The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: They could have seriously made this a two-parter with more backstory...
Of Course I'm going to attack you! 16 18.60%
I would eat him just to shut him up... 36 41.86%
We have to find that helmet or we'll have to keep looking at Shredder's gross face. 13 15.12%
Who gave Michael Jackson a mohawk and a tron suit? 10 11.63%
Want More Foot History NOW!! 11 12.79%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-15-2014, 10:28 AM   #41
Sewer Sirens Podcast
Hench Mutant

Really enjoyed the reappearance of the Russian guy, Steranko. Since he was in one of my favorite episodes from Season 1, Enemy of my Enemy, I remember him and his character. Cool how they brought him back.
Spoiler:
And, if he turns out to be Rocksteady, I think that'll be interesting. Wasn't expecting that until people one here pointed it out. Excited to see how Bebop and Rocksteady will become a team. I don't know if I'd be all for him as Rocksteady, though. I think I'd rather have him stay human.

Anton was a cool character, I like him and I am satisfied with the fact that Bebop won't be totally stupid, just like he used to be. That doesn't mean that I WANT him to turn into another Mutant of the Week character.

The new voice actor for Leo was fine, except he'll take awhile to get used to.

And, yes, the ending of the episode didn't really work well.

SewerSirensPodcast@hotmail.com

Check us out on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...725309366?mt=2

Follow us on Twitter: @SewerSirens https://twitter.com/sewersirens

Here's our site: http://www.podomatic.com/profile/sewersirenspodcast

Here's our blog: http://sewersirens.blogspot.com
Sewer Sirens Podcast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 10:32 AM   #42
fridaynightdestination
Banned

That was a great episode! Great action, I loved the fight between Leonardo and Shredder, all the villains going after the helmet was cool, seeing Bepop was awesome, the ending was cool, it fooled me, so overall, great episode. But dear GOD did Leonardo's voice actor suck! That's not permanent, is it? Please tell me it isn't permanent. I thought I heard he was taking the rest of the season off to take time to spend with his new baby? I hope its not permanent. But overall, great episode. 8.5/10
fridaynightdestination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 10:35 AM   #43
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac

I forgot to ask, why can't Baxter talk anymore? He was clearly capable of speech last time.
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 10:36 AM   #44
JTH
"ME"

An ending like that will always look rushed on TV, when you see the credits rolling before anything happens, you know something will end sudden, and it doesn't impact you as much because you know it's coming too fast.

I said the same thing in "Of Rats and Men", that ending was rushed too on TV because Rat King and Splinter were still fighting when the credits started, but when you watch the episodes on ITunes or elsewhere and the credits aren't rolling, you aren't preparing for a rushed ending and it comes off much better.

I'm personally fine with the ending, IF Plan 10 picks up right where this episode leaves off and they start the next story. If not, I agree with the rushed ending.
JTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 10:37 AM   #45
Sewer Sirens Podcast
Hench Mutant

Also, as Vicky82 said, it was kind of disappointing that I, at least, knew that Karai
Spoiler:
wasn't Karai in the ending,
because or the next two episodes descriptions. Sort of ruined the whole surprise element for me, which stunk.

Better consider not reading episode descriptions any more...

SewerSirensPodcast@hotmail.com

Check us out on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...725309366?mt=2

Follow us on Twitter: @SewerSirens https://twitter.com/sewersirens

Here's our site: http://www.podomatic.com/profile/sewersirenspodcast

Here's our blog: http://sewersirens.blogspot.com
Sewer Sirens Podcast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 10:44 AM   #46
Leofan26
Mad Scientist

Oh man freakin awesome episode. Loved, loved, loved the Leo V.S Shredder bit even if short. Don't worry Shredder, I'm sure next time you face off against Leo hey'll get his revenge for what your going to do to him in the up coming episode, paybacks a bitch

Now I don't know what some of you guy's are going on about
Leo's VA, I had no problem with it
Seriously though, fun episode. One of my top favorites.
Leofan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 10:48 AM   #47
saintsaucey
Hench Mutant

I forgot the russian was in an episode already. So since there was no trailer for next week does that mean there is another break already.
saintsaucey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 10:49 AM   #48
NoName999
Foot Soldier

Really good episode.

Plenty of great interaction from all sides.
Old 06-15-2014, 10:53 AM   #49
kelligrafie
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsaucey View Post
I forgot the russian was in an episode already. So since there was no trailer for next week does that mean there is another break already.
Jun-22-2014 Plan 10
SOURCE

We will have one/two trailers by/on Thursday. That tends to be the unwritten rule.
Old 06-15-2014, 10:53 AM   #50
Retro-Specs
Thug

All in all, this one was pretty good. So much to focus on, too...

Good to see all of Shredder's mutants working together, especially Tiger Claw and Rahzar. The way Tiger Claw stated that they ought to get along as equal shows that he still has some wisdom and honour - I like that in the character.

In a way, I see how the Kuro Kabuto back story really develops Shredder as a character. Now we now more about his history, about what he holds dear, and why he is so opposed to Hamato Yoshi, beyond the conflict over Teng Shen - he sees Splinter as weak and pathetic, perhaps even as unwilling to honour the sacred history of the Foot Clan. Also, I'm glad Shredder still walks about and even fights just as confidently without his helmet. I was afraid they'd do something where he refuses to be seen or fight without it or something.

The way Rahzar said "He got your helmet"... that tone was almost like "aw... do you want a hug, master?" In a way, though, I'm surprised that none of Shredder's minions knew just how important the Kabuto is. Xever I can understand, but the way Bradford once described Shredder's past with Hamato Yoshi, you'd think he'd know more.

And of course,

Spoiler:
Bebop and Rocksteady. Obviously a much different take, and they aren't going to be buddies in a gang like before, but I do like what they are setting up here... Rocksteady will obviously be more of a leader, and have reason for constant yet comedic conflict with Bebop. Steranko is a powerful person already, what with his collection and being a big arms dealer. So I wonder, will they actually end up as minions of Shredder, or will they be stand alone villains, basically using the combined resources of Zeck's mysterious tech, and Steranko's organization. Maybe Nick thought that B&R were such big characters that they ought to be made into their own villain "group" Or, perhaps mutation will take all of that away, like how Bradford obviously no longer does any direct work or PR for his dojos anymore.

Well, this assuming Steranko is indeed going to be Rocksteady, but I think it's pretty obvious at this point. Official designs too similar, and the rhino in the glass case. In any case, I like where this is going and want to see more. Both of these characters are dangerous in their own way, let alone together, yet the show can also degrade them with a bag full of diapers. Powerful yet funny.

Last edited by Retro-Specs; 06-15-2014 at 10:59 AM.
Retro-Specs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 10:55 AM   #51
Electric
Epic Hiatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Great episode, but I've got to echo the comments about Leonardo. The voice is good, but the acting is not. He stands out hardcore among the others.
You're right. It's not that the voice doesn't fit Leo, because it does, it's just that is sounds so out of place around the other turtles.
Old 06-15-2014, 10:56 AM   #52
NoName999
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
I forgot to ask, why can't Baxter talk anymore? He was clearly capable of speech last time.
Obviously clinical depression
Old 06-15-2014, 11:07 AM   #53
blindturtle02
Foot Elite

Fantastic episode! This one felt action packed from start to finish. I love Smoove as Anton/Bebop. This actor is very unfamiliar to me so I looked him up earlier this week so I could hear a few voice clips. He was a great choice. You can tell he was having fun recording his lines.

My better half and I sort of shook our heads pertaining to Baxter not being able to talk. For now, I just chalk it up to Phil Lamar being unavailable to voice him. Baxter is one of my favorite characters, so I hope they let him keep his personality.

Great seeing Steranko again. Totally wasn't expecting him to utter one of my favorite lines,"Why am I smelling the baby poops?," but there you go. Poor guy. I think Anton and Steranko are going to make a pretty great team if they do end up working together later on. It seems that the writers might not dumb down B and R this time around. That's what I'm hoping, at least. Also loved that little exchange between Rahzar and TigerClaw. Nice seeing a bit more of Shredder this episode. And the backstory on the Kabuto was a nice touch. Wonder who had it before Shredder?
Old 06-15-2014, 11:13 AM   #54
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Quote:
Probably didn't have it in the budget to pay Phil Lamarr on top of all the other characters or Lamarr had a conflict and couldn't record.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth View Post
I'm personally fine with the ending, IF Plan 10 picks up right where this episode leaves off and they start the next story. If not, I agree with the rushed ending.
Where was the cliffhanger? The bomb blew up as they were jumping/throw off the roof. Nothing left to explain.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 11:38 AM   #55
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
I had a theory in this post...

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...1&postcount=24
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 11:43 AM   #56
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro-Specs View Post
In a way, I see how the Kuro Kabuto back story really develops Shredder as a character. Now we now more about his history, about what he holds dear, and why he is so opposed to Hamato Yoshi, beyond the conflict over Teng Shen - he sees Splinter as weak and pathetic, perhaps even as unwilling to honour the sacred history of the Foot Clan. Also, I'm glad Shredder still walks about and even fights just as confidently without his helmet. I was afraid they'd do something where he refuses to be seen or fight without it or something.
There is one thing about this story that I don't fully get. How did they go from Samurai to ninja?

That aside, I want there to be more to Shredder. When he told Karai that he had to do what he did, I was thinking, "Um...why?" It's nice that he is honorable when it comes to the foot. Even though we've learned this stuff, he still comes across as butthurt over Teng Shen's being in love with and marrying Yoshi.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 11:46 AM   #57
saintsaucey
Hench Mutant

I think one of my posts got deleated.
saintsaucey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 11:50 AM   #58
Hero
British Bloke

Baxter was a bit quiet this episode.
Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 12:30 PM   #59
martinitolove
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro-Specs View Post
Bebop and Rocksteady. Obviously a much different take, and they aren't going to be buddies in a gang like before, but I do like what they are setting up here... Rocksteady will obviously be more of a leader, and have reason for constant yet comedic conflict with Bebop. Steranko is a powerful person already, what with his collection and being a big arms dealer. So I wonder, will they actually end up as minions of Shredder, or will they be stand alone villains, basically using the combined resources of Zeck's mysterious tech, and Steranko's organization. Maybe Nick thought that B&R were such big characters that they ought to be made into their own villain "group" Or, perhaps mutation will take all of that away, like how Bradford obviously no longer does any direct work or PR for his dojos anymore.

Well, this assuming Steranko is indeed going to be Rocksteady, but I think it's pretty obvious at this point. Official designs too similar, and the rhino in the glass case. In any case, I like where this is going and want to see more. Both of these characters are dangerous in their own way, let alone together, yet the show can also degrade them with a bag full of diapers. Powerful yet funny.
I suppose that after her escape from prison Karai will be starting her own gang. It will ally itself sometimes with the Turtles and sometimes with Shredder, as well as Bebop & Rocksteady working for her!
martinitolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 12:32 PM   #60
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Awesome episode overall. And it was nice to see the early introduction of Bebop and Rocksteady. Can't wait for the next episode.

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bebop