The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 08-12-2018, 11:09 PM   #1321
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist

Well I finally got movement from my USPS order, I have been talking with NECA over the matter and I think they sent the order out again
go_ninja84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 03:06 PM   #1322
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrokuYoshiFilms View Post
...technically they already have. Not sure if they're out yet but the Karate Kid and Golden Girls figures are fully clothed.
NECA have done plenty clothed figures with their Retro Clothed Figure line, but they're in the 1/9th scale similar to the vintage Mego figures, and are clothed like a (modern) Mego with oversized clothes like a doll so it's not liker Mezco's One:12 line or Coomodel's new Pocket Warrior line
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 08:46 PM   #1323
Shreddhead
Mad Scientist

Well, I was one of the lucky ones who was able to score a set from the pre-sale and it finally showed up today! Don't be worried if your shipment hasn't updated yet, my only said it left CA on Friday.

These guys are incredible, I couldn't be more happy with them! I sincerely hope some bootlegs (even poor paint jobs for customs) end up hitting the market in the future. Licensing is such a pain and it really is unfair that so many big fans cant get these guys.

[IMG]Untitled by Adam Marsters, on Flickr[/IMG]
[IMG]Untitled by Adam Marsters, on Flickr[/IMG]

Shreddhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 02:37 AM   #1324
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

shipping to Norway, welp! Still not paying scalper prices even with turtles + dio and shipping to Norway with import tax.
Old 08-14-2018, 12:15 PM   #1325
inaheap
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreddhead View Post
I sincerely hope some bootlegs (even poor paint jobs for customs) end up hitting the market in the future. Licensing is such a pain and it really is unfair that so many big fans cant get these guys.
I finally got mine yesterday. I thought the same thing. If NECA doesn't find a way to get these out retail I hope they get bootlegged. They are too nice to be so limited. I didn't win any at pre-sale. I at least managed to pay the immediately after pre-sale re seller price. Not quite as bad as it seems now.

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 04:24 PM   #1326
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Got a shipping notice from reship, so my figures hopefully will be here within 10 days. Fingers crossed
Old 08-14-2018, 05:55 PM   #1327
cloud
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by inaheap View Post
I finally got mine yesterday. I thought the same thing. If NECA doesn't find a way to get these out retail I hope they get bootlegged. They are too nice to be so limited. I didn't win any at pre-sale. I at least managed to pay the immediately after pre-sale re seller price. Not quite as bad as it seems now.
I kind of like how it's a limited collectible. Not that it's fun but part of collecting if owning something that's valuable. Either hard to find or unique.
I certainly hope there won't be bootlegs. It's one thing a lot of people get a set. Another thing that some 3rd party are profiting from other peoples work.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 06:56 PM   #1328
Shreddhead
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud View Post
I kind of like how it's a limited collectible. Not that it's fun but part of collecting if owning something that's valuable. Either hard to find or unique.
I certainly hope there won't be bootlegs. It's one thing a lot of people get a set. Another thing that some 3rd party are profiting from other peoples work.
I totally agree when it comes to ongoing product lines, but who is it hurting if a 3rd party KOs a con exclusive that sold out in minutes? NECA isn’t making any more money on this line, why not let fans get a Ko version?

Old 08-15-2018, 11:37 AM   #1329
D Piddy 1982
Stone Warrior

Regarding Knock offs, did they ever do the 8-piece FW set on the knock off market? I don't recall ever seeing it? If that never saw light of day then I doubt we'll see this set unfortunately...
D Piddy 1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 11:59 AM   #1330
inaheap
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud View Post
I like the idea of limited collectibles. I feel like they should be something really interesting and unique that a collector will really really want, but can live without. Not something that would be a grail piece in there collection. Which these are for a lot of people.

I would prefer NECA get these out to all collectors themselves. But if that doesn't happen, It would be nice if they were able to get them some how.

I guess I'm just a softy who wants everyone that wants to be able to enjoy these.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Piddy 1982 View Post
Regarding Knock offs, did they ever do the 8-piece FW set on the knock off market? I don't recall ever seeing it? If that never saw light of day then I doubt we'll see this set unfortunately...
I think there may have been a few figures sold individually. But not many. I wonder if they just stuck with the arcade and NYCC sets since they shared many of the same bodies and parts.

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.

Last edited by inaheap; 08-15-2018 at 12:08 PM.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 12:14 PM   #1331
Shreddhead
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Piddy 1982 View Post
They never released a KO FW set, Turtles or villains. (Which again sucks cause those foot soldiers are perfect).
They have the arcade set for pretty cheap and the NYCC foot set for a little steeper of a price.

Old 08-16-2018, 04:02 PM   #1332
DevilSpooky
Stone Warrior

Last update, THEY'RE HERE

MyUS was a godsend, everything worked smoothly, even though FedEX cost me an extra 40€ for doing absolutely nothing , but that still beats feeding those disgusting scalpers, and in the end I still got them, and they're almost perfect, Raph as a slightly wonky eye and Mikey has a small paint rub on his bandana, but they're not that noticeble and I'm happy with my set so no need to cry myself for not being able to get replacements.

All in all hopefully others can get their hands on these, one way or another, either through an official worldwide release or through those good people on the China factories
Old 08-17-2018, 12:59 AM   #1333
cloud
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by inaheap View Post
I like the idea of limited collectibles. I feel like they should be something really interesting and unique that a collector will really really want, but can live without. Not something that would be a grail piece in there collection. Which these are for a lot of people.

I would prefer NECA get these out to all collectors themselves. But if that doesn't happen, It would be nice if they were able to get them some how.

I guess I'm just a softy who wants everyone that wants to be able to enjoy these.

I think there may have been a few figures sold individually. But not many. I wonder if they just stuck with the arcade and NYCC sets since they shared many of the same bodies and parts.
I feel you. But Playmates also made some pretty good movie figures with fun accessories. Not perfect but I did like them. Will look great with some additional paint.

I am fortunate that NECA did try to get these figures out for more people to enjoy. The online sales was a blessing. Sure it sold out fast but better than nothing right.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 08:10 AM   #1334
tmntfanuk
Foot Soldier

Ugh. Well, the movie TMNTs have it ebay UK. The prices are already at £300-500. Sigh.
tmntfanuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 08:29 AM   #1335
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilSpooky View Post
Last update, THEY'RE HERE

MyUS was a godsend, everything worked smoothly, even though FedEX cost me an extra 40€ for doing absolutely nothing , but that still beats feeding those disgusting scalpers, and in the end I still got them, and they're almost perfect, Raph as a slightly wonky eye and Mikey has a small paint rub on his bandana, but they're not that noticeble and I'm happy with my set so no need to cry myself for not being able to get replacements.

All in all hopefully others can get their hands on these, one way or another, either through an official worldwide release or through those good people on the China factories
The people bootlegging these in Chinese factories aren't "good people." They are thieves. Plain and simple. They are pirating something that is copyrighted for their own selfish gain.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 09:08 AM   #1336
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** View Post
The people bootlegging these in Chinese factories aren't "good people." They are thieves. Plain and simple. They are pirating something that is copyrighted for their own selfish gain.
I disagree. They are providing for fans who have no other means of getting the set, and taking no money from Neca, in the meantime.

Scalping is worse. It deprives people of getting the set unless they can afford to pay outrageous prices.

One makes people happy, the other makes people sad.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 09:25 AM   #1337
I Like Turtles
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
I disagree. They are providing for fans who have no other means of getting the set, and taking no money from Neca, in the meantime.

Scalping is worse. It deprives people of getting the set unless they can afford to pay outrageous prices.

100 percent agree with this.
I Like Turtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 09:39 AM   #1338
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

Quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQlKpdVf2Z0
d_osborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 09:41 AM   #1339
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:

This X1000

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 09:42 AM   #1340
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

Quote:

You're soooo wrong.

At least NECA and Nickelodeon have been paid for the sets that were scalped. The bootlegged sets use an image that is owned by Nickelodeon and a mold that NECA designed and paid for, hence NECA is owed something for every movie turtle produced. If paying your dues/paying what is owed to Nickelodeon and NECA makes you "sad," if not breaking the law makes you "sad," you have a much bigger problem.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote