The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 08-08-2016, 12:15 PM   #1
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Man of Steel 2

This will make Leo656 very happy and Commenter 42 very unhappy. There will be fist pumps and cries of joy from one man, and howls of outrage and gnashing of teeth from the other.

http://batman-news.com/2016/08/08/wa...an-of-steel-2/

Me? Give me a Lex Luthor that isn't Jesse Eisenberg (or at least drastically change that twitchy twerp's performance) and more Cavill and Adams, and I'll be happy.

If WB has already jumped the gun and done Doomsday, what do they follow up with? The Superman Clone Saga (sorry, I don't remember the story arc's actual title)? Parasite? Bring in a better Supergirl (move over, Melissa)? Mongol? Metallo?

Personally, I'm betting the Superman clones... Superboy/girl, Cyborg Superman, Eradicator, Steel. I guess we'll have to see how Justice League handles bringing him back.
Old 08-08-2016, 12:18 PM   #2
CyberCubed
Overlord

I find it bizarre after all this time Brainiac has never been done in live-action. He's one of the most important villains.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 12:23 PM   #3
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I find it bizarre after all this time Brainiac has never been done in live-action. He's one of the most important villains.
I KNEW I WAS FORGETTING ONE OF HIS ENEMIES!

Yup, the movie will be Brainiac. No doubt about it.
Old 08-08-2016, 12:24 PM   #4
Electric
Epic Hiatus

DC is not afraid
Old 08-08-2016, 12:24 PM   #5
Commenter 42
Banned

Actually this makes me happy. Snyder's barely treading water, and they just tosd him a cement block.
Commenter 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 12:27 PM   #6
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commenter 42 View Post
Actually this makes me happy. Snyder's barely treading water, and they just tosd him a cement block.
I'm pretty sure, agree or disagree, that Snyder won't be involved. At best, a minimalized presence.

WB wants/needs Superman to make bank, so they're going to pull out all the stops.
Old 08-08-2016, 12:28 PM   #7
ToTheNines
[sic]

Lol, can we not talk about Leo?
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 12:35 PM   #8
Commenter 42
Banned

If they could start with putting Superman in the film, that would work.
They would need to start from scratch. Geoff Johns is an ass hat though.

There's no hope. #SuprmanDiedwithReeve.
Old 08-08-2016, 12:39 PM   #9
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:

Honest question coming up, wanting to know your POV better.

You don't like the Man of Steel movie. How does that death of Zod play into your opinion?

If you disapprove, how then do you feel about Reeves' Superman killing Zod?
Old 08-08-2016, 12:40 PM   #10
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:

I loved everything about Reeve. How his superman was optimistic, hopeful and kind, everything superman was supposed to be. I don't hate man of steel absolutely, but I think Reeve was the absolute best and his movie is my favourite superhero movie of all time. I'd take his superman over the brooding (coughbatmancough) Superman in man of steel anyday.

Heck, I'm listening to his theme as I work:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RotVp2ezfs

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.

Last edited by FredWolfLeonardo; 08-08-2016 at 01:04 PM.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 12:45 PM   #11
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
There's a deleted scene in Donner's Superman II which showed Zod and company survived.

Was never used, but it's available on the DVDs
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 12:46 PM   #12
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

"Have fun storming the castle boys!"
"Do you think it'll work?"
"It would take a miracle."
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 12:53 PM   #13
Commenter 42
Banned

Quote:
Honest question coming up, wanting to know your POV better.

You don't like the Man of Steel movie. How does that death of Zod play into your opinion?

It's not the killing of Zod. It's not Superman killing, I'm not that guy - I don't think he really needed to, but it didn't break the movie for me. That happened about 5 minutes in. As soon as I saw etch-a-sketch land, I knew it was going to be a tough watch.

My issue is the view of the character as outcast, moody, awkward, brooding...
'78 took the high road all the time. He was a better person. He put others first.

Snyders Superman isn't super. Just a guy, and not a likable one. Lot's of characters you can do that with, not Supes.

That's just a taste of my gripes. If anything, Snyder made a movie about Bizarro.
Old 08-08-2016, 12:53 PM   #14
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
This will make Leo656 very happy and Commenter 42 very unhappy. There will be fist pumps and cries of joy from one man, and howls of outrage and gnashing of teeth from the other.

Me? Give me a Lex Luthor that isn't Jesse Eisenberg (or at least drastically change that twitchy twerp's performance) and more Cavill and Adams, and I'll be happy.

If WB has already jumped the gun and done Doomsday, what do they follow up with? The Superman Clone Saga (sorry, I don't remember the story arc's actual title)? Parasite? Bring in a better Supergirl (move over, Melissa)? Mongol? Metallo?

Personally, I'm betting the Superman clones... Superboy/girl, Cyborg Superman, Eradicator, Steel. I guess we'll have to see how Justice League handles bringing him back.
I hope Man of Steel 2 will have Supergirl in it, the prequel comic told Kara's origin, she was the one who stepped out of that cryochamber, when Superman went into the ship and for a brief moment, sees one that was opened.
Old 08-08-2016, 12:53 PM   #15
AT-Man
I SEEN IT

Great, now y'all just spoiled that Superman will get revived in DCEU!

Through the Golden Door
AT-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 01:56 PM   #16
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Yep. It's pretty pathetic, even factoring in the Reeve movies... his villains were Lex, then Zod, then Lex again in Returns, then Zod again in Man of Steel, and Lex again in BvS coupled with Zod's body again. How sad is that? Can we get new villains, please?

Mongul and Warworld would rock, though it might be thematically too similar to what they're probably planning with Darkseid and Apokalips. Brainiac is a no-brainer. I thought Man of Steel was foreshadowing him with the Codex stuff but they pissed it off to do a Dark Knight Returns/Death of Superman jambalaya in DC Cinematic Universe movie #2.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 02:48 PM   #17
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite

ugghhh

the first movie was DREADFUL!!! Wow, i don't intend on seeing this but if Cyborg Superman was the villain i'd consider it.
turtlefanforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 02:59 PM   #18
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:

I will assume Darkseid is reserved for Justice League. What about Brainiac? He could reverse the stance the public took as a result of Zod. During the chaos Lex could be creating another monster,but this time a Superman he can control which will result in Bizarro and if the plot merits it Superboy can enter as the perfected clone while Bizarro could be from dated dna and Superboy a touch of Luthor dna to humanize the Kryptonian clone.
Old 08-08-2016, 03:45 PM   #19
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Yep. It's pretty pathetic, even factoring in the Reeve movies... his villains were Lex, then Zod, then Lex again in Returns, then Zod again in Man of Steel, and Lex again in BvS coupled with Zod's body again. How sad is that? Can we get new villains, please?

Mongul and Warworld would rock, though it might be thematically too similar to what they're probably planning with Darkseid and Apokalips. Brainiac is a no-brainer. I thought Man of Steel was foreshadowing him with the Codex stuff but they pissed it off to do a Dark Knight Returns/Death of Superman jambalaya in DC Cinematic Universe movie #2.
They've bungled everything. Half of his supporting cast is already dead. Snyder will surely kill some more in JL.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 04:16 PM   #20
Commenter 42
Banned

You know who might make a good Superman film? Cameron.

Hear me out.

Think about the sci-fi of Superman. It's the part they rarely explore. Think about the menagerie of aliens. Would be interesting. Superman off-world.

I'd say Abrams, given what he's done for Star wars and Star Trek, but he already had a shot, and his ideas were a little meh.
Maybe he's grown.