The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2021, 01:43 PM   #221
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 37,776
I actually did think the Mutant Town arc started off decently, the first few issues like issue 101-105 or so were alright. But then we just never moved on. The arc got better again around the time Karai and Rahzar/Tokka happened, but then after that we went to the battle of the bands arc and that was a low point.

It's weird because there are some individual issues in this span I actually did enjoy, but they get lost in the overall arc being too same-y.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 02:40 PM   #222
Mexiun
Foot Soldier
 
Mexiun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Netherlands.
Posts: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I actually did think the Mutant Town arc started off decently, the first few issues like issue 101-105 or so were alright. But then we just never moved on. The arc got better again around the time Karai and Rahzar/Tokka happened, but then after that we went to the battle of the bands arc and that was a low point.

It's weird because there are some individual issues in this span I actually did enjoy, but they get lost in the overall arc being too same-y.
I thought the Mutant Town was cool for the first 4 issues, but i began to get bored of it already on issue 5 and i already had a few questions about Mutant Town from issue 2 onwards with all the drama and the crying of every character.
Mexiun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 02:59 PM   #223
Zog The Magnificent
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexiun View Post
I thought the Mutant Town was cool for the first 4 issues, but i began to get bored of it already on issue 5 and i already had a few questions about Mutant Town from issue 2 onwards with all the drama and the crying of every character.
Same. I was good for the initial 5 issue arc. It was a nice breather. It started addressing the fallout from #100, set up the new status quo, gradually got the turtles back together and by the end everyone was back and in a good mood, and I was like "Awesome, now we can move on to the plot!" But then it never did, and it just kept going and going and getting more and more mundane and fanfiction-y and boring and here we are. It's a shame, because the idea had potential and they completely squandered it.
Zog The Magnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 03:24 PM   #224
Mexiun
Foot Soldier
 
Mexiun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Netherlands.
Posts: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zog The Magnificent View Post
Same. I was good for the initial 5 issue arc. It was a nice breather. It started addressing the fallout from #100, set up the new status quo, gradually got the turtles back together and by the end everyone was back and in a good mood, and I was like "Awesome, now we can move on to the plot!" But then it never did, and it just kept going and going and getting more and more mundane and fanfiction-y and boring and here we are. It's a shame, because the idea had potential and they completely squandered it.
They should've just made a spinoff of Mutant Town called "Ninja Turtles: Mutant Town" and in the main story they should've just continued with the story so that "Ninja Turtles: Mutant Town" is just a spinoff if you enjoy it, and kinda like a prequel to the main one.
Mexiun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 03:33 PM   #225
Zog The Magnificent
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexiun View Post
They should've just made a spinoff of Mutant Town called "Ninja Turtles: Mutant Town" and in the main story they should've just continued with the story so that "Ninja Turtles: Mutant Town" is just a spinoff if you enjoy it, and kinda like a prequel to the main one.
See that would have solved bascially every problem. Even if the Mutant Town spinoff was the same quality as what we have now, it's a spinoff and you can just ignore it, safely isolated from anything else. Of course, this plan wouldn't work unless they also got an actual good writer for the main ongoing.
Zog The Magnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 03:52 PM   #226
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 21,492
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexiun View Post
They should've just made a spinoff of Mutant Town called "Ninja Turtles: Mutant Town" and in the main story they should've just continued with the story so that "Ninja Turtles: Mutant Town" is just a spinoff if you enjoy it, and kinda like a prequel to the main one.
DC did an OK job of something like that back a ways now. They skipped ahead a year ("One Year Later") in all the main titles, then "52" (a 52 issue maxiseries) showed what happened during that missing year. It was an interesting concept.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 08:12 PM   #227
Leo656
The Franchise
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 23,479
52 ended up being the best thing they put out that year by a mile, too.
__________________

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 08:39 PM   #228
Zog The Magnificent
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 219
And then Dan DiDio came in and was like"52 sucks, here's Countdown to Final Crisis, it's 52 done right!"

But it wasn't. Holy crap, it wasn't.
Zog The Magnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 08:45 PM   #229
Leo656
The Franchise
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 23,479
Oh, Jesus, you ain't kidding.

There's probably "worse" comics. But I can't imagine anything more high-profile that had that many issues with not one bit of it meaning a f*cking thing. Just 52 issues of "Jokes on you, asshole, you paid for this sh*t."
__________________

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.