The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 12-20-2018, 04:15 AM   #641
Dejablue
Stone Warrior

It's a real shame Biggs got fired over some stupid Twitter nonsense. I hope he learned his lesson. Honestly think he was better than Seth Green. I tried to like Seth, honest I did...but his performance just felt dull and overly serious compared to Biggs. Even when Leo was having a jovial moment, rare thing, he sounded like someone faking it.
Seth Green Leo is like listening to kid batman. Yuck. Biggs gave Leo a dorky charisma that didnt go too far. He felt like a genuin teen not a cookie cutter, "I'm the generic hero", angsty teen.

I will forever wonder why they didnt just keep that Dominic Catrambone guy. He did a good job.

Long story short, stop being an idiot online, it has an ultra high potential to ruin you.

Also voice cast changes gripe me like nothing else.

^^^^
SHELLHEADS Inc.- A TMNT Discord!

Last edited by Dejablue; 12-20-2018 at 04:53 AM.
Dejablue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 11:35 AM   #642
CyberCubed
Overlord

Seth Green only sounded off to me during the Northampton arc but once they got back to NY I got used to him. It doesn't sound much different than Seth Green's voice in real life, but oh well.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 11:37 AM   #643
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
It doesn't sound much different than Seth Green's voice in real life, but oh well.
It doesn't have to if it works I suppose, I mean, glad we didn't get Chris Griffin
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 12:12 PM   #644
Dejablue
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Seth Green only sounded off to me during the Northampton arc but once they got back to NY I got used to him. It doesn't sound much different than Seth Green's voice in real life, but oh well.
Thats why I didnt like it. Its just the most uninspired "this is just my normal voice" acting I've ever heard.

^^^^
SHELLHEADS Inc.- A TMNT Discord!
Dejablue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 12:34 PM   #645
sdp
-

The other Leo's voices were ok but Biggs was so great for it and oddly enough the weird choice when they first announced him. But I mean when they hired him they should've known his crazy twitter antics, I hate when shows switch around VAs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
Some VA's are recognisable with some of their characters, but sometimes I like it when that happens. You can recognise KMR in TTG too but I like his voice and I found it funny hearing 'who's the best daddy in the wooorld' in Shredders voice. Again just lightly different but still him.
I'm rather oblivious to VAs and what other voices they have unless pointed out to me, but when I do recognize them I have a problem since it kinda takes me out of the show.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 04:27 AM   #646
JH24
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejablue View Post
It's a real shame Biggs got fired over some stupid Twitter nonsense. I hope he learned his lesson. Honestly think he was better than Seth Green. I tried to like Seth, honest I did...but his performance just felt dull and overly serious compared to Biggs. Even when Leo was having a jovial moment, rare thing, he sounded like someone faking it.
Seth Green Leo is like listening to kid batman. Yuck. Biggs gave Leo a dorky charisma that didnt go too far. He felt like a genuin teen not a cookie cutter, "I'm the generic hero", angsty teen.

I will forever wonder why they didnt just keep that Dominic Catrambone guy. He did a good job.

Long story short, stop being an idiot online, it has an ultra high potential to ruin you.

Also voice cast changes gripe me like nothing else.
I liked Dominic as Leo, but for some reason his voice sounded a bit off to me. Maybe because he needed to emulate Jason Bigg's voice instead of having the chance to make Leo his own.

I don't like VA changes either, but in my mind it kinda worked after what happened to Leo at the end of season 2.

Completely agree about Jason Biggs; he definitely gave Leo that kind of dorky, endearing quality without overdoing it.

Last edited by JH24; 12-28-2018 at 12:56 PM.
JH24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 11:36 AM   #647
superstaff
Mad Scientist

I was gonna make a new thread about this, but I found this one, so I'll revive it instead.

Kind of weird that people give Jason Biggs so much grief because he posts risque/dirty/gross stuff on his Twitter since Seth Green created, writes for, and acts in Robot Chicken. Have you guys ever seen some of the skits on that show? They're pretty violent and sexual, and go over the line sometimes. I say this as a fan of Robot Chicken, too.
superstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 01:22 PM   #648
neatoman
Emperor

Speaking of Robot Chicken, I take it that Green wasn't a fan of the Apritello gag?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 01:26 PM   #649
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

While you have a point where Green's professional stuff is concerned, seems it was some specific non and unprofessional continual behavior from Biggs that just eventually went too far for people. I forget what it was, but recall at least in one instance (that may have been part of it?) where he was making crude jokes way too soon (and would probably always be too soon) about some tragedy. Just being a man child refusing to outgrow a teenage urge to provoke unnecessary upset. (Not to mention that sort of behavior over something tragic that happened is rather psychopathic...)

It was a longtime thing with him and I can see how that crap just gets to a point where a company feels that the behavior of someone they are employing is not something they want to be associated with or want representing them, esp when it gets to the point that their consumer/viewer has had enough of it. Hell, McDonald's probably would have fired him too. Free speech and all, but it was never promised to have zero consequences if you go too far; only a right not to be arrested over it.

Didn't it also surface later that some of his behavior in studio was also questionable? Has probably been posted about here, but too lazy to look through 30+ pages to find it...

Seth Green...I haven't heard of any public issues with him in how he carries himself. Robot Chicken and Ameican Pie are both non-issues and unrelated to Nick's brand. Harder though to separate bad pubic behavior if you're part of that brand at the time and one of the people behind a series.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 01:32 PM   #650
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JH24 View Post
I liked Dominic as Leo, but for some reason his voice sounded a bit off to me. Maybe because he needed to emulate Jason Bigg's voice instead of having the chance to make Leo his own.
I don't see why he would need to emulate Biggs. They literally made an in-story explanation for the voice actor change (which I think was complete unnecessary... both the change and the in story explanation).
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 02:55 PM   #651
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I don't see why he would need to emulate Biggs. They literally made an in-story explanation for the voice actor change (which I think was complete unnecessary... both the change and the in story explanation).
I've gotta be honest - wasn't a fan of the change, but the in-story, one liner explanation for that was brilliant. It created buy-in for me immediately. lol!
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 04:13 PM   #652
CyberCubed
Overlord

I'm kinda perplexed Robot Chicken is actually allowed to exist. Especially using established IP's in their skits even if it's a parody. You'd think everyone would be breathing down their necks to get it canceled.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 05:20 PM   #653
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
I'm kinda perplexed Robot Chicken is actually allowed to exist. Especially using established IP's in their skits even if it's a parody. You'd think everyone would be breathing down their necks to get it canceled.
Satire is implicitly allowed by law regardless of I.P.. I think they teach you that in like.... 8th grade, man. And I.P. holders challenge it constantly and lose. Because it's literally a first amendment thing.
Old 04-25-2021, 09:43 PM   #654
Leo656
The Franchise

Plus, Robot Chicken is literally the greatest thing ever. So God probably clears a path for its continued existence, on account'a we f*cking need it.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 09:45 PM   #655
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Plus, Robot Chicken is literally the greatest thing ever. So God probably clears a path for its continued existence, on account'a we f*cking need it.
I think God is down with that and Family Guy. Also probably South Park. Probably.
Old 04-25-2021, 09:47 PM   #656
Leo656
The Franchise

If God weren't a huge fan of Family Guy he probably wouldn't keep making drop-ins as often as he does. American Dad, to a lesser extent.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 10:04 PM   #657
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by superstaff View Post
I was gonna make a new thread about this, but I found this one, so I'll revive it instead.

Kind of weird that people give Jason Biggs so much grief because he posts risque/dirty/gross stuff on his Twitter since Seth Green created, writes for, and acts in Robot Chicken. Have you guys ever seen some of the skits on that show? They're pretty violent and sexual, and go over the line sometimes. I say this as a fan of Robot Chicken, too.
How about Gilbert Gottfried (Kraang Sub-Prime)? He uses allll the no-no words.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 06:53 PM   #658
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by superstaff View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
While you have a point where Green's professional stuff is concerned, seems it was some specific non and unprofessional continual behavior from Biggs that just eventually went too far for people. I forget what it was, but recall at least in one instance (that may have been part of it?) where he was making crude jokes way too soon (and would probably always be too soon) about some tragedy. Just being a man child refusing to outgrow a teenage urge to provoke unnecessary upset. (Not to mention that sort of behavior over something tragic that happened is rather psychopathic...)

It was a longtime thing with him and I can see how that crap just gets to a point where a company feels that the behavior of someone they are employing is not something they want to be associated with or want representing them, esp when it gets to the point that their consumer/viewer has had enough of it. Hell, McDonald's probably would have fired him too. Free speech and all, but it was never promised to have zero consequences if you go too far; only a right not to be arrested over it.

Didn't it also surface later that some of his behavior in studio was also questionable? Has probably been posted about here, but too lazy to look through 30+ pages to find it...

Seth Green...I haven't heard of any public issues with him in how he carries himself. Robot Chicken and Ameican Pie are both non-issues and unrelated to Nick's brand. Harder though to separate bad pubic behavior if you're part of that brand at the time and one of the people behind a series.
Biggs mocked the death multiple times when it came to people losing their lives in aviation accidents. He also made the vilest and disgusting jokes imaginable about the wives of politicians and the Pope. Green's show Robot Chicken might have violent and gross humor, but he has never been unprofessional or mocked anyone deaths.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder
How about Gilbert Gottfried (Kraang Sub-Prime)? He uses allll the no-no words.
The studio had a history with him. He voiced Dr. Fender on The Fairly Oddparents. He said some pretty bad stuff in the past, but I don't recall the press talking about his comments on social media while he was doing TMNT.
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jason biggs, leonardo, seth green