The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 03-18-2018, 09:19 PM   #21
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
This is the only movie I haven't yet seen, I been told I'm not missing much and that seems to be the general consensus so I haven't raced to find it yet

....those suits.....
It has its good (or good enough for what it is?) moments. Personally my favorite aspect/part of the whole thing is the Turtles in the samurai gear. Too cute. (And yeah, has the benefit of disguising those rather lacking suits. lol)
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 12:54 AM   #22
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
It has its good (or good enough for what it is?) moments. Personally my favorite aspect/part of the whole thing is the Turtles in the samurai gear. Too cute. (And yeah, has the benefit of disguising those rather lacking suits. lol)
I wonder why they changed them, that part will make it harder to take seriously but I can look past that once caught up in the story. I'll likely watch it, then I've seen them all.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 03:10 AM   #23
Vegita-San
Emperor

if they got rid of the spots, the bodies wouldn't have been too bad. it's jus the faces that where damn creepy and lacking.

I guess henson didn't come back due to the company creators death AND budget. damn shame. they havn't been the same since.

TMNT 3 has grown on me. it takes a few bad movies to realize how some arn't as bad as you thought.

The turtles interaction with the villagers is the fun part, I think. and leos little sword fight with the damyo(sp) at the end isn't bad

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 04:37 AM   #24
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I like that scene at the end where back in present time, Mikey feels sad about leaving Ancient Japan but is then comforted by Splinter.

Sure, its extremely goofy in how Splinter wears a lampshade and says the corniest line ever about Elvis in Blue Hawaii, but I find myself really touched by the father/son love in that scene as well as everyone just laughing and having a good time in general.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.

Last edited by FredWolfLeonardo; 03-19-2018 at 04:43 AM.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 07:34 AM   #25
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
Sure, its extremely goofy in how Splinter wears a lampshade and says the corniest line ever about Elvis in Blue Hawaii, but I find myself really touched by the father/son love in that scene as well as everyone just laughing and having a good time in general.
If it had been just an episode or comic issue, nobody would complain.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 08:13 AM   #26
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
2007 really? I mean the plot was barebones and the focus was all over the place but I at least applaud the movie for trying to shy away from FW elements in favor of something a little more darker (sort of). I'd say it's mediocre at best.
While I agree that it tries to go for a little more comic inspired and 2K3 approach as opposed to the FW elements, it's such a slog to get through. Even though both TMNT 3 AND 2007 have immensely lame villains, I find TMNT 3 to be a little bit more enjoyable because I can actually pay attention to the action and the pacing, for the most, isn't as unbalanced as 2007 struggles with. While both being kids movies, 2007 has way more to say and doesn't speak "down" to kids like TMNT 3 does ... but I don't know. I remember even seeing 2007 in the theaters and walking away being immensely disappointed.

All in all, I applaud 2007 way more in it's ideas than it's execution of them.
Old 03-19-2018, 08:18 AM   #27
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
if they got rid of the spots, the bodies wouldn't have been too bad. it's jus the faces that where damn creepy and lacking.

I guess henson didn't come back due to the company creators death AND budget. damn shame. they havn't been the same since.
It also doesn't help that they get RIGHT IN THEIR FACES with these tight shots and it's a brightly lit set ... so it's not doing those suits any favors.

Everyone should give my favorite TMNT podcast (Turtle Soup) a listen to when they covered the third movie last spring. It's awesome.
Old 03-19-2018, 08:37 AM   #28
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphaelinSTL View Post
It also doesn't help that they get RIGHT IN THEIR FACES with these tight shots and it's a brightly lit set ... so it's not doing those suits any favors.
]
Yep. the 'you missed me' line comes to mind instantly.

Am I the only one who didn't find the 2007 movie a slog to get through? Once I got past the 'celebrities' voicing April and casey....it wound up being one of my favorite movies.

the animation was superb. It tried to be it's own thing while not straying TOO far from what's come before. It has one of my favorite Splinter voices in it.

what's not to love?

Old 03-19-2018, 08:46 AM   #29
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
Yep. the 'you missed me' line comes to mind instantly.

Am I the only one who didn't find the 2007 movie a slog to get through? Once I got past the 'celebrities' voicing April and casey....it wound up being one of my favorite movies.

the animation was superb. It tried to be it's own thing while not straying TOO far from what's come before. It has one of my favorite Splinter voices in it.

what's not to love?
Yeah, not to overtly turn this into a TMNT 2007 discussion, but the video game mission story of the monsters just seemed so very unoriginal and I just can't get over how boring the fighting is. Especially in the last half of the movie in what should've been this really well crafted animated battle between the Turtles and a HUGE amount of Foot Soldiers is like 'speed raced' through just to get to the final level. It was a let down since there was so much more potential there.

TMNT 3's action, however, is very slow and not what I would consider thrilling ... but I feel invested and there. Perhaps that's just the obvious difference between the live action and animation, but it's hard to put my finger on it. Plus, I personally don't care for all the Raphael - Nightwatcher stuff.

Back on TMNT 3 though ... Splinter is ****ing unintentionally hilarious in this movie. His little box car - puppet area is so obvious and I swear to god ... at one point in the movie, they filmed a Splinter scene and they reversed it just to keep the dialogue together compared to what they actually filmed. TMNT 3 is fun to laugh with while 2007 and those ****** Bay movies just irk me. It's weird.
Old 03-19-2018, 10:27 AM   #30
Wesley
Mad Scientist

Happy 25th anniversary, TMNT 3. Oddly enough, I like Turtles in Time. Maybe for nostalgic reasons, as it was the only tmnt film that I saw as a kid, but I watched it for the first time in decades a few days ago and thought it was still quite enjoyable. Better than Secret of the Ooze and TMNT 2014 anyway, imo.

Last edited by Wesley; 03-19-2018 at 11:58 AM.
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 11:45 AM   #31
Overlord

I never cared much for the films at all as a child. It was the original animated series, and Archie and Fleetway comics who were my favourite TMNT.
Old 03-19-2018, 02:32 PM   #32
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
If it had been just an episode or comic issue, nobody would complain.
Well I did find this

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
Old 03-19-2018, 02:32 PM   #33
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

TMNT had it's strengths.

I liked Paige Turco's take on April better this time around than in Ooze.
Casey being a part of the mix was definitely welcomed.
Corey Feldman returning as Donnie was fun to see.
Raph's relationship with Yoshi.
The good-spirited, brotherly relationship and banter between the Turtles.
Some of the fight scenes were decent enough to enjoy.

I watched it alot as a kid, just not as much as the first two.

Quote:
TMNT 3 is fun to laugh with while 2007 and those ****** Bay movies just irk me. It's weird.
Not to me it isn't. The first Bay flick is literally the only TMNT media I don't get at least some kind of enjoyment out of. The second one at least has it's merrits.. but that first one? Ugh. Gross.
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 02:51 PM   #34
shuriken
Second City Shinobi

Quote:
Also - TMNT 3 has easily the worst soundtrack of the trilogy! Even as a kid, I remember thinking how much my cassette soundtrack was a disappointment.

Though this movie intensified my love of ...

IMO the best soundtrack was SOTO (still jam out to Ya kid K cuz I'm old), but Tarzan Boy is so damn good. For the club dancing scene alone it's better than TMNT (07') and you can disagree with me all you want, but at least there aren't 13 monsters, an immortal, 4 stone generals and the most non threatening foot ninjas since the videos games.
Old 03-19-2018, 03:02 PM   #35
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krutch View Post
Not to me it isn't. The first Bay flick is literally the only TMNT media I don't get at least some kind of enjoyment out of. The second one at least has it's merrits.. but that first one? Ugh. Gross.
Oh, I meant to say "laugh at" ... just because of how cheap it looks at times ... but I hear ya.
Yep, that first Bay TMNT movie is without a doubt the worst of worst in this film series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuriken View Post
IMO the best soundtrack was SOTO (still jam out to Ya kid K cuz I'm old), but Tarzan Boy is so damn good. For the club dancing scene alone it's better than TMNT (07') and you can disagree with me all you want, but at least there aren't 13 monsters, an immortal, 4 stone generals and the most non threatening foot ninjas since the videos games.
Oh man, I agree ... I love that Secret of the Ooze soundtrack. I own the first movie soundtrack on vinyl and I've been looking for a decent condition / priced copy of SOTO for quite sometime now.
Old 03-20-2018, 10:00 AM   #36
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Oh man, I agree ... I love that Secret of the Ooze soundtrack. I own the first movie soundtrack on vinyl and I've been looking for a decent condition / priced copy of SOTO for quite sometime now.
I tried to find vinyl pressings of the first two soundtracks in the wild for ages-- like, probably since the late-90s with ZERO luck. I eventually sought out copies on eBay and Discogs.
d_osborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 10:21 AM   #37
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
I tried to find vinyl pressings of the first two soundtracks in the wild for ages-- like, probably since the late-90s with ZERO luck. I eventually sought out copies on eBay and Discogs.
Discogs was how I acquired the first movie one about three years ago.
Also feel free to friend me if you have an account!
Old 03-20-2018, 03:40 PM   #38
Overlord

Secret of the Ooze is the worst TMNT ever created, removing the mutagen's extraterrestrial origin.
Old 03-20-2018, 03:48 PM   #39
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
Secret of the Ooze is the worst TMNT ever created, removing the mutagen's extraterrestrial origin.
I personally thought it was 2014 was removing the Shredder/Splinter rivalry completely but to each their own.

Old 03-20-2018, 03:57 PM   #40
Vegita-San
Emperor

wasn't the ooze just alien industrial waste in the comics? it was still industrial waste. and if the cut shot of tmnt 2 is to be believed, the prof WAS an utrom in disguise.