The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 01-09-2016, 12:15 PM   #61
Speedy Cerviche
Random Punk

I was able to get all the Gargoyles dvds from Wal-Mart too. Every Tuesday at midnight they release new stuff and switch a bunch of stuff around so if you see a tv on dvd cartoon there you have wanted to buy grab 'em while they have 'em before they switch it up again.
Speedy Cerviche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 12:27 PM   #62
turtle1237
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Big drop-off in quality, though, and the redesigned art style was awful. Where the f*** did Joker's lips go?!
I agree, at least they fix it in Justice League and BB. Now only if they can remove TNBA Joker, and some how replace it with Justice League Joker, that would be amazing.
turtle1237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 12:33 PM   #63
turtle1237
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
I really miss Beware the Bat.
Cancelled way too soon.
Well that was bound to happen if you have a show about Batman, and were are his villians? No Joker? No Twoface? Catwoman? Penguin? You can not make a Batman show and leave off his icon villians. That bother me, and I saw what could of been greatness, and it got can because people want the Joker ete.

Sorry WB, but you cant force Batman down our mouths if you just leave off his villians. It wont work.
Old 01-10-2016, 12:43 PM   #64
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle1237 View Post
Well that was bound to happen if you have a show about Batman, and were are his villians? No Joker? No Twoface? Catwoman? Penguin? You can not make a Batman show and leave off his icon villians. That bother me, and I saw what could of been greatness, and it got can because people want the Joker ete.

Sorry WB, but you cant force Batman down our mouths if you just leave off his villians. It wont work.
Its not even Bruce "Batman" Wayne that gets me interested in Batman. Instead its his iconic sidekicks Dick Grayson and Barbara Gordon and the colorful rogues that he goes up against. Beware Batman had Professor Pyg who easily became my least favorite villain in his first appearance. Mr. Toad appeared in five pages and becomes a villain in the series? Katanna de-aged and made Batman's sidekick? No thanks. I did not even both with the series. The closest we have gotten to the 86 episodes of Batman:TAS is seasons 4 and 5 of The Batman. It did not take off until it gained Dick Grayson and a darker tone.

How would Killer Moth or Mr. Zsasz fit into the show? I always wondered how the challenge of adapting them to this specific show would be.
Old 01-10-2016, 12:56 PM   #65
turtle1237
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Its not even Bruce "Batman" Wayne that gets me interested in Batman. Instead its his iconic sidekicks Dick Grayson and Barbara Gordon and the colorful rogues that he goes up against. Beware Batman had Professor Pyg who easily became my least favorite villain in his first appearance. Mr. Toad appeared in five pages and becomes a villain in the series? Katanna de-aged and made Batman's sidekick? No thanks. I did not even both with the series. The closest we have gotten to the 86 episodes of Batman:TAS is seasons 4 and 5 of The Batman. It did not take off until it gained Dick Grayson and a darker tone.

How would Killer Moth or Mr. Zsasz fit into the show? I always wondered how the challenge of adapting them to this specific show would be.
But waiting 3 seasons for a show to get good is a pretty long wait lol.
I look at beware of the Batman and I just see what "Could of been" Its like BTAS but in CGI, that would be cool, epic battles with the Joker, with both mind and body, the retelling of Harvey Dent, Catwoman in full CGI would be a meow.
But we dont get that, we got a fat guy dress as a pig, kid Katanna, and a professer. Sorry, but Batman can only rise to the level of his villians, and here he didnt have much to contend with.
Old 01-11-2016, 02:07 PM   #66
M.O.D.O.K.
Thug

Quote:

The show wasn't even cancelled for that, it's because CN has a massive grudge against action cartoons, particularly ones they don't produce in-house. It could've been the second-coming of B:TAS and it still would've been cancelled quick.

Yes, why should we strive for new things when we can just recycle the same old stuff for the 100th time. I don't even mind the other villains, since Beware did Killer Croc, Ra's al Ghul, Man-Bat (though as a hero) and Two-Face (sorta), but I'm so sick of the Joker. Arkham Knight made me realize how I never want to see him again for a long time.

Quote:
But we dont get that, we got a fat guy dress as a pig, kid Katanna, and a professer. Sorry, but Batman can only rise to the level of his villians, and here he didnt have much to contend with.
Katana's not a kid. She's an adult, but anyone who actually watched the show would know that.

And again, I don't see the appeal of just rehashing the same characters and stories. The Batman did that, and despite having a larger episode number, it was way more forgettable.

The villains in Beware were shaped to reflect different aspects of Batman's personality. Pyg and Toad were twisted caricatures of Bruce Wayne. Mapgie showed how he can or can't control his personas. Anarky was the chaos opposing Batman's order. Deathstroke was the evil disciple to Alfred. Even Harvey Dent was a foil to James Gordon.
M.O.D.O.K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 02:27 PM   #67
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Quote:

You're basically saying that Batman as a character is weak, uninteresting, and incapable of holding a show on his own.

There's no accounting for taste, I guess...
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 03:10 PM   #68
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

I feel like Beware The Batman made poor choices in the villains used. Instead of using foes like it opted for that are about the most boring we could have had Hush, Mr. Zsasz, and lesser foes like Catman, Calendar Man, Dr. Phosphorous, The Spook, Rat Catcher, and Dr. Tzin Tzin.
Old 01-11-2016, 03:14 PM   #69
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I only watched the first two or so episodes of Beware the Batman, it seemed ok. I wasn't crazy for the direction but I would've given it a chance. Now The reason this show didn't have the iconic villains is to have a show that did something different instead of just another Batman show so I give it props for that. It is true that Batman is made by his rogues gallery but that doesn't mean the new rogues gallery couldn't have been as great as the ones we always see.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 08:06 PM   #70
Egon1982
Hench Mutant

Love this show since i was 10 years old and have the blu-ray set. I love the storytelling, the cast, voice acting, guest stars and not to mention some of the ladies like Harley, Ivy, Catwoman, Talia, Redclaw and Adrienne Beaumont, yowza, Bruce timm knew how to draw lovely women.

My favorite episodes are:
Almost Got Im.
Heart of Ice.
Feat of Clay.
Robin's Reckoning.
Bane.
Old Wounds.
Mad Love.
Perchance to Dream.
Lock Up.
Beware of Grey Ghost.
The Forgotten,
On Leather Wings.
Blind as a Bat.
Trial.
Strange Case of Bruce Wayne.
Two-Face.
Legend of Dark Knight.
Mudslide.
Growing Pain.
Man Who Killed Batman.
If your so smart why aren't you rich.
Heart of Steel.
His Silicon Soul.
Laughing Fish.
Tyger Tyger.
Beware Creeper..
Holiday Knights.
Christmas with Joker.
Joker's Millions.
Over the Edge.
House and Garden.
Babydoll.
Batgirl Returns.
POV.
Catwalk.
Cult of the Cat.
Egon1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 11:53 AM   #71
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Word is that HBO Max are considering reviving the series

ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 12:02 PM   #72
oldmanwinters
Overlord

It's weird, but I'm just not excited about a revival. The original show has my utmost respect as the best there ever was at what it tried to be, and even many of TNBA episodes still hold up, but I getting the feeling WarnerB is trying to shove lightning back into the bottle to bank on this show being as loved as the original.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 12:20 PM   #73
ZariusTwo
Overlord

The recent comic revival from Dini and Burnett wasn't bad, and the recent Christmas/New Year special they did was really good. I would love for it to be adapted to screen.

Timm's reputation has soured with fans over the last couple of decades, I'd rather he be a little more distanced from this and not try to inject any of his ideas into the show.

Also, you can probably say goodbye to Harley and the Joker having the kind of relationship they enjoyed in the show's peak, given how 'problematic' it is viewed as now by today's woke wankers. Even the recent comic book revival sidestepped it in favour of more Harley and Ivy.
Old 01-19-2021, 12:25 PM   #74
Sumac
Banned

Unlikely they'll be able to repeat its success from 2 decades ago.
I wouldn't be against Batman Beyond 2, however, or maybe even "Batman Beyond-er", which takes place with an old Terry as a mentor of the new "Batman".
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 12:55 PM   #75
CyberCubed
Overlord

People aren't that excited because they're already sorta revived it with two animated movies that got mixed receptions, and even recent comics that people don't care for much either.

It's likely not going to be like it was if it does come back.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 01:13 PM   #76
oldmanwinters
Overlord

If this is gonna be directed at HBO Max, it seems likely they will cater it for the same type of audiences as they've marketed the Direct-to-Video DC films towards. The original show was edgy, but still had "all ages" appeal, and ever the production team admits that censorship restrictions actually forced them to be more creative about how they showed/implied violence and mature subject material. The PG-13/soft R target of many of the DVD movies rarely resulted in justifiable "mature" themes that explore characters, rather they usually just ensured the insertion of some cheap gratuitous violence, fan-service, or profanity to remind people about the rating.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 01:17 PM   #77
CyberCubed
Overlord

The series is dead to me if Bruce Timm continues to push the awful Barbara/Batman pairing. Bad enough in Batman Beyond it was made canon through Barbara talking about her past, and they even snuck it into the Batwoman Movie they made way back in 2003.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 01:23 PM   #78
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
If this is gonna be directed at HBO Max, it seems likely they will cater it for the same type of audiences as they've marketed the Direct-to-Video DC films towards. The original show was edgy, but still had "all ages" appeal, and ever the production team admits that censorship restrictions actually forced them to be more creative about how they showed/implied violence and mature subject material. The PG-13/soft R target of many of the DVD movies rarely resulted in justifiable "mature" themes that explore characters, rather they usually just ensured the insertion of some cheap gratuitous violence, fan-service, or profanity to remind people about the rating.
You didn't think all the piles of cocaine floating around in the Batgirl preamble to "The Killing Joke" were entirely necessary?

Granted, that was definitely "realistic", but it also did feel like it was just there to remind people about the rating.

Could'a used boobs. I mean are we being gratuitous in order to justify our R-rating or are we just screwin' around?!

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 01:35 PM   #79
ZariusTwo
Overlord

I remember buying the "Making of" book back in 1999, one of the illustrations included by Timm represented "What the censors didn't want" , which depicted an action scene involving drug needles, censored profanity, bloodied open wounds, a nude Catwoman, and cigarettes.

Good thing I was 17 by this point.
Old 01-19-2021, 01:58 PM   #80
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
People aren't that excited because they're already sorta revived it with two animated movies that got mixed receptions, and even recent comics that people don't care for much either.

It's likely not going to be like it was if it does come back.
And after watching those movies as well as other films that featured the DCAU cast, I think I've had my fill of TAS. I wasn't a fan of when they revived it the first time with The New Batman Adventures as there were many changes I did not agree with. Wouldn't put it past them to make even more controversial changes. And if Bruce Tim will be behind it, given his recent works, I might have to pass on this if this is legit.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
batman