The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Old 03-30-2021, 06:37 AM   #1
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist

Nation’s (USA) first ‘vaccine passport’ coming to New York

Nation’s first ‘vaccine passport’ coming to New York

By Gabrielle Fonrouge - March 26, 2021

https://nypost.com/2021/03/26/nation...g-to-new-york/
Quote:
The nation’s very first “vaccine passport” is coming to the Big Apple.

The program, dubbed the “Excelsior Pass,” is an app that will allow New Yorkers to prove their vaccination status, or recent history of a negative COVID-19 test, in order to gain entry to events and businesses, Governor Cuomo announced in a news release Friday.

“Similar to a mobile airline boarding pass, individuals will be able to either print out their pass or store it on their smartphones using the Excelsior Pass Wallet app,” the news release explains. “Each Pass will have a secure QR code, which participating businesses and venues can scan using a companion app to verify proof of COVID-19 negative test results or proof of vaccination. An individual’s data is kept secure and confidential at all times.” The app won’t show any health information when scanned — it’ll only show a green checkmark if the person has been vaccinated or tested negatively or a red “x” if they haven’t.

Major venues, such as Madison Square Garden and the Times Union Center in Albany, will begin using the app next week and on April 2, Excelsior Pass will expand to “smaller arts, entertainment and event venues,” Cuomo’s office said.

The app, which launched Friday, already works to prove vaccination status or negative test results and can be used to gain access to wedding receptions, which now require negative tests from attendees, and other events above the social gathering limit.

“New Yorkers have proven they can follow public health guidance to beat back COVID, and the innovative Excelsior Pass is another tool in our new toolbox to fight the virus while allowing more sectors of the economy to reopen safely and keeping personal information secure,” Cuomo said in a statement. “The question of ‘public health or the economy’ has always been a false choice — the answer must be both. As more New Yorkers get vaccinated each day and as key public health metrics continue to regularly reach their lowest rates in months, the first-in-the-nation Excelsior Pass heralds the next step in our thoughtful, science-based reopening.”

The app, launched after two pilot demonstrations held in recent weeks, will use blockchain technology and encryption to ensure the health information is stored securely. To sign up, New Yorkers can register by downloading the app and inputting personal information to verify their identity. The app will then pull data from the state’s vaccine registry and a number of pre-approved COVID-19 testing companies.
Talk about Big Brother, discrimination, 4th Amendment and HIPAA violations that want the government and big business to know personal medical information for permission in merely entering a building. We knew this was coming though.

Last edited by Refractive Reflections; 03-30-2021 at 06:45 AM.
Refractive Reflections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 06:51 AM   #2
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

But voter ID... totally racist.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 06:57 AM   #3
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist

From the same people from the New York government, who are also putting people like New York Commissioner Tracey A. Edwards to declare for people to trust the government. See at 27:20-28:01:

"I'm not asking what's in the infusion,
I'm not looking up all of the ingredients in the infusion,
I'm sticking out my arm,
and I'm taking the infusion! And that's what we have to do!"
Old 03-30-2021, 07:52 AM   #4
Coola Yagami
Overlord

But why? If most everyone gets the vaccine won't corona go the way of the mumphs since there'll be noone left for it to infect? I mean by next year the Corona card is gonna be as useless as a Swine Flu card or a Bird Flu card.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 08:55 AM   #5
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Also, where are all of the angry leftist Dromer's screaming "believe women"? Cuomo has been accused of sexual misconduct by several people now.
Why isn't he stepping down? Where is the hate and outrage?

I want f'n heads.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 09:00 AM   #6
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
But why? If most everyone gets the vaccine won't corona go the way of the mumphs since there'll be noone left for it to infect? I mean by next year the Corona card is gonna be as useless as a Swine Flu card or a Bird Flu card.
Its not about people's health or corona. Its all about control... just like the d@mn masks.
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 07:40 PM   #7
ssjup81
Foot Elite

I don't have a problem with this really. When the whole Small Pox thing was a thing, people carried around cards to prove they'd been vaccinated. At least it's not government mandated. It's up to companies if they require one to have it to use their facilities and it seems that getting these "Vaccine Passports", which have been around for years anyway, is an optional thing. I guess this also doesn't feel like a big deal, because there are times where you have to present your vaccination information that's also been done for years.

To enroll your kids in school, you need to share that information. You have to have a certain amount of vaccinations completed by Kindergarten, but I know some places don't require it. Probably private schools. Also, I think for most universities and colleges these days, where in-person instruction is done, they require vaccination information.

In order to enter certain countries, those people use "Vaccine Passports" (my aunt and uncle had to when they went on vacation in Africa, but forget which countries they visited).

If I'm not mistaken, military officers tend to have them since they do a lot of international travel.

For certain jobs you have to have your vaccination information presented to them to make sure you're up-to-date and if you do not have some of those vaccines, they order you to get one, or you can't work there (unless it's a medical reason why you can't get it). So yeah...I don't get what the big deal is, personally. Been doing this for all of our lives, practically.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Don't get why people keep saying this. Voter ID isn't racist, but making it more difficult for some people is a bit prejudiced. For instance, where I live, the only thing we need to vote is any government issued ID. I sometimes use my driver's license and I have used my passport. For those who do not have either of those, they can use a utility bill addressed to the voter with the current address matching what's on the voter roll registration. It is a problem, though, if legislatures want to put in more strict rules as to what can be used and what cannot be or those who want to have multiple forms of ID just to cast a vote. For myself, I have two and my social security card, but everyone doesn't have those things. Not everyone drives and maybe they'd been using some other alternative to casting a vote. In Georgia, to my knowledge, for those who need state Voter IDs if they do not have the other forms of ID, it is free, which is fine, but they need a lot of documentation just to register for one, which would include having to pay for those things or even taking time out to go to city hall and stuff like that. IMO, to get a Voter ID, providing your social security number (as an alternative), name, and address should be enough to receive one. Some people do not have birth certificates or had them, and became lost over time. In the case of my cousin, the hospital she was born in doesn't exist anymore, so getting a copy of her birth certificate a few years ago was a hassle. Now that I'm thinking about it, I'm not sure if she ever managed to get another copy.

Another thing, the main issue I think most logical people were having a problem with regarding the bill was the cutting back of the hours, cutting back on early voting times, ditching the reason-free absentee voting set up that had been around since the early 2000s (iirc), limiting ballot boxes, limiting the amount of polling places in general even more than what they were, which tend to affect mostly areas with poc which creates super long waits, and getting rid of Sunday voting (which was good for those who work weekdays and for those who celebrate the Sabbath/day of worship on Fridays/Saturdays).
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
Also, where are all of the angry leftist Dromer's screaming "believe women"? Cuomo has been accused of sexual misconduct by several people now.
Why isn't he stepping down? Where is the hate and outrage?

I want f'n heads.
He's not stepping down because he's choosing not to. What can anyone do about that? People have been calling for him to step down, left and right.

Last edited by ssjup81; 03-30-2021 at 08:16 PM. Reason: Edit: Curse thee typos! lol
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 09:02 PM   #8
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
He's not stepping down because he's choosing not to. What can anyone do about that? People have been calling for him to step down, left and right.
People were burning down buildings and assaulting people in the streets for less or the same.....
Old 03-31-2021, 12:25 PM   #9
Banned

this is horrifying

all these “debunked conspiracy theories” are coming true.

“imagine a vaccine so safe you have to be threatened to take it, for a disease so deadly you have to be tested to know you have it” -unknown
1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 12:41 PM   #10
Leo656
The Franchise

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 05:00 PM   #11
IMJ
Emperor

They are introducing vaccine passports and other liberal-tracking nonsense and people are flowing to it. What are you going to do next year when you need your next series of vaccines and you stop suddenly and go "Durp but urt I got mine dah last year oneeee!"

When is it going to end? This vaccine isn't a one time thing. You are going to have to get it every year with the new strain.

I don't think people realize that this isn't like the measles when you were a kid with a one and done shot practically for life.
Old 03-31-2021, 08:14 PM   #12
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
In my opinion, not really.

1) COVID-19 is classified in the family of "coronavirus", and it's similar to the common cold in which you can only vaccinate for a strain or closely related to it. For example, take the flu shot for the common cold. It has to be made every year because the cumulative effect of the viral mutations leads to different strains, and researchers have to predict which strains will be global as they develop the flu shot.

Quote:
The development of vaccines for the common cold has been difficult because of antigenic variability of the common cold virus and the indistinguishable multiple other viruses and even bacteria acting as infective agents. There is uncertainty regarding the efficacy and safety of interventions for preventing the common cold in healthy people. This is an update of a Cochrane review first published in 2011 and previously updated in 2013.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6481390/

It wouldn't surprise me that these new variants from South Africa, the UK, and etc. might trigger a perpetual cycle of new vaccines for other variants just to profit Big Pharma.

------------
2) But don't put too much faith in Big Pharma's vaccine trials though...

"Covid-19 Vaccine Protocols Reveal That Trials Are Designed To Succeed" by William A. Haseltine of Forbes Magazine
https://www.forbes.com/sites/william...h=cae916652479
Quote:
Vaccine efficacy is typically proved by large clinical trials over several years. The pharmaceutical companies intend to do trials ranging from thirty thousand to sixty thousand participants. This scale of study would be sufficient for testing vaccine efficacy. The first surprise found upon a closer reading of the protocols reveals that each study intends to complete interim and primary analyses that at most include 164 participants.

These companies likely intend to apply for an emergency use authorization (EUA) from the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) with just their limited preliminary results.
The second surprise from these protocols is how mild the requirements for contracted Covid-19 symptoms are. A careful reading reveals that the minimum qualification for a case of Covid-19 is a positive PCR test and one or two mild symptoms. These include headache, fever, cough, or mild nausea. This is far from adequate. These vaccine trials are testing to prevent common cold symptoms.

One of the more immediate questions a trial needs to answer is whether a vaccine prevents infection. If someone takes this vaccine, are they far less likely to become infected with the virus? These trials all clearly focus on eliminating symptoms of Covid-19, and not infections themselves. Asymptomatic infection is listed as a secondary objective in these trials when they should be of critical importance.

It appears that all the pharmaceutical companies assume that the vaccine will never prevent infection. Their criteria for approval is the difference in symptoms between an infected control group and an infected vaccine group. They do not measure the difference between infection and noninfection as a primary motivation.

A greater concern for the millions of older people and those with preexisting conditions is whether these trials test the vaccine's ability to prevent severe illness and death. Again we find that severe illness and death are only secondary objectives in these trials. None list the prevention of death and hospitalization as a critically important barrier.

If total infections, hospitalizations, and death are going to be ignored in the preliminary trials of the vaccines, then there must be phase four testing to monitor their safety and efficacy. This would be long term massive scale monitoring of the vaccine. There must be an indication that the authorized vaccines are reducing infection, hospitalization, and death, or else they will not be able to stop this pandemic.

These protocols do not emphasize the most important ramifications of Covid-19 that people are most interested in preventing: overall infection, hospitalization, and death. It boggles the mind and defies common sense that the National Institute of Health, the Center for Disease Control, the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease, and the rest would consider the approval of a vaccine that would be distributed to hundreds of millions on such slender threads of success.

It appears that these trials are intended to pass the lowest possible barrier of success. As this is being written, the FDA is poised to announce tougher standards for a Covid-19 vaccine in the near future. It is my hope that these new standards for an EUA will at a minimum include requirements for protections from infection itself, protections from severe virus-related disease leading to hospitalization, and a significant improvement in Covid-19 related mortality.

It is clear from these studies that the vaccines currently under trial will not be the silver bullet needed to end the pandemic. We must do all we can public health measures to control Covid-19 as China and other Asian countries have successfully done.
----------------------
3) Add to the fact that you can not sue Big Pharma for any adverse reactions from the COVID vaccine:
"You can’t sue Pfizer or Moderna if you have severe Covid vaccine side effects. The government likely won’t compensate you for damages either" by MacKenzie Sigalos of CNBC
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/12/16/covi...n-lawsuit.html
Quote:
  • Under the PREP Act, companies like Pfizer and Moderna have total immunity from liability if something unintentionally goes wrong with their vaccines.
  • A little-known government program provides benefits to people who can prove they suffered serious injury from a vaccine.
  • That program rarely pays, covering just 29 claims over the last decade.

Under the PREP Act, companies like Pfizer and Moderna have total immunity from liability if something unintentionally goes wrong with their vaccines. If you experience severe side effects after getting a Covid vaccine, lawyers tell CNBC there is basically no one to blame in a U.S. court of law. The federal government has granted companies like Pfizer and Moderna immunity from liability if something unintentionally goes wrong with their vaccines. “It is very rare for a blanket immunity law to be passed,” said Rogge Dunn, a Dallas labor and employment attorney. “Pharmaceutical companies typically aren’t offered much liability protection under the law.“

You also can’t sue the Food and Drug Administration for authorizing a vaccine for emergency use, nor can you hold your employer accountable if they mandate inoculation as a condition of employment.
-------------
4) Then there's also the emergence of "breakthrough cases" in which some of those who are vaccinated, are still getting COVID-19. Now whether these are new variants, or as the Forbes article suggested a mediocre vaccine is a whole other area of investigation.

Therefore, it's understandable for some people to be very reluctant to have this COVID vaccine with this new novel mRNA approach, if one takes an overall viewpoint of the whole matter. ...Though you won't see these news stories, or this perspective, on the national evening news from the mainstream media.

Last edited by Refractive Reflections; 03-31-2021 at 09:37 PM. Reason: Some grammar, and clarification corrections
Old 04-01-2021, 01:51 AM   #13
Mayhem
Foot Elite

Point #4 is duh, of course, because no vaccine is claiming 100% immunity. So you would expect a small percentage of people immunised are still going to contract Covid afterwards. But the argue points are valid, until more testing, you can't tell if that's due to not being effective for that person, or it's a strain that the vaccine isn't able to handle.

As for point #3, that's the one that the missus and myself were like "woah" when he heard in the US. If you happen to be one of those SooL on the jab, you've got no one to blame and no one to help you. That's bad.
Old 04-01-2021, 05:53 PM   #14
Leo656
The Franchise

Double-R needs to post more. This place needs more common sense.

Old 04-01-2021, 06:08 PM   #15
Galactus
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Promoting conspiracy theories that evil Jews are weakening the white race by degrading traditional marriage is not common sense.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 06:21 PM   #16
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refractive Reflections View Post
In my opinion, not really.

1) COVID-19 is classified in the family of "coronavirus", and it's similar to the common cold in which you can only vaccinate for a strain or closely related to it. For example, take the flu shot for the common cold. It has to be made every year because the cumulative effect of the viral mutations leads to different strains, and researchers have to predict which strains will be global as they develop the flu shot.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6481390/

It wouldn't surprise me that these new variants from South Africa, the UK, and etc. might trigger a perpetual cycle of new vaccines for other variants just to profit Big Pharma.

------------
2) But don't put too much faith in Big Pharma's vaccine trials though...

"Covid-19 Vaccine Protocols Reveal That Trials Are Designed To Succeed" by William A. Haseltine of Forbes Magazine
https://www.forbes.com/sites/william...h=cae916652479

----------------------
3) Add to the fact that you can not sue Big Pharma for any adverse reactions from the COVID vaccine:
"You can’t sue Pfizer or Moderna if you have severe Covid vaccine side effects. The government likely won’t compensate you for damages either" by MacKenzie Sigalos of CNBC
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/12/16/covi...n-lawsuit.html

-------------
4) Then there's also the emergence of "breakthrough cases" in which some of those who are vaccinated, are still getting COVID-19. Now whether these are new variants, or as the Forbes article suggested a mediocre vaccine is a whole other area of investigation.

Therefore, it's understandable for some people to be very reluctant to have this COVID vaccine with this new novel mRNA approach, if one takes an overall viewpoint of the whole matter. ...Though you won't see these news stories, or this perspective, on the national evening news from the mainstream media.
Great post, man. Much the same position I was taking right above you.

Quote:
Agreed. But see we used to do that more here. But for my part in it I still make the same points but I don't want to contain the vitriol at all in certain circumstances because academic points don't matter here when it comes to the target audience here. They will say it matters, but they are lying as a matter of convenience. If you let the vitriol out, they'll say you make points without support, if you make points with support they'll just say what's easiest to counter that.

I'm past the point of pure academia, although I'm still on life experience. Where it goes from there though just gets darker.
Old 04-01-2021, 06:23 PM   #17
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
Promoting conspiracy theories that evil Jews are weakening the white race by degrading traditional marriage is not common sense.
I think you're confusing Reflections with FWLeonardo. FWL is the outspoken anti-Semite, RR simply speaks the truth.

It's pretty funny how Reflections posts stuff that is all very easily looked up and proven, and some people just "Nope" it because they don't like the message.

Remember that nutcase ex-Mod who used to give me sh*t for not posting sources because I have better sh*t to do than spend my entire day on Google? Yeah, turns out that's not what the issue is, the issue is that people on The Left disregard any factual evidence that runs counter to their nonsense. Because Reflections goes out of his way to present factual evidence of This or That and people still go "Nah, I don't think that's right." In spite of the mountain of evidence that yeah, he is right.

Good thing Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings, as a "controversial" wise man once (and often) said.

Old 04-01-2021, 06:28 PM   #18
Galactus
Foot Elite

Quote:
I think you're confusing Reflections with FWLeonardo. FWL is the outspoken anti-Semite, RR simply speaks the truth.
If that's true then I owe RR an apology for the mix up.

If you're reading Refractive Reflections I'm sorry.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 06:38 PM   #19
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:

It's pretty funny how Reflections posts stuff that is all very easily looked up and proven, and some people just "Nope" it because they don't like the message.
Happens to me here all the time, dude. It's like some of us have discussed privately. The more galvanizing you are in your points, the more the trouble-making, weak-link snowflakes just meltdown. It proves that between level head's there's a lot to be said and that between ultra liberal nuts and the "life angry" there is no real conversation. There is only their "life angry" vengeance. Like said ex-mod....

Quote:
Iemember that nutcase ex-Mod who used to give me sh*t for not posting sources because I have better sh*t to do than spend my entire day on Google? Yeah, turns out that's not what the issue is, the issue is that people on The Left disregard any factual evidence that runs counter to their nonsense.
This was the same position that another.... poster.... here on the forums recently took with me. Except that it was worse because I cite facts and hands on experience all the time.

You want a secret to operating in confidence? You know your opposition is full of $#!( and has no education when they demand sources for everything that is otherwise common sense, or personally experiential. I think you learn what and whatnot requires citing in English 100 where they teach you to write the three paragraph essay for God's sake. But some people just weaponize "cite" as an attack.

I agree with you regarding what you've said about Reflections posts here, but full transparency - I'm internalizing it because let's face it - I... ahem... mirror ahem Reflections point making all day long on these forums. But I used to be tolerant here. Now I'm just pissed off at these MF'ers.

Last edited by IMJ; 04-01-2021 at 06:43 PM.
Old 04-02-2021, 12:09 PM   #20
mrmaczaps
Banned

When did the drome get so red pilled? Seems like that used to be the minority around here....
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
covid, passports, vaccine