The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 01-17-2008, 10:06 AM   #1
Spitfire
Writer • Director

Dreams And Nightmares

Some of us have some pretty left field dreams. I thought it would be cool to share them! So if you have any strange dreams or nightmares post them here if you feel secure with it. You might end up remembering them better if you write them down.

I recently had a very strange dream, the inspiration for this topic in fact, that Edward Norton was chasing me through a forest with a hunting knife. Eventually he catches up to me and then he stabs me in the stomach repeated till I woke up. It was one of those first person dreams and I actually felt the stabbing. Creepy I hate when our minds do that.

I also had a dream that they made a sequel to the movie "Hulk" and it featured The Hulk fighting a grizzly bear outside a grocery store and it kept flashing to scenes of old people buying stuff with coupons and food stamps. Yeah...that one was tonight.
Old 01-17-2008, 10:41 AM   #2
KROW
Meat-n-Potatoes Man

I had a dream recently that revolved around an alien invasion. I was walking through my neighborhood at night when the sound and vibrations of explosions were heard in the distance. Looking towards the noise, I saw fire and this odd form of lightning -- it was red and thick.

Some people were running, others were standing agape at the wonder of the attack. Military planes pierced the air in a feeble attempt to quell the situation, only to burst into fireballs when they got near the lightning.

It felt so vivid that I felt the shock and awe; my heart skipped, my throat closed up, and a shiver rose up my spine as my face flushed.

I also had another where a Godzilla-type monster trudged through my suburban neighborhood in the daytime. I felt the vibration of its footfalls and saw its humongous silhouette as it passed. I remember feeling that same shock and actually praying that it wouldn't stop and destroy my bedroom, which was level with its arm and an easy target if it got the urge to swing.

Then there were the numerous zombie dreams. These would range from being chased to fighting them to being one and in different extremes. Some of them would have grotesque zombies, others would have cartoon-like ones.

I have no idea how these dreams emerge from my subconscious. People would say it's what you eat before you go to sleep or how late you stay up. With me, though, I seem to have dreams like this if I go to sleep earlier than usual without eating for a few hours.

- Optimus Acid Trip - Cult of a Half-Shell - Raiden's Bitter Tongue -
I don't try to be funny; I fail at it naturally.
KROW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 10:47 AM   #3
Spitfire
Writer • Director

Wow you watch allot of giant monster movies and zombie flicks? I know when I played Resident Evil allot I had tons of zombie dreams.

I actually turned one of my dreams into a movie script it was so good. That's why I like discussing dreams something creative could come out of it. Oddly enough I sleep better if I eat before bed, and if I stay up really late I don't dream at all.
Old 01-17-2008, 02:15 PM   #4
Mecha Cow
Gorgeous and modest too

Quote:
Edward Norton was chasing me through a forest with a hunting knife.
Quote:
I also had a dream that they made a sequel to the movie "Hulk"
Now think how weird it would be if they made a Hulk sequel starring Edward Norton!

I hardly ever remember my dreams anymore. The last dream I recall is where I was a zombie hunter or something, and then at the end I turned into a zombie myself. Stupid zombies.
Old 01-17-2008, 02:17 PM   #5
Peanut
Second Gear

I recall posting about a dream I once had...it involved Barkworm coming to visit me in Canada...something about TMB...and then there was a huge pool shaped like a dick. Yeah...it's fuzzy.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 04:19 PM   #6
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!

I have two kinds of dreams. (1) The blurry kind that make no sense and I forget ten minutes after waking up. (2) The immersive kind that may have little background or cause of reasoning, but feel like a complete narrative full of sensory experiences that I have a hard time not realizing were not real after I wake up (aka, the awesome kind).

Recent one:
The government takes over a game of laser tag while me and all my friends (mostly you guys) are inside blasting each other, and unknowingly replaces all of our lasers with real guns. We don't know it until we start to inadvertently kill each other. After the initial killings, we start making friendship pacts to survive and find a way out, but then a time limit is set by the government. If we don't continue killing one another, the fake smoke in the room will gradually be replaced with poison gas that will burn our lungs from the inside out. Gradually, tension builds until one person pulls the trigger and the free-for-all bloodbath for survival begins. It was disturbing as hell, because (like Spit said), I could "feel" the pain from the dream. I was shot in the chest and slowly bled out, but I could still see after death. It came down to Peanut versus LogicDonny in a knife fight, but I woke up before I found out who won.

Last time I watch Battle Royle before bed.
Old 01-17-2008, 04:35 PM   #7
Super Moderator

I watch really messed up Japanese movies as background noise for falling asleep, like the Ring (Japanese), Suicide Club, Battle Royale, Audition, etc. My dreams are always pretty nutso.

...but then I have those sexy dreams, and I love those.
愛 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 05:44 PM   #8
ToTheNines
[sic]

Weirdest dream that I've had lately would be last week. It was a long one that eventually had me shooting my drivers ed teacher who turned out to be immortal, so I ran and ran until I came to a jungle gym... and played on it for a long time.

As far as nightmares go, I've literally only had one past the age of 7. If it means anything, I was going through a rough breakup at the time, but it was probably just random.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 05:44 PM   #9
Scandia
Mad Scientist

Last night's dream involved cosplaying Yuna from Final Fantasy X. While I had dreamt about cosplaying her before, it had been BEFORE I had made her costume and worn it to two conventions back in 2005.

Why would I be dreaming of cosplaying her and other characters from FFX/X-2 all of a sudden, I am not sure.

I usually have very speculative dreams. I usually remember them- and with quite a bit of detail. I dream in full color as well.

Sadly, I am extremely prone to nightmares. It has always been that way. I always wake up before dying or being bitten or hit or shot or whatever it is I am fleeing from.

Turtles fight with honor!!!
Scandia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 07:35 PM   #10
Bigfoot
Stone Warrior

I like the idea of this thread. I have weird dreams quite often. One that I had recently, and actually have about once a month starts out very real at the Milwaukee Museum. I worked there as a security guard for some time and had all sorts of alone time with some very strange exhibits. Over the summer of '00 there was an exhibit about China and ninjas and all kinds of other cool stuff. My dream takes place like a regular night of me going into work, but I realize stuff is moved around in the ninja exhibit. I walk down the hallway because I hear some rustling, and the lights go off... I am still dreaming, but in the dark. I reach for my flashlight, and it is knocked violently from my hand, it turns on as it hits the floor and casts an erie light on the ninjas from the exhibit who have all surrounded me in the darkness. I turn to look behind me and there is one hanging from the ceiling, within inches of my face. I hear the sound of a sword being unsheathed, I turn to look just as the flashlight goes out, and I wake up from the dream. Do I die? I have had this dream several times and it is exactly the same each time. It is very real and has me scared to death every time.
Old 01-17-2008, 08:12 PM   #11
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ai View Post
I watch really messed up Japanese movies as background noise for falling asleep, like the Ring (Japanese), Suicide Club, Battle Royale, Audition, etc. My dreams are always pretty nutso.

...but then I have those sexy dreams, and I love those.
I love that feeling when you wake up after getting killed in a dream--especially when its one of those hyper-realistic ones where your brain taps into your sensory section and lets you feel every little moment. At first I wake up in a puddle of sweat and I'm like, "WTF!!!" After that, I'm like "Man, that was awesome as hell".

Some might think that's sicko, but its an adrenaline rush to me. You can do things and take risks you never would risk in the real world.
Old 01-17-2008, 09:18 PM   #12
syd
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire666xXxXx View Post
Some of us have some pretty left field dreams. I thought it would be cool to share them! So if you have any strange dreams or nightmares post them here if you feel secure with it. You might end up remembering them better if you write them down.

I recently had a very strange dream, the inspiration for this topic in fact, that Edward Norton was chasing me through a forest with a hunting knife. Eventually he catches up to me and then he stabs me in the stomach repeated till I woke up. It was one of those first person dreams and I actually felt the stabbing. Creepy I hate when our minds do that.

I also had a dream that they made a sequel to the movie "Hulk" and it featured The Hulk fighting a grizzly bear outside a grocery store and it kept flashing to scenes of old people buying stuff with coupons and food stamps. Yeah...that one was tonight.
You know what,they say your dreams are tied to your mood when you go to sleep.One is very likely to have bad dreams if he is in bad mood before he fall asleep.Maybe you are tired,when I get tired I always get myself in blue mood,look at everything as depressing,sometimes in a temper,you know,hard to say.And bad dreams will have a impact on your mood of the whole day,perhaps you are not gonna aware of it,but actually it has already worked since you wake up.That's not gonna be cool.
Sometimes you don't feel good you can have someone to talk about it,and the only two people who would never do you harm are your parents,but if you feel it'd be better to talk 'bout it with your peers,you can do it with your friends or brothers,or if you don't feel like talking about it face to face you can also do it with your net friends(for that part,if you need me,I'll be in my office,XDDDDDDDDDD),only don't take it on all by yourself,sometimes you are not that lucky to figure it out on your own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecha Cow View Post
Now think how weird it would be if they made a Hulk sequel starring Edward Norton!

I hardly ever remember my dreams anymore. The last dream I recall is where I was a zombie hunter or something, and then at the end I turned into a zombie myself. Stupid zombies.
...=_-
Well that was impressive...

The utmost horrible nightmare SYD have ever had is the dream that I was taking an math test in college,and I still have that white paper with godamn differential equation on it rised before my eyes when I recall it...=_-||||| Man,how suck it was I want to tell you,and it's absolutely no use even if I remeber that I did quite good in that test of my dream.What was I thinking...uhm...

"Never mind! I just broke out."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewer Bull View Post
glad to have you back.
syd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 02:40 AM   #13
Mecha Cow
Gorgeous and modest too

Quote:
Well that was impressive...
Thanks, I agree.

Is it true that you always wake up right before you die in a dream? I heard that if you die in your dreams, your brain actually thinks you're dead and you die for reals.
Old 01-18-2008, 03:07 AM   #14
Ra
It's my desire?

Dreams, dreams...man, I can barely remember them lately.

The most recent one I can remember involves someone paying me to paint on this giant canvas. And I do mean giant. Size of a building giant. The catch is that I had nothing other than an unlimited supply of paint. So there I am, tossing paint bucket after paint bucket onto this massive canvas when the person who hired me comes along and says that I need to start over again. No idea why. It kind of pissed me off, so I started arguing with him. Then he turned into a monster and ate me...then I was sitting in his stomach wondering what the hell was going on when I saw half decayed people throwing themselves on top of me...crying out for me to help them.

I woke up then because I thought I felt something grab onto my leg, but it was just my sheet. Not the scariest dream ever, but it was definitely something a bit peculiar.

"So. The whole lot of you against little old me? How retarded."
Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 03:22 AM   #15
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!

Quote:
Thanks, I agree.

Is it true that you always wake up right before you die in a dream? I heard that if you die in your dreams, your brain actually thinks you're dead and you die for reals.
Nah, I saw that on the Science Channel once. It's just a dumb theory.
Old 01-18-2008, 04:40 AM   #16
syd
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Thanks, I agree.

...=_-|||
Thank you for reminding me that,next time when I encounter a dream like that I'll know how to deal with it,probably.
And you just remind me of another thing,I don't remeber who said it to me but it deeply imprinted on my mind.They said:everything around you may die,and even if yourself may die,but let it be your body only,never your brain.God I love this wisdom!*throw off table*Every time when I lose my mind,I think of this wisdom,and I feel like reborn!(who on earth told me that anyway?can't recall.)

"Never mind! I just broke out."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewer Bull View Post
glad to have you back.
syd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 05:11 AM   #17
That Matt Guy
Honey Bunches

i had a dream that i mowed down everyone from this forum with an m61 vulcan while wearing an antique diving suit. somehow voltron lived, and we laughed about it while eating sandwiches on top of ai and machias banshee's corpses.

also had a dream rez was in my house throwing a clay pot shaped like trent reznor's head.
That Matt Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 09:23 AM   #18
Peanut
Second Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Matt Guy View Post
also had a dream rez was in my house throwing a clay pot shaped like trent reznor's head.
This almost killed me.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 06:00 PM   #19
Scandia
Mad Scientist

I'm sick of having so many nightmares. I am 30 years old.

Recurrent nightmares recently have involved dangerous animals- particularly sharks, alligators, and snakes. Animals that I would not have any contact with due to my not frequenting their habitats. Animals that in controlled environments I purposely go look at and have even touched.

Turtles fight with honor!!!
Scandia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 04:39 AM   #20
JaffleMan
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdMarioBro View Post
The immersive kind that may have little background or cause of reasoning, but feel like a complete narrative full of sensory experiences that I have a hard time not realizing were not real after I wake up (aka, the awesome kind).
Funny. I thought those other dreams were known as the "awesome" kind.