The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 04-15-2024, 04:02 PM   #121
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Of course she would. She turned up for this crap, didn't she?

I guess she's lucky they cut her scene? (Unless it meant less pay I guess?)
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2024, 04:04 PM   #122
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
I guess she's lucky they cut her scene? (Unless it meant less pay I guess?)
I seriously doubt she got a back-end deal for her tiny cameo.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2024, 07:10 PM   #123
CyberCubed
Overlord

Tbh I don't think they would try to make this in continuity with the original movies, seems like a thing that's way too much a stretch especially since The Last Ronin is more based on sci-fi and action. Doesn't really fit the old live-action universe much.

Robbie Rist would have to play Michaelangelo too, but I don't think they'd bother. He did play Mondo Gecko's voice in the Nick 2012 cartoon, so he is still around at least.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2024, 04:50 AM   #124
BornAgain
Foot Soldier

That movie is incredibly bizarre. Never seen this scene. It’s hard to comprehend that you’re watching a TMNT movie and not some cheap television series from the early 2000s.
BornAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2024, 08:54 AM   #125
CyberCubed
Overlord

Between the Turtle nostrils and white Eric Sachs Shredder, I was mentally traumatized by the concept of that movie in 2014. It's literally a decade later and I have yet to fully recover. The horror, the horror!
Old 04-16-2024, 10:56 AM   #126
IMJ
Emperor

The "nostrils"...
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2024, 02:22 PM   #127
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Tbh I don't think they would try to make this in continuity with the original movies, seems like a thing that's way too much a stretch especially since The Last Ronin is more based on sci-fi and action. Doesn't really fit the old live-action universe much.
You mean the original film universe that jumped the shark and went for time travel? That one?

Hell, bring the Time Scepter back in and visit the future, then stay this time (or get stuck) to help with the state of things. Doesn't break TLR timeline to make up a reason how they somehow GOT to that time and place other than just letting the years pass.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2024, 03:07 PM   #128
CyberCubed
Overlord

I'm just glad the TMNT fandom as a whole declared the 2014-2016 Platinum Dunes movies non-canon. I only saw both movies once out of curiosity but I do not consider them part of the TMNT mythos.

Even Next Mutation and Rise of the TMNT has their fans, but I cannot abide by Turtle nostrils.
Old 04-16-2024, 03:17 PM   #129
BornAgain
Foot Soldier

I don’t really think of it terms of canon, but it is nice that we almost universally agreed on one interpretation of turtles.

The PD films had so much potential though. They hit at the perfect time, audiences were ready and willing for something a little edgier, and the budget was huge. The effects are genuinely impressive and there is even some neat action.

I don’t need to go over everything that didn’t work, but man… the bases were loaded.

Hopefully all part of the long road that leads us to a great TLR film.
Old 04-16-2024, 04:57 PM   #130
frank_one
Mad Scientist

When is The last ronin set? In like 2040? So it would be 50 years after the 1990 movie. April was around 25, so in this one she would be around 75. I'm not sure how old she is in The last ronin comic but she looks only a bit younger than that.
The 1990 movie was a feelgood story, The last ronin is a tragedy. The contrast could work well.
They only problem is they have so many stuff to explain about what happened in 50 years, a lot of characters to introduce. Unless they go right into it and explain everything better in a prequel.
If they decide to have Judith Hoagh and Koteas in this they could de-age them for flashbacks but I'm not sure they could do it for an entire movie in a prequel.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2024, 03:43 PM   #131
Warhorse
Emperor

Sorry, I do not want to see my child heroes dead, so I am going to be skipping this one. Life is too depressing as it is.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2024, 03:59 PM   #132
Warhorse
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
I just noticed this news last night.

I like the idea of a more mature TMNT but I don’t think I want a rated R one. I definitely do not want 3 turtles dead either. I would do it similar to the first live action movie. Make it a little darker with more elaborate fights.

I’m probably gonna get backlash for this but I think Mortal Kombat (95) would be a good example. Legitimate threat (doesn’t have to be end of the world), everyone has their own personal matters to overcome and a lot of cool fights that are not overly violent.

I’m NOT against violent movies. I just don’t like this direction for TMNT. I get this comic was really popular but this is extreme. This is too far the other way.

I know it’s just speculation but...making it a continuation of the 90s movie? People really want a follow up to that where 3 turtles are dead? That sounds awful to me. At least make it it’s own thing.
When I think of a mature TMNT movie, I think of it in terms of how the first Kick Ass was filmed. It had it's hard R rating action but it also had fun. The TMNT were never some serious drama like The Walking Dead.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2024, 10:03 PM   #133
Tuxedo Moroboshi
Mad Scientist

Hmmm... definitely interesting to see so many people here disappointed purely on the basis of most of the main characters of the franchise being dead. It doesn't really bother me and I'd say I'm wholly looking forward to this movie in spite of (or maybe even BECAUSE of) its subject matter, but I also live for these kind of dark, what-if future stories. Then again, "Same As It Never Was" was one of most favorite episodes of the 2003 TMNT cartoon. Same for the 2003 Teen Titans cartoon episode "How Long Is Forever?", so I guess I just eat this kinda stuff up.

In that vein, I'd say I'm actually with the people that want this movie to be connected to the 1990 movieverse (preferably 1990 and 2007, more so than also including SOTO and III). And not because I want "my heroes to be dead" or whatever, but because that would give us a pre-established set of characters to already be emotionally attached to, and it also gives the events of this story something to connect to. That being said, what Frank_One mentions regarding using Hoag and Koteas is a fair point, in that it only makes it harder to do prequels (and prequels seem like a logical next step if this movie does well, since moviegoing audiences aren't as likely to be interested in "the next generation" that's being done with the Ronin comics).
Tuxedo Moroboshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2024, 11:08 AM   #134
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
When is this movie coming out?
Probably never. It's going to be a pitch that gets shelved, same with The Last Ronin videogame they're apparently making.

They're not going to spend a $150 million dollar budget on a futuristic TMNT movie with 3 of the Turtles dead in a sci-fi cyberpunk setting. Not to mention by the time this movie comes out, The Last Ronin comic will be pretty much forgotten by most people.
Old 04-21-2024, 11:39 AM   #135
BornAgain
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
When is this movie coming out?
There’s no telling. They are in the writing process which can vary in length.
Old 04-21-2024, 11:41 AM   #136
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

I really hope this movie does happen so we can stick it to cubed and his soon to be 200 this movie is never happening posts
Old 04-21-2024, 02:55 PM   #137
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
I really hope this movie does happen so we can stick it to cubed and his soon to be 200 this movie is never happening posts
And his complaints about turtle nostrils.
Old 04-22-2024, 03:08 AM   #138
Tyron leung
Mouser

Connecting the 90s films to TLR can't work because of continuity

Quote:
Yeah, that could work. Make a Lost Ronin movie like a legacy sequel to TMNT 1990. Insert some flashbacks to the movie as Michelangelo remembers "the good old days." TMNT II and TMNT III never happened.

It wouldn't be my top choice but I'd take it. It could work.
I don't think tying it to the 1990s trilogy & 2007 cgi film would work cause karai fugitoid & triceratons/ galactic federation the utroms baxter stockman and even shredder is due their own movies as proper villains in live action with character development and motivations and as protagonist focal point ally to the turtles . the world that's established into the 90s trilogy by the 87 cartoon is heavily influenced by, they deviated from the mirage source material after the first film and included in original characters that take away from development of shredder hamato yoshi tang shen splinter & the rest of the turtles themselves putting it all into an after school special of Danny Pennington & Charles Pennington dysfunctional family. Tatsu steals shredders antagonist role and runs pleasure island, Foot headquarters, grooming a composite of purple dragon foot wayward punks, and professor perry takes over a composite of a white washed baxter combined with the utroms role and keno is a pilot to push Ernie Reyes Jr solo career in the surf ninjas flop and the third movie killed the potential of characters like savanti romero and renet because of high budget grounded in realism and most the budget went to shoot in Vancouver and Japan.

City at war and return to new york issue 1 & 2 and the t.c.r.i space saga deserves its own movie before last ronin that utilizes chacters and themes the first film and its sequels. left out because of budget constraints, technical difficulties, jim hensons new found pascfism, compailing parent groups, foreign markets censoring ninja, fast food marketing interference and special effects wasn't there nor the built up momentum. They need to stop using and milking the nostalgia of the 1987 incarnations and making april a news reporter.

Tyler perry Baxter stockman was wasted in out of the shadows and it was over stuffed with Brian tee shredder krang bebop and rocksteady plus karai who took a backseat to the 87 continuity characters or getting rid of ninja aspect of the tmnt, so why on earth would baxter work for the foot and upgrade them to be synjas when we never seen mousers in the movies before and how would he know about fugitoid if the tcri space saga was grounded to professor perry, and they changed the company to tgri and made the shredder worm elite clones and bebop and rocksteady composite compromise in tokka and rhazar. And reaching for tmnt imagi film doesn't fit cause it's inspired by the 2003 show and is in another universe and it's Easter eggs don't count cause when did they have the time to get a replica of shredders kabuto and mempo the honor guard armor they left in the past and next mutation uses the abandoned subway set and foot costumes from the movies, and karai is a henchwoman of max winters and some stone warriors .
Tyron leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2024, 03:31 AM   #139
Tyron leung
Mouser

Quote:
Yeah, that could work. Make a Lost Ronin movie like a legacy sequel to TMNT 1990. Insert some flashbacks to the movie as Michelangelo remembers "the good old days." TMNT II and TMNT III never happened.

It wouldn't be my top choice but I'd take it. It could work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuxedo Moroboshi View Post
Hmmm... definitely interesting to see so many people here disappointed purely on the basis of most of the main characters of the franchise being dead. It doesn't really bother me and I'd say I'm wholly looking forward to this movie in spite of (or maybe even BECAUSE of) its subject matter, but I also live for these kind of dark, what-if future stories. Then again, "Same As It Never Was" was one of most favorite episodes of the 2003 TMNT cartoon. Same for the 2003 Teen Titans cartoon episode "How Long Is Forever?", so I guess I just eat this kinda stuff up.

In that vein, I'd say I'm actually with the people that want this movie to be connected to the 1990 movieverse (preferably 1990 and 2007, more so than also including SOTO and III). And not because I want "my heroes to be dead" or whatever, but because that would give us a pre-established set of characters to already be emotionally attached to, and it also gives the events of this story something to connect to. That being said, what Frank_One mentions regarding using Hoag and Koteas is a fair point, in that it only makes it harder to do prequels (and prequels seem like a logical next step if this movie does well, since moviegoing audiences aren't as likely to be interested in "the next generation" that's being done with the Ronin comics).

It wouldn't work cause those films are in other universes with the imagi cgi animated movie being 2003 show inspired & the 90s films being heavily 87 toon inspired and deviates from the mirage source material after the first film. Last ronin features characters and elements present in mirage lore by putting a last ronin movie in the world of the old movies you break continuity and begs for the question why not build up to it and do mirage tmnt movies baxter stockman in the last 35 years of tmnt being in movies hasn't he got a solo movie to be the turtles antagonist or why haven't there been a city at war and the other parts of return to newyork the tcri space saga or renet the timestress etc we only seen in each movie through The perspective of brand new oc characters that feature no where in the mirage story it lifts panels from like Danny & Charles Pennington chief sterns tokka rhazar keno tatsu mitsu kenshin lord norinaga the portuguese colonizer walker and caseys ancestor professor perry max winters the stone warriors & 13 monsters that takes away from the turtles shredder splinter april and casey jones the michael bay films wanted to be more like the 87 toon and were over crowded with awful fan service and Hollywood tampering.

The mirage comics could work given a fresh take on the story by making issue 1 as a pseudo horror revenge martial arts movie like toxic avenger the warriors and shaw bro movies and putting it in the perspective of shredder as an anti protagonist and the turtles as anti antagonist diving deep into the mirage lore with gosei hattori clan the foot mystics souls winter and developing hamato yoshi tang shen the orroku Brothers as characters than canon event death wasted characters.

The last ronin requires baxter stockman who's integral to controlling the city why would he have beef with the turtles if in the old movies he doesn't exist in that universe , how would he upgrade the foot ran by abunch of kids stealing child vice and shredder does nothing having tatsu do all the work shredder kills himself and goes out anti climatic ways the turtles never actually defeat shredder, karai doesn't exist so why would we have to believe she break a truce never made with the tmnt how would fugitoid work he's the mcguffin to defeat hiroto orroku how would baxter know about him if that adventure had never been adapted that predates the tmnt ? Hiroto orroku is under developed and none of the next generation tmnt are cool additions their a waste .
Old 04-22-2024, 03:38 AM   #140
Tyron leung
Mouser

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_one View Post
When is The last ronin set? In like 2040? So it would be 50 years after the 1990 movie. April was around 25, so in this one she would be around 75. I'm not sure how old she is in The last ronin comic but she looks only a bit younger than that.
The 1990 movie was a feelgood story, The last ronin is a tragedy. The contrast could work well.
They only problem is they have so many stuff to explain about what happened in 50 years, a lot of characters to introduce. Unless they go right into it and explain everything better in a prequel.
If they decide to have Judith Hoagh and Koteas in this they could de-age them for flashbacks but I'm not sure they could do it for an entire movie in a prequel.
Then why do last ronin to begin with when they should've just wipe the slate clean and did the mirage comics as a r rated movie to give a better portrayal of shredder baxter karai fugitoid than the fan fictioney next generation tmnt set up doing all this explanation crap when the characters in the initial story deserve their own movies as the antagonist enemy or protagonist ally to the turtles issue 2 should've been had a movie the tcri saga shouldn't have been grounded in realism and the return to new york and city at war savanti romero and leather head **** deserves their own movies