The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 07-26-2014, 10:52 PM   #41
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
Pointless rambling without any facts or sources is a good argument to you. Right.
Well, at least he explains things in detail with his viewpoint, whether it's accurate or not you can decide, just like everyone else does.

Quote:
That's assuming I've ever noticed you before now.
...But, but I thought you said you knew me :
Quote:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...pse0be2788.gif

Uh-huh. I know your type; you wanna spin and over analyze everything until it fits whatever you want, even when you already have the answers right in front of you. Whatevs, man, continue your crusade. I'm sure you'll convince someone.
So we're gonna jump to conclusions about a person's character based on a few posts? You know... since you now claim you haven't noticed me before.

(Oh Cure, we're gonna have so much fun here. )
Refractive Reflections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 07:01 PM   #42
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

Thinking the younger generation is doomed is the natural order of things. I'm sure my dad thought I was an idiot for watching a show about ninja turtles.
Old 07-27-2014, 07:32 PM   #43
T-U-R-T-L-E POWA!
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
No.
It's just you have acquired oldfart snobby attitude towards young generation, which is fairly typical thing for the most people.

It was one of my favorite toons back when I was a kid.
I have watched couple of episodes a year ago...and it was horrible. Well, maybe it were praticularly bad episodes, but still.
If it was from the first two seasons it was awesome. If it was after the replacing of Lorenzo Music it was ruined. When I say that I always mean to clarify that the first TWO SEASONS are what is really awesome. After they got rid of Lorenzo Music and Dave Colier became Venkman and they changed Janine's voice it went WAY downhill. I have the Firehouse Box Set of the show. It is the greatest box set of all time for fan service. I have the Party Wagon box set of TMNT and it isn't even CLOSE to the level of quality for fans. I wish it was.
Old 07-28-2014, 08:57 PM   #44
Mr._Mutant_Man
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refractive Reflections View Post
There's a slow amount of research that's beginning to investigate on whether today's technology (especially with the prevalence of handheld technology, gaming, and high-speed internet) may be conditioning the developing brains of children and adolescents. There's not a direct "cause and effect" relationship, but there are emerging correlations between high-tech gadgets and ADHD/ADD.
Sometimes I feel like today's technology is doing this to everyone, even adults that were once patient.

The less we have to wait for things, the more entitled people might become, and they will keep wanting more and more without appreciating what they have.

Then again, that's exactly what these companies want.
Mr._Mutant_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 09:29 PM   #45
Mona_Lisa
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
The Nick show is their highest rated cartoon after Spongebob. I expect 7 seasons and 150 episodes at the minimum before it ends. The fact that we've already renewed through Season 4 when Season 2 hasn't ended yet says a lot.
Hear that, CyberCubed was positive so lets stop picking on the poor guy for a little while!!!

I think the quality of hand drawn animation stinks now days. It might be all in my head but popular cartoons like "adventure time" and others doesn't even compare to OT tmnt or the smurfs as mentioned before...I hate the smurfs but the animation was cute.

I think the shows are terrible to most of the time... Mind numbing, but the trend did start in our generation... with Ren and Stimpy, and Rokos modern life...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr._Mutant_Man View Post
Sometimes I feel like today's technology is doing this to everyone, even adults that were once patient.

The less we have to wait for things, the more entitled people might become, and they will keep wanting more and more without appreciating what they have.

Then again, that's exactly what these companies want.
Yeah, technology is making us all stupid, Remember when we had to memorize important phone numbers??? How many phone numbers does the average person have memorized now???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
honestly, Korra just isn't good.
It isn't nearly as good as Avatar The last Airbender was anyway....

Last edited by Mona_Lisa; 07-28-2014 at 09:48 PM.
Mona_Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 09:35 PM   #46
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProactiveMan View Post
Thinking the younger generation is doomed is the natural order of things. I'm sure my dad thought I was an idiot for watching a show about ninja turtles.
Agreed!! Mine did and no doubt still does think the same thing. Probably even more so now that I'm in my late 30's. Then again, his idea of high-class entertainment is NASCAR and movies like Smokey and the Bandit or anything with boobs, cars, and explosions. The most intellectual thing HE watches is NCIS- which is something, at least..... (Meanwhile, I watch everything from TMNT to Hell's Kitchen, Criminal Minds, Modern Family, Leverage, Sleepy Hollow, Walking Dead, American Idol (only last season with Caleb, though), and Family Guy. I sort of run the gamut from "intellectual" entertainment to "mindless" drivel. As long as it's good in the sense that it holds my interest for more than one or two episodes, I can enjoy it for what it is.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 09:45 PM   #47
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
(Sorry for the double post- I felt I needed to add another thought, and it's separate enough that I felt it deserved its own post.) I read an article in one of the scientific magazines last year about how average human intelligence has been slowly declining over the past few generations. I believe it was National Geographic- and one of the possible causes it cited was modern technology and media. It said that average IQ's are lower than they were just 20 or 30 years ago, IIRC.

There was also a study several years ago which showed that Tele-Tubbies was actually causing young children (3-5 yr-olds) to develop slower mentally due to the infantile nature of the show. Hence why it was eventually yanked off the air. Clearly, shows like this DO affect kids' mental development, so it's not so surprising that the mindless sort of "potty humor" and other such cartoons would have similar effects on older kids.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 02:13 AM   #48
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Some of the "dumb" shows use the same humor thats been around for years. It was funny to us growing up because it was new to us. Thats the thing about cartoons. The humor can be recycled forever because its target is kids who have never seen it.

Theres some cartoons on now that I don't really care for but they're not bad. I see them and think...I would have loved this growing up.

The only thing that annoys me is cartoons seem to use more potty humor than they used to. To me anyway. Just comes off stupid. I really hate the random-craziness thing though. Thats just a product of the wacky internet age. Its so uncreative.
Old 08-03-2014, 07:49 PM   #49
Shiro Kame
Foot Clan Mutant Renegade

I blame it on the TV networks for not even trying to make good children's cartoons. No wonder I can never find anything good on nowadays...

Shiro Kame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 07:58 PM   #50
Slade
god status

F**k it, yeah they are.
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 06:13 PM   #51
Leo656
The Franchise

Yeah, they are, and it's the parent's fault. I just got home from work, and while I was at the gym I noticed there was this car parked in front, some middle aged black lady was lounging around in the driver's seat, I guess waiting for someone, there was a girl in the passenger seat, looked about 12, and a little boy and girl about 4 or 5 just walking around on the sidewalk. So anyway, eventually, the young kids start putting their hands all over the windows outside the gym, putting their mouths on the glass, hanging on the door handle, blocking people from getting into the gym, so I wave them away. For a minute, they stopped, and instead started hanging all over the car next to them - someone else's car, mind you - pulling on the door handle, hanging off the rear view, streaking up the windows. I keep looking at the lady in the car, and she's not only not doing a thing, she's f*cking laughing about it. Finally, the kids come back and start streaking up the gym windows again. The desk supervisor was busy, so she said, "Could you go smack these f*cking kids for me please?" (Obviously she did not mean literally, but oh lord, how I would have loved to)

So, I open the door, and very politely say to the kids, "Okay, kids, enough. We spend a lot of time washing these windows every day, could you please not streak up the glass? Thank you." Immediately, I hear the lady in the car yelling at me, but I just ignored her and went back inside. So, I sit down at the desk to talk to my co-worker about something; my chair faces the window, so I see the kids get in the car and think that's the end of it. I see the lady point at the window, the older girl about 12 gets out, looks me right in the eye, and smears both hands down the f*cking glass just to be a c*nt. So I stormed outside as they were pulling out and yelled "Don't f*cking do that!" I know they heard me because their windows were open and I heard the old lady yell something back, but I couldn't believe she told her kids/grandkids/whatever to do that sh*t on purpose. Unbelievable.

No f*cking class. And it starts with the parents. If my old man had seen me doing sh*t like that, he would've put my face through the glass for being a dipsh*t. I know this is an unpopular opinion anymore, but the very second that smacking your kids to teach them discipline became "child abuse", we began breeding a society of ignorant, disrespectful little sh*theads.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 01:04 PM   #52
pharaohyami5000
Thug

*sigh* Pretty much the "kids will be kids" mentality from them, yes?

The worst part of them "dealing graffiti" on the windows is the possibilities of them not only being dirty, but the chemicals used to clean the windows may be a little hazardous.
pharaohyami5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 02:01 PM   #53
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
If it was from the first two seasons it was awesome.
I don't know. I watched dubbed version, so I can't say who voiced who and even if I watched original, i don't think I would have recognised any of the actors. I am not into celebrities.

This episode was about some ghost orchestra or something. In the end of it Ghostbusters were in musical competition with them / it. The whole thing was stupid as hell.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 07:14 PM   #54
T-U-R-T-L-E POWA!
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
I don't know. I watched dubbed version, so I can't say who voiced who and even if I watched original, i don't think I would have recognised any of the actors. I am not into celebrities.

This episode was about some ghost orchestra or something. In the end of it Ghostbusters were in musical competition with them / it. The whole thing was stupid as hell.
Yeah that doesn't sound like an ep from the first 2 seasons. Most of those episodes were based on mythology and classic horror and things like that. I actually consider it Straczynski's best work. I like his work there better than any of his comic stuff I have read.
Old 08-06-2014, 05:56 AM   #55
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
I actually consider it Straczynski's best work.
I don't know much about his work and don't remember much Ghostbusters cartoon. I liked his Captain Power and Soliders of Future and Babylon 5.
I need to rewatch Captain Power someday. It was the series, that made me interested and cyborgs / robots.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
batman