The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 04-12-2024, 11:22 AM   #61
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Yeah, I wouldn't expect a 1:1 adaptation of the book. Like, at all. Which may be a really good thing.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2024, 11:48 AM   #62
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Yeah, not expecting an exact retelling, but wish they'd just be out of the picture for some other reason, leaving Mikey still the last for that period, but the other brothers are okay in the end.

Ah well, guess we'll see where they really take it, assuming it goes forward. Goodness knows two PD reboot scripts have gotten writers supposedly working and then nothing more came of it.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2024, 12:02 PM   #63
BornAgain
Foot Soldier

Yeah I’d be totally cool with them going their own direction with this. To me, the core elements would probably be:

- a “final” TMNT story, where the deaths of the other turtles is essentially a given. No real getting around that.

- dual timeline, however that may be structured. We need to see the early days and the future.

- speaking of future, should have slight dystopian/cyberpunk vibes.

- Involves the Foot and doesn’t sterilize the feud.

That’s pretty much all that’s required, in my humble opinion. Obviously take visual cues and such as well where you can.
BornAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2024, 12:30 PM   #64
jignat
Foot Soldier

I haven't even read TLR and I'm excited for a potential movie.

I was bummed when they never made a sequel to the Batman vs TMNT animated movie.
I think was that a good middle ground and had some decent action even if the plot was silly.

I think its funny that people on here for decades have complained about the excessive kiddy centric projects since Nick bought the franchise and now you all are acting like Helen Lovejoy from Simpsons.

Who knows ? It may not even come out like those villiain movies on P +.

We have Spider-verse winning Oscars , but TMNT fans have to put up with ADHD crap like RISE.
jignat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2024, 02:05 PM   #65
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jignat View Post
I think its funny that people on here for decades have complained about the excessive kiddy centric projects since Nick bought the franchise and now you all are acting like Helen Lovejoy from Simpsons.
Stop making sh*t up. Just because a few people bring up a valid point about not wanting to see everyone of the main characters dead, doesn't mean they want to see a kiddy movie either.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2024, 02:58 PM   #66
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Exactly. I badly want some more mature TMNT films and series. Not being crazy about the idea of my boy and two of his brothers being dead in it doesn't negate that.
Old 04-12-2024, 03:08 PM   #67
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Ah well, guess we'll see where they really take it, assuming it goes forward.
Which would be assuming a lot. This could easily fall apart at any moment. And there's not even a director attached to it.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2024, 03:25 PM   #68
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

It’d be easier to believe that they were making a horror TMNT parody, like Blood and Honey, than an official R-rated TMNT movie.

Even with the R rating, you can bet that some parents will take their kids to go see it. When I was a kid, I’d watch R-rated movies with my Dad (none with nudity scenes though)
Old 04-12-2024, 03:41 PM   #69
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Some of you got lenient parents. I wasn't even allowed to see PG 13 until I was actually 13.

I have doubts this will really end up falling into R rating. Just make a good movie and let the ratings fall where they may. Trying too hard to be R probably shouldn't be a primary factor above a decently written adaptation.

That aside, after someone some years ago suggested using the Rat King for a live action film I've wanted a TMNT/Rat King horror ever since. Something similar to the looks of 2012's and/or IDW's Rat King designs would work nicely.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 04-12-2024 at 03:47 PM.
Old 04-12-2024, 06:10 PM   #70
CyberCubed
Overlord

I doubt this will ever come out. If it was an animated direct-to-DVD movie I could see it, because that's what they do with comic book adaptions, but not a full fledged live-action theatrical movie.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2024, 07:30 PM   #71
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I doubt this will ever come out. .
deja vu from the first page

Quote:
I doubt this will ever come out.

Last edited by Autbot_Benz; 04-12-2024 at 08:36 PM.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2024, 08:40 PM   #72
TheLabRat
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Well no surprise there, since it isn't the Turtles everyone knows and loves, it's just some OC-like new set no one has any attachment to. They're merely "safe" because few will care what choices they make with those Turtles. (Though I kinda wish the persistent "for a new generation!" bit might have used a new generation of Turtles like them to throw their questionable wrenches at for new Nick stuff at the moment.)
Do many people really care about the new generation of turtles? Casey Marie is basically Rey Skywalker.

Also, they already estabished that very low dose of mutagen can give humans, like Casey Marie, increase strength, healing, and durability. If the city needs mutant super soldiers, why do they had to mutate 4 baby turtles to protect the city?
Spoiler:
TheLabRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2024, 09:03 PM   #73
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLabRat View Post
Do many people really care about the new generation of turtles? Casey Marie is basically Rey Skywalker.
If she were like Rey, she would’ve easily kicked Mikey’s butt during their first spar. But he mopped the floor with her because although she thought she was tough enough, she lacked the proper training. She was sloppy and inexperienced, which makes her more realistic than the queen of Mary Sues that is Rey.
Old 04-12-2024, 11:51 PM   #74
BornAgain
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
deja vu from the first page
Yeah, Cubed, you missed a spot. On page two you forgot to comment that this movie will never happen.
BornAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2024, 10:22 AM   #75
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

This is a miracle that this is happening. And take what you can get because this may be the ticket to more TMNT media aimed for adults.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2024, 10:25 AM   #76
CyberCubed
Overlord

Do people really think this is going to happen. It's a pitch that will never actually start filming. Remember the Last Ronin comic takes place in a futuristic setting, a mix of sci-fi. There is no way this will be cheap.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2024, 10:40 AM   #77
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Do people really think this is going to happen. It's a pitch that will never actually start filming. Remember the Last Ronin comic takes place in a futuristic setting, a mix of sci-fi. There is no way this will be cheap.
Paramount wouldn't have announced it at Cinemacon if they weren't gonna follow through with it. Cinemacon is where studios go to announce projects to movie theaters.

but yes we should all believe Cybercubed. Pack it up everyone it's not happening cause Cyber say so. They just announced it to get people excited for no reason.
Old 04-13-2024, 11:43 AM   #78
Zog The Magnificent
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Paramount wouldn't have announced it at Cinemacon if they weren't gonna follow through with it. Cinemacon is where studios go to announce projects to movie theaters.

but yes we should all believe Cybercubed. Pack it up everyone it's not happening cause Cyber say so. They just announced it to get people excited for no reason.
To be fair, "announcing fan pleasing project to get everyone excited and spending money again, then mysteriously running into delays before quietly cancelling it and revealing that fact months after you've done so" is an age old strategy, and one we've seen play out in other properties even in the last few years.

I wouldn't get my hopes up too high until there's something tangible beyond the pitch. Heck, until it's actually shooting, I probably would take it all with a grain of salt, and these days even that's not necessarily a guarantee. Just look at Batgirl or that Looney Tunes movie.
Zog The Magnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2024, 11:46 AM   #79
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zog The Magnificent View Post
I probably would take it all with a grain of salt, and these days even that's not necessarily a guarantee. Just look at Batgirl or that Looney Tunes movie.
that's cause David Zaslav is a cheap bastard and thankfully he doesn't work for Paramount.
Old 04-13-2024, 12:13 PM   #80
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
This is a miracle that this is happening. And take what you can get because this may be the ticket to more TMNT media aimed for adults.
Yeah, way I'm trying to look at it, too. I like the Ronin story, but even if certain factors aren't what I want for a film, it can potentially be the start of company and public recognition that this other side of TMNT exists and is worth producing film and series content for.

I'm not in the camp of accept and defend literally anything with the logo slapped on it, but in this case it's a start and you take what you can and go from there. Maybe. Hopefully.

If they nailed this (including with great designs, characterization, etc,) and it, say, spawned a long running prequel series aimed at adults and older teens, that would be a dream come true. There would be a massive amount of room to work with to tell stories about the lives of these adult Turtles. Go for several seasons, or however long it lasts, then the final seasons leads up to where The Last Ronin tale begins.