The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Old 07-04-2021, 05:04 PM   #41
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
That show was probably one of the first black television shows that I watched as a kid, though it appealed more to my parents than for me. However, I always thought of Cosby as a humble man. Me and a few friends watched and enjoyed Fat Albert as kids. I also enjoyed reading his Little Bill books and watching the cartoon with my younger brother even though I was well past the age for the show. To see him go down this route is very disheartening...

I did see that Phylicia Rashad praised his release with Janet Hubert (the original Aunt Viv) calling her out on her response.
She then apologized.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/phylici...CNI-00-10aaa3b
Old 07-04-2021, 05:34 PM   #42
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Yeah I know. She probably just still cares about her old friend.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 03:02 AM   #43
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamato Yoshi View Post
Rudolf Hess lived to be over 90 I think and so might Breivik

So no , justice isn't always served
If they stay in the prison - its fine.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 09:13 AM   #44
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Not saying Cosby is innocent, but the more stuff I hear the more I have my doubts. Just the timing of things, the fact some of these women admitted to lying (one even admitted to lying to get a book out of this, obviously years after her book was published and she made her money), the fact that Cosby's admission was just saying he gave them the drugs (as in handed them the drugs for them to take back at an era where everyone took those drugs during sex parties) etc etc

Idk man. It feels like a reverse OJ the more I find out. OJ was guilty but the world 'needed' him to be innocent at the time. Kinda feel with the odd timing of it all (Cosby talking telling the black community what they needed to hear but didn't like, Cosby wanting to buy NBC, Me Too needing a head on a silver platter). Regardless of everything, the world 'needed' Cosby to be guilty.

Again not saying he did or didn't, or I'm siding with him or anything, def not insulting or discrediting the victims, if it happened then it's a terrible thing they experienced and I feel for them of course, but if they were just dogpiling on the guy cause 'he must be guilty no matter what', well.....

I'm just saying it's a complicated issue, but way more complicated then what it looked like on the surface. Like the Micheal Jackson stuff.

I mean if you're a target, the media can and will make you a monster, and even if Cosby was innocent, they won, his reputation is tarnished til his dying days. That is also a scary thought. If anything, that one Simpsons episode taught us to not just blindly believe the media.

But by all means if he's guilty then screw him all to hell and my heart goes out to the victims.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/

Last edited by Coola Yagami; 07-06-2021 at 09:20 AM.
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 10:26 AM   #45
IMJ
Emperor

A lot of people went down at the height of the Me Too thing. And a lot of it was greatly exaggerated response to the cultural movement at that point. Like you, not saying that Cosby was innocent but Me Too was another witch hunt from the witch hunt generation - burn everyone at the stake no matter what spell we say they cast.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 09:14 PM   #46
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

It's deeply disappointing that Cosby was freed.

I know that it was based on a technicality, but regardless, justice wasn't served. Society shouldn't continue to allow the abuse/mistreatment of women.

My thoughts are with the women who are currently suffering from this.

It's such a punch in the face to the #MeToo Movement, and a kick in the crotch to Women's Rights everywhere.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 09:17 PM   #47
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papenbrook View Post
It's deeply disappointing that Cosby was freed.

I know that it was based on a technicality, but regardless, justice wasn't served. Society shouldn't continue to allow the abuse/mistreatment of women.

My thoughts are with the women who are currently suffering from this.

It's such a punch in the face to the #MeToo Movement, and a kick in the crotch to Women's Rights everywhere.
Same here, actually. He admitted to the drugging thing. Also, all of these women came forward with nothing to gain since the statutes of limitations were up.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 09:27 PM   #48
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

I just hope that the victims/survivors who suffered from Cosby know that there are people who are with them.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote