The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 09-21-2015, 02:58 PM   #41
Ninturtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icebot View Post
I wonder if we'll see planet D'Hoonib and the Federation during the 13 space episodes.

Spoiler:
The Fugitoid already appeared in season 3.
We will , its on Fugitoids concept art.
Ninturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 03:03 PM   #42
Chris
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninturtle View Post
Season 5 was confirmed at SDCC.
Thanks! Not sure how I managed to miss that!!
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 03:18 PM   #43
CyberCubed
Overlord

Season 4 and 5 are only 20 episodes though, so we're losing 6 eps from each. Shame, the more episodes the better.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 03:42 PM   #44
yellowmario27
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Season 4 and 5 are only 20 episodes though, so we're losing 6 eps from each. Shame, the more episodes the better.
Does anyone know or want to guess why the seasons are shortened? Do you think it's because of ratings?
yellowmario27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 04:01 PM   #45
CyberCubed
Overlord

It saves them a lot of money and production time to make less episodes. Think about it, that's 12 episodes less (with Seasons 4 to 5 combined), that they have to make...so less expenses.

Shame, really. I feel like we're missing 12 episodes just because two seasons were shorted by about 6 episodes each.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 04:18 PM   #46
Luckyday
Mad Scientist

This could turn out to be a good thing because with fewer episodes they can dedicated the time that they normally would for stand alone episodes and instead focus that energy on working out the kinks in their story arcs, which means no rush scripts and no more deus ex machina resolutions at the last minute.

It may be a chance to do certain storylines that wasn't possible to do before.
Who knows, maybe some characters will actually get some develop for once and grow out of status quo.
We’re not unicorns!
WE’RE WOMEN AND WE TAKE WHAT WE WANT!
-Wendy Corduroy, Gravity Falls
Luckyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 04:42 PM   #47
Ursalink
Foot Soldier

OK, as far as I see, this is what I guess it will happen for the next season:

+ The Turtles, Casey and April will travel through the universe for half of the season, to avoid that the Triceratons will get the pieces of the Black Hole Generator.
+ After going back in time for 6 months, for the first 11 episodes, the Turtles will face most of the new characters we expect: Mona Lisa, Lord Dregg and stuff.
+ Surely, for episodes 12th and 13th, the gang will be back on Earth, possibly at the same moment of the Triceraton Invasion; which will cause us a serious "Deja Vu".

Considering they won't have a second chance to go back in time if the Triceratons destroy the Earth again, I can imagine they will try to "cheat" history in hopes to change things to their side:
+ During their space journey, I can guess the Turtles, Casey and April have train really hard in hopes to be prepare to face the Triceratons and other stuff.
+ I guess Professor Honeycutt would have helped April to fully develop her psychic powers in hopes of gaining a good ace against the bad guys.
+ Possibly, the Turtles will capture and try to reason with Shredder's mutants (Tiger Claw, Razhar, Fishface, Stockman, Bebop and Rocksteady). Possibly through April's powers, they will see the events of the Earth's Annihilation; about how Shredder is such a monster that he stopped Splinter of saving the Earth just for his revenge. I'm pretty sure that, if they discover how crazy Shredder is, they will side with the Turtles. They possibly don't care for the Earth itself, but I doubt they will side with the monster who decides to destroy them all. I bet at least Tiger Claw will be on the Turtles side. I wouldn't be surprised if in the "replay", he shoots at Shredder just before he kills Splinter.
+ Karai's story has to be solved once and for all. After what I saw, it's clear that Shredder has no place for love anymore; because he chose revenge instead of saving "his daugther" world. I suspect the Turtles will back in time to pick up Karai just after she was freed of the mind worm, then recruit her to save the world and stuff.

+ I can imagine the Turtles using the Technodrome to send the Triceraton's army to Dimension X and let them fight the Kraang away from the Earth.
+ They also have to save Bishop, because it's really sad to lose him right after meeting him. I suspect he will not be the only Utrom to side the Turtles. Something tells me another one (maybe Mortu?) will appear and will take the identity of "Irma".
+ After 13th episode, the Turtles will possibly save the Earth, defeat both the Triceratons and the Kraang, recover Karai to their family's side, and possibly punish the Shredder really bad. However, I bet their "space trip" will have consecuences, which will cause their space enemies like Lord Dregg arrive to Earth.
+ If his mutant henchmen betrays him as I suspect, the Shredder will surely form an alliance with Dregg for his accursed revenge.
+ I can bet the finale of Season 4 will be similar to a "series end", but with some twists. I can imagine the turtles having and ultimate victory against Dregg, the Kraang, the Triceratons and other alien enemies. The Turtles, alongside Splinter and possibly Karai, will finally defeat the Shredder and apparently kill him. But as the last scene of the season, from the rubble of his defeat (and mirroring simiar scenes in previous TMNT's films and series), the arm of the Shredder will emerge with a clear wish for revenge.
Ursalink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 04:53 PM   #48
Luckyday
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
Spoiler:
OK, as far as I see, this is what I guess it will happen for the next season:

+ The Turtles, Casey and April will travel through the universe for half of the season, to avoid that the Triceratons will get the pieces of the Black Hole Generator.
+ After going back in time for 6 months, for the first 11 episodes, the Turtles will face most of the new characters we expect: Mona Lisa, Lord Dregg and stuff.
+ Surely, for episodes 12th and 13th, the gang will be back on Earth, possibly at the same moment of the Triceraton Invasion; which will cause us a serious "Deja Vu".

Considering they won't have a second chance to go back in time if the Triceratons destroy the Earth again, I can imagine they will try to "cheat" history in hopes to change things to their side:
+ During their space journey, I can guess the Turtles, Casey and April have train really hard in hopes to be prepare to face the Triceratons and other stuff.
+ I guess Professor Honeycutt would have helped April to fully develop her psychic powers in hopes of gaining a good ace against the bad guys.
+ Possibly, the Turtles will capture and try to reason with Shredder's mutants (Tiger Claw, Razhar, Fishface, Stockman, Bebop and Rocksteady). Possibly through April's powers, they will see the events of the Earth's Annihilation; about how Shredder is such a monster that he stopped Splinter of saving the Earth just for his revenge. I'm pretty sure that, if they discover how crazy Shredder is, they will side with the Turtles. They possibly don't care for the Earth itself, but I doubt they will side with the monster who decides to destroy them all. I bet at least Tiger Claw will be on the Turtles side. I wouldn't be surprised if in the "replay", he shoots at Shredder just before he kills Splinter.
+ Karai's story has to be solved once and for all. After what I saw, it's clear that Shredder has no place for love anymore; because he chose revenge instead of saving "his daugther" world. I suspect the Turtles will back in time to pick up Karai just after she was freed of the mind worm, then recruit her to save the world and stuff.
+ I can imagine the Turtles using the Technodrome to send the Triceraton's army to Dimension X and let them fight the Kraang away from the Earth.
+ They also have to save Bishop, because it's really sad to lose him right after meeting him. I suspect he will not be the only Utrom to side the Turtles. Something tells me another one (maybe Mortu?) will appear and will take the identity of "Irma".
+ After 13th episode, the Turtles will possibly save the Earth, defeat both the Triceratons and the Kraang, recover Karai to their family's side, and possibly punish the Shredder really bad. However, I bet their "space trip" will have consecuences, which will cause their space enemies like Lord Dregg arrive to Earth.
+ If his mutant henchmen betrays him as I suspect, the Shredder will surely form an alliance with Dregg for his accursed revenge.
+ I can bet the finale of Season 4 will be similar to a "series end", but with some twists. I can imagine the turtles having and ultimate victory against Dregg, the Kraang, the Triceratons and other alien enemies. The Turtles, alongside Splinter and possibly Karai, will finally defeat the Shredder and apparently kill him. But as the last scene of the season, from the rubble of his defeat (and mirroring simiar scenes in previous TMNT's films and series), the arm of the Shredder will emerge with a clear wish for revenge.
It's a good way to wrap things up in a neat little bow while still leaving some things for future seasons.
We’re not unicorns!
Old 09-21-2015, 05:37 PM   #49
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

well if they do save the world 'which we know they will' i'm wondering how they'll deal with the time paradox situation. remember dr. honeycut picked them up right as the earth was destroyed. and if they're on a quest now to get the pieces of the black hole generator before the triceratons get them, then the triceratons wouldn't invade the earth. unless of course the fugitoid is willing to be stuck in a continuous loop after the turtles pull a bill and ted and convince their younger selves to go with him to get the black hole generator parts.

can't wait to see how the writers are gonna fix this one.

"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 06:02 PM   #50
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyday View Post
What is that and where have you heard this from?
They said something about it at SDCC.

Also, we do know that Shredder is going to be in season 4. KMR was recording a few months ago. They're probably recording the end of the season as we're doing this so they can move onto season 5.

If 5 IS the last season, it's most likely going to be Shredder-based. I HIGHLY doubt they're going to try and cram the Turtles' final battle with Shredder into 7 episodes. But so help me God, if they make the Season 4 finale another invasion, I'm done.

Also, the 20 episode order isn't so bad. Keep in mind, those 6 episodes we lost... Well, they usually do 6 to 9 filler episodes per season. Now, with 20 episodes, it'll be easier to fill each episode with actual story, rather than filler. Plus, they won't have to stretch the plots out, either.
Foombamaroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 06:12 PM   #51
JTH
"ME"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewarrior20 View Post
well if they do save the world 'which we know they will' i'm wondering how they'll deal with the time paradox situation. remember dr. honeycut picked them up right as the earth was destroyed. and if they're on a quest now to get the pieces of the black hole generator before the triceratons get them, then the triceratons wouldn't invade the earth. unless of course the fugitoid is willing to be stuck in a continuous loop after the turtles pull a bill and ted and convince their younger selves to go with him to get the black hole generator parts.

can't wait to see how the writers are gonna fix this one.
I'm going to spoiler what I say, because we're pushing a fine line on posting Season 3 finale notes and info in the Season 4 thread. People that still haven't seen the episode yet may not expect info being posted in here, only news involving Season 4 character/plot speculation.

Spoiler:
To answer your question, I don't think there would be younger selves of the turtles. Because if they're in the Fugitoid ship that is creating the relapse in time, it would protect them from the changes in the timeline because when the group left, they would no longer be affected by the time vortex. It's not going to be like a normal time paradox where they just reappear six months in the past, cause then your example I believe would be right. It would be more like the time relapse that happened in the first Superman movie when Superman made the Earth reverse rotate and thus reverse time to save Lois from the earthquake that killed her, but another Superman didn't form when the time travel took place, he just reversed time to a point where he could save her. Obviously Time Travel is a sticky topic and there are different ways to affect certain topics, but I'm sure that this is how they would explain it.
JTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 06:20 PM   #52
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder

Wait.
Season 4.
20 episodes.
4x20.
4/20.
Ayyy, I'm onto you, writers.
Old 09-21-2015, 06:44 PM   #53
matteso586
Stone Warrior

I don't know about you, but too me, Annihilation Earth felt like a loose adaptation of 2003's Space Invaders. So I'm hoping season 4 will have loose adaptations of Worlds Collide, The Trouble with Augie, and Insane in the Membrane.

And something tells me that the humans vs. mutants arc will bring up the fact that the Turtles' presence creates these "animals".

Someone in the EPF: Like germs, they spread. You four created an environment that allowed the germ to mutate to become stronger.
matteso586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 06:46 PM   #54
victory_angel
Foot Elite

I had asked this to Brandon Auman earlier today.

Quote:
I liked this incarnations view on Bishop. It's interesting he's an alien this time around, when he was originally a government agent who hated Aliens. And thus began the EPF to combat alien threats. Since Bishop is an utrom this this time around, will Dirk Savage be closer to Bishop's 2k3 role?
And this is what he answered.

Quote:
Nope, you'll just have to see if Bishop comes back
Old 09-21-2015, 06:50 PM   #55
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder

I have a feeling that if Bishop comes back, he won't remember the Turtles helped him because the timeline will be different, and he'll be leading the Mutant Task Force. It'd be interesting to see the Turtles go up against him, considering he whooped their asses in the finale. <- It was nice to see Bishop fighting like Bishop from the 2003 series.

But I hope this isn't his only episode. That'd be a major middle finger to the 2003 fans.
Old 09-21-2015, 06:59 PM   #56
Luckyday
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foombamaroom View Post
They said something about it at SDCC.

Also, we do know that Shredder is going to be in season 4. KMR was recording a few months ago. They're probably recording the end of the season as we're doing this so they can move onto season 5.

If 5 IS the last season, it's most likely going to be Shredder-based. I HIGHLY doubt they're going to try and cram the Turtles' final battle with Shredder into 7 episodes. But so help me God, if they make the Season 4 finale another invasion, I'm done.

Also, the 20 episode order isn't so bad. Keep in mind, those 6 episodes we lost... Well, they usually do 6 to 9 filler episodes per season. Now, with 20 episodes, it'll be easier to fill each episode with actual story, rather than filler. Plus, they won't have to stretch the plots out, either.
Oh okay. So what is the Mutant Task Force? A bunch of mutant hunting humans?
We’re not unicorns!
Old 09-21-2015, 07:07 PM   #57
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder

Quote:
Oh okay. So what is the Mutant Task Force? A bunch of mutant hunting humans?
We're not sure. All we know is that there's going to be some Anti-Mutant movement in season 4.
Old 09-21-2015, 07:19 PM   #58
Luckyday
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foombamaroom View Post
We're not sure. All we know is that there's going to be some Anti-Mutant movement in season 4.
Which, probably means it going to be just one measly episode then. I believe you but we been though this before. They always say something very vague about certain character or something and then we always exaggerate it and say "Oh my god. They going to do X!. A whole story/character arc of X!" "This going awesome!"
And then months later when we see it and not what we were expecting or it last about 5 minutes or a episode at best and then we get piss off at the writers for "misleading" us and whole vicious cycle begins to renews itself at the next comic con.

I'm just going to have "we'll see" attitude for now on.
We’re not unicorns!
Old 09-21-2015, 08:09 PM   #59
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder

Quote:
Which, probably means it going to be just one measly episode then. I believe you but we been though this before. They always say something very vague about certain character or something and then we always exaggerate it and say "Oh my god. They going to do X!. A whole story/character arc of X!" "This going awesome!"
And then months later when we see it and not what we were expecting or it last about 5 minutes or a episode at best and then we get piss off at the writers for "misleading" us and whole vicious cycle begins to renews itself at the next comic con.

I'm just going to have "we'll see" attitude for now on.http://i.imgur.com/abtor4B.gif
Oh, I get what you mean completely. I was so pissed off when they didn't do a Dark Raph arc. Because an invasion arc for the THIRD CONSECUTIVE TIME IN A ROW is the best thing to do.
Old 09-22-2015, 06:50 AM   #60
NoName999
Foot Soldier

And since it's supposedly 13 space episodes of a 20 episode season, that means the Karai subplot is gonna take a backseat as well.

****, 5 episodes of Turtle in Space was a overkill in the 2k3 cartoon, so I'm not holding my breath.

Tags
ban shredder orokusaki, cybercubed is corrupted, i love shredder orokusaki, schnappo, season 4, tmnt 2012