The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 01-03-2018, 03:19 AM   #21
Mayhem
Foot Elite

Not sure about the regular version, but there was a specific art gallery variant for Tales #32 which is very hard to find.
Old 01-03-2018, 03:35 AM   #22
Chabrendeki
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nortock Diab View Post
The Fandom needs a new print of TMNT Adventures #∞.
Oversized IDW Deluxe Edition?
Chabrendeki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 05:50 AM   #23
Nortock Diab
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
Not sure about the regular version, but there was a specific art gallery variant for Tales #32 which is very hard to find.
#32 variant scarcity probably is the main cause behind regular #32 relative rarity. Some fans believed #32 was rare and bought it in priority compared to other Tales vol.2 issues and now it really is harder to find than other issues. At least that's my analysis of the situation .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chabrendeki View Post
Oversized IDW Deluxe Edition?
So impossible... But you can count me in anytime!
I really dig the story behind TMNT Adventures #∞ and the strangeness of the book .
Nortock Diab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 05:52 AM   #24
HeroTurtlesFan
Hench Mutant

A number of the later Hero Turtles comics from Fleetway are very hard to get hold of. Rare indeed.

Of course, that doesn't necessarily mean "in demand collectable". For me, to be that, something needs both rarity and desirability - some of these late Fleetway issues have the former, but I'm not sure about the latter.
HeroTurtlesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 07:03 AM   #25
Nortock Diab
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroTurtlesFan View Post
A number of the later Hero Turtles comics from Fleetway are very hard to get hold of. Rare indeed.

Of course, that doesn't necessarily mean "in demand collectable". For me, to be that, something needs both rarity and desirability - some of these late Fleetway issues have the former, but I'm not sure about the latter.
The same thing goes with some French printings which are literally impossible to come by while at the same time probably no one is really looking for them (but me ).
Nortock Diab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 09:02 AM   #26
bgb1018
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroTurtlesFan View Post

I've been wondering about the rarity and value of the Hero Turtle books for a few weeks now. My dad gave me 3 or 4 issues for Christmas that he found online. I had never heard of that run of books for the turtles before then.
bgb1018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 05:52 PM   #27
DK2
Stone Warrior

I'd like to think the misprint of the Tales TMNT #1/TMNT #4 2nd print should be in here too. Maybe 1000 or less survived the scrapping of the misprint. Doesn't seem any valuable though either. I think all the TMNT Vol. 4 issues #29-32 as they automatically only had the 1000 copies made, mail order from Mirage. What about the Creed/TMNT crossover? Or was that the misprint of the TMNT Vol. 2 issue with the Creed ad put on the front cover? I don't know anything else as I only go for the known issues out there. Yeah for sure the Image TMNT series. I'd say the last half is hardest to come by. It went bi-monthly later on after being a monthly series at first. More comic stores probably forgot about it in the solicits.
DK2 is offline   Reply With Quote