The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Nothing scarier than shrunken heads, nut busters and a little dueling banjo...
I understand NOTHING. 8( 44 35.77%
And so goes another conflicted trip on the Apritello Romance Rollercoaster! 29 23.58%
Donnie better Never be in a room with Leatherhead AND Bigfoot, because he willl have NO face left. 5 4.07%
Noooo Ice Cream Kitty!!! 34 27.64%
And you thought Kraang Prime being a dude was a surprise.... 11 8.94%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-11-2014, 10:53 AM   #161
JTH
"ME"

Quote:
Originally Posted by evan2000 View Post
Alright I learned something new today
That some people think two words is three?
JTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 11:01 AM   #162
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Ok, thanks to evan, I was able to watch this episode. I gotta say, I pretty much laughed all the way through. I was also creeped out most of the way through. lol

I'm not going to lie, though. I liked this episode, but seems that the lesson taught and learned here regarding Donnie's advances towards April would be better applied to Casey, not Donnie.

I only say this, because Donnie, at no point that I've noticed, has he ever hovered over April. He's never forced a hug or a kiss on her. It was usually mutual and in season 1, most of those hugs were initiated by April herself. Donnie, for the most part, let April call the shots, but that music box was a bit much, I'll admit. Maybe if he'd just made the music box for her without his picture, the reaction would've been better. Personally, the photo would've been appropriate if it was a going away present. You know, a momento. With the storyboards, I figured it was in connection to his spirit quest.

Okay, other stuff...the ICK stuff had be really laughing. The Finger....was creepy, but he was being voiced by Jesse "the body" Ventura. Talk about a nostalgia trip to the WWF. The Finger was weird, though. The wrestling moves he did were great.

Okay...the kissing/storyboard stuff. I'm with Donnie. "I understand nothing". I'm under the impression, given the context that she does like Donnie in some way, because she did kiss him. Why kiss him like that? The other times April has kissed him (on the cheek) has been out of thanks and gratitude. This time was different, and if she didn't harbor some type of feelings, seems she just would've hugged him and said, "You're more than a mutant. You're a great person (insert other compliments here)". Y-yeah, I really think they're going towards the whole Donnie x April thing at some point.

Let's see, I LOVED Mikey and Raph for this ep, and it kinda makes me wonder in the beginning if Mikey genuinely though the music box was a good idea. I like how energetic Raph was to train, but boy did I feel bad that he had to clean the tub. That did gross me out. Raph should've gone into rage mode and made her clean it up. Compared to previous incarnations, he seems to have a very mild temper by comparison.

Oh yeah, when first meeting Bigfoot, the way "he" was standing, while holding Mikey by the face (*laughs at the irony*) was very feminine. lol

It was nice how Mikey agreed with Donnie to take care of Bigfoot's injury.

When Leo said what he said which ran Bigfoot off, I love how Mikey reacted to it. "What is wrong with you guys!" I love Mikey moments like that, just like in the Leatherhead ep.

I like how the Finger was defeated.... but him and Bigfoot paired up is...well...creepy? I dunno. I really wasn't expecting it.

When they were training, I found it surprising that they hadn't done any training in the woods after being in North Hampton for 3 whole months. Last ep they were training and Mikey and Donnie were doing fine. I guess my theory is that neither wanted to be too far away from Leo until he awoke from his coma. Raph constantly watched over him, and the other two I'm sure were doing things "close to home".

I kinda like these lighthearted episodes as I do feel it's needed after what happened at the end of season 2. Like others, though, I am definitely looking forward to learning more about April's mother. That's one thing on my "hopes for season 3" list. ^_^

Oh, btw, I was discharged today (October 11). I'm on my laptop. I still have to stay off another week from work though. At least I can use my laptop and not my phone. I've hit my limit for this month anyway, apparently. I think watching episode 1 + video chatting on Skype did it. lol
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 11:05 AM   #163
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
Cute!

Yep, that could be one way. Or, since this is Donatello we are talking about, the smart one out of the group, I'm sure he's read up on some other languages. Maybe he could tell her in, Elvish, Vulcan or Klingon!
I bet Leo would know those languages.
Old 10-11-2014, 11:08 AM   #164
Warhorse
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
Ok, thanks to evan, I was able to watch this episode. I gotta say, I pretty much laughed all the way through. I was also creeped out most of the way through. lol

Spoiler:
I'm not going to lie, though. I liked this episode, but seems that the lesson taught and learned here regarding Donnie's advances towards April would be better applied to Casey, not Donnie.

I only say this, because Donnie, at no point that I've noticed, has he ever hovered over April. He's never forced a hug or a kiss on her. It was usually mutual and in season 1, most of those hugs were initiated by April herself. Donnie, for the most part, let April call the shots, but that music box was a bit much, I'll admit. Maybe if he'd just made the music box for her without his picture, the reaction would've been better. Personally, the photo would've been appropriate if it was a going away present. You know, a momento. With the storyboards, I figured it was in connection to his spirit quest.

Okay, other stuff...the ICK stuff had be really laughing. The Finger....was creepy, but he was being voiced by Jesse "the body" Ventura. Talk about a nostalgia trip to the WWF. The Finger was weird, though. The wrestling moves he did were great.

Okay...the kissing/storyboard stuff. I'm with Donnie. "I understand nothing". I'm under the impression, given the context that she does like Donnie in some way, because she did kiss him. Why kiss him like that? The other times April has kissed him (on the cheek) has been out of thanks and gratitude. This time was different, and if she didn't harbor some type of feelings, seems she just would've hugged him and said, "You're more than a mutant. You're a great person (insert other compliments here)". Y-yeah, I really think they're going towards the whole Donnie x April thing at some point.

Let's see, I LOVED Mikey and Raph for this ep, and it kinda makes me wonder in the beginning if Mikey genuinely though the music box was a good idea. I like how energetic Raph was to train, but boy did I feel bad that he had to clean the tub. That did gross me out. Raph should've gone into rage mode and made her clean it up. Compared to previous incarnations, he seems to have a very mild temper by comparison.

Oh yeah, when first meeting Bigfoot, the way "he" was standing, while holding Mikey by the face (*laughs at the irony*) was very feminine. lol

When Leo said what he said which ran Bigfoot off, I love how Mikey reacted to it. "What is wrong with you guys!" I love Mikey moments like that, just like in the Leatherhead ep.

I like how the Finger was defeated.... but him and Bigfoot paired up is...well...creepy? I dunno. I really wasn't expecting it.

When they were training, I found it surprising that they hadn't done any training in the woods after being in North Hampton for 3 whole months. Last ep they were training and Mikey and Donnie were doing fine. I guess my theory is that neither wanted to be too far away from Leo until he awoke from his coma. Raph constantly watched over him, and the other two I'm sure were doing things "close to home".

I kinda like these lighthearted episodes as I do feel it's needed after what happened at the end of season 2. Like others, though, I am definitely looking forward to learning more about April's mother. That's one thing on my "hopes for season 3" list. ^_^

Oh, btw, I was discharged today (October 11). I'm on my laptop. I still have to stay off another week from work though. At least I can use my laptop and not my phone. I've hit my limit for this month anyway, apparently. I think watching episode 1 + video chatting on Skype did it. lol
First off. I am so glad to see you are out and up on your feet! You've been a bright spot on these forums and I look forward to your commentary. I really do hope for the best for you!

Second, you're mentioning how we haven't seen Raph lose his temper yet. You think that he's either matured now, or is he possibly harboring it all in, to be strong for everyone else. Because he looked like he was about to lose it in the finale of season 2. Things that he has seen, for his personality type, don't just go away. They just get bottled up until something comes along and triggers it.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 11:09 AM   #165
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Yeeeahhhh... I have a vague hope that maybe it was intended more as a mother's love over this "sad man" who was so obsessed with his shrunken head 'mother' and I guess was that alone in life. Or... maybe not. Must catch a repeat.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 11:19 AM   #166
Warhorse
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Yeeeahhhh... I have a vague hope that maybe it was intended more as a mother's love over this "sad man" who was so obsessed with his shrunken head 'mother' and I guess was that alone in life. Or... maybe not. Must catch a repeat.
I took that whole scene as a homeage to the last scene in Gremlins 2, when the guy was looking at the female Gremlin making moves on him, and he was like, what the hell! Might as well go for it!
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 11:23 AM   #167
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
First off. I am so glad to see you are out and up on your feet! You've been a bright spot on these forums and I look forward to your commentary. I really do hope for the best for you!
Thanks. Nice to be out. I was in the hospital for 6 weeks. I was there so long, I was a little anxious and panicky over being around people again. I joked that I was "being sprung from the joint". lol
Quote:
Second, you're mentioning how we haven't seen Raph lose his temper yet. You think that he's either matured now, or is he possibly harboring it all in, to be strong for everyone else. Because he looked like he was about to lose it in the finale of season 2. Things that he has seen, for his personality type, don't just go away. They just get bottled up until something comes along and triggers it.
Oh no, I didn't mean it that way. I meant that his temper is mild (sans the OT and Archie versions of him) compared to past incarnations overall, which makes me wonder how this "Dark Raph" storyline will actually play out. As for wanting Raph to rage over having to clean the tub, I just meant that in a comedic sense. lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Maybe you're right. He can take care of Norman....I mean "The Finger". This will be my headcanon even if I'm 110% wrong. That's a mother/son set up, not a romantic set up. lol
Old 10-11-2014, 11:25 AM   #168
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
I took that whole scene as a homeage to the last scene in Gremlins 2, when the guy was looking at the female Gremlin making moves on him, and he was like, what the hell! Might as well go for it!
Oh my gosh! As a kid, I found that to be the creepiest part of the whole movie!! lol
Old 10-11-2014, 11:28 AM   #169
victory_angel
Foot Elite

I know the Episode was meant to show Donnie what he has been doing to April. But alot of the more love sick puppy behavior was for season 1 not season 2.

Even then Donnie didn't come off as strongly as Big Foot was doing.

Yeah there were moments when Donnie was making April uncomfortable in the beginning. And she does call him out on it when he's staring at her.
It was during Monkey Brains that she begins to see him in a new light because that is when she sees his vulnerable side. Seeing him get hurt by trying to fend off monkey rockwell, seeing him offence towards insulting words that can apply to him, and also seeing how his bros can be jerks to him some times.

Even the whole chart debacle thing. Donnie is a strategist and charting possible outcomes is one way of showing that. And even then the examples he gives are just attempts to get to know her as a person and spend time with her. Not force her to have sex with him.

And the moments where April is more welcoming to Donnie is when he's being himself as her friend not when he's trying to charm her.

And Donnie has been fairly respectful of April's boundaries. He's never outright kisses her or hugged her, nor has he required that she do so to him.

The only time he feels expectant of a hug is when Alien Agenda, and he respects that she didn't want one at that time.

And he hasn't attempted to make April dinner or anything of that sort.

With Big Foot, Donnie wasn't the only man she has encountered. He was the only man who has been kind to her. As she says "The Finger" is badness, but Donnie is goodness.
And she takes the kindness with the wrong impression. And despite how uncomfortable she makes him feel, Donnie still runs into the wood after her to get her to calm down.
Old 10-11-2014, 11:29 AM   #170
kolaida
Foot Soldier

Quote:

Yay, congrats on being discharged. Keep resting up, we don't want you back in there any time soon!

Yes, Raph's temper seems more mild now, I kinda like it. But I do agree with Warhorse that he is probably bottling it up and will snap at some point. He honestly seems the most mature to me and pretty accepting of whatever may be. I'd love to see him pound Shredder.

Also, I loved Mikey's reaction to Leo and Casey hurting Bigfoot's feelings, lol. But I felt kinda bad because I was also laughing, lol!!!
kolaida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 11:50 AM   #171
hypnock
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolaida View Post
Also, I loved Mikey's reaction to Leo and Casey hurting Bigfoot's feelings, lol. But I felt kinda bad because I was also laughing, lol!!!
I like that part of Mikey too. It shows that he really cares about other's feeling, like the time when Ralph teased Donnie and Mikey said about a heart.

But how did he know? He was sleeping.

Image by Ben Chen
hypnock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 12:39 PM   #172
THGhost
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I thought Bigfoot should have been male.
Here we go again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Guys, April was calming Don down. What was she to do, tear his heart out? April is not looking to getting it on with a Turtle. Please, people.

I'll say it again. This is not fanfiction.net, tumblr, or deviantart. Your minds are obviously being influenced by what you see in this places and applying it here. I doubt 40 year old adults have any interest in writing April on Turtle action.
Says the guy who wanted Big Foot to be gay. This is a kids show remember, we're not gonna be seeing same-sex relationships. Never mind inter-species relationships.

A half-decent filler episode with a few good moments, nothing special.

Poor Ice Cream Kitty!

Was anybody else reminded of The Powerpuff Girls when they saw this?

1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007

"Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

"Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester

"Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42

Last edited by THGhost; 10-11-2014 at 12:48 PM.
THGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 12:41 PM   #173
evan2000
Stone Warrior

Quote:
You're welcome, and glad that you're discharged! I also laughed all the way through this episode too, the last time it was this funny was back in Season 1's Metalhead!

Quote:
Originally Posted by THGhost View Post
I didn't catch that the first time, but now I see it. Nice find!
evan2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 12:49 PM   #174
THGhost
Puppet Master

I'm still not feeling Seth Green's voice as Leo yet. Maybe once he's fully healed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by evan2000 View Post
I didn't catch that the first time, but now I see it. Nice find!
Is it wrong that I loved that show as a kid?

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

Old 10-11-2014, 12:51 PM   #175
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Quote:
I see nothing wrong with it. I grew up watching this show and loved it! Buttercup is my fav.

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 12:52 PM   #176
THGhost
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTitan97 View Post
Buttercup is my fav.
Same here. Might buy the whole show someday and relive some more memories.

Old 10-11-2014, 12:57 PM   #177
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Quote:
Maybe they are reminding us that it's coming back next year

But it be on Cartoon Network not Nick

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 12:59 PM   #178
THGhost
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
Maybe they are reminding us that it's coming back next year

But it be on Cartoon Network not Nick
I wish they wouldn't, I wasn't a fan of that recent special. I prefer the old animation. At least they've still got the original voices.

Speaking of animation, I was disappointed to not see much of Crognar the Barbarian in this episode.

Old 10-11-2014, 01:35 PM   #179
ObiWanFan4life
Mad Scientist

Was I the only one who thought of Tom Hanks in Cast Away when the hunter brought out that shrunken head?
Old 10-11-2014, 01:40 PM   #180
gunstarheroblue
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartiusR View Post
Bleh, an I thought that previous episode was bad. This one was for me far worser. I felt so embarrased during watching this, that it was the first time, I was so close to stop watching (and to be honest, I regret that I haven't done this - there was nothing worthy to watch, up to the end of the episode). Definitely not my pair of shoes. Not to mention about so trivial idea as "yeti/big foot/sasquatch" thing - but that's (unfortunately) one of the less important weaknesses of this episode.

And I thought that whole Kraang-thing or episodes like Pizza-Face were weak. Ok, they're (at least for me), but not so terribly like this one
agreed, parts in this episode and last made me cringe - most of these villain flavours of the week have been down right terrible along with the various gags that go with them.
Also Seth green's Leo making fun of bigfoot mildly reminded me of his "Robot Chicken" humour- uncharacteristic for Leo to be like that at all.

not the best start to a season ,if 13 episodes are to be at the farmhouse, we are in for a long haul hmnn whats going to be next weeks farmhouse monster? as someone has mentioned at times this seems more like Scooby-Doo than TMNT - but hey i guess the kids like it so i guess thats all that matters.