The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Old 04-02-2021, 01:07 PM   #22
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 09:06 PM   #23
Leo656
The Franchise

Weed is not a "drug". It is a borderline essential life hack. It ought to come free in the mail with those sample boxes of Tide.

I used to have a very simplistic mindset and lumped weed in with real drugs, because that's what teachers and cartoon shows taught me. Come to find out, they couldn't be more different. For one thing, the only thing you get "addicted" to from smoking pot is Cheez-Its, and nobody ever shot someone in the face to score a bag of pot the way they do for crack and heroin. A dealer might do that, maybe, not a "regular person" who only smokes it.

What I've discovered is that a lot of the lies people tell kids about weed indirectly leads them to do hard drugs. Once they find out that everything the grown-ups taught them about weed was a complete lie - it won't actually do anything but make you feel less pain and anxiety, and perhaps a bit hungry, but it certainly won't "ruin your life" unless you're already a complete loser - they figured "F*ck it, I guess if weed's okay, then ALL drugs must be okay!" Because people are generally very, very bad at recognizing "nuance". I knew plenty of people who were straight-edge their entire life, tried pot after getting out of high school, realized it was fine, and figured "I guess coke is fine, too! And heroin is also probably okay." And then next thing you know they're in jail for robbing their grandma's jewelry to buy smack. Like my wife's idiot nephews. I knew lots of people like that.

It's like "No, man; pot is Fine but the rest of that sh*t is the f*cking Devil." But people can't really wrap their heads around that kind of thing. It's a shame. It would probably be better off if they taught kids the truth at an early age, like "Yeah, pot's pretty much harmless, but you shouldn't mess with it until you're out of school because it can really eat up your free time and right now is when you need to spend all your time preparing for your future. When you're an adult, you'll have more time to just f*ck around without consequence, but until then you shouldn't mess with it. And ALL that other sh*t will f*cking kill you, and you'll ruin a lot of other people's lives too, so don't even think about it."

Telling people the simple, plain truth generally is the best way of dealing with just about anything.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 08:23 AM   #24
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Weed is not a "drug". It is a borderline essential life hack.
Sounds more like shrooms and DMT to me, man. LOL!
Old 04-04-2021, 09:53 PM   #25
Hamato Yoshi
Stone Warrior

In Holland theyre thinking of only selling weed to dutch people (they must show passport)
Hamato Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 09:09 AM   #26
The Deadman
Foot Elite

I'm from Baltimore, and I can tell you that this is what happens when it's Democratic controlled and the district attorney and her husband are corrupt as hell. Those 2 are literally under investigation by the feds right now for a bunch of sh*t.

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 05:01 PM   #27
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
I'm from Baltimore, and I can tell you that this is what happens when it's Democratic controlled and the district attorney and her husband are corrupt as hell. Those 2 are literally under investigation by the feds right now for a bunch of sh*t.

Where are the forum leftists now? Why aren't they still hating on Trump and pointing out how this Maryland thing is great? Where are the forum leftists to $#!t on your actual life experience from living in the area in question, while they generate informed opinions from their retail-life body of experience? I want f'n heads.
Old 04-07-2021, 10:33 AM   #28
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
Where are the forum leftists now? Why aren't they still hating on Trump and pointing out how this Maryland thing is great? Where are the forum leftists to $#!t on your actual life experience from living in the area in question, while they generate informed opinions from their retail-life body of experience? I want f'n heads.
Too busy going "what about the Republican controlled cities?".

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 09:10 PM   #29
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
It was always about hate, never anything else. It's just that they had an excuse for it the past four years, and now that said excuse is gone, they're showing their true colors. Even more so, for everyone who wasn't paying enough attention.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 10:38 AM   #30
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
It was always about hate, never anything else. It's just that they had an excuse for it the past four years, and now that said excuse is gone, they're showing their true colors. Even more so, for everyone who wasn't paying enough attention.
Exactly. And I don't see them doubling down on their BS in these threads as far as the Dromers go....