sounds more like in some of those cases those people still would've been fine being around you, and it's you who suddenly decided you couldn't take them anymore, for your own reasons. Which is your own prerogative, I'm just saying it's not the same thing as "Get the shot or we're never talking again." It's still an example of how it's mostly people on the Left who cut ties with people, which was my point in the first place.

I don't look for reasons NOT to get along with someone, I look for reasons to get along with them. That's the trait I'm discussing with this situation, the ability for people to overcome even fundamental differences of opinion or belief and still get along and be kind to one another. On the Left? Non-existent. All they do is sow discord and come up with reasons why they can't/shouldn't get along with This or That person. They don't build bridges. They're not "nice people" like they pretend to be. And THAT's a big part of my problem with them. Always was. And your statements about why "Sometimes it's okay to be like that" just prove my point.

And I never said anyone on the Right was "selfless". They're not. They're just more transparent about being self-interested, and I like that kind of openness and honesty. And once again, what I said was, "People on the Right more often still find a way to get along with someone even if they have different beliefs or values, but a person on the Left typically will not do that."

And not only do you not disprove that, you basically go on about explaining why it's correct that they do that.

Well, sir, I disagree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric View Post
However, it's not reasonable at all to call this a "stupid virus with an 99% survival rate"
It is reasonable, given how the facts have borne that out.

Quote:
Additionally, the reason I have seen people cut off others they were close to over these issues is that they reveal a fundamental difference in values. It's not aleays as simple as "you disagree with me so I'm removing your from my life."
Most times, it really is. They try and dress it up, but... nah. It really is that simple.
-----------------

"Thanks" for the two cents, as per the usual you can have it back with interest. Sorry your life has apparently gotten to a point where you thought coming back here of all places would be a productive use of your time. Good luck and Godspeed.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/

Last edited by Leo656; 09-14-2021 at 06:20 AM.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 07:23 AM   #9022
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Certainly haven't missed this!

1. It does work. That's why the death rate for vaccinated is severely lower than non vaccinated. This is like, an incredibly simple fact that I won't be trying harder to explain it. If someone doesn't understand that, it's because they don't want to.

2. The argument about refusing medical care is because unvaccinated people are taking up a huge percentage of hospital beds, to the point where people who have treatable issues are dying because there's not enough capacity. So again, by not getting vaccinated, people are causing others to die. and because the vaccine works (and it does), the argument follows that unvaccinated people have chosen to not take an easily preventable measure to protect their own health, and because of that, they are clogging up our hospital system and leading to deaths from people who do not have an easy way to prevent their ailment. Trying to make it seem like liberal people are simply saying they want people to die for not agreeing with them is lazy and innacurate.

3. Your anecdotal experience of what you've seen on FB and in your social circle is not fact. You always seemed to confuse your experience as fact. My experience has been very different than yours. And my experience, the right isn't the "selfless" side you seem to be suggesting they are and are not concerned with everyone respecting each other. So if we're going to argue that our individual experience is the end all be all fact, you're wrong, my experience is right, liberals just care about people, and all that opposite stuff to what you just tried to pass off as truth because you said so.

Wow this place has not changed
1. No it doesn't, as shown in countries that are 90% vaccinated still riddled by CoVid.

2. The hospitals are not full, despite what the media says. If you've actually gone to one recently you'll see how empty they are. And if they are 'full to capacity' that's their own fault for firing a huge part of their staff.

I don't wish death upon anyone, especially since I'm safe and comfy just working from home and barely going out. I can't get exposed nor can I expose anyone to this virus unless the ****er gains sentience and decides to just home in one my house for S&G's. And seeing that the only time I took the chance I not only went to a live wrestling event and a comic con within the same weekend (wearing my N95 mind you), either the N95 really does work, everyone around me was vaccinated or the virus just isn't as 'everywhere' as you'd think.

Like Leo said once, for all the people that care about 'grandma' and whatever, and all these people I'm supposed to be saving by taking the vaccine and supposedly not spreading it (which turns out you can anyway), if I were to get blood or heart complications from the vaccine and die, none of these people I'm supposedly saving, none of these grandmas and such are gonna be showing up at my funeral. And yeah, **** you if you think the coroner telling my baby brother 'yeah, he died, but I mean... it's a 1% chance, so like... it doesn't happen often' is in any way gonna make him feel better.

3. Go out and live in the world. See actual experiences. Everyone I know who got CoVid came out of it just fine within days, minus one or two elderly (I mean they survived but they did have to get hospitalized), and this was before the vaccine even existed. Only person that ever had permanent scarring was a coworker that smoked like a chimney and already ****ed up his lungs.

99.9% survival rate. I have a higher chance dying leaving the house to get the vaccine than just staying home and working.

Oh, and one more thing about the 'tolerant left'. You really wanna see death threats and people wishing all sorts of horrible and torturable things to happen to you? Try being either gay or trans AND being Republican. I have never seen the LGBT be out for someone's blood so violently.

Not that I'm either, but I mean, gay Republicans do exist ya know. It's not 'shocking' or a 'contradiction'. It's just you guys gotta stop trying to make everything fit into neat little boxes with labels. Real life human beings don't work that way.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/

Last edited by Coola Yagami; 09-14-2021 at 07:35 AM.
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 07:27 AM   #9023
Electric
Epic Hiatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Yeah, I'm also ever-so-glad you decided to end your self-imposed exile for the sole purpose of picking up where you left off and trying to paint me as some kind of unenlightened idiot. I can't imagine how bored you must've been, to decide you absolutely needed to be here, right now, doing This. After almost three years! Something REALLY bad must've happened, that's all I can figure.

Can't just be that you were scrolling the internet, saw my little spiel, and decided that you needed to break your epic hiatus JUST to try and put me in my place. That'd just be pathetic and sad. People who escape this place aren't supposed to come back, that's like a full admission that their life's gone to sh*t. This almost has me concerned, now.

Anyways. You're right, I put a lot of weight on my own personal anecdotal evidence. Because MOST people here never leave the goddamn house, don't have any friends who aren't words on a screen, and I actually exist in a Real World Space. It's been like that around here way before Covid. So do I think that makes my own experience weigh a little bit more than people who get all their information from "I read..."? Yep. I do. I don't exist in my own personal echo chamber, unlike most of these people. I go outside. I talk to people, and more importantly, I watch and listen.

Four fully-vaccinated people in my wife's family just got Covid recently. Cite statistics and news blurbs to me all you want; my two eyes are telling me, the sh*t's faulty, dawg. Also, don't say that this Covid sh*t "doesn't impact" me. it does; I just also know what my own eyes see, and I trust that more than Words On A Screen.

As for those people in her family getting sick... "Oh, it was somebody else's fault"? Well, ain't that convenient. It's convenient how when someone gets a flu shot, but then gets the flu anyway, they don't get to go scream at the guy who coughed on 'em by accident and it's just "Sh*t happens". But with THIS... "YOU GOT ME SICK! YOU KILLED MY GRANDMA! YOU, YOU, YOU DID IT!" Typical Lib nonsense, all about Who Can They Blame.

...So long as it's not China.

Nothing I've said is "lazy and inaccurate", it's Direct and To The Point. I'm not the one over here weaving an epic tale of When Is It Okay And Acceptable To Start Being Sh*tty To People Over A "Difference Of Values".

I don't agree, guy. If someone's nice to you, you should be nice to them. If they call you "friend" and are sincere, you should give them that courtesy. If in my head, I don't share your "values" but I'm still good to you, you should accept that and not worry about whether or not I agree with you on Every Single Thing before it's "okay" that we be or remain friends. There are PLENTY of people I'm friends with where I have issues with how they live. I try and look past it. If they can't look past the fact that I disagree with some of the things they think/do, that's their prerogative but it kind of makes them an asshole in my opinion.

It's okay to cut off a friendship or a family member for several reasons. If they steal from you, rape/assault you, f*ck your husband/wife... those are Good Reasons. "We voted for different people" or "I think climate change is puffed up" or "I don't trust these rushed-to-market vaccines" is NOT a good reason to cut ties with someone. You can think that if you want, but nah. Those things should be a conversation, not a brick wall.

I'm sorry people were sh*tty for you being gay. That's not right and I knew someone would bring it up eventually as the next-closest analogue. But again, even then... sounds more like in some of those cases those people still would've been fine being around you, and it's you who suddenly decided you couldn't take them anymore, for your own reasons. Which is your own prerogative, I'm just saying it's not the same thing as "Get the shot or we're never talking again." It's still an example of how it's mostly people on the Left who cut ties with people, which was my point in the first place.

I don't look for reasons NOT to get along with someone, I look for reasons to get along with them. That's the trait I'm discussing with this situation, the ability for people to overcome even fundamental differences of opinion or belief and still get along and be kind to one another. On the Left? Non-existent. All they do is sow discord and come up with reasons why they can't/shouldn't get along with This or That person. They don't build bridges. They're not "nice people" like they pretend to be. And THAT's a big part of my problem with them. Always was. And your statements about why "Sometimes it's okay to be like that" just prove my point.

And I never said anyone on the Right was "selfless". They're not. They're just more transparent about being self-interested, and I like that kind of openness and honesty. And once again, what I said was, "People on the Right more often still find a way to get along with someone even if they have different beliefs or values, but a person on the Left typically will not do that."

And not only do you not disprove that, you basically go on about explaining why it's correct that they do that.

Well, sir, I disagree.

It is reasonable, given how the facts have borne that out.

Most times, it really is. They try and dress it up, but... nah. It really is that simple.
-----------------

"Thanks" for the two cents, as per the usual you can have it back with interest. Sorry your life has apparently gotten to a point where you thought coming back here of all places would be a productive use of your time. Good luck and Godspeed.
As much as it may fill you with excitement to think I was motivated by you to sign back in, that's not the case. However, I did notice that, like before, you spew your opinions in threads acting exactly like you are more enlightened (I'm so glad you remembered my go to phrase for you!) and figured you probably live in an own echo chamber where everyone allows that, so I figured it could be helpful for you and the others in here to actually hear the other side.

There's no point in arguing with you.

None of this is nearly as black and white as you make it seem, but you obviously refuse to look at it like that. You're just going to deny whatever facts you see because you think your experience is more right.

And while I'm not surprised you have creatively come up with an argument as to why your experience is the end all be all, you're not the only person that has a life offline? I mean, come on man even you don't believe that.

And no apology necessary for the way people have been or not been! Fortunately, the world doesn't live by Leo's Rules of his Beliefs, so those randomly selected reason you had adjudged as acceptable to remove someone from your life don't matter beyond your own opinion.

If I learn that people I have been close to have very fundamentally different values, especially ones that can negatively impact my life, Electrics Rules allows to cut that person out. And it seems that's the approach a lot of people have been taking, since life's too short to surround yourself with people you don't want to be around.

And your response to my point is non existent.
For a lot of people, it's not an inability to overcome a difference of opinion. For some people, that differing opinion is a completely opposite value that can majorly impact their life. If someone steals from you, you cut them off because they took from you/did not respect you/ took advantage of you. My situations no different. I'm sure it feels nice to say "hey we're just disagreeing on opinions, don't be so sensitive, I'm still nice to you!" But from the others, yoour opinion or adamant support for someone that supports taking away your rights is just as disrespectful as you stealing from them.

And to your demeaning last comment, I don't even know how to respond because what point are you even making as if you are judging me for coming back to a site I spent years on? That youve also spent years on? There's that enlightenment again! Also seems you are upset because I disagree with you.

Maybe I'll become the new you. I'll come back everyday and tell everyone I know more than they do.
Old 09-14-2021, 07:36 AM   #9024
Electric
Epic Hiatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
1. No it doesn't, as shown in countries that are 90% vaccinated still riddled by CoVid.

2. The hospitals are not full, despite what the media says. If you've actually gone to one recently you'll see how empty they are. And if they are 'full to capacity' that's their own fault for firing a huge part of their staff.

3. Go out and live in the world. See actual experiences. Everyone I know who got CoVid came out of it just fine within days, minus one or two elderly, and this was before the vaccine even existed. Only person that ever had permanent scarring was a coworker that smoked like a chimney and already ****ed up his lungs.

99.9% survival rate. I have a higher chance dying leaving the house to get the vaccine than just staying home and working.

Oh, and one more thing about the 'tolerant left'. You really wanna see death threats and people wishing all sorts of horrible and torturable things to happen to you? Try being either gay or trans AND being Republican. I have never seen the LGBT be out for someone's blood so violently.

Not that I'm either, but I mean, gay Republicans do exist ya know. It's not 'shocking' or a 'contradiction'. It's just you guys gotta stop trying to make everything fit into neat little boxes with labels. Real life human beings don't work that way.
1. There is ample evidence that the vaccines works. Especially in reducing death. Like I said, if you want to pick and choose what facts you agree with, no point in arguing.
2. I like, can't even fathom how to counter this, because 1 I have, 2, they are, 3 just because one hospital you went to wasn't doesn't mean that every other isn't.
3. That's great everyone you know is doing okay! Again, your 1 individual experience is not the end all be all, and hundreds of thousands have died from it! Like, are you denying all the deaths from it jus rbefause your social circle has faired well?

Nah, you're just stuck on your one talking point. What I said is that unvaccinated people are filling up hospitals, causing people with other issues to not have room. Covid patients can get vaccinated to reduce their risk of taking up beds for someone else that can't take a vaccine to prevent that ailment.
You're the one taking that and cramming it into the box of liberals wishing death.
Old 09-14-2021, 07:42 AM   #9025
Electric
Epic Hiatus

And just because of Leo's completely off base assumptions, thinking he can know and determine how someone's life is, I'm doing great all! Not bored, pathetic, sad, any of that (thanks for the guesses though!). I logged back in because a friend and I still occasionally PM, even months/years in between.

Hope everyone has been doing well and staying safe!

I will likely be going back to my "epic hiatus," but may pop back on in a couple months/years. Til then!

Last edited by Electric; 09-14-2021 at 09:33 AM.
Electric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 07:45 AM   #9026
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
1. There is ample evidence that the vaccines works. Especially in reducing death. Like I said, if you want to pick and choose what facts you agree with, no point in arguing.
2. I like, can't even fathom how to counter this, because 1 I have, 2, they are, 3 just because one hospital you went to wasn't doesn't mean that every other isn't.
3. That's great everyone you know is doing okay! Again, your 1 individual experience is not the end all be all, and hundreds of thousands have died from it! Like, are you denying all the deaths from it jus rbefause your social circle has faired well?

Nah, you're just stuck on your one talking point. What I said is that unvaccinated people are filling up hospitals, causing people with other issues to not have room. Covid patients can get vaccinated to reduce their risk of taking up beds for someone else that can't take a vaccine to prevent that ailment.
You're the one taking that and cramming it into the box of liberals wishing death.
Oh it's not just me, amigo. It's several people in different states and different areas, noticing how these 'packed to capacity' hospitals are in fact not so.

The other day there was an article on a long line of people that were shot, unable to get in because people that overdosed on that horse medicine were taking up all the spots..... except it turned out to be a lie, but everyone ran with the story anyway. That hospital stuff is a lie. I won't deny some might be overwhelmed, but not at the extent that the media is trying to paint it as.

I'm not denying all these deaths but there are factors. A lot of them were elderly, morbidly obese or immune compromised. And hell, at least last year, a lot of them didn't even die from CoVid, but were labeled as such.

Let's not forget a few months back there was this state where 40% of the people that died from CoVid were in fact fully vaccinated. The vaccine might reduce your chances, but thinking you're safe because you got jabbed is just ignorance at this point. And it's the same naivety that made you guys spread the virus further, though I can't blame you too much. Most state officials did say 'if you get the vaccine you can stop wearing the mask' when the vaccine first came out, so people were unknowingly continuing to spread the virus until the news came out that you better put your mask back on.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 09-14-2021, 09:22 AM   #9027
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
(I'm so glad you remembered my go to phrase for you!)
The only two things I ever remember about you are that you've always been a clueless putz with a big mouth and that once upon a time you were "ElectricN". Oh, and that the N stands for "Nitwit". That's literally it.

Quote:
However, I did notice that, like before, you spew your opinions in threads acting exactly like you are more enlightened
Because I'm alllllwaaaaaayys right. You can talk down to people as often or as loud as you want to when you're always right. Duh. That's the whole f*cking perk, jerky.

Quote:
There's no point in arguing with you.
It's good that you can see that, but yet... you persist. This is a sign of mental illness. You acknowledge the end result yet you persist in the endeavor. Madness.

Quote:
None of this is nearly as black and white as you make it seem, but you obviously refuse to look at it like that. You're just going to deny whatever facts you see because you think your experience is more right.
You haven't offered any facts, simply your own anecdotes to counteract mine. "Oops."

Quote:

And while I'm not surprised you have creatively come up with an argument as to why your experience is the end all be all, you're not the only person that has a life offline? I mean, come on man even you don't believe that.
It wasn't in any way "creative", I just work with what these people give me. Most of the people here openly brag about never leaving the goddamn house and how they live in a virtual world. It is what it is, that sh*t ain't my fault.

Quote:
Also seems you are upset because I disagree with you.
No, I'm upset because I hate you and got used to not having you around.

Quote:
Maybe I'll become the new you. I'll come back everyday and tell everyone I know more than they do.
You haven't earned it. Also? Not good enough. If All This is your best, then your best needs work.

Quote:
And just because of Leo's completely off base assumptions, thinking he can know and determine how someone's life is, I'm doing great all! Not... pathetic, sad, any of that (thanks for the guesses though!).
...You're not that in YOUR opinion.

Quote:
I logged back in because a friend and I still occasionally PM, even months/years in between.
...You still have friends you haven't told to f*ck off because they don't think exactly like you do? Shocking. Tell both of 'em I said hi and to go meet a better class of people. They probably have no idea you're just waiting for them to slip up, so you can excise them from your circle for WrongThink.

Quote:
Don't know why you all still put up with his demeaning ego
It's called "Knowing their place" and it's what smart people do.

Quote:
I will likely be going back to my "epic hiatus,"
Thank the God you probably don't believe in.

Quote:
but may pop back on in a couple months/years
I will literally give you money to NOT do that.

Old 09-14-2021, 02:16 PM   #9028
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

But it's okay to insult me by trashing liberals in some broad generalization. Thanks, bud.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 02:34 PM   #9029
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
But it's okay to insult me by trashing liberals in some broad generalization. Thanks, bud.
I guess this is the part where I say 'not all'. Sorry bud, as in most groups 'those that are screaming the loudest' are making the rest of you saner folks look bad. And not just in the matter of the vaccines, but the ones that act like we need to be teaching kids about choosing their gender while still in kindergarten or if my kid says he feels like a girl at age 4, off with his balls, and all that. Not that all people on the left think that way, but they sure like to proclaim they're speaking on behalf of 'all of you'.

I do in fact know a few people on the left that are fine with my choice and aren't demonizing me or others over it.

Old 09-14-2021, 02:46 PM   #9030
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
If anything you're one of the ones who seems to actually live in Reality more than occasionally. I've also seen you go out of your way to be nice to people and get along with them even if you don't agree with them, which is kind of the opposite of the type of people I'm talking about.

So it should hopefully be pretty obvious that I'm not talking about You when I'm talking about Them. At least I would hope so.

Observing that "Cutting people out of their lives over a difference of opinion or philosophy is predominantly a thing Liberals do," is not the same as saying all of them do that.

Old 09-14-2021, 03:04 PM   #9031
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
If anything you're one of the ones who seems to actually live in Reality more than occasionally. I've also seen you go out of your way to be nice to people and get along with them even if you don't agree with them, which is kind of the opposite of the type of people I'm talking about.

So it should hopefully be pretty obvious that I'm not talking about You when I'm talking about Them. At least I would hope so.

Observing that "Cutting people out of their lives over a difference of opinion or philosophy is predominantly a thing Liberals do," is not the same as saying all of them do that.
Yeah dude, you know you're cool.

Old 09-14-2021, 03:45 PM   #9032
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I don't even know any people who act like that, so I'm not sure what part of the country they must be in. They aren't at least in any of my circles, though I wouldn't keep anyone who acted like that to begin with. Wishing harm on anyone they supposedly cared about is far out of line.

If someone started getting like that, I might step back a bit until they get that under control, but I wouldn't cut them out unless they'd truly become someone who was just entirely unhealthy to keep ties with in general. Can't say I've ever had that issue though.

But some people on any and all sides of the imaginary divide are petty and awful and totally deserve each other.
Old 09-14-2021, 04:18 PM   #9033
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
I don't even know any people who act like that, so I'm not sure what part of the country they must be in. They aren't at least in any of my circles, though I wouldn't keep anyone who acted like that to begin with. Wishing harm on anyone they supposedly cared about is far out of line.
Yeah me neither. That's why this just blindsided me. Like we got friends that were for Trump and friends that hated him, but we'd avoid the subject or whatever but they never unfriended them over that. I guess the whole vaccine debate was where the line was finally drawn. But I have never seen them act like that before.

I guess it's the whole 'when the chips go down, that's when you really know who your friends are' situation.

But whatever. I've complained about it enough. I just have to move on. Part of me wants to be the good guy and be like 'i'll always be there if you change your mind' but the other part is more like '**** that, ending a 7 year friendship over something so trivial, they'll just cut me again over the boosters or over whoever the next 2 candidates will be or something else just as trivial'.

Whatever. Time to move on.

Old 09-16-2021, 09:28 AM   #9034
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

One of my stores has RGIS coming to inventory my department tomorrow. That is one of my Monday stores, so if any shipments came in after that day I'd need to do a second visit to put it out before the inventory. Didn't think it would be any issue as the next typically isn't there yet this soon.

So.... naturally there is a box that FedEx has listed as "potentially" delivering early, today. Prior predicted delivery was tomorrow.

It says it's 1 of 6 which is very strange. Sounds like an seasonal shipment -- which isn't counted by RGIS and I would not have to worry about it -- but it is listed as an everyday shipment. Everyday stuff is generally only ONE box, so I have NO idea what this is and others of the same chain around here, including my 2nd one, aren't showing this at all...

So of course I now have to constantly check my device all day waiting for this box to MAYBE show up today. That way if it does I'll have to leave and go deal with it. And I have no way of knowing if it will show up and have me leaving in 10 min or 6 hours. Cute.

The other 5 haven't even shipped yet. So, yeah, thanks company for shipping one out early and this week.

I have my own conspiracy theory now that if you block a guy and never respond to or interact with him, but he continues to bitch about you, he secretly wants you, but responds to the feeling with the emotional maturity of a 10-year-old.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 09-16-2021 at 12:36 PM.
Old 09-16-2021, 09:54 AM   #9035
ABrown
Banned

How is it that in the year 2021, with all of the advanced technology that we have, we don't have a way of knowing ahead of time that there's going to be a stopped train? I mean I'm not even asking for the trains not to stop. But would it be that difficult to have a web site or something to let us know not to take THIS road at THIS time on THIS day because we're going to be sitting behind a stopped train for 45 minutes?
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 02:29 PM   #9036
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Scalpers, but what else is new.

Years ago I'd collected some of the Lemax Spooky Town Halloween collection. Often I've been too late coming across the new batch every year and not much left, on top of it having become so much more expensive now and just isn't justifiable.

Looked at a new light & sound one the other day and the damn thing was $160! You just can't collect at that cost if that's just one house... Even a small piece the store had was $50. I know they did not cost nearly that when I got my originals, because we'd have never grabbed up as much as we did if they had!

Before those I just looked at... I'd a couple/few weeks ago mentioned a couple pieces I saw at Michael's as a possible gift idea... They'd had maybe 4 of the small building, but I guess that got wiped out fast and hasn't restocked like I hoped. But even the little skeleton figure that they'd had a lot of disappeared quick. (I guess it doesn't pay to have relatives who won't bother looking for several days if they decide to take you up on the suggestion.)

Fast forward, my mom says she'd seen some on Amazon for double the price, and just looked at eBay myself... The little skeleton figure that was like $7.99 in the store is of course in a whole bunch of listings on eBay for about $20 plus shipping.

These are the kinds of people I'm tempted to wish Covid on... Just like the TMNT scalpers, if they have to ruin other people's enjoyment of things by being an opportunistic ass looking to take advantage, just gtfo this planet.

At least I proudly have some of the original first year Spooky Town stuff...

Last edited by IndigoErth; 09-18-2021 at 02:35 PM.
Old 09-19-2021, 11:37 AM   #9037
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Quote:

If someone started getting like that, I might step back a bit until they get that under control, but I wouldn't cut them out unless they'd truly become someone who was just entirely unhealthy to keep ties with in general. Can't say I've ever had that issue though.

But some people on any and all sides of the imaginary divide are petty and awful and totally deserve each other.

I'm with you 100% on all of this. Trashing people in general over lifestyle or values is just a sign of immaturity and/or lack of empathy. The first can sometimes be remedied, the second- is just a basic mental flaw that can't be fixed. And it's better to remove people who demonstrate the second from one's life, for the sake of one's own peace of mind and well-being.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 05:45 PM   #9038
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Grind... when Amazon (and eBay?) do that thing where you try to search a specific category and it refuses to let you, instead switching you to another section and showing you crap you didn't ask for.

i.e. just dare try to search the word "ghost" in toys & games (Amazon) without the site refusing and showing you only movies/tv and books instead. If it can come up with that, then why are toys with that keyword so hard?

"Ghost plush" may be, in the site's opinion, a little more defined, but of course it just returns a lot of mixed in results based on the word plush and are not ghosts... Annoying.

9/21 -- I've never had an issue with Etsy sellers, but one I currently have an outstanding order on... grr. Ordered a week ago, the "ship buy" date was today. If each item was only made upon order, I could kind of understand that, but the listing has claimed there are 5 available for the past week... so what gives. At least contact me if there is a delay for some reason, eesh.

Someone else who most recently bought one reviewed on Sunday mentioning theirs not being shipped by the date expected then contacted the seller, heard nothing back, but then it was shipped soon after.

Pity for the seller, I was thinking of ordering a second for my nephew if I thought the material and construction was suitable for him, but never mind I'll be finding something else...or attempting my own skills at crafting something.

9/22 -- Oh look, scalpers again. Sister and brother in law complaining yesterday about people grabbing up stuff from whatever franchise I now can't recall, esp an item that is very limited per store, and the idiots then selling them for more.

I swear, people of all fandoms need to stop buying from scalpers, period, and make it no longer worth it.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 09-22-2021 at 04:46 PM.
Old 09-25-2021, 03:44 AM   #9039
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk

The town I live in found traces of E. coli in our drinking water so now we have to get jugs of spring water to drink. Most of the stores in my area are bare with all the bottled water and jugs of spring gone. My sister and I had to drive about three towns over to get some.

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight...for HIM?

~Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 10:02 AM   #9040
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Ninja View Post
The town I live in found traces of E. coli in our drinking water so now we have to get jugs of spring water to drink. Most of the stores in my area are bare with all the bottled water and jugs of spring gone. My sister and I had to drive about three towns over to get some.
Dude, that's horrible.