The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Fan Creations > Fan Works Discussion

Notices

Old 04-28-2017, 05:47 PM   #1
dcat
Foot Soldier

Bebop Custom Spriting + MUGEN WIP

Hey guys its been a long time since I've posted on here and just as long since I've gotten to working on another MUGEN character in any official capacity
Finally taking a crack at the one and only Mutant Warthog Punker Thug Bebop!

-He'll be a 6 button character like the rest of my creations and have combo heavy gameplay

I've resized and improved the classic Arcade spritework 120% for this guy and I'll be doing a whole mess of additional custom sprite-work for the rest of his attacks.
You can see the size comparison in this sample sprite:

So far I've re-sprited all of his original walking , idling, and gethit frames. I've also made a shocked sprite for him

I'm not too familiar with the vital details of the character beyond what I can recall from my childhood & the whole punker-turned warthog premise. So any and all information/ fun-facts about him that I can implement into the character are welcome here. Any canonical attacks or weapons he's used in the show would be great to mention in this thread as well.

If you've got any ideas on what you'd like him to play like or want to post some Bebop related art I'd very much appreciate it.

I'll post more progress and sprites as it comes along...
dcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 06:57 PM   #2
Ninturtle
Mad Scientist

Looks really cool. Any reason you chose green pants instead of black ones?
Ninturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 07:28 PM   #3
Ninjinister
無問題

YES. I'm glad to see you working on stuff again.
Old 04-28-2017, 08:58 PM   #4
oldmanwinters
Overlord

I'm so glad you're spriting/coding again and especially glad you prioritized Bebop (my favorite of the TMNT bad guys). I'll try to think up all the help I can.

Bebop likes his sawed-off auto-fire laser blaster, but when he decides to punk out old-school, he's been known to swing around swing around a ball-and-chain flail, either in his hand (Turtles on Trial episode) or on top of his head (TMNT 3 on NES). Strangely enough, he might also carry around a mouse in his pocket (Catwoman from Channel Six episode). He has a larger vocabulary than most people would think, and can be both witty and articulate when left to his own thoughts. Compared to Rocksteady, he appears to have a more pronounced love for comic books and videogames (references in Enter the Shredder and Krangenstein Lives episodes).

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 07:23 AM   #5
Cryomancer
Mad Scientist

He's black, y'all. Just saying, haha. I know that's just the arcade palette though, and I'm sure you'll be doing several.

Final Boss of translation group Opentrain.
We do videogame comics and TMNT stuff.
http://opentrain.theyear199x.org/
Cryomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 03:34 PM   #6
dcat
Foot Soldier

@Cryomancer: Don't worry I won't be whitewashing him, We get so few canonical black characters in media I won't be ignoring the original character design. OG Bebop will stay Bebop, I was even hoping to use Tortuglio's Human Bebop Custom Sprites for his Retromutated animations.

@Ninturtle:
The funky colors are just for the color separation of the sprite. It adds much more versatility to the outfits that Bebop can display. By having all of the elements uniquely indexed with unique colors I can change his arm color independent of his face & torso, so some of Bebop's palettes will be able to have shirt sleeves or gloves/no gloves.

@oldmanwinters:
Yeah me too, had to give priority to Bebop especially since they left him out of Sega's Hyperstone Heist... He deserves top billing this time around.
dcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 06:58 PM   #7
ELTRUTREWOP
Banned

Nice wurk bruh
ELTRUTREWOP is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bebop, mugen, sprites